Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Witchcraft Works
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 24, 2014 1:10 AM
Jan 2008
Vudis said:
So anyone who read the manga....is this actually a good adaption?
Because it seems like they didn't bother explaining shit, which is the main reason for me only giving the show a 6.

Well...

The anime ends at a spot before these events happen so most people aren't going to learn of them and will just be left confused/annoyed. They still haven't revealed "everything" since they're hardly at chapter 32 now.
ZodiacBeastMar 24, 2014 1:13 AM
Mar 24, 2014 1:42 AM

Jun 2012
The animation was solid overall, and that's the only thing going for this series.

The characters weren't interesting, in fact half of them were just punchbags, and the story wasn't intriguing at all, since the characters themselves lacked depth.

The MC was a wuss from start to finish, and Kagari was annoying at least.

The OST was forgettable.

I wish I could way that Takamiya will be the worst MC of 2014, but I cant, since its certain that the industry will prove me wrong.

3/10
Mar 24, 2014 1:44 AM

Jan 2011
It just seemed to wimp out a bit at the end, and even when she "died", it wasn't like I actually felt anything--she'd just been too much of a stoneface throughout the entire show. I actually liked the fail five tower witches better.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Mar 24, 2014 1:53 AM

Jul 2013
Couldn't help but laugh when he was about to kiss her on the lips but then suddenly kisses her forehead. lolol.

Tanpopo's rabbit and the bear's conversation lol. And they both go flying.

...and it goes back to just another typical day where Kagari is kicking ass, even without her mana.
Mar 24, 2014 1:55 AM
Jan 2008
rodac said:
It just seemed to wimp out a bit at the end, and even when she "died", it wasn't like I actually felt anything--she'd just been too much of a stoneface throughout the entire show. I actually liked the fail five tower witches better.

I have to admit that I liked all the various antagonist witches a lot better than Ayaka. It's just too bad that not even the manga has progressed to the point where they've revealed just why she's so serious and single-minded towards Takamiya. It's progressed a little bit but is still pretty young.
Mar 24, 2014 2:47 AM

Mar 2013
Lame ending.. nothing changed, Takamiya still a coward as ever thus just going with the flow and they return 2 their daily life once more. I hope Takamiya can be a little mature and show some backbone 4 once if Evermillion might leave his side in the near future. Well dat's not going 2 happened anyway since Evermillion is the reason why all the witches want his power so badly. (Without this godly presence, his existence is just like a mere pebble 2 me) Rant aside, I'll read the manga later in case something good might happened.

Mar 24, 2014 2:48 AM
Feb 2009
sooo dumb to pussy to kiss her even to save her life
Mar 24, 2014 3:04 AM

Feb 2012
Honoka is such a wuss! Can't even kiss a comrade/close friend on the lips even when her life depended on it! Pisses me off! WUSSSSS!!

Aside from that, I had my fair share of laughs throughout the series!
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Mar 24, 2014 3:30 AM

May 2013
Enjoyable episode and I gave WCW 8/10 because Honoka's character development was not that much and there are things that wasn't answered (probably, Ayaka and Honoka's relationship & connection in past)

Need to continue the manga.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Mar 24, 2014 4:45 AM

Sep 2013
Considering how little I enjoyed the first episode this was a fun series but damn, Hokoka and Ayaka need to get it on, that's the only way to stop him from being such a wuss I reckon.

Already pre-ordered the manga release in late september, i's gon be gurd.
Mar 24, 2014 5:00 AM

Apr 2013
The OSTs are really good :o

Mar 24, 2014 5:30 AM

Aug 2013
Decent ending because it wrapped up the story nicely.
7/10 for this one.
Mar 24, 2014 5:51 AM

Nov 2012
Show was enjoyable, looking forward for season 2.
Mar 24, 2014 6:34 AM

Oct 2013
I wanted more of kazane. Mama was really awesome.
Mar 24, 2014 6:56 AM

Sep 2009
I don't mind them ending like that as it leave it open for a second series despite what some people think. But that won't be for a long while since the are only 4 chapter behind the manga.
Mar 24, 2014 7:03 AM

Jan 2014
Takamya really should have stabbed Osama... i mean Weekend in the face and he cant kiss Kagari to save her life. What a wimp.
KraugerysMar 24, 2014 7:12 AM
Mar 24, 2014 7:16 AM

Apr 2010
Mar 24, 2014 7:54 AM

May 2013
I'm definitely gonna miss that ending song.
Mar 24, 2014 10:20 AM

Sep 2013
I ll give it a 9/10 just to counteract the stupidity in here, "I don't like the male mc so 4, I enjoyed it, it was unique, original but 5 or 6 anyway" this is why scores mean sh!t, MAL is good for archiving your watched list and the forums.
The bear an rabbit fights were epic , great atmosphere, good music and a mellow feeling all around, I could watch this for hundreds of episodes.

The author comments on the inner workings of the series in volumes and blogs that didn't make it in the manga and anime , I made a thread in the manga section if you're interested
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1119119

For example - why aren't there many powerful witches (who are immortal and invincible)?
Because most of them just achieved godhood and left the mortal plane entirely. This leaves precious few godly witches who stayed behind for personal reasons.
ichii_1Mar 24, 2014 10:52 AM
Mar 24, 2014 10:39 AM
Apr 2012
I see a lot people here love the Sleeping Beauty cliche that has been done million times. I glad they did something different and it still worked. Remember this show mainly gender reversal. Takamiya was the damsel while Kagari is the knight as shown in the first episode.
Mar 24, 2014 12:02 PM

Jan 2008
Takamiya...it's great that he saved the entire town, actually gained enormous power instead of being useless form the start, and has the determination to do whatever it takes to fulfill his goals (not that the same can be said for many other protagonists from other shounen anime I know)...but when push comes to shove, he still lacks the balls to kiss the girl he's always admired, that loves him deeply enough that they would give each other their lives. It's just a f***ing kiss! I get it if he were abstaining from sex until marriage, but a kiss, regardless of it being the first one or not, should not be that big of a deal. Hell, even Kagari has tried to have her way with him before in bed (without his consent of course). If there's going to be a second season, he better shape up, and be a man! Right now, he's still a mere lad.

Kraugerys said:
Takamya really should have stabbed Osama... i mean Weekend in the face and he cant kiss Kagari to save her life. What a wimp.
And another thing, when he thought Kagari was dead, (despite pulling out the knife stabbed into his back by the blade with his bare hands like a bad-ass) he still didn't even have the spine to deal the finishing blow to the biggest villain he's ever faced, that had already killed countless lives in the town by this point.

Razorbackfan94 said:
I dont think there is going to be a season 2. they didnt leave anything really for a season 2.
They went with an anime-original ending for Magi too, yet they still gave it another shot. So, who knows? Depends on the sales of the BDs/DVDs.
Estoy_GordoMar 24, 2014 12:15 PM
Mar 24, 2014 1:01 PM
Feb 2013
Well, I guess I don't have to read the last chapter of this anime.

Oh boy, Honoka too much of a wuss to even kiss Kagari,
Mar 24, 2014 1:12 PM
Apr 2013
The rabbit and bear were adorable

The five medusa witches are terrible fighters XD
Mar 24, 2014 1:20 PM

Apr 2010
The comedy of this anime was nice and i liked Ayaka a lot.
But the MC wasn't very good the last few episodes was a bit to action packed for me taste.
Other then that some of the story was a bit weird but over all it was nice to watch.
Mar 24, 2014 1:26 PM

Dec 2012
Story was really rushed in the end but was still fun to watch. Art was nice to look at and that ED will be stuck in my head for a while. Nothing else really stood out. 6 or 7 out of 10.
Mar 24, 2014 1:32 PM

Mar 2013
Omg the rabbit and bear interaction part was so freakin' cute and hilarious. XD

Turned out way better than I thought it was. (I didn't like it much in the beginning). Although it's a bit too comedic for my tastes, they at least stuck with the comedic route throughout the entire show so that was okay~

Season 2 or no?
Mar 24, 2014 2:24 PM

Oct 2010
7/10 , the show did piss me off till epi 11 from start during many scenes...but i could call epi 12 a saving grace for it..
Mar 24, 2014 3:04 PM

Oct 2013
i really hope there will be a season 2 i mean a lot of things werent explained.... but i guess that depends on how well the anime sells not to mention we`ll probably have to wait at least a year.......... -.-0
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 24, 2014 3:32 PM

Aug 2013
Most of the characters were really irritating especially first few episodes basically all the fangirls of Kagari - even when they saw she was close to Takamiya they still treat him like shit. It was so incredibly annoying.
I lost track of the story about half way through because it was all over the place and getting quite boring.
I HATE that group of witches who are just there for comic relief and don't do anything. The light-pink-salmon colour hair girl with the cat ear things has the most annoying voice. They also make me hate the ED which would be pretty catchy otherwise.
Animation and art was incredible though - but that's like receiving a really crap present in beautiful wrapping paper. Good animation/art isn't enough to save an anime with a really bad story imo...
What was the point of the never ending flying confetti in this episode? It's like JC Staff had excess animation budget left and didn't know what else to spend it on. It did look pretty though.
It would have been better with more fire. I like fire.
And one more thing - Takamiya was really lame. He didn't even have the balls to kiss Kagari and that pissed me off when he was like "I can't kiss without being married" or something - like even the strictest cultures don't think like that. Such a wuss. No character development in fact he got worse as the series progressed.
5/10 - would have been a 6 until the very last scene where that group of the most annoying characters turned up and spoiled a relatively good episode.
ittou_shuraMar 24, 2014 3:40 PM
Mar 24, 2014 3:50 PM

Dec 2013
Above everything, I just love his love of penguins.
Mar 24, 2014 4:11 PM

Jul 2012
Well Takamiya acted like a real man in the fight against weekend, but in the end lost all the respect he earn when he could not kiss Kagari at the end.

Great series!!!
Mar 24, 2014 4:51 PM

Oct 2011
8/10 and one of best this season.

I don't mind MC at all... but than since half of the story I was watching it mostly for Fail Five and they were great.
Plot was decent, there were some weird/rushed things but since they didn't affect my enjoyment I don't care. It was fun little series.
Mar 24, 2014 4:55 PM

Mar 2014
Y'know... this whole series kept true to itself to the very end.. 9/10 material.
Mar 24, 2014 5:01 PM

Oct 2013
lol anime good ending BUT Y U NO KISS
[/quote]
Mar 24, 2014 5:53 PM

Jul 2010
TANPOPO/10 <3
Real fun show.Some nice characters and decent OST.Visually - beautiful.Hmm strong 7/10
Mar 24, 2014 6:02 PM

Mar 2009
I loved medusa so much! Wish she got a bigger part in this/was able to use her full powers...Maybe next season? Wait, crap, I forgot ayaka is unbeatably cliche and OP...I have such a crush on every medusa anime character. (F/SN rider is the best however.)

Mar 24, 2014 6:28 PM

Apr 2012
7/10 story felt rushed .

Mar 24, 2014 6:39 PM

Oct 2011
So that's the promise.

OMG was hoping he kissed her

Will miss this series.c
Mar 24, 2014 8:06 PM

Aug 2012
Nice episode. Funny when he was about to kiss her then went for the forehead lol. 7/10 overall. Would've liked to know more about that one girl the mother fought and more about the white witch inside him. But oh well...
Mar 24, 2014 9:10 PM

Apr 2013
wasted potential, they give us a few slides/stills of what looked like an epic fight between chronoire and kazane?.. and did he really just pussy-out the kiss? wow
KneelBeforeMeMar 24, 2014 9:33 PM
Mar 24, 2014 10:00 PM

Dec 2011
Ugh, actually the fact that he doesn't kiss her in the lips really pissed me off, it's not that I expect dat much from Honoka but come on! that's not the time to get all wuss, she's about to die...

Besides that I really enjoyed this series, I had fun watching it week to week.
Mar 24, 2014 10:06 PM

Jul 2013
That cop-out kiss!!! lol.. it was expected but still kinda funny. Tanpopo understanding the rabbit but not the bear was hilarious XD

Such an entertaining & original series. I hope there are more series that goes against the norm like this (although reading some of the comments here, it seems that the unpredictability threw some people off). There are still a lot of things unexplored so this definitely needs a 2nd season. I doubt we'll get it anytime soon though since the manga hasn't progressed far.

8/10
MoeGodMar 24, 2014 10:11 PM
Mar 24, 2014 11:09 PM

Jul 2013
no kiss??? they sure know how to frustrate people..

anyway that animation.. damn

7/10
Mar 25, 2014 12:02 AM

Apr 2012
The story wasn't very impressive but the animation(character designs, action scenes, dat city restoration at the end) was superb. The comedy was okay. However, it was a very fun watch.

6/10 - I would definitely watch a second season.

Mar 25, 2014 12:12 AM

Mar 2012
Out of the current season of anime (not counting the 2-cour series that started last season), Witch Craft Works is likely one of the best if not actually the best series overall. Its cast is wide-ranging and entertaining without necessarily relying on stock personalities. The interaction between Takamiya and Kagari is extremely endearing and something of a fresh air. Its combat is based on magic (a conventional concept) but the way it's set up -- tactics and various styles -- is also quite creative. Though plot is its only ostensible weak point, it actually carries a fairly strong central plot. The art is great and consistent. The soundtrack is decent as well and I actually liked the OP and ED both a lot.

Most importantly, it was a very fun ride without any plot dragging going on. There's always something happening and I find this to be far more likable and enjoyable than I thought I would've. 9/10
Mar 25, 2014 1:38 AM

Dec 2012
dammit Takamiya! why didn't you kiss her on the lips!?

don't worry, i know IMG tags are turned off...i'm just lazy to change my sig... xD
Mar 25, 2014 2:36 AM

Oct 2010
rasenshiruken973 said:
Most of the characters were really irritating especially first few episodes basically all the fangirls of Kagari - even when they saw she was close to Takamiya they still treat him like shit. It was so incredibly annoying.
I lost track of the story about half way through because it was all over the place and getting quite boring.
I HATE that group of witches who are just there for comic relief and don't do anything. The light-pink-salmon colour hair girl with the cat ear things has the most annoying voice. They also make me hate the ED which would be pretty catchy otherwise.
Animation and art was incredible though - but that's like receiving a really crap present in beautiful wrapping paper. Good animation/art isn't enough to save an anime with a really bad story imo...
What was the point of the never ending flying confetti in this episode? It's like JC Staff had excess animation budget left and didn't know what else to spend it on. It did look pretty though.
It would have been better with more fire. I like fire.
And one more thing - Takamiya was really lame. He didn't even have the balls to kiss Kagari and that pissed me off when he was like "I can't kiss without being married" or something - like even the strictest cultures don't think like that. Such a wuss. No character development in fact he got worse as the series progressed.
5/10 - would have been a 6 until the very last scene where that group of the most annoying characters turned up and spoiled a relatively good episode.

U stole the words from my mind...ha ha ha
perfectly summed up !
Mar 25, 2014 2:45 AM

Apr 2013
I found this show to be quite entertaining. Pretty original and made me laugh and smile a lot. I kinda expected it, but that kiss scene was great! For some reason, I really like the, 'Ivory Quintet', witches.
Mar 25, 2014 4:02 AM

Nov 2013
I wish they showed the Chronoire vs Kazane fight instead of skipping it, wtf was that?? Who woulda known Takamiya-kun would pussy out on kissing Kagari-san? Didn't see that coming at all...

Great anime, disappointed with this ending, but everything else was perfect. It's about time I continue reading the manga. I hope the manga at least shows the Chronoire fight, that shit looked badass. 8/10 from me, JCStaff did a wonderful job with production, seriously some of the most beautiful animation I have ever seen and the OST was basically flawless imo.
Mar 25, 2014 5:10 AM

May 2012
The anime was good at early episodes, but it started to get boring later. The anime felt more like comedy anime than a serious one.

6/10
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Witch Craft Works Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2014

56 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 24, 11:00 AM

Poll: » Witch Craft Works Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2014

49 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 24, 10:47 AM

Poll: » Witch Craft Works Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2014

84 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 24, 6:32 AM

Poll: » Witch Craft Works Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2014

88 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 24, 6:15 AM

Poll: » Witch Craft Works Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 2, 2014

118 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 23, 12:18 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.