Forum Settings
Forums

Professional Wrestling (WWE, TNA, PWG, ROH, NJPW...)

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (196) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Apr 6, 2014 8:08 PM

Jun 2009
Yeah, I think it's time for Taker to retire. I don't think a match with Sting would be all that great even if he did still have the streak.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Apr 6, 2014 8:08 PM
Apr 6, 2014 8:10 PM

Feb 2013
Starchaser187 said:
http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/002/836/349/4f21964ad197fdceef32d8d1b11cd339_crop_north.png?w=582&h=388&q=75

This guy will most likely be immortalized in meme fashion
God dammit I can't think of anything.............
Apr 6, 2014 8:12 PM

Jan 2013
Lesnar can retire now.
He's done something equivalent to winning 10 Championships...if not more.
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Apr 6, 2014 8:19 PM

May 2011
My last part of my childhood died with Taker's lost.
Cesaro is amazing I hope he competes with Bryan and Bryan's victory is like amovie like.
Well this Wrestlemania will be memorable to me.
Apr 6, 2014 8:23 PM

Jul 2012
I am gonna cry myself to bed now because Bryan won and CM Punk did not show up (he could at least give some sort of a statement)
הלב שלי כבר מת
Apr 6, 2014 8:35 PM

Nov 2011
Bryan won awesome yes however what the hell just happened taker lost???? Its been a long time since ive been genuinely shocked at something wwe did wow....
SWFC

We're all Wednesday arent we?
Apr 6, 2014 8:37 PM

Jan 2012
Damn..... end of an era
you sound poor
Apr 6, 2014 8:43 PM

Nov 2011
Holy shit, I just read on the news too since I didn't watch Mania this year. Taker's streak is done? Wow...

Unbelievable and to Brock Lesnar. How was the match? To anyone who saw it? What would you rate it?
Apr 6, 2014 8:54 PM

Jun 2008
Man what the fuck....why are there so many comments?

I thought no one watched wrestling anymore...
Apr 6, 2014 8:55 PM

Nov 2011
Mainly because of Undertaker since I've seen him since the Attitude Era, Invasion, Smackdown, etc. Well, I'll be checking out Raw tomorrow. Inb4 retirement.
Apr 6, 2014 8:59 PM

Feb 2013
JustALEX said:

It's great for passing the time until NFL gets into full swing.

And the trash talk always gets me going.
Apr 6, 2014 9:01 PM

Jun 2008
OH SHIT.....I see....

Undertaker lost? DAMN!

BTW, I actually went to Wrestlemania 24 (Orlando).....so I used to be a fan, but I kinda got bored with the storylines.

But damn, never thought Undertaker would ever lose in WM....I thought that was a given.
Apr 6, 2014 9:02 PM

Jan 2013
JustALEX said:

That fact is more fake than wrestling itself..
Kagami_Hiiragi said:

Apr 6, 2014 9:03 PM
Jul 2018
Casval said:
I am gonna cry myself to bed now because Bryan won and CM Punk did not show up (he could at least give some sort of a statement)

I was gonna rub it in (I kind of already did), but the Goatface Killah winning is more than enough
Apr 6, 2014 9:04 PM

Feb 2014
Stark700 said:
Holy shit, I just read on the news too since I didn't watch Mania this year. Taker's streak is done? Wow...

Unbelievable and to Brock Lesnar. How was the match? To anyone who saw it? What would you rate it?

Two star match
Apr 6, 2014 9:06 PM

Jul 2013
skyzblue said:
Lesnar can retire now.
He's done something equivalent to winning 10 Championships...if not more.

It's funny because Lesnar/Heyman have been demanding a title match since like January and now you'd have to think Triple will want him to take out Bryan. But who the hell can even lose that match logically.
Apr 6, 2014 9:11 PM

Jun 2008
skyzblue said:
JustALEX said:

That fact is more fake than wrestling itself..

You're blowing my mind bro...
Apr 6, 2014 9:13 PM

Nov 2012
Stark700 said:

6/10
it was good, but then it got too ridiculous
Lesnar survived a Choke Slam and a Tombstone.... like wtf?
Apr 6, 2014 9:16 PM

Jul 2013
Nope said:
Stark700 said:

6/10

wut, every Taker match the past like 8 years is all about tons of finishers and false finishes
Apr 6, 2014 9:40 PM

Jan 2007
thought this years wm was kinda lame. undertaker's loss was hilarious due to the stunned crowed. and why the heck did they put the divas title match before the main event!?
Apr 6, 2014 9:52 PM

Jan 2013
Nope said:
Stark700 said:

6/10

That's nothing compared to what Undertaker received from HHH in WM 27. He survived 3 pedigrees, 10000 chair shots and a tombstone.
Kagami_Hiiragi said:

Apr 6, 2014 10:06 PM

Mar 2007
Faust721 said:
thought this years wm was kinda lame. undertaker's loss was hilarious due to the stunned crowed. and why the heck did they put the divas title match before the main event!?
Same reason they always do - piss break.
You've come a long way, baby.
Apr 6, 2014 10:19 PM

Mar 2007
I just can't help wondering what the fuck was the point of bringing in Armstrong as a ref when he didn't even quick count.
You've come a long way, baby.
Apr 6, 2014 10:21 PM

Jan 2012
Kimura said:
Faust721 said:
Same reason they always do - piss break.
lmao
you sound poor
Apr 6, 2014 10:41 PM

Nov 2012
hybreezy said:
Nope said:
Stark700 said:

6/10

wut, every Taker match the past like 8 years is all about tons of finishers and false finishes
You seem to think that I thought it was something new, but no usually when stuff like that happens I usually tend to lose interest in the match and sometime you can call the match before it ends. I just barely got back into WWE because I got pretty tired of it, but just recently came back since I missed the blood pumping finishers and awesome intros.
Apr 6, 2014 11:46 PM
Apr 6, 2014 11:46 PM

Feb 2009
I'm glad Cesaro is breaking away from The Real Americans and getting the spotlight on himself. That was the best thing to come of this show. He'll be a main eventer in no time.

As for the whole Taker thing, I don't care so much that the streak ended, but they chose the most worthless person for him to lose to. He could have put over someone who could have actually benefited greatly from it.

The table spot in the main event was sick, Randy's spine has to be in a lot of pain though, because he landed directly on a monitor.
Apr 7, 2014 12:11 AM

Jan 2013
Iconoclast said:

As for the whole Taker thing, I don't care so much that the streak ended, but they chose the most worthless person for him to lose to. He could have put over someone who could have actually benefited greatly from it.

Yeah, it felt like a slap in the face to the fans.
Lesnar doesn't even care for the company. He is not even a part timer for god's sake. The fact he got the honour before Hbk is a bitter pill to swallow.
Guess Taker really wanted to retire badly.
Kagami_Hiiragi said:

Apr 7, 2014 5:29 AM
Apr 2013
skyzblue said:
Iconoclast said:

Yeah, it felt like a slap in the face to the fans.
Lesnar doesn't even care for the company. He is not even a part timer for god's sake. The fact he got the honour before Hbk is a bitter pill to swallow.
Guess Taker really wanted to retire badly.

Yep that's it. Taker was done and he knew it. But let's look on the bright side: This probably means they'll unleash Lesnar on Bryan, which is best for business
Apr 7, 2014 10:51 AM

Apr 2011
I wasn't gonna watch it, but when I heard that Taker lost, I knew I had to. That must've been the first time I've spent 3 hours on WWE in over 2 years and I've gotta say, it was worth it.
Apr 7, 2014 10:58 AM

Dec 2012
HOLY FUCK TAKER LOST?

FUCK U WWE.

Why couldn't they let his last match be with Triple H. WWE is so fucking disappointing. Using Taker lose for shock value, that just mad disrespect.
Apr 7, 2014 11:09 AM

Jul 2013
Taker probably got tired of wrestling. He's too busy being bald and married to Michelle McCool to care anymore. I know I wouldn't, ESPECIALLY if I was married to her.

Still, I wish it wasn't Lesnar. Should've gotten Funaki to end the streak, THAT would be great.
Eminem meets Clannad
Just when you thought Clannad's OST was as sad as it could get ;_;

If you seen School Days, rewatch the ending while listening to A Little of Piece of Heaven by A7X. I guarantee laughs.
Apr 7, 2014 11:25 AM

Jul 2012
Disrespect?
Triple H beating Taker would have been more disrespectful, he won like 13 championships, he has nothing to gain from it..
Everything that people remember about Brock wrestling wise is that he was the youngest WWE champion and won one Royal Rumble, that's nothing for a guy like him.

Besides that, Undertaker wanted the streak to come to an end a while now, sure Brock wasn't the best choice , but 1000x better than Triple H or Cena.
MaorApr 7, 2014 11:28 AM
הלב שלי כבר מת
Apr 7, 2014 11:28 AM
Jul 2018
CallMePriest said:
Still, I wish it wasn't Lesnar. Should've gotten Funaki to end the streak, THAT would be great.

Lmao
Apr 7, 2014 11:32 AM

Dec 2012
I didn't mean that HHH should be the one to end it. Since that's like 100x times worse (with Cena being infinitely the worse). I meant that the last match should have been the end of era one, when Undertaker won.

Why the need to make him lose. Couldn't he retire undefeated?
Apr 7, 2014 11:55 AM

Jul 2012
tsudecimo said:
I didn't mean that HHH should be the one to end it. Since that's like 100x times worse (with Cena being infinitely the worse). I meant that the last match should have been the end of era one, when Undertaker won.

He could have, but I think he wanted it that way, he wanted someone to gain from his streak, not just him and come on 22-1 is still an amazing accomplishment.
הלב שלי כבר מת
Apr 7, 2014 12:09 PM

Apr 2011
Casval said:
Disrespect?
Triple H beating Taker would have been more disrespectful, he won like 13 championships, he has nothing to gain from it..
Everything that people remember about Brock wrestling wise is that he was the youngest WWE champion and won one Royal Rumble, that's nothing for a guy like him.

Besides that, Undertaker wanted the streak to come to an end a while now, sure Brock wasn't the best choice , but 1000x better than Triple H or Cena.

Isn't Randy the youngest world champion in history? And about Taker, it would've been cool if it was someone like, say, Roman Reigns or some other upcoming star. Lesnar beating it was shocking (never thought I'd see Taker lose at WM), but yeah. He was the wrong one, imo. He's not even full-time at WWE. Anyways, congratulations to Taker for making next year's Hall of Fame, I suppose.
Apr 7, 2014 12:12 PM

Jan 2013
Casval said:
tsudecimo said:

He could have, but I think he wanted it that way, he wanted someone to gain from his streak, not just him and come on 22-1 is still an amazing accomplishment.

Also the fact it provides great shock value and people will remember this WM for years to come just for that moment. Many fans are already proclaiming it to be of equal shock value to that of the infamous 'Montreal screwjob'.
Kagami_Hiiragi said:

Apr 7, 2014 1:06 PM

Mar 2014
I can't believe the streak is over. And to Brock Lesnar. I do have to give them both credit, it was a pretty decent match and their old story lines from 2002 and 2003 are hard to ignore. I suppose I'd rather have it be to Brock than Randy Orton.
Apr 7, 2014 1:40 PM

Jul 2012
yhunata said:
Casval said:
]the youngest WWE champion and won one Royal Rumble, that's nothing for a guy like him.

Isn't Randy the youngest world champion in history?

Randy was the youngest world heavyweight champion
הלב שלי כבר מת
Apr 7, 2014 1:44 PM

Jul 2013
skyzblue said:
Casval said:
tsudecimo said:

Also the fact it provides great shock value and people will remember this WM for years to come just for that moment. Many fans are already proclaiming it to be of equal shock value to that of the infamous 'Montreal screwjob'.

Pretty much. So many people were saying Brock facing Taker was a waste of time since Taker was gonna win anyway and only has a few matches left anyway. Considering how hard is it to shock people in wrestling these days, WWE sure pulled it off last night.
Apr 7, 2014 8:23 PM

Jun 2009
I read an article about the streak ending and the writer summed it up pretty well " Every legend ends up on their back" which means that, when it's time to retire, they almost inevitably lose because it gives the opponent a rub. Brock Lesnar lost a lot of his "luster" because of his dumb defeat by Cena back when he first came back and has been slowly getting it back, and this (along with his defeats of Triple H and Punk) makes him look like a monster again. Whoever beats him in the future is going to gain alot. The more I think about it the more I like it, provided it's done well of course.

Heyman's fantastic promo tonight really did alot to sell me on it as well, though.
Ston3_FreeN7Apr 7, 2014 11:20 PM
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Apr 7, 2014 10:21 PM

Jan 2013
insan3Spectre said:

Heyman's fantastic promo tonight really did alot to sale me one it as well, though.

Heyman's mic skills are legendary.
Kagami_Hiiragi said:

Apr 7, 2014 10:54 PM

Sep 2007
I want to believe that Taker knew it was going to be a predictable WM and called it in to break the streak to have one completely unexpected result. Just disappointed that it was to Lesnar.

And motherfucking Cesaro just always impresses. Dude just lifted Big Show's ass up like it was nothing and dumped him over the rope. Then there was that ridiculous Shield squash. What a waste.
Apr 7, 2014 10:59 PM
Jul 2018
tsudecimo said:
HOLY FUCK TAKER LOST?

FUCK U WWE.

Why couldn't they let his last match be with Triple H. WWE is so fucking disappointing. Using Taker lose for shock value, that just mad disrespect.

If I remember right, HHH is in charge of all the storylines at this point. In a way, your blame would go to him since he is the person in charge of that. Pretty funny if you think about it.
Apr 7, 2014 11:22 PM

Jun 2009
skyzblue said:
insan3Spectre said:

Heyman's fantastic promo tonight really did alot to sale me one it as well, though.

Heyman's mic skills are legendary.

"Sale me one it"

Was I fucking drunk when I typed that?

- Geralt of Rivia
Apr 7, 2014 11:33 PM
Jul 2018
meh :c really wanted randy orton to win in the triple threat match...........

wish they wrote the script differently for that match >.< (yes i know people ae going on about The phenom)
Apr 8, 2014 5:50 AM

Dec 2007
I still haven't watched wrestlemania and I won't believe the streak has ended until I see it for myself.
Honestly I'm fine with it. Taker is old and he isn't anywhere near what he used to be. I'm fine with Lesnar ending it. I'm not fine with the buildup to it which was shit. Heyman is still great though.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (196) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.