Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 3, 2014 8:26 PM

Dec 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This is it
THIS IS IT
THIS-IS-IT!!
This is what this seires is about, and we finally got some drama.
Special for me becouse Aoi is the protagonist of this chapter (and she is my favorite of the show)

Now then, Aoi is strugling on what her weakneses are, and what could she do to be a better idol wich leads to some very enlighting moment, and some bonding moment with the other Starlight girls, specially Ichigo: That made me feel like the old days (first 50 chapters), but also made me remember that before every other chapter was likr this, now we are lucky to have one with this quality in a month.

Even more, the song is Prism Spiral, and good oldie for a great chapter.

I like to point out that Aquarius is a a wind singn, but somehow it always gets related to water (To notice: The water sings are Scorpius, Cancer and Piscis).

Aaanyway, To finish in the next episode starts the IdolFest, and maybe we can have more quality chapters now.

As a side note, i just realised that if they make 12 constelation desses, all in one stage... Maybe that's the reason behind all the Dre-Aca-fiasco-chapters? To build enought cast to pull a 12 constelation desses show?
Maybe i'm thinking too much.

Loved the episode. I'm still in, even if a little reluctant.

Zaraquiel99Mar 4, 2014 4:46 AM
Mar 3, 2014 9:31 PM

Jun 2011
^_^'' Er, actually, the song is Prism Spiral, I would know, it's probably the one Aikatsu song next to Glass Doll I keep on a loop.

Still, I MISSED this, no Dre-Aca girls, and the episode was far better.
"Aiming for the mark takes precision, balance, and patience."

....Screw that, let's shoot the damn thing!
Mar 4, 2014 5:49 PM

Oct 2012
A lot of Aoi this episode
Mar 6, 2014 9:30 AM

Jan 2009
aoi was awesome. i like her even more.

8/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Mar 10, 2014 8:28 PM

Mar 2011
Well directed episode about mizu.
More than two years have passed and the girls look all the same, but never mind it.
I just can't believe Aoi lost to that Otomeh.
Aoi just can't live without Ichigo.
That song again? Okay, it's been awhile...
And Aoi have to say "odayaka ja nai", even if it's in the post-credits scene.
FrezlajMar 10, 2014 8:37 PM
Mar 24, 2014 10:55 PM

Jul 2008
This was a good episode, though I had a few issues with it .

First of all, hooray! No DreAca girls at all. I didn't mind Tiara's influence in the episode, either.

The character development for Aoi was welcome, and it was foreshadowed pretty much TWENTY episodes ago. About time they get it to it. And I actually can believe Aoi losing to Otome. Even though she embraced it this episode, and it might become a strength, Aoi really doesn't "pop" alone on stage. She is best when she is part of a group like Soleil or Star Anis. She doesn't have the charisma.

Though I don't know how Ran lost.

The issue I had with this episode was the timing. Not just because it was past due, but because we have already seen all the DreAca idols perform constellation appeals (I think?). These girls have been idols for just a few months (and didn't Seira perform one at her first concert?), and Aoi has been working hard for almost three years. It is kind of a slap to her face to assume she couldn't do a constellation appeals when all these newbies are doing them left and right. If the episode had taken place before Kii, Maria, and Sora had performed them it might have had more impact.

But it was still a good episode.
Sep 16, 2014 6:27 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
GarLogan78 said:
This was a good episode, though I had a few issues with it .

First of all, hooray! No DreAca girls at all. I didn't mind Tiara's influence in the episode, either.

The character development for Aoi was welcome, and it was foreshadowed pretty much TWENTY episodes ago. About time they get it to it. And I actually can believe Aoi losing to Otome. Even though she embraced it this episode, and it might become a strength, Aoi really doesn't "pop" alone on stage. She is best when she is part of a group like Soleil or Star Anis. She doesn't have the charisma.

Though I don't know how Ran lost.

The issue I had with this episode was the timing. Not just because it was past due, but because we have already seen all the DreAca idols perform constellation appeals (I think?). These girls have been idols for just a few months (and didn't Seira perform one at her first concert?), and Aoi has been working hard for almost three years. It is kind of a slap to her face to assume she couldn't do a constellation appeals when all these newbies are doing them left and right. If the episode had taken place before Kii, Maria, and Sora had performed them it might have had more impact.

But it was still a good episode.

Aoi even said it herself that she wasn't confident in herself. Aoi's had solo performances and she doesn't really have much charisma which is why she lost to Otome. However, how is it that these noobies especially Kii perform Constellations Appeals like a walk in the park. For one, Kii wasn't even an idol at first, now she can perform the Special Appeals easily. Aoi's a third year idol, been part of important idol units, she deserves better than that.

Tiara is probably the only character from DreAca that isn't annoying. I certainly didn't mind her presence this episode.

Aoi forgets to bring supplies on her mountain Aikatsu training lol.

Aoi <3

Jun 18, 2016 11:14 PM

Dec 2013
An Aoi focused episode, which was nice because she's my favorite :)

It was nice how everyone tried to help her out. Ran's difficulty to give up her Ebipon was cute.

Hearing Prism Spiral again was nice. It's probably one of my favorite songs from the series.
Sep 9, 2021 1:48 AM

Feb 2020
Pretty good Aoi focused episode.

She lost to Otome in the Starlight Queen Cup because she lacked the strong will to win. Finally, it makes some sense why Otome is the Starlight Queen at the moment. We just don't know what happened to Ran, but oh well.

Aoi and Ichigo looked so cute in their sleeping bags. :3

SerafosMar 2, 8:41 AM
Jul 11, 2023 8:18 PM
Aug 2019
Ooh, this episode was so good! It's been quite a while since we saw Ichigo and Aoi by themselves in a more meaningful way and this episode reminded me of why I love their friendship a lot, the way they always support and cheer each other is super cute! I love them💕 By the way, I've been seeing a lot of people in these threads that don't like the DreAca girls which is weird for me, I love all of them a lot lol. Taste is taste i guess!
Feb 1, 1:40 AM

May 2019
My god this episode was so fucking amazing that it blew me away with how portrayed Aoi's character with her own struggle. This past few episodes has been really bad but this one is just too good. Finally there is no DreAca girls involvement this time around so they could focus on Aoi. This episode reminds me how good the quality of the episodes from the first season. Water is surely plain but it's very essential for everyday use so much that it's easily taken for granted. Just like Aoi being not particularly stands out on her own but she is easily the best support for her friends especially Ichigo. And it's been awhile we get an episode really dedicated to their friendship, they are really for each other. She just need to trust on her capabilites that she could shine the brightest by herself. No doubt she is my favorite and this episode also one my favorite episode by far.
VivaceRexFeb 1, 1:47 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aikatsu! Episode 79 Discussion

billybob300c - Apr 24, 2014

18 by aloradear »»
Apr 24, 9:08 AM

Poll: » Aikatsu! Episode 5 Discussion

Blackbird - Nov 5, 2012

16 by daiyoukai »»
Apr 14, 6:01 PM

Poll: » Aikatsu! Episode 76 Discussion

Gar_Logan - Apr 3, 2014

16 by Edocchi »»
Apr 4, 1:45 AM

Poll: » Aikatsu! Episode 22 Discussion

Gar_Logan - Mar 12, 2013

14 by Sylicone »»
Apr 3, 4:24 PM

Poll: » Aikatsu! Episode 70 Discussion

Zaraquiel99 - Feb 21, 2014

13 by aloradear »»
Feb 20, 7:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.