Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 13, 2014 4:50 PM

Apr 2011
I knew this kid was a hallucination once no one seemed to believe Hazama and no one ever paid attention to him. (not to mention he was at all places at once).

I guess no one thought to try and trace the private calls with the cops some how?

This whole episode seemed like a waste to me.

Very shameful what Goto has turned into and of course how the Flamenco Girls were no where in sight.
Mar 13, 2014 5:00 PM

Sep 2013
"Or can I goo-goo?" LOL

So this kid's goal is to fuck over Mayoshi's life >.>

Oh an impostor?

Cutting hair like a pro, he should be a barber lol.

"But not a kid in middle school..." I feel the exact same way.

A fall-out with Goto :(

Lol at the guy jogging in place :3

So if Haiji is an illusion how would you explain what happened to the others and his apartment?

After all this I can't wait for the next episode :D

"Teaching Love" Now I have no clue what to expect in the next episode.
Mar 13, 2014 5:08 PM

Mar 2008
I am going to make a prediction:
Haiji really is spawned from Masayoshi's imagination (like from beyond and king torture, but he is more like a concept ) and Masayoshi died after fighting him. And the world goes back to its original state (crimes and stuff) since the hero has died.

Though there is only 0.00002% chance that I will get it right
dragonshadeMar 13, 2014 5:27 PM
Mar 13, 2014 5:37 PM

Nov 2010
Okay

first it a was realistic slice of life about a wannabe hero, then a power-ranger show that's actually trying to sound serious with it's extreme clichésim, and now the final phase is... a physiological anime that will leave us doubting our very existence.

Don't be surprised if I give this anime a 10/10 by the end of it, and I am not being sarcastic or anything here.
"Hateful feelings. Hurtful feelings. Unforgivable feelings.
To face one's own feelings is akin to throwing oneself into a bottomless pit, or setting sail on an endless sea.
You must not look there. You must not think about it. Though you search your soul on the dark, heaving waves, you must never look in that place." - Kusuriuri
Mar 13, 2014 5:39 PM

Jul 2011
Wait, now that I think back on it, Masayoshi's evil twin played such a small part...

Aw, a falling out with Goto. Masayoshi is really all alone now. :(

I like the theory of Masayoshi being dead and all this is his imagination.

2 more episodes!! How many more twists can they fit??
Mar 13, 2014 6:00 PM

Sep 2011
Oddly enough, out of all of the weird shit that SamFlam has pulled, I really disliked this episode.
Mar 13, 2014 6:16 PM

Dec 2009
Repeated "Flamenco", huh...
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Mar 13, 2014 6:22 PM

Apr 2011
Anyone else find it weird that after the explosion of his apartment filled with toys, the only people who were attacked were those who were not the closest to him before his big Samurai Flamenco reveal - his manager, Goto and Mineral Miracle Muse?

Also, the Flamengers attacks ranged from silly hair cuts to pushing Blacks's grandfather on the ground yet Kaname and Harazaka were this close to death - Kaname getting the biggest brunt.
Mar 13, 2014 7:05 PM

Mar 2012
The thing I like about this anime, you have absolutely no idea where the next episode is going to go but by the end of it you will be at least somewhat entertained wanting to see what's going to happen next.
Mar 13, 2014 7:16 PM

Aug 2013
You know what, at this point I'm not even going to try and think about what happened. I just want it to end XD!
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Mar 13, 2014 8:18 PM
May 2012
Who the hell is the mysterious Haiji Sawada anyway?!

That little runt was already dead due to his illness and so Gotou's Girlfriend!

Or is Hazama just completely lost it same as Gotou-san?
Mar 13, 2014 8:27 PM
Sep 2008
I still wonder if this is still just a film or TV series within the show. We haven't really been explained Mizuki wanting to transfer way back around episode 9 via text message.
Mar 13, 2014 8:31 PM

Jul 2012
I don't think this anime has an actual plot. What, this kid wants to be a superhero, he does, then power rangers, then aliens or whatever, then government conspiracy, now philosophical/psychological... hmmm and I don't even like Hazama, yeah he's like our guy, but we don't know much about him except he's a pansy. There's no romance, there's no goal, the craziest shit just passed through like nothing, what is this thing? It's weird, that's all I know.
Mar 13, 2014 9:04 PM

Sep 2012
Summary of the episode: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-N3Uk8Y5km8

Marow said:

Yeah, that probably made some kind of miracle.
Mar 13, 2014 9:16 PM

Dec 2011
I can't say I really care for any of the characters anymore but these last two eps have definitely been more interesting to me than the previous.. If only it were like this since the beginning.. It would be also interesting if this anime ends with the main characters death/suicide since the whole he real enemy is me thing i can see it happening.
Mar 13, 2014 9:19 PM

Jan 2014
Interesting as always. I couldn't help but laugh when Kaname got hit by the truck even though I know it wasn't supposed to be funny.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Mar 13, 2014 9:48 PM
May 2012
My god, people. I started to care about this series so much since the start. sigh...

I MEAN HOW THE FUCK IS THING HAPPENNING!!!

HAZAMA'S LIFE EVEN THE OTHERS IS IN GRAVE FUCKING DANGER NOW!!!
JafriZinMar 14, 2014 12:35 AM
Mar 13, 2014 11:03 PM

Aug 2012
Too good. Hard to imagine how this is all going to play out.
Mar 13, 2014 11:16 PM

Sep 2011
Beatslars said:
I think it would be interesting if all the characters were hallucinations BUT Haiji. Perhaps it was haiji who has been there all along, and Masayoshi, Goto, MMM, etc. doesn't even exist. That would be quite the twist. It would perfectly explain all the aliens, King Torture, the Will, and surrealism of the series. He was obsessed with Samurai Flamenco as explained in this episode, perhaps HE created Hazama's character, the validity of Samurai Flamenco being created by Hazama was all made up in Haiji's mind, because HIS parents were the ones who died. It really could be anything with the series at this point.

Quoted for pure win. I can think of numerous endings that would be a lot less interesting than this one.

Marow said:
fireteam_torchMar 13, 2014 11:21 PM
My channel! With anime covers! http://www.youtube.com/user/fireteamtorch
Mar 14, 2014 12:11 AM

Aug 2011
The show went all psychological thriller on us! I still have no idea how this is going to play out. Guess I'll just prepare myself for some WTFs in the last 2 episodes.
Mar 14, 2014 12:34 AM
May 2012
GEEZ GOTOU!!

CALM THE FUCK DOWN ALREADY!! YOUR GIRLFRIEND IS ALREADY DEAD!!

I mean when was the last time we seen this same thing in the last episode?!

Mari: Get outta my sight!

Gotou: I don't wanna see your face again!
Mar 14, 2014 1:10 AM
Mar 2010
No. No, no no no no no no. My head....my head hurts. I can't digest all of this. There's too much and I can't understand what I'm thinking...does that even make sense?

I literally have no idea what's going on now and I have no idea how this is going to end but if Masayoshi kills himself, I will explode.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Mar 14, 2014 4:32 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
People going crazy left and right. I wonder what the next twist is.

Anyone who does that to Pink's perfect Yamato Nadeshiko hai deserves to be pulverized!
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 14, 2014 11:13 AM
Feb 2013
Let me see, this anime started with comedy, then it goes sci-fi and now it's supernatural, geeez.
Mar 14, 2014 12:07 PM

Jun 2012
My fucking god... I completely remember that kid now. I really thought he was familiar and I should know him, but I couldn't remember him for the life of me. But the minute it flashed back I was like "OH! That kid!" damn I can't believe I forgot him because way back in that fight in episode one, it made a point that he was someone important. It just never went back to that so 19 episodes later I kind of forgot. Still, that's pretty cool that they'd do that.

I had a feeling that argument was coming though, since the big reveal that Goto's crazy last episode and the fact that no on else could find any trace of him. I didn't think he'd actually only be in his head though... I kind of don't think it's true. Otherwise that would mean Masayoshi's the one doing all this shit. Of course, there's also the possibility of it all being coincidence. Maybe someone just tapped the scientist on the shoulder and he overreacted, and maybe Red Axe just didn't see the red light, and maybe Flamenger Pink is just going bald, and maybe Green got drunk one night and in a drunken fit decided he didn't like books anymore, and Black's grandfather had a stroke, and Blue has a girlfriend who hates how much time he spends with Red Axe.

Either way, I got a laugh out of the stupidity of cutting Pink's hair lol. I will say though, even if the above theories are true, we did see a gray haired person pass by with a shiny knife-like object before her hair got cut... maybe it was just a pervert.

Anyway... it was a decent episode, better than the last couple of episodes.
Mar 14, 2014 12:21 PM

Jun 2012
Mar 14, 2014 12:51 PM
Aug 2013
If the ending will be great, for me SF will be 10/10 and the best anime I've seen in the past 5 years easily. It's just so so good, I can't.
Mar 14, 2014 12:57 PM

Sep 2012
After everything, NOW that he has gone insane. A normal person would go insane after King torture
O importante não é o que fazemos de nós, mas o que nós fazemos daquilo que fazem de nós
Mar 14, 2014 2:18 PM
Nov 2008
I think we can assume it cannot be Masayoshi who did all this stuff to others - it's still impossible to harm so many people almost at the same time, no matter middle schooler or adult.
Mar 14, 2014 4:16 PM

Feb 2013
Arw said:
I think we can assume it cannot be Masayoshi who did all this stuff to others - it's still impossible to harm so many people almost at the same time, no matter middle schooler or adult.

not to mention, it's impossible to push someone front of a moving vehicle while you're talking to him at home
Mar 14, 2014 5:18 PM

Dec 2011
My goodness. His enemy is his mind? Himself now? Whoa.
And they just have to fight, damn, that is the taboo, Masayoshi commenting on Goto's missing GF.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 15, 2014 1:05 AM

Jun 2012
Forgot to mention it, but it was actually pretty interesting hearing Masayoshi say "If you kill him, I'll kill you!". I completely agree with it, but I just didn't think he was someone who would let his emotions get the better of him. It's kind of good to see he's not completely deranged in that sense. I guess, if this kid really is all in his head then it's just signs that the stress has finally gotten to him.
Mar 15, 2014 1:47 AM

Apr 2011
I still find it weird how Hazama acts in all of these situations. He either acts immature or completely misses opportunities whether he is dealing with the will of the universe, aliens, his friends or even this new enemy (a ghost, his mind or his evil alter ego, etc.)

I can understand why some believe he is either in a dream or insane. Other than that speech in the first episode, I find his actions more in line with what we sometimes experience in dreams - when we do or say something and while we see ourselves or even wake up we say to ourselves: "why was I even saying that or even acting like that."
Mar 15, 2014 5:54 AM

Jan 2008
Those pesky middle-schoolers and their shenanigans.
Mar 15, 2014 7:05 AM

Oct 2011
Gotou will save Hazama in the end. Most likely die in order to help him T___T.

Or

Saji will use Gotou girlfriend as an illusion and make him fight Hazama in a battle. One will survive and not the other T__T.
Mar 15, 2014 8:32 AM

Apr 2012
Maybe Sawada is somekind of a vision he has to see bad things happen in the future :o
Mar 15, 2014 1:25 PM

Apr 2013
What a strange and creepy episode; felt pretty tense throughout. Even if Haiji is supposedly in Hazama's mind, it can't really explain all the bad things that happened to the Flamrangers and everyone else simultaneously. I'm gonna guess Haiji is an aura of misfortune that only Hazama can see at the moment.
Mar 15, 2014 4:23 PM

Jul 2012
MrSideliner said:
So now it's turned into AnoHana Flamenco ^.^

Samumenco: The Boy I Saw That Day
Mar 15, 2014 8:10 PM

Apr 2013
mayukachan said:
MrSideliner said:
So now it's turned into AnoHana Flamenco ^.^

Samumenco: The Boy I Saw That Day

Fuck. that's good.
It makes sense too! Haiji died, but his promise of becoming somehow extremely close to Samurai Flamenco was never fulfilled thus he's a ghost (that only Hazama can see).
Mar 16, 2014 1:44 AM
May 2012
Azekura said:
It makes sense too! Haiji died, but his promise of becoming somehow extremely close to Samurai Flamenco was never fulfilled thus he's a ghost (that only Hazama can see).

possibly.

I feel like I'm gonna be pissed IF he's gonna kidnapped/killed Ishihara & MMM and make a ransom till NOBODY really knows what's goin on except Hazama himself (Well, have we seen Kaname got knocked over by a truck even others thanks to that fucker!?).
JafriZinMar 17, 2014 8:54 AM
Mar 16, 2014 11:03 AM

Jun 2011
Wow.. I like the antagonist..
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Mar 17, 2014 2:59 AM
Mar 2014
Hey all,

This is my first post I've been reading the forums since the show first started. Hopefully the spoiler part is hidden as I got a thought after watching the last episode! Bare in mind these theories are a thought since the show always unpredictable.

I don't know about the last one but it's just a prediction. Either way whatever happens it's been one crazy ride!
Mar 17, 2014 8:39 AM

Sep 2013
Things are getting crazy. if Hazama imagined the boy the whole time then who is causing all the accidents? maybe they boy faked his death or something, next episode is gonna be crazy.
Mar 17, 2014 6:48 PM

Jan 2011
I just have a bad feeling that the reason we didn't see triple M in this episode is because they are saving them for the big bad to use next episode. We know that foreshadowing is something they like to throw at us in this show. I think we're in for a reprise of the torture scene with Mari and Moe, only it won't end quite as well...
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Mar 18, 2014 12:35 AM

Dec 2010
I'm liking the psychological feel of this arc quite a bit! I hope it gets a good conclusion!
Mar 18, 2014 7:24 AM
May 2009
Anyone got the creeps when the the next week episode title came out, the anime ends with the empty river bank, and the creepy styled words "Can you see me?"

I do think that kid may have repeated the word "Flamenco" too many times, and make the 0.02% chance of it becoming a miracle happen, and now he is an invisible guy, who has gone from the thoughts of everyone.
Mar 19, 2014 7:12 PM
May 2012
smallfry14 said:

I don't know about the last one but it's just a prediction. Either way whatever happens it's been one crazy ride!

God, I hope this will happen in the last episode otherwise I'm gonna punching myself at the screen!

Typical Noitamina who never put a fucking episode preview in every episode!

spikesagitta said:
Anyone got the creeps when the the next week episode title came out, the anime ends with the empty river bank, and the creepy styled words "Can you see me?"

I do think that kid may have repeated the word "Flamenco" too many times, and make the 0.02% chance of it becoming a miracle happen, and now he is an invisible guy, who has gone from the thoughts of everyone.

YES, OF COURSE!! NOBODY TALKS ABOUT THIS!?

THE EVIL SPIRIT IS REALLY WALKING AMONG US NOW (hope this also happens on Gotou's GF)!

rodac said:
I just have a bad feeling that the reason we didn't see triple M in this episode is because they are saving them for the big bad to use next episode. We know that foreshadowing is something they like to throw at us in this show. I think we're in for a reprise of the torture scene with Mari and Moe, only it won't end quite as well...

I feel like I wanna give a big FUCK YOU who is turns out that it was really that ghost of Sawada who kidnapped M3 girls!

Why am I the only person here in this thread who've been posting so many questions that happened in this anime?!

THAT'S IT! I feel like i'm gonna throwing a glass at the screen despite THIS happens & nothing is happening! I've been caring this series since the start, for god's sake!
JafriZinMar 20, 2014 7:22 AM
Mar 20, 2014 6:29 PM

Jan 2013
Interesting final villain. I think it's quite fitting.
For some reason this reminds me of evangelion.
Mar 20, 2014 8:59 PM
May 2012
RediceRyan said:
Interesting final villain. I think it's quite fitting.

Great, more excuses for some psychotic/douchebag villians really gets me nerves.

This is just great. SIGH...

Haiji Sawada: The TRUE main villian in this show who is such crazy motherfucker even though he's already dead a year ago (He's a ghost).

I guess I am the only one who've been cared this series so much from the start and so the other Noitamina shows. Typical people on MYANIMELIST who never bother to discuss things in the forums. (they were like 'WE DON'T CARE, WE JUST WANNA ENJOY THE SHOW. NO EXCUSES!.).
JafriZinMar 20, 2014 9:58 PM
Mar 21, 2014 4:12 AM

Mar 2008
So now we've come to the greatest villain. It's not the super-being that transcends time and space, but the one who is the reflection; evil born in the wake of the hero. When the Hero is the catalyst for evil, what's the solution?

Much as the Joker is Batman's opposite, so the personal villain is the opposite of the Toku battle-hero.

spikesagitta said:
I do think that kid may have repeated the word "Flamenco" too many times, and make the 0.02% chance of it becoming a miracle happen, and now he is an invisible guy, who has gone
from the thoughts of everyone.
This sounds about right.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2013

122 by dragnpiano »»
Apr 24, 9:41 PM

» This has to be one of the most misunderstood anime of all time, right?

lordgaara - Jun 16, 2023

7 by lordgaara »»
Jan 20, 7:49 AM

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2013

181 by lordgaara »»
Jul 16, 2023 9:15 PM

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

299 by lordgaara »»
May 25, 2023 12:12 AM

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2014

105 by lordgaara »»
May 24, 2023 11:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.