Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 27, 2014 3:29 AM

Sep 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So kinoe's real name was tenzo I thought it was some kind of code. Anbu's really have bad pasts... Kakashi got owned!!! What I would give to see what happened to naruto when he was little!...

Anyway nice episode!
Kazi9Feb 27, 2014 3:34 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 27, 2014 3:34 AM

Feb 2014
So glad we got to see Pakkun again, wouldn't be an ANBU special without Kakashi's ninken. I'm worried now that Kakashi now will come in and start attacking all the villagers, hope not.
Feb 27, 2014 3:52 AM

Jul 2007
This is outrageous, every time i see one of these episodes, i keep thinking how the hell can this be filler?

I mean we get development behind orichimaru's escape and how danzo was involved with yamato and also next episode how orichimaru experimented on him or tenzo as he was called when he was in the ambu unit. This is leading to something amazing and just refuse to think this is not detached from the story. Kishimoto absolutely has some involvement in this, the studio would not come up with something like this. I hope this filler never ends, this is awesome stuff, probably material that kishimoto could not fit in the story but wanted to include in some way.

Not to give any spoilers but if people have been following current events in the manga, this story could possibly shed some light and maybe feel in some unresolved information that might lead to something big in the manga in its current chapters.

This is with out a doubt the best damn filler ive ever seen. Kind of feel sorry for people that are actually skipping this.
ArtimesGamerFeb 27, 2014 3:56 AM

Feb 27, 2014 3:52 AM

Jul 2013
Pakkun da ninja dog!
Kakashi got owned there. Orochimaru liking the look in his eyes but doesn't need a "fake"

He'll probably end up attacking the villagers.... ;-;
Feb 27, 2014 4:09 AM

Sep 2013
link9us said:
This is outrageous, every time i see one of these episodes, i keep thinking how the hell can this be filler?

I mean we get development behind orichimaru's escape and how danzo was involved with yamato and also next episode how orichimaru experimented on him or tenzo as he was called when he was in the ambu unit. This is leading to something amazing and just refuse to think this is not detached from the story. Kishimoto absolutely has some involvement in this, the studio would not come up with something like this. I hope this filler never ends, this is awesome stuff, probably material that kishimoto could not fit in the story but wanted to include in some way.

Not to give any spoilers but if people have been following current events in the manga, this story could possibly shed some light and maybe feel in some unresolved information that might lead to something big in the manga in its current chapters.

This is with out a doubt the best damn filler ive ever seen. Kind of feel sorry for people that are actually skipping this.

Exactly what I thought too definitely kishi's work!!! This one of the best few fillers out there!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 27, 2014 4:16 AM

Jul 2007
This might even be where he reveals kakashi's face. Hopefully sometime down the line, after the manga conclusion, he might even decide to write and draw this in manga form as like a spin off of some sorts adapted from the series.

It is kind of a shame he rushed things a bit to much in the manga and was not able to include all of these details, but im glad he was able to at least in the anime.

Feb 27, 2014 4:24 AM

Jul 2013
Wasn't as good as the other episodes of the arc, but still nice. What the hell was up with that smoke kekkei genkai though. Did Yamato have the smoke kekkei genkai before he got abducted by Orochimaru or what?

Oh that poor clan, they have no idea what type of person Oro is. They're going to get royally screwed over.
MinagatachiFeb 27, 2014 4:31 AM
Feb 27, 2014 4:43 AM

Aug 2008
Does this happen in the manga? Can't remember.

But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Feb 27, 2014 5:44 AM

Sep 2008
Yeah. I gave this arc a try. On hold until canon starts again.
Feb 27, 2014 5:54 AM

Nov 2011
So this is how Kakashi met Orochimaru. Heh, I kinda figured it wouldn't be pretty.
Feb 27, 2014 8:01 AM

Nov 2011
Kakashi also have hard time with Oro on their first meeting just like Team 7. The guy make you shat brick just by looking at you.

You know, If Hiruzen isn't so soft and just give the order the kill Oro, many problems can be avoided. Its the reason he died anyway.

Poor those Smoke clan. They have no idea what kind of freak Oro is.

I guess Yamato will soon quit working with Danzo after meeting that girl.

Feb 27, 2014 8:07 AM

Apr 2011
Was it just me or was the animation in this episode kinda off? And bloody hell, way to create a cliffhanger only to spoil it in the preview.

Other than those little perks, this was a decent episode.... not a great week of Naruto, imo. The manga chapter wasn't that great and the anime failed to live up to it's recent heights as well. Well, this was some nice development for Tenzo/Yamato, I wonder how Kakashi manages to turn him good (inb4 Talk-no-Jutsu jokes). Overall, 2.5/5 is good enough, I'd say.

@link9us: I'd say it is pretty damn obvious that Kishi was involved in this, even from the very beginning. It's either that or it's the same guys that wrote the script for the Guren arc and the Sora arc, though this arc's a tad bit better than those two arcs.
Feb 27, 2014 9:29 AM
Jan 2014
Started out great with the Kakashi vs Orochimaru stare down and then quickly fell into filler territory with Yamato going to this smoke peoples villages and hanging out ith a girl that might be his sister. The second half who cares about. I though Orochimaru was gonna kidnap Yamato and that girl from Konoha and Kakashi was going to go after him. This is gonna take episodes to resolve now.
Feb 27, 2014 9:31 AM
Jan 2014
Zapredon said:

It's filler.
Feb 27, 2014 9:34 AM
Feb 2014
I hope they release the next episode sooner. This new episode was somewhat disappointing in my opinion, but it is exciting to see if the shade in the end of the episode was really Orochimaro or Kakashi.
Feb 27, 2014 9:47 AM

May 2013
Nice ep.
Feb 27, 2014 11:16 AM

Apr 2012
The last 10 minutes were really boring.
Feb 27, 2014 11:25 AM

Jun 2009
So supposedly, Yamato.. err.. Tenzo is from Iburi clan?! So his name would be Tenzo Iburi. And remnants of the Iburi clan were also among first receiver of the Orochimaru's Curse mark prototype 2. Interesting...

Too bad Orochimaru's screen time wasn't as awesome I had hooped.. may be nxt week..

On a different note, this time we get see that a whole clan has fallen into Orochimaru's deception.
ShojoSamuraiFeb 27, 2014 11:31 AM

Are you the bloody applause monkey? Keep your sh*t comments to yourself or go troll on 4chan.
Feb 27, 2014 1:09 PM

Feb 2014
Really enjoying this arc. I am sure learning a lot about Kakashi's past and other watching the episodes. ( I did skip quite a lot of episodes)
Feb 27, 2014 1:13 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
I see now why Kakashi always have had a hard time facing Orochimaru. Those eyes were enough to keep him stunned. Orochimaru is such a boss!

Yamato's becomes Tenzo? That sister was kinda annoying..

Iburi clan must have it tough. They're not up for facing Orochimaru.

Next episode: "Orochimaru's Test Subject".

Feb 27, 2014 2:19 PM

Dec 2011
Can't believe Kinoe [Yamato (Tenzo)] became the main character this episode. Looks like this will go on for more episodes.

This episode also explained why Kakashi is scared of Orochimaru... remember the time when Kakashi sealed Sasuke's cursed seal... he was sweating buckets seeing Orochimaru... and this connecting to the time Oro said the time you failed to kill me back then to Kakashi.
Feb 27, 2014 2:27 PM

Dec 2012
Fiji said:

This episode also explained why Kakashi is scared of Orochimaru... remember the time when Kakashi sealed Sasuke's cursed seal... he was sweating buckets seeing Orochimaru... and this connecting to the time Oro said the time you failed to kill me back then to Kakashi.

That is true. I'm glad someone else noticed that.

When I re-watched the series, I wondered what Oro meant there. Kakashi was really scared, which is something he didn't express often.
Feb 27, 2014 2:47 PM

Feb 2012
Lol that stuff with smoke people was so stupid.

Real talk.
Feb 27, 2014 6:39 PM

Jul 2007
Ramkec said:
Lol that stuff with smoke people was so stupid.

Real talk.

I am guessing its part of Oro's experiments.

Feb 27, 2014 7:50 PM

Dec 2012
I barely understood this episode, and it was boring most of the time 3/5
Feb 27, 2014 9:24 PM

Aug 2012
Zapredon said:

This arc is filler
Feb 27, 2014 9:53 PM

Aug 2009
This episode wasn't as good as the previous ones in this arc, but I still enjoyed it none the less. Like I said before I really enjoy backstory in Naruto and seeing character when they were younger and witnessing the past of the hidden leaf and finding out what actually went down. I love it. I mean the main story is great but this is good too :)

Feb 28, 2014 3:25 AM

Nov 2010
Interesting, Orochimaru's encounter with Kakashi was valuable to learn from
Kinoe Yamato wearing that headgear, since he was young too

I wonder if those people at their caves smokes their food
Feb 28, 2014 4:01 AM

Jan 2014
Orochimaru still maintains the best presence in the anime.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Feb 28, 2014 7:56 AM
Dec 2013
SO thats who Yamato really is...and whos that other test subject ???

Whens the part where we get to see young Naruto?! please
Feb 28, 2014 10:08 AM

May 2013
Meh episode at best, the flow of the episode felt off and I think that it's because they are rushing this filler arc. Sad because I wouldn't mind if this arc was 15 episodes or so.

2/5
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Feb 28, 2014 7:04 PM

Jun 2013
So can those smoke people not control when they turn into smoke? Otherwise they could just stay solid when they go outside could they not?
Feb 28, 2014 7:06 PM

Oct 2011
I always wondered about Kakashi and Orochimaru connection with each other. This arc explained it. Now for Kakashi and Yamato. Goodbye Yukimi T___T
Feb 28, 2014 8:17 PM

Jul 2013
tsudecimo said:
Fiji said:

When I re-watched the series, I wondered what Oro meant there. Kakashi was really scared, which is something he didn't express often.
In regards to that episode that Kakashi seals Sasuke's cursed seal (Naruto episode 40), I want to bring up a plothole. Orochimaru says "You've got something new, you didn't have that Sharingan last time we met". But in this episode Orochimaru looks directly at Kakashi's Sharingan and says that he's not interested in it. Why would Oro say that Kakashi didn't have the Sharingan last time they met when he blatantly did?
MinagatachiFeb 28, 2014 8:29 PM
Feb 28, 2014 8:27 PM

Dec 2012
Minagatachi said:
tsudecimo said:
Fiji said:

In regards to that episode that Kakashi seals Sasuke's cursed seal (Naruto episode 40), I want to bring up a plothole. Orochimaru says "You've got something new, you didn't have that Sharingan last time we met". But in this episode Orochimaru looks directly at Kakashi's Sharingan and says that he's not interested in it. Why would Oro say that Kakashi didn't have the Sharingan last time they met when he blatantly did?

The subs in the episode I watched said ''You are lucky since you got what you wanted already. You didn't have that a long time ago''.

Either way, I guess the Studio fucked up.
Feb 28, 2014 8:29 PM

Jul 2013
tsudecimo said:
Minagatachi said:
tsudecimo said:
Fiji said:

The subs in the episode I watched said ''You are lucky since you got what you wanted already. You didn't have that a long time ago''.

Either way, I guess the Studio fucked up.

I just read the manga chapter that adapted Naruto episode 40. If the translations are correct Orochimaru never says anything like "You didn't have that last time we met". So it's probably just an anime fault.
http://i10.mangareader.net/naruto/69/naruto-1479.jpg
http://i14.mangareader.net/naruto/69/naruto-1480.jpg
Feb 28, 2014 8:41 PM

Dec 2012
Minagatachi said:

I just read the manga chapter that adapted Naruto episode 40. If the translations are correct Orochimaru never says anything like "You didn't have that last time we met". So it's probably just an anime fault.

I actually take back the 'studio fucked up' line.

The sub for that episode is the same as the manga translation. After what I quoted he goes on and say ''That...Sharingan in your left eye. I want the Uchiha blood''. I thought that Kakashi got surprised because Oro knows about his Sharingan but looks like he was surprised because he wants Sasuke. I guess it implies that Oro already saw it before and that he is telling Kakashi that the Sharingan didn't originally belong to him. But yeah Oro definitely didn't say that dub line.
Feb 28, 2014 8:42 PM

Jul 2013
tsudecimo said:
Minagatachi said:

I actually take back the 'studio fucked up' line.

The sub for that episode is the same as the manga translation. After what I quoted he goes on and say ''That...Sharingan in your left eye. I want the Uchiha blood''. I thought that Kakashi got surprised because Oro knows about his Sharingan but looks like he was surprised because he wants Sasuke. I guess it implies that Oro already saw it before and that he is telling Kakashi that the Sharingan didn't originally belong to him. But yeah Oro definitely didn't say that dub line.
Yeah, must have just been a bad translation when they were translating it for the dub.
Feb 28, 2014 10:13 PM

Apr 2011
ScazoN said:
Whens the part where we get to see young Naruto?! please

He's barely 2 years old and this arc is focused on Kakashi's ANBU past, so no Naruto.

J053PH said:
So can those smoke people not control when they turn into smoke? Otherwise they could just stay solid when they go outside could they not?

That is why Tenzo was taken by Orochimaru, or so those clan members thought. They have some control over it due to the cursed seal, but not completely.
Mar 1, 2014 9:26 AM

Oct 2009
So Yamato had brown hair when he was young?
Well this filler started out pretty nicely but now their just dragging it out..how long is this anyway, this gonna go on till Kakashi becomes an adult -_-?
Mar 1, 2014 12:07 PM

Apr 2011
SithNoKami said:
So Yamato had brown hair when he was young?
Well this filler started out pretty nicely but now their just dragging it out..how long is this anyway, this gonna go on till Kakashi becomes an adult -_-?

Next week's the final week for this arc. Since it's a double-episode, 2 more episodes left for this arc and then it's back to Obito/Madara vs Gai/Kakashi/Naruto/Bee.
Mar 1, 2014 9:22 PM

Jan 2014
Damn Yamato was a creepy looking kid O.o, just look at his poker face, just gold XD. I'm very disappointed with this weeks episode. I don't despise filler, I mean I liked the Nagao Filler we had a couple of weeks ago, but this is just unbearable and boring -_-, rlly hope we get this over with
Mar 2, 2014 11:47 AM

May 2013
That smoke transformation was pretty cool!
Mar 2, 2014 2:41 PM

May 2010
Awesome to see some of Yamato's childhood. I really hope that Kishi is somehow involved in making these series of fillers, so we see Yamato in the manga soon :(

Also, why did everybody assume that he IS a part of that clan? It was said that girl's brother was taken in by Orochimaru 3 years ago, and from what I remember, it was already stated that he's one of kids from Konoha which were kidnapped soon after they were born... At least I think so. Also being part of that clan would mean that he has some kind of kekkei genkai which also comes totally out of nowhere...

From what I understood it was showed that her real brother is dead already. Maybe I'm wrong, but other options only create more plot holes so...
Mar 2, 2014 4:05 PM

Sep 2011
I like how Yamato is getting all this attention with this filler arc. Yet Kishimoto seems to have completely forgotten the character, he's still stuck in that statue juicing up Hashirama clones.
Mar 2, 2014 4:05 PM
Oct 2013
I don´t get it, I just don´t get it, you see children in placenta capsules like Mewtwo in the Pokemon movie then one after another dies, but FUCK they look all the same. Is it supposted to mean the current Yamato is just a clone of that girls little brother who died.

It would explain why he doesn´t remember them while being her brother also Yamatos facial expression and the father said face.
If Kishi makes it to be true and the studio isn´t just trying to make it as cheap as possible this is probably the saddest story since Simbas father died.

Fuck those episodes blow my mind considering they are canon, just the clan seams BS to me and something he came up with cause he had too,
Mar 2, 2014 4:45 PM
Jul 2013
Well, the Mist clan would be better off having a suit so that their smoke won't disperse like that just like that mist guy on Hell Boy 2.
Mar 3, 2014 5:59 PM

Oct 2011
Hmm. I want to see some Anko in this arc. Gosh she's such an underrated character to me. Love her.
I also think this is a great filler arc.. like I'm watching Kakashi Shippuuden.

Mar 3, 2014 8:22 PM

Jan 2013
Interesting episode. The ability to turn into smoke is strange.
Mar 5, 2014 8:29 PM

Jul 2013
How long will it take for this to come back to the present time?... I've been skipping most of the parts for they are boring and most are annoying fillers.. I've read the manga maybe 10 chapters after Tobi's true identity was revealed.. come on.. I wanna see those in animation already
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 133 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Ssjbryando - Oct 29, 2009

191 by shoelaze »»
Yesterday, 3:39 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 346 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 23, 2014

58 by Lukas_AAW »»
Apr 23, 12:39 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 343 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Griffith - Dec 19, 2013

152 by Lukas_AAW »»
Apr 22, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 500 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2017

435 by Mabexix »»
Apr 22, 7:45 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 339 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

loveyuri - Nov 21, 2013

162 by Lukas_AAW »»
Apr 21, 11:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.