Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 27, 2014 2:19 PM

Dec 2011
Can't believe Kinoe [Yamato (Tenzo)] became the main character this episode. Looks like this will go on for more episodes.

This episode also explained why Kakashi is scared of Orochimaru... remember the time when Kakashi sealed Sasuke's cursed seal... he was sweating buckets seeing Orochimaru... and this connecting to the time Oro said the time you failed to kill me back then to Kakashi.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 27, 2014 2:27 PM

Dec 2012
Fiji said:

This episode also explained why Kakashi is scared of Orochimaru... remember the time when Kakashi sealed Sasuke's cursed seal... he was sweating buckets seeing Orochimaru... and this connecting to the time Oro said the time you failed to kill me back then to Kakashi.

That is true. I'm glad someone else noticed that.

When I re-watched the series, I wondered what Oro meant there. Kakashi was really scared, which is something he didn't express often.
Feb 27, 2014 2:47 PM

Feb 2012
Lol that stuff with smoke people was so stupid.

Real talk.
Feb 27, 2014 6:39 PM

Jul 2007
Ramkec said:
Lol that stuff with smoke people was so stupid.

Real talk.

I am guessing its part of Oro's experiments.

Feb 27, 2014 7:50 PM

Dec 2012
I barely understood this episode, and it was boring most of the time 3/5
Feb 27, 2014 9:24 PM

Aug 2012
Zapredon said:
Does this happen in the manga? Can't remember.

This arc is filler
Feb 27, 2014 9:53 PM

Aug 2009
This episode wasn't as good as the previous ones in this arc, but I still enjoyed it none the less. Like I said before I really enjoy backstory in Naruto and seeing character when they were younger and witnessing the past of the hidden leaf and finding out what actually went down. I love it. I mean the main story is great but this is good too :)

Feb 28, 2014 3:25 AM

Nov 2010
Interesting, Orochimaru's encounter with Kakashi was valuable to learn from
Kinoe Yamato wearing that headgear, since he was young too

I wonder if those people at their caves smokes their food
Feb 28, 2014 4:01 AM

Jan 2014
Orochimaru still maintains the best presence in the anime.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Feb 28, 2014 7:56 AM
Dec 2013
SO thats who Yamato really is...and whos that other test subject ???

Whens the part where we get to see young Naruto?! please
Feb 28, 2014 10:08 AM

May 2013
Meh episode at best, the flow of the episode felt off and I think that it's because they are rushing this filler arc. Sad because I wouldn't mind if this arc was 15 episodes or so.

2/5
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Feb 28, 2014 7:04 PM

Jun 2013
So can those smoke people not control when they turn into smoke? Otherwise they could just stay solid when they go outside could they not?
Feb 28, 2014 7:06 PM

Oct 2011
I always wondered about Kakashi and Orochimaru connection with each other. This arc explained it. Now for Kakashi and Yamato. Goodbye Yukimi T___T
Feb 28, 2014 8:17 PM

Jul 2013
tsudecimo said:
Fiji said:

When I re-watched the series, I wondered what Oro meant there. Kakashi was really scared, which is something he didn't express often.
In regards to that episode that Kakashi seals Sasuke's cursed seal (Naruto episode 40), I want to bring up a plothole. Orochimaru says "You've got something new, you didn't have that Sharingan last time we met". But in this episode Orochimaru looks directly at Kakashi's Sharingan and says that he's not interested in it. Why would Oro say that Kakashi didn't have the Sharingan last time they met when he blatantly did?
MinagatachiFeb 28, 2014 8:29 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 28, 2014 8:27 PM

Dec 2012
Minagatachi said:
tsudecimo said:
Fiji said:

In regards to that episode that Kakashi seals Sasuke's cursed seal (Naruto episode 40), I want to bring up a plothole. Orochimaru says "You've got something new, you didn't have that Sharingan last time we met". But in this episode Orochimaru looks directly at Kakashi's Sharingan and says that he's not interested in it. Why would Oro say that Kakashi didn't have the Sharingan last time they met when he blatantly did?

The subs in the episode I watched said ''You are lucky since you got what you wanted already. You didn't have that a long time ago''.

Either way, I guess the Studio fucked up.
Feb 28, 2014 8:29 PM

Jul 2013
tsudecimo said:
Minagatachi said:
tsudecimo said:
Fiji said:

The subs in the episode I watched said ''You are lucky since you got what you wanted already. You didn't have that a long time ago''.

Either way, I guess the Studio fucked up.

I just read the manga chapter that adapted Naruto episode 40. If the translations are correct Orochimaru never says anything like "You didn't have that last time we met". So it's probably just an anime fault.
http://i10.mangareader.net/naruto/69/naruto-1479.jpg
http://i14.mangareader.net/naruto/69/naruto-1480.jpg
Feb 28, 2014 8:41 PM

Dec 2012
Minagatachi said:

I just read the manga chapter that adapted Naruto episode 40. If the translations are correct Orochimaru never says anything like "You didn't have that last time we met". So it's probably just an anime fault.

I actually take back the 'studio fucked up' line.

The sub for that episode is the same as the manga translation. After what I quoted he goes on and say ''That...Sharingan in your left eye. I want the Uchiha blood''. I thought that Kakashi got surprised because Oro knows about his Sharingan but looks like he was surprised because he wants Sasuke. I guess it implies that Oro already saw it before and that he is telling Kakashi that the Sharingan didn't originally belong to him. But yeah Oro definitely didn't say that dub line.
Feb 28, 2014 8:42 PM

Jul 2013
tsudecimo said:
Minagatachi said:

I actually take back the 'studio fucked up' line.

The sub for that episode is the same as the manga translation. After what I quoted he goes on and say ''That...Sharingan in your left eye. I want the Uchiha blood''. I thought that Kakashi got surprised because Oro knows about his Sharingan but looks like he was surprised because he wants Sasuke. I guess it implies that Oro already saw it before and that he is telling Kakashi that the Sharingan didn't originally belong to him. But yeah Oro definitely didn't say that dub line.
Yeah, must have just been a bad translation when they were translating it for the dub.
Feb 28, 2014 10:13 PM

Apr 2011
ScazoN said:
Whens the part where we get to see young Naruto?! please

He's barely 2 years old and this arc is focused on Kakashi's ANBU past, so no Naruto.

J053PH said:
So can those smoke people not control when they turn into smoke? Otherwise they could just stay solid when they go outside could they not?

That is why Tenzo was taken by Orochimaru, or so those clan members thought. They have some control over it due to the cursed seal, but not completely.
Mar 1, 2014 9:26 AM

Oct 2009
So Yamato had brown hair when he was young?
Well this filler started out pretty nicely but now their just dragging it out..how long is this anyway, this gonna go on till Kakashi becomes an adult -_-?
Mar 1, 2014 12:07 PM

Apr 2011
SithNoKami said:
So Yamato had brown hair when he was young?
Well this filler started out pretty nicely but now their just dragging it out..how long is this anyway, this gonna go on till Kakashi becomes an adult -_-?

Next week's the final week for this arc. Since it's a double-episode, 2 more episodes left for this arc and then it's back to Obito/Madara vs Gai/Kakashi/Naruto/Bee.
Mar 1, 2014 9:22 PM

Jan 2014
Damn Yamato was a creepy looking kid O.o, just look at his poker face, just gold XD. I'm very disappointed with this weeks episode. I don't despise filler, I mean I liked the Nagao Filler we had a couple of weeks ago, but this is just unbearable and boring -_-, rlly hope we get this over with
Mar 2, 2014 11:47 AM

May 2013
That smoke transformation was pretty cool!
Mar 2, 2014 2:41 PM

May 2010
Awesome to see some of Yamato's childhood. I really hope that Kishi is somehow involved in making these series of fillers, so we see Yamato in the manga soon :(

Also, why did everybody assume that he IS a part of that clan? It was said that girl's brother was taken in by Orochimaru 3 years ago, and from what I remember, it was already stated that he's one of kids from Konoha which were kidnapped soon after they were born... At least I think so. Also being part of that clan would mean that he has some kind of kekkei genkai which also comes totally out of nowhere...

From what I understood it was showed that her real brother is dead already. Maybe I'm wrong, but other options only create more plot holes so...
Mar 2, 2014 4:05 PM

Sep 2011
I like how Yamato is getting all this attention with this filler arc. Yet Kishimoto seems to have completely forgotten the character, he's still stuck in that statue juicing up Hashirama clones.
Mar 2, 2014 4:05 PM
Oct 2013
I don´t get it, I just don´t get it, you see children in placenta capsules like Mewtwo in the Pokemon movie then one after another dies, but FUCK they look all the same. Is it supposted to mean the current Yamato is just a clone of that girls little brother who died.

It would explain why he doesn´t remember them while being her brother also Yamatos facial expression and the father said face.
If Kishi makes it to be true and the studio isn´t just trying to make it as cheap as possible this is probably the saddest story since Simbas father died.

Fuck those episodes blow my mind considering they are canon, just the clan seams BS to me and something he came up with cause he had too,
Mar 2, 2014 4:45 PM
Jul 2013
Well, the Mist clan would be better off having a suit so that their smoke won't disperse like that just like that mist guy on Hell Boy 2.
Mar 3, 2014 5:59 PM

Oct 2011
Hmm. I want to see some Anko in this arc. Gosh she's such an underrated character to me. Love her.
I also think this is a great filler arc.. like I'm watching Kakashi Shippuuden.

Mar 3, 2014 8:22 PM

Jan 2013
Interesting episode. The ability to turn into smoke is strange.
Mar 5, 2014 8:29 PM

Jul 2013
How long will it take for this to come back to the present time?... I've been skipping most of the parts for they are boring and most are annoying fillers.. I've read the manga maybe 10 chapters after Tobi's true identity was revealed.. come on.. I wanna see those in animation already
Mar 5, 2014 10:37 PM

Apr 2011
PrimeX said:
How long will it take for this to come back to the present time?... I've been skipping most of the parts for they are boring and most are annoying fillers.. I've read the manga maybe 10 chapters after Tobi's true identity was revealed.. come on.. I wanna see those in animation already

Today's double episodes are the final for this filler arc. After this, the studio plans for no more fillers for the year (likely to do with the manga ending this year).

EDIT: Correction, it's ending on the 20th.
yhunataMar 6, 2014 9:09 AM
Mar 6, 2014 12:07 PM

Oct 2013
Boring,but i"m going to watch it.

Mar 7, 2014 12:01 AM

Jul 2008
I think everyone is a little confused, Yamato is not Tenzo, his name was Kinoe. Also the Iburi clan....very good filler so far.
Mar 7, 2014 12:16 AM
Dec 2011
this was awesome... kakashi was saved by lord third... ok i was freaked out and scared just like kakashi was when orochimaru came close ...wow ... that was something!! orochimarus physical ability was great that's something we didnt got to see lot (but have see some) until this episode ...so kinoe...aka yamato sensei was tenzo ?? or was he well we will get a clear picture next episode :3

i love episodes that have kakashi and orochimaru//// you know it will be great :3
Mar 15, 2014 8:27 AM

Mar 2010
Those dogs haven't changed a bit.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 9, 2014 6:17 AM
Mar 2013
I already knew Hiruzen lets Orochimaru go but it ticked me off that it happened anyway. Interestingly, we got to see a brief clash with Kakashi and our favorite snake charmer.

The ending confrontation reminded me a bit of Sasuke with how he was paralyzed in fear by Orochimaru's eyes.
Apr 12, 2014 4:23 AM

Jun 2008
Isterio said:
I don´t get it, I just don´t get it, you see children in placenta capsules like Mewtwo in the Pokemon movie then one after another dies, but FUCK they look all the same. Is it supposted to mean the current Yamato is just a clone of that girls little brother who died.

Actually they are all clones of the first Hogake. Which makes you wonder why they don't look like him.
Apr 19, 2014 9:09 AM

Jun 2011
I wonder why didn't Orochimaru kill Kakashi, he was fully capable of that, and it doesn't take much time anyway. So Kakashi was afraid of injured Orochimaru, for whatever reason? Lol. Why couldn't those ninja follow Orochimaru's blood trail? He's still bleeding, right?

Smoke logia, cool. The thing with the girl felt kind of meh too, feels like a deja vu.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 29, 2014 5:54 PM

Jan 2012
kodomoton eavesdropping no jutsu!
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Apr 30, 2014 5:41 AM

Jun 2011
I doubt Yamato is Tenzo, but what bothers me is why "Tenzo" (the kid they keep showing) looks so young?
Dec 20, 2014 5:47 AM
May 2012
Poor clan :/ They can't go outside and see the world.........and they freakin' think that Orochimaru is a nice person.
Yamato has a stone cold face ahahaha.
Jul 29, 2015 4:27 AM

Apr 2009
Why was there a paper bomb in Orochimaru's snake? Why did Kakashi freeze up when Orochimaru got up and just left when he was injured? Don't tell me he's petrified just because Orochimaru's eyes, because that's not a dojutsu, that's haki! LOL

Yamato was Tenzo before? It might have been mentioned before way back then but I might have forgotten already, oh well... Or maybe that was the other blonde kid who was inside the glass?
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jul 3, 2016 9:25 PM

Mar 2013
the clan yamato found is lame asf with the lamest jutsu.. they cant be around wind for fucksake HAHAHAHA
Sep 20, 2016 2:29 AM

Sep 2014
And Orochimaru escaped and some smoke characters where introduced along with Tenzo aka yamato
Apr 9, 2017 7:02 PM

May 2013
Eh.... the smoke clan seems like filler... but at least we know where Yamato potentially came from? It'd be cool if he had smoke jutsus too but idk. Doesn't seem that helpful lol
Jan 8, 2018 10:32 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Those people were smoke!!! Very fantasies!!!
Sep 5, 2019 4:46 AM

Mar 2015
Wow now backstory into Yamato!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Mar 22, 2020 11:21 AM

Aug 2015
Good to see more about Yamato.
Oct 31, 2020 5:08 PM

Jan 2020
Tenzo development and kakashi's about to be involved les go
Mar 24, 2021 6:12 AM

Dec 2007
little slow pace than previous episodes, but still interesting.

orichimaru helped that clan? that's unusual for orichimru we know...
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 133 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Ssjbryando - Oct 29, 2009

191 by shoelaze »»
Yesterday, 3:39 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 346 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 23, 2014

58 by Lukas_AAW »»
Apr 23, 12:39 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 343 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Griffith - Dec 19, 2013

152 by Lukas_AAW »»
Apr 22, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 500 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2017

435 by Mabexix »»
Apr 22, 7:45 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 339 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

loveyuri - Nov 21, 2013

162 by Lukas_AAW »»
Apr 21, 11:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.