Forum Settings
Forums

Chinese Studio Admits They Plagiarized 5cm Per Second

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 5, 2009 8:51 AM

Jan 2008
lol
Hello!
Sep 5, 2009 9:13 AM
Apr 2009
wakka9ca said:
Snowflakes said:
Urgh, I'm Chinese and I'm ashamed to see that. Downright disgusting, and so darn obvious.

You need not to ashamed. The ones responsible for this are.
Sep 5, 2009 9:51 AM

Aug 2008
China, worse than the Pirate Bay. What hypocrites! They just don't give a damn what they steal!
Sep 5, 2009 10:48 AM

Jul 2007
DonKangolJones said:
China, worse than the Pirate Bay. What hypocrites! They just don't give a damn what they steal!

obviously Pirate Bay rules :P

piracy =/= plagiarism.
Sep 5, 2009 12:04 PM

Mar 2008
hehe
guess those subcontractors did their last job
but on the other side... i bet they will just change name and start to do a better job copying the next one

gonna order some chinese food :o)

in the depths of a mind insane
fantasy and reality are the same
Sep 5, 2009 12:35 PM

Jun 2007
Lol 'Made in China', you never cease to amuse me.
Sep 5, 2009 12:42 PM

Mar 2008
I wonder what CW Films and Shinkai have to say about this, I'm surprised they've been silent on this.
My Channel Anime Reviews, Unboxings and More
Drak Shadow For LetsPlays and Movie Vlogs
Sep 5, 2009 2:43 PM

Jan 2009
lol wow.. they didnt even try to hide it.. too funny
Sep 5, 2009 4:47 PM
Mar 2008
dtshyk said:
According to Record China, Liuzhou Lan Hai technologies Ltd. admitted that they have plagiarized part of Shinkai Makoto's anime movie "5 Centimeters per Second" for their new anime "心霊之窓 (Window of the heart)".

Just part? lmao
They copypastaed almost everything.

Sep 5, 2009 5:30 PM

Mar 2008
wakka9ca said:
I find it tiresome that people who probably never went to China or lived there talk about the country as if they knew everything.

This. Look at the deeds your own country has done before criticizing others. Failing that, at least get some first hand experience before making judgments based on hearsay mislabeled as research. If you shop in Chinatown singing "CHING CHANG CHONG", don't complain about not getting discounts.
Sep 5, 2009 5:40 PM

Apr 2008
wow, sucks to be china
Sep 5, 2009 6:04 PM

Aug 2007
China always copy good things (honestly, I saw 5 centimeters per second and i dont like it. But who cares...)
Sep 5, 2009 6:22 PM

Dec 2007
I wonder if the Chinese one ends...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 5, 2009 6:31 PM
Apr 2009
ShootTheBullet said:
wakka9ca said:
I find it tiresome that people who probably never went to China or lived there talk about the country as if they knew everything.

This. Look at the deeds your own country has done before criticizing others. Failing that, at least get some first hand experience before making judgments based on hearsay mislabeled as research. If you shop in Chinatown singing "CHING CHANG CHONG", don't complain about not getting discounts.

... Don't associate a country's government with the people of that country. You can't say that Americans are bad people because of what their government has done in the past. And you can't say that Chinese people are bad because their government sucks. This Chinese studio is downright horrible for what they did. But really, people need to calm down and stop associating this studio's actions with all other Chinese people.
Sep 5, 2009 6:51 PM
Jan 2009
Wow, if you're gonna copy, at least make it look just as good.
Sep 5, 2009 7:48 PM

Apr 2009
Wow China, that is truly sad
Sep 5, 2009 7:54 PM

Mar 2008
Yves said:
... Don't associate a country's government with the people of that country. You can't say that Americans are bad people because of what their government has done in the past. And you can't say that Chinese people are bad because their government sucks. This Chinese studio is downright horrible for what they did. But really, people need to calm down and stop associating this studio's actions with all other Chinese people.

I totally agree. However, if that's what people do to me, then I'll throw it right back at them. An eye for an eye. Some people don't realize their wrongdoing until they become the victim.
Sep 5, 2009 8:01 PM

Apr 2009
H3ctor said:
I don't care if China is communist or if it doesn't have copyright laws. They're still copying out of somebody's art and that is morally disgusting. Period.
lol @ img bbcode not working, mal is such a great site
Sep 5, 2009 8:04 PM
Jan 2009
xxangelchanxx said:
H3ctor said:
I don't care if China is communist or if it doesn't have copyright laws. They're still copying out of somebody's art and that is morally disgusting. Period.

But it's not china itself that's doing this, it's one particular studio, would it really matter if they were chinese or japanese? It doesn't change what the people in the country are, just the studio itself.
Sep 5, 2009 8:27 PM

Jan 2008
I read a while ago sankaku complex that china made the "sequel" to kung-fu panda. Now that was funny reading!
Sep 5, 2009 8:53 PM

Apr 2009
-Shio said:
xxangelchanxx said:
H3ctor said:

But it's not china itself that's doing this, it's one particular studio, would it really matter if they were chinese or japanese? It doesn't change what the people in the country are, just the studio itself.

Phsss this is not the first time ive seen them doing this.

I also consider bootleg figures or anime merchandise ''stolen work'' too.
Sep 5, 2009 9:03 PM

Mar 2008
xxangelchanxx said:

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and not take that as a generalization. So, exactly what else did this studio bootleg?
Sep 5, 2009 9:48 PM

Apr 2009
ShootTheBullet said:
xxangelchanxx said:

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and not take that as a generalization. So, exactly what else did this studio bootleg?

What?
I'm talking about the chinese not this company in particular.
Sep 5, 2009 9:58 PM

Mar 2008
xxangelchanxx said:
What?
I'm talking about the chinese not this company in particular.

Which is exactly what -Shio was saying:

-Shio said:

The racial profiling has got to stop.
Sep 5, 2009 10:13 PM

Apr 2009
ShootTheBullet said:

I'm sorry im kinda confused here.

-shio said:

But it's not china itself that's doing this

I was just saying before (or quoting if you perfer) that they are copying other peoples work all the time.
Sep 5, 2009 11:18 PM

Dec 2007
xxangelchanxx said:
ShootTheBullet said:

I'm sorry im kinda confused here.

-shio said:

But it's not china itself that's doing this

I was just saying before (or quoting if you perfer) that they are copying other peoples work all the time.

They mean that not every single citizen in China copies stuff. Just the companies. Not everyone in the general public. There, I spelled it out for ya and saved ShootTheBullet and -Shio some typing.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 5, 2009 11:26 PM

Apr 2009
CCZilla said:

They mean that not every single citizen in China copies stuff. Just the companies. Not everyone in the general public. There, I spelled it out for ya and saved ShootTheBullet and -Shio some typing.

Did you actually think i'm stupid enough not know that.

Wow. >_>
Sep 6, 2009 12:31 AM

Jan 2009
ShootTheBullet said:
I've been reading about this all over the place. China's animation industry works like airliner maintenance: people are severely underpaid and overworked but fear losing their jobs, so they just get it done, quality be damned.

isn't that an awful lot like the Japanese anime industry? underpaid and overworked that is.
Sep 6, 2009 1:27 AM

Mar 2008
shinigamidono said:
isn't that an awful lot like the Japanese anime industry? underpaid and overworked that is.

With the salary of Japanese animators, you can at least buy enough food locally to survive, even if it's unhealthy and not filling. China is on the far end. Unless you're one of those privileged people, to make ends meet, you'd either smuggle drugs, cigarettes, weapons, people, or human blood and organs on the side, or pretend you have a proper job and take on a much heavier workload than those who play fair - blatant plagiarism in this case. Even if you're caught, the last option will get you into much less trouble than all the others.
Sep 6, 2009 1:40 AM

Oct 2007
chuugoku bitches!

Sep 6, 2009 2:31 AM

Apr 2008
Yamo10 said:
chuugoku bitches!

Now that's inappropriate. Weeaboo + insulting. That aside.

To be quite Frank - I am Chinese myself.

Chinese plagiarism has always been - and probably will always be a problem, given the current policies of the current government.

What displeases me though is the failure of proper QC procedures for these works - sure the basic animators are underpaid but that doesn't mean the directors/companies are the same. If stricter QC can be put in place then the basic problems can be largely solved.

What we see here is a classic display of Chinese behaviour - cutting corners and avoiding responsibility. It has been that in Ancient China, it still is here today.
Sep 6, 2009 6:19 AM

Nov 2007
wow its almost the same

I signed my screen and now its all smeary "When you meet your God tell him to leave me alone."

check out my bloghttp://corpse69.wordpress.com/

fix MAL already
Sep 6, 2009 6:45 AM

Oct 2007
infinite_zero said:
Yamo10 said:
chuugoku bitches!

Now that's inappropriate. Weeaboo + insulting. That aside.

To be quite Frank - I am Chinese myself.

sorry!

Sep 6, 2009 7:38 AM
Apr 2009
-Shio said:
xxangelchanxx said:
H3ctor said:

My bad. I'm just pointing that it matters not who you are and/or what you have in general. Plagiarism will always be plagiarism. In this case the Chinese studio.
Sep 6, 2009 8:00 AM
Jun 2009
haha.. people must not be surprised.. aside from korea and japan's music.. i can't believe they also copied an anime... tsktsk.. what a shame...
Sep 6, 2009 4:00 PM

Aug 2008
The Chinese animation industry desperately wants to overtake Japan's anime industry; I've seen it on the news that China banned anime airing during prime time. Before the ban, I could still see anime being broadcast on TV there. After the ban, I searched for HOURS in Beijing trying to find an anime shop. I finally found one underground *facepalms*

OK, back on topic; by plagiarizing Japan's anime, they've basically admitted that Japanese anime are far superior to their own. I think the problem is that we Chinese still think our culture is "superior" in Asia and that everyone should still learn from us (as they did in the past). Sadly, the days of the 4 Great Inventions are long gone. The first step in regaining our past is to stop this act of piracy and plagiarism.

Oh, and one more comment: I'm pretty sad they did this, since I loved 5 Cm Per Second.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Sep 6, 2009 10:59 PM

Feb 2009
Get a life people, this happens in every industry all the time, and for more important matters worth much more money. -_- The Internet is as fun as always.
Sep 7, 2009 1:34 AM

Jul 2008
i wonder how much their conscious was eating them up to admit such a big thing
Sep 7, 2009 6:24 AM

Jan 2009
I watched in NGC or discovery channel (not remember, though.. but it's about fake and original ancient ceramic) that it is a chinese culture to copy a master art work. So, copying valuable work was part as praising the artist. and it has already happened from very long time ago.

of course, this value is quite different with our modern world. And i think, even now china still copy other work, it is more motivated by economy rather than praising.
j-mAdness for anime, j-dorama, j-movie music sheets and more goodies!
Looking for Japanese stuff? Go j-mAdness store
Sep 7, 2009 9:25 AM

Jun 2008
Wow, I read this whole topic, but this pretty much sums it up.
shinkeikaku said:
They're not going to truly progress until they rid the likes of these people from their ranks. Even the Japanese industry has killed the career of people accused of copying/tracing (Nitta Youka being a recent one). The industry needs to protect its credibility as a whole.
Despite I myself being Chinese, there is a lot of work do be done about some of the laws, traditions, cultural norms, and etcera China (and by this I mean the government) has to do. Though the people is still part of the country, and if they don't voice their opinions, with their amazing population, then it's pretty much sort of agreeing with the flow, which is not really a good thing either. That said, it's not like China was ever a proper democractic country. Though one thing is sure, the country needs to change.
Sep 7, 2009 11:14 PM
Jul 2008
Just give it up, China probably doesn't give a damn about copying. It's true that the studio is in trouble but the truth is, they earned their money, so what they can just reform another studio. As you mightve read, workers were pressured, underpaid, and probably threatened/yelled at a lot to just "make up some shit or copy someone else if you cant". Think of it like of there was an African studio that did it, you might not realize but China basically isn't democratic and lots of people die that the outside world isn't aware of.
Sep 8, 2009 7:02 PM

Jan 2009
Wow........that's almost identical, they must have noticed that before they aired that
Sep 15, 2009 7:43 PM

May 2007
Wut the heck?
Whats next? pr-On?
Sep 17, 2009 1:41 PM

Aug 2008
Ryushi said:
Wut the heck?
Whats next? pr-On?

This.
:)

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Jan 22, 2010 11:41 AM

Aug 2008
So... What's Window of the Heart about?
Jan 29, 2010 6:57 AM

Jul 2009
Hahahahahaha. Damn Chinese people. There are so many of them like 1.3 billion. And they feel the need to plagiarize. That says something
Feb 21, 2010 1:41 AM

Jun 2009
wow, that wasn't close, it was identical! all they did was change the lighting and made the girl's hair longer
Feb 21, 2010 3:43 AM

Dec 2008
Sad.
Mar 4, 2010 2:34 PM

Jun 2009
what the hell? shame on 'em

Are you the bloody applause monkey? Keep your sh*t comments to yourself or go troll on 4chan.
Apr 7, 2010 2:44 AM
Mar 2010
CkretAznMan said:
So... What's Window of the Heart about?

Same thing i bet
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Light Novel 'Izure Saikyou no Renkinjutsushi?' Gets TV Anime in Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - 4 hours ago

1 by RobertBobert »»
1 hour ago

» 'Kaijuu 8-gou' Unveils Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - May 4

3 by VittoCheri »»
4 hours ago

» 'Detective Conan' Creator's 'Yaiba' Manga Receives New Anime

Hyperion_PS - May 7

17 by MahiaErebeaNegi »»
6 hours ago

» Web Manga 'Awajima Hyakkei' Gets Anime

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by RobertBobert »»
7 hours ago

» 'Naze Boku no Sekai wo Daremo Oboeteinai no ka?' Reveals Additional Cast, Character Promo

Nioxys - Yesterday

2 by notPara »»
Yesterday, 8:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.