Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 12, 2014 10:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was kinda cute. Seems like Kanade has competition already not that I'm surprised. Episode felt kinda slow but she's trying hard to play the violin. The little backgrounds between her present and past self was cute I guess.

Still, her competitions are pretty damn tough. Yukihiro in particular.
Apr 12, 2014 12:58 PM

Nov 2008
I think I just saw Tsukimori Len playing Ave Maria.... Is there a chance we will see other original characters like Hino as well? :)
Apr 12, 2014 1:05 PM

Feb 2008
It seem like there is some kind of magic here as well.
Fairy remind her of childhood.
It was beautiful I don't listen to much classic but this was good. :D

I don't know about Len & Hino will appear but it still the same school name as they attend as previous season.
I dunno probably we do.
BlackbirdApr 12, 2014 1:08 PM

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Apr 12, 2014 2:34 PM

Sep 2012
Was that Len?
I'm just hoping that Kazuki will make an appearance.
Apr 12, 2014 3:26 PM

Jun 2012
Really good episode. I wonder who that girl with the teal blue hair colour was. And Kyoya seemed pissed.
Apr 12, 2014 3:33 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
janusik5 said:
I think I just saw Tsukimori Len playing Ave Maria....

Yeah I almost thought I saw him too :O

Nice, Kanade finally remembers that playing the violin is fun. I'm glad they were able to show everyone that they were worthy of the nomination by Ritsu. Even the blonde hair guy ended up really liking her playing.
Apr 12, 2014 4:45 PM
Jul 2018
Kanade played very well with her violin.

I really to see how Kyoya played his violin, too bad they skipped it.
Apr 12, 2014 4:48 PM
Oct 2013
Shaniyaz said:
Ritsu's violin riffs were insane at the end! Too bad, seems like he has some errors or not confident enough..

My guess is:

Just a guess.
funnyumentionitApr 12, 2014 5:12 PM
Apr 12, 2014 7:26 PM

Jul 2012
Decent ep, like the first. Seems like this show is taking it slow, which is fine by me. I shall enjoy the nice music~

Lol Len came back for a moment

@funnyumentionit, I bet you're right.

Marked-Ice said:
The girl with the teal blue hair reminds me of CC.

Same. Her personality too, minus the Pizza Hut.
Apr 12, 2014 7:58 PM

Jul 2010
God, that Ave Maria... couldn't help but think of Len and Hino. :)
Little kid Ritsu is so adorable. :3 why can't he still be like that?! Sighhh.

But seriously, some scenes in this episode just blatantly reminded me why I can't stand classical music anime except for Nodame Cantabile. The animators were so lazy that Kohinata was literally bowing on the fingerboard in half the music sequences... I guess most people wouldn't notice, but it just bugs me.

I've never been a huge fan of La Corda D'oro, and this series is markedly worse than the first, but it's still a pleasant, simple watch. Just nothing...absolutely nothing original, and not the best execution either.

Also, is anyone else irked by her character design? She looks way too much like the other male characters in the show sometimes... especially in the OP. Why can't she look more feminine, like the CC look alike? I swear if she wore a guy's uniform, she'd look exactly like the other bishounen.
funnyumentionit said:
Shaniyaz said:
Ritsu's violin riffs were insane at the end! Too bad, seems like he has some errors or not confident enough..

My guess is:

Just a guess.

Lol, you should be a writer for otome games or something; that totally sounds like it would happen. xD
fishergirl16Apr 12, 2014 8:09 PM
Apr 12, 2014 9:00 PM
Sep 2013
Nice episode :D I think this anime is one of the few reverse harem that made the mc have a backstory and past. Man last year's adaptions were Horrible with a capital H. Idk hopefully this one will be good because I like reverse harem, they have so much potential to be a good story....most of them...
Apr 12, 2014 9:04 PM

Oct 2011
That's a heartwarming performance. :) Too bad we didn't see Kyoya's :/
Apr 12, 2014 9:11 PM
Mar 2012
Yup, of course the music students get chummy with the duo when they found out they can play well.
Apr 12, 2014 9:17 PM
Aug 2011
Attempting to throw your cello into a river is unacceptable. SIMPLY UNACCEPTABLE!
Apr 12, 2014 9:18 PM

Jul 2012
soraibi said:
Man last year's adaptions were Horrible with a capital H.

Which ones are you even referring to, because you have everything at a 7 or higher...LOL

parfaited said:
Attempting to throw your cello into a river is unacceptable. SIMPLY UNACCEPTABLE!

ikr
Apr 12, 2014 11:36 PM

Nov 2012
the noticeable lack of animation budget for this show is quite unnerving..

but aside from that, the episode was alright.
Apr 13, 2014 1:42 AM

May 2010
I thought the blonde guy was gonna introduced that green-haired guy as "He is fellow shota of the group." while feeling deep inside "Tch, I am the only one AND the best oresama shota ever, just die you!"

The captain and kouhai gave a strong Rin and Nitori vibe there.

Man, can't we get an interesting human-like MC for once? And here I thought she is better than others... I miss old Kiniro no corda. Can't believe she forgot about the test. Atleast her performance was good but seriously that "I..." pissed me off.

It's hilarious to see how classically shoujo-ish it is.

4.5/10, I am just here, hoping it would become as good as the first one.
Apr 13, 2014 1:49 AM
Sep 2013
mayukachan said:
soraibi said:

Which ones are you even referring to, because you have everything at a 7 or higher...LOL

lol I guess you're right...I think I used to really like them but when I think about it now...they kinda sucked. I'm gonna change back to 6, at least there had pretty boys and decent ost xD

Edit: Just realised I didn't even added any otoge adaptions from last year apart from dialovers.
dammdd123Apr 13, 2014 2:01 AM
Apr 13, 2014 3:18 AM

Mar 2008
This week, unthrown celloss. Next week? Who knows what the future holds! I'd like an orchestra of bagpipes, please.

silverwalls said:
the noticeable lack of animation budget for this show is quite unnerving..
but aside from that, the episode was alright.
It wasn't too much of an issue except for how much it takes away from the performances.
CkanApr 13, 2014 3:25 AM
Apr 13, 2014 4:02 AM
Mar 2010
Man, I wish they had a higher budget for this show. And Kanade, while not a complete doormat, still is a bit annoying. Wish she'd talk more. I still want to know how many episodes this anime is going to get.

With the amount of characters in it, anything less than 26 episodes will be a disaster.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Apr 13, 2014 8:10 AM
Oct 2013
fishergirl16 said:
funnyumentionit said:
Shaniyaz said:

My guess is:

Just a guess.

Lol, you should be a writer for otome games or something; that totally sounds like it would happen. xD

A British guy writing for Japanese women would be pretty funny ^_^

Hmm, now I want to keep watching this to see if my guess is correct.
Apr 13, 2014 9:19 AM

Jan 2013
parfaited said:

ikr, you could at least sell it and get money >v>

Btw it was Len who played Ave Marie right? right?
Apr 13, 2014 12:13 PM
Apr 2012
Flowing said:
Was that Len?
I'm just hoping that Kazuki will make an appearance.

I was hoping for keiichi! XD
And was that really Len? Wasn't his hair in the first series sky blue not dark purple???

well they may have just changed it for the newer series like they did with the school director( the guy who ritsu was talking to about why ritsu picked kanade and kyoya) his original hair color was black but brown in this series. it may just be because it was sunset tho?
Apr 13, 2014 12:46 PM

Jul 2012
soraibi said:
mayukachan said:
soraibi said:

lol I guess you're right...I think I used to really like them but when I think about it now...they kinda sucked. I'm gonna change back to 6, at least there had pretty boys and decent ost xD

You are missing out if you haven't seen Utapri LOL That's like the big otome anime out there.
Apr 13, 2014 3:26 PM

Aug 2013
Almost like Tsukimori Len playing Ave Maria ...... wow that was really great moments there :") wish if we could see reference here *_*

6/6

LCWS | SCS | TCO | NC | DNC
Apr 14, 2014 1:48 AM

Oct 2010
I know its not a comedy, but I can't help but crack up while watching this.
Apr 14, 2014 2:00 AM

Feb 2013
I'm just glad they didn't drag on Kanade's problem of taking the spot in the ensemble from the others. That would have been very annoying. I'm glad she remembered how fun it is to play violin, so now they can get things moving.

I really am disappointed that the animation quality is exactly the same as the first La Corda. It's been years now, I thought it would have looked much better. And the abnormal hair and eye colors wouldn't be so damn bright.
Apr 14, 2014 10:33 AM

Jun 2013
Literally had chills when the music was playing!

Kinda wanted to see and hear Kyouya playing too but oh well....
Apr 14, 2014 10:45 AM
Jul 2010
The animation... just... ugh. After seeing a lot of anime with good animation, seeing this one really makes me disappointed as others are.

And Daichi, Sousuke, and the teal blue-haired girl are the only ones who got my interest so far. Plus the guy who played Ave Maria. I did hope to see Len then, but the hair color. D: Oh, but I wanted to see Kyoya play, too. I thought he might mess up, but I was wrong since he got an applause from them and even got accepted by the others.

(I checked the list of characters here to see if I missed a character who may possibly be the guy who played Ave Maria, then I saw Kazuki! OwO Is it some kind of mistake or...?)
Apr 15, 2014 10:33 AM

Oct 2013
funnyumentionit said:
Shaniyaz said:

My guess is:

Just a guess.

This seems probable, but his plan is also pointless unless they are also going to practice quartet pieces or have someone else step in as the other second violinist. Having a strings quintet with three violins, a viola, and cello is already unusual as most strings quintets add a second viola, cello, or sometimes a double bass. I've only ever been in one quintet with three violins, and it was set up more as a violin concerto with other strings, aka first violin gets a massive solo while the other four are essentially a small orchestra.
Apr 15, 2014 11:20 AM

Dec 2011
I am glad that they were accepted by the other members of the club... though would like to see Kyoya perform too.

Looks like Ritsu is suffering on a disease that affects his motor skills or something.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 15, 2014 11:29 AM

Mar 2008
ghosts said:
funnyumentionit said:
Shaniyaz said:
My guess is:

Just a guess.

This seems probable, but his plan is also pointless unless they are also going to practice quartet pieces or have someone else step in as the other second violinist. Having a strings quintet with three violins, a viola, and cello is already unusual as most strings quintets add a second viola, cello, or sometimes a double bass. I've only ever been in one quintet with three violins, and it was set up more as a violin concerto with other strings, aka first violin gets a massive solo while the other four are essentially a small orchestra.
Interestingly, there's at least a handful pieces for such a quintet according to imslp and wikipedia
Though, I don't know what exactly the arrangements are like, and a few of them are probably written as a soloist accompaniment, as you mentioned.

But it's certainly interesting that they're 'doubled' up as second violins, unless the translation was off, of course. (Which may not be that unlikely looking at the quality of crunchyroll's subs on this).
Apr 15, 2014 12:11 PM

Oct 2013
Ckan said:
ghosts said:
funnyumentionit said:
Shaniyaz said:
My guess is:

Just a guess.

Interestingly, there's at least a handful pieces for such a quintet according to imslp and wikipedia
Though, I don't know what exactly the arrangements are like, and a few of them are probably written as a soloist accompaniment, as you mentioned.

But it's certainly interesting that they're 'doubled' up as second violins, unless the translation was off, of course. (Which may not be that unlikely looking at the quality of crunchyroll's subs on this).

I didn't say that setup is unheard of, just unusual. That's also a really tiny number of available pieces for a string quintet with three violins.

I'm not really sure what they mean by "doubled up" anyway, either they're playing a piece that has different compositions for both second violinists, or they're both playing the exact same second violin part in a piece meant for a quartet which is incredibly dumb considering that goes against the whole point of an ensemble vs an orchestra.
Apr 15, 2014 12:34 PM

Mar 2008
ghosts said:
Ckan said:

I didn't say that setup is unheard of, just unusual.
Oh, don't misunderstand. I wasn't implying otherwise.

ghosts said:
That's also a really tiny number of available pieces for a string quintet with three violins.
I'm not really sure what they mean by "doubled up" anyway, either they're playing a piece that has different compositions for both second violinists, or they're both playing the exact same second violin part in a piece meant for a quartet which is incredibly dumb considering that goes against the whole point of an ensemble vs an orchestra.
Which makes the doubling a little more interesting if we presume that LightBlue will step down from 1st. Perhaps their 'doubling' means they'll take alternate turns as second?
Apr 15, 2014 1:09 PM

Oct 2013
Ckan said:
ghosts said:
Ckan said:

Nah I thought it was more that I was coming off as saying THIS IS JUST HOW IT IS OKAY IT'S NOT DONE THIS IS NOTTTTTTTTTT. DONNNNEEEEEEE.

with less caps.

ghosts said:
That's also a really tiny number of available pieces for a string quintet with three violins.
Which makes the doubling a little more interesting if we presume that LightBlue will step down from 1st. Perhaps their 'doubling' means they'll take alternate turns as second?

That makes even less sense since the rest of the ensemble has to get used to two different violinists who have slight variations in their playing and I'm really overthinking this.

lol apparently I have lots of feelings about this since music anime with violins features one of my few areas of expertise, and probably only one that's an anime genre at all unless they make a show about mech eng or dog rescues or the ability to watch a sickening amount of tv when studying for finals should really be the priority.
Apr 15, 2014 8:46 PM

Jan 2013
Not bad, the animation wasn't great.
It was a straight forward character development episode.
Apr 15, 2014 9:27 PM

Nov 2010
1. The person who was leaving but turned back to listen reminded me of Len.
2. I didn't fully watch the 1st episode but was the question of why Kanada's violin so much resembles Kahoko's violin answered? (golden string + it looks very used)
Apr 15, 2014 9:48 PM

Mar 2008
xDream3 said:
2. I didn't fully watch the 1st episode but was the question of why Kanada's violin so much resembles Kahoko's violin answered? (golden string + it looks very used)
Nothing yet. It could be anything from a real connection to just a continuation of the show's namesake.
It'd be nice if old friends came to play, but with the size of the current cast, I wonder if there'll be room to fit that in.

ghosts said:
Ckan said:
ghosts said:
Ckan said:

Nah I thought it was more that I was coming off as saying THIS IS JUST HOW IT IS OKAY IT'S NOT DONE THIS IS NOTTTTTTTTTT. DONNNNEEEEEEE.

with less caps.
No harm done.

ghosts said:
ckan said:
ghosts said:
That makes even less sense since the rest of the ensemble has to get used to two different violinists who have slight variations in their playing and I'm really overthinking this.

lol apparently I have lots of feelings about this since music anime with violins features one of my few areas of expertise, and probably only one that's an anime genre at all unless they make a show about mech eng or dog rescues or the ability to watch a sickening amount of tv when studying for finals should really be the priority.
Haha, but surely, speculation is one of the best parts of episodic discussions, in my mind at least.

So yeah, it doesn't make much sense at all. Then, if we take out 'alternate' playing, and go back to a literal 'doubling', if they both played the same second part, wouldn't a [1:2:1:1] division cause an off-putting imbalance in the harmony? They're meant to be playing at a competition level, after all. It just seems awkawrd. (Given, I've never had any real experience with small-group dynamics, so that's just a presumption.)
If so, that leaves either the pieces having split 2nd violin parts, (which would probably point towards them being more of a 'backing' group for the soloist), or there's been some miscommunication, and there's actually a third violin or a soloist part. Any which way, would make it harder for Lightblue to 'drop out' due to future 'misadventure'. I suppose they could always draft in another member to fill that gap.
Apr 16, 2014 7:27 PM

Apr 2007
ugh the main girl is just about as annoying as Kaho from Primo Passo, and that's the one thing I didn't want -_-

All the guys are awful so far too. Close to dropping it at this rate .-.
Sep 7, 2016 8:35 AM

Jun 2013
A bit melodramatic but definitely a strong episode, better than the first.

More topics from this board

» Fanservice/sexual content found in Kiniro no Corda (copied and pasted message template)

captaindirt1999 - Mar 19, 2017

0 by captaindirt1999 »»
Mar 19, 2017 10:46 PM

Poll: » Kiniro no Corda: Blue♪Sky Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2014

27 by SakurasouBusters »»
Nov 25, 2016 6:44 AM

Poll: » Kiniro no Corda: Blue♪Sky Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2014

14 by SakurasouBusters »»
Nov 2, 2016 1:44 PM

Poll: » Kiniro no Corda: Blue♪Sky Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2014

21 by SakurasouBusters »»
Oct 26, 2016 7:24 AM

Poll: » Kiniro no Corda: Blue♪Sky Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - May 31, 2014

14 by SakurasouBusters »»
Oct 25, 2016 8:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.