Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 3, 2009 6:16 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That high level priest = spy.

Labrador vs. Kuroyuri & Haruse (especially Labroador vs. Haruse)

Mikhail vs Teito

Frau is out and killed that spy!

The spy actually had a heart of a priest.

Castor "met" Ayanami through Kuroyuri.
tsubasaloverAug 3, 2009 6:35 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 4, 2009 6:31 AM

Feb 2009
Frau killed his mentor =_=
i'm still confused about Kuroyuri, girl or guy?

and it might be weird but i think Ayaname is sort of hot :X those eyes of his are very very striking 8D
Aug 4, 2009 9:45 AM

Nov 2007
setsunarensa said:
Frau killed his mentor =_=

and it might be weird but i think Ayaname is sort of hot :X those eyes of his are very very striking 8D

Kuroyuri might be a boy... (well, that is what I assumed since he calls himself boku:
" Boku" which is a submissive form of "I" used by both younger boys and tomboyish girls in Japan. -Wiki (a recent edit from Wiki)

And yes... Ayanami is hot. =P You should join here.

Aug 4, 2009 2:40 PM

Nov 2008
This was a better episode - we got all three ghosts in action, as well as Michael. Teito should sit back and just let Michael "do the driving"! <g>
Aug 4, 2009 8:09 PM

Jan 2009
The episode was good. We got to see Frau kill Bastien, Labrador fight (briefly) and Castor meet Ayanami.

The only thing was, I thought the Teito vs Bastien battle to be better. I really liked Castor fighting though. Looking forward to next episode.
Aug 4, 2009 8:14 PM

Aug 2008
I would like to see Labrador and Castor in a real fight in their Ghost forms, Feist and ???, but sadly, it didn't happen this week even though we're more than halfway through with the series.

I'm really disappointed at how utterly average this whole show seems to be. I can't think of any stand-out moments off the top of my head that got carried through towards some development. I mean, I had totally forgot about Mikhail before this episode. Everything is just so underused and instead we get a lot of useless fluff.
Aug 4, 2009 9:51 PM

Sep 2008
I really don't like the pace of the anime, its really slow and they prolong a lot of scenes with babbling.
I guess this season will end with the

Don't know if this anime is already been set to have a 2nd season
Aug 4, 2009 9:51 PM
May 2008
A rather cliche and highly expected conclusion to the Bastian arc but not too bad.

I agree with noteDhero about the mediocrity of this series and how poorly executed many scenes are. As well as the many underused plot devices such as the Eye of Mikhail.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Aug 4, 2009 9:53 PM

Sep 2008
I also agree with you guys, there was too much talking and less action. This anime coulda been better
Aug 4, 2009 9:59 PM
Jul 2009
I don't even mind the fluff taking priority over action, but fuck the pacing is downright terrible.

This episode was good, though.. At least they're moving the fuck on. I really wanted this anime to be better then what it has been, sigh.
Aug 4, 2009 10:31 PM

Jul 2008
so saying holy scriptures backwards has the opposite effect?!
anyways why would that pink haired person go down to the cell? when frau turns into zehel does that mean he leaves his body vulnerable? and thankfully for teito he has the eye of mikhail to protect him
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Aug 4, 2009 11:13 PM

Feb 2009
I think that Kuroyuri is a boy. In fact, from what I remember, I didn't see a single girl in the entire academy. Did anyone else? Or am I simply forgetting the first few episodes? So if they're all guys, I doubt that Kuroyuri is a girl.

Hmm...I like it when Castor is serious, there's a certain appeal to it. And the eye of Mikhail is still much more interesting than Teito even though Teito is the master.

Also...didn't they say that the collar around his neck will explode if he doesn't meet with Frau in two days? Did all of this happen the day after Teito visited underwater then?

Confused.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing the fights in the next episode but we're already on episode 18. Like NoteD mentioned a while ago, they probably won't be leaving the church grounds at all...even though Teito has the ongoing wish of traveling to "learn" more. -Sigh-

Second season or it will be left up to the manga to deliver the ending, which will come who knows when. Manga are unpredictable like that.
Aug 4, 2009 11:17 PM

Aug 2008
Come now, is this even a question? Women live only to serve. They're either thoughtless nuns who cook and clean, or a mute mermaid that plays the organ. Women don't join the cloth or the military because they're incapable of having the strength needed to protect others. They can't even be strong parental figures.

Scoff.
Aug 5, 2009 2:05 AM

Jul 2008
setsunarensa said:
but i think Ayaname is sort of hot :X

Well, yeah. :D

R1seAgainst said:
I really don't like the pace of the anime, its really slow and they prolong a lot of scenes with babbling.
I guess this season will end with the

Don't know if this anime is already been set to have a 2nd season

This, probably, I was hoping we'd get past that. I think it's been going much too slowly, especially with those unnecessary fillers we had 10 episodes ago, those "Kor of the Week" ones. If they are going to go ahead and fund for a S2, then I guess they just wanted more material for that.
Otherwise I think they should at least work in

Anyway, this episode was okay, mostly 'cause of Michael and Castor shenanigans.
Aug 5, 2009 2:12 AM

May 2008
woots Castor looks cool in this episode, still missing Mikage :(

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Aug 5, 2009 5:49 AM

Jan 2009
hmm.. just a few words now then..
Mikhail is cool, and Teito is too wussy.
Frau's is always cool, no matter how you put it : D
hoo boy that's all I guess

Oh and I noticed something further up..
setsunarensa said:

Yeah, me too, at first I though it's a girl.. but giving it some thought, "she" must really be a he O.o (also, stating the obvious for any guy, he's got nothing on his chest, so he must obviously be a he xD)
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Aug 5, 2009 7:49 AM
Jun 2008
yea kuroyuri is a guy. (lots of yaoi going on in this show)

and the pacing is still really bad, i started reading the manga last week, and it is much better, a lot of fillers was put into this show, which is sad..cause it really is a good and complex story, at this rate, it won't even get to Teito Leaving the church finally or getting his memories.
Aug 5, 2009 8:52 AM

Jul 2008
So the guy dies in Frau's hands now what?
We didnt really see Castor fight but he sure played an important role
Aug 5, 2009 9:05 AM

Nov 2007
Woah @ the ending there.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Aug 5, 2009 9:31 AM

May 2008
Aww. The part where Frau killed his mentor was sort of sad. Great ep though. I still hate Ayanami :/ With a passion.

Aug 5, 2009 4:32 PM

Apr 2009
I love Kuroyuri.
Labrador.. what did he do to Haruse?
Frau killed Bastian.. touching scene.

This show is great.
Aug 5, 2009 6:02 PM

Jun 2009
this was an episode i really liked you got to see a bit of the three ghosts in action and then the eye do some stuff to sweet
"ThErE ArE TwO SOrTs Of PeOpLe
ThOsE wHo DiE, aNd ThOsE wHo SuRvIvE" Ikaku Madarame
Aug 5, 2009 6:43 PM

Dec 2008
The ending was cool, only so they can f*ck up another episode next week.
90% uninteresting and lame, 10% very awesome.
Aug 6, 2009 12:55 AM

May 2007
The episode was good.
It was a very touching part, when Frau killed Bastian. *sob*
Hmm. Castor meeting Ayanami scene was great. I want to see more! Now!

And I loved that scene in "next ep preview", where Hakuren is sitting near Teito, and on the very right, you can see a coffin. Oh, Frau. XD
Aug 6, 2009 5:09 AM

Apr 2008
man .. that was kinda awesome xD
cant wait to see the next episode

Aug 6, 2009 7:53 AM

Aug 2007
Castor was awesome this episode. Even Labrador actually did something. I still don't like him, though. Lame flower character. I'm just wondering how they'll wrap this season up.
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Aug 6, 2009 4:37 PM

May 2009
I can't help but think this anime would be 10 times better if it was shounen. Other than that I liked the episode and Castor looked very bad ass.
-=Dear gravity don't let me go, hold me like the winter holds the cold=-
Aug 6, 2009 6:57 PM

Feb 2009
Castor ftw!! It's too bad they had to end the episode right when it was really going to pick up some action xP

LostArticulation said:

Hmm...I like it when Castor is serious, there's a certain appeal to it.

100% agree. ^.^

----
The part where Frau had to confront and kill Bastien was quite touching...I felt so sad for Frau!
Aug 6, 2009 9:31 PM

Jun 2008
So... I'm a big fangirl of thie series, the manga in particular.

This is the first time I can really, really complain about the pacing. We haven't even finished the Nightmare Arc, and it's already almost 20 episodes in. I don't have really anything else to say, other than to convey my disappointment with the series.

Best part of this episode: Castor, and his 2 minutes at the end. I want more Fest action. And Lab. And Hakuren. Yeah.

Rule of Anime #18 - Law of Hemoglobin Capacity
The human body contains over 12 gallons of blood, sometimes more, under high pressure.
Aug 6, 2009 10:23 PM

Feb 2009
noteDhero said:
Come now, is this even a question? Women live only to serve. They're either thoughtless nuns who cook and clean, or a mute mermaid that plays the organ. Women don't join the cloth or the military because they're incapable of having the strength needed to protect others. They can't even be strong parental figures.

Scoff.

Ouuuuuch. Though I must admit, that was a very nice call.

And for those of us (me included) who weren't immediately noticing these details, that's just how accustomed we are to the subject. -Sigh-
Aug 6, 2009 10:35 PM

Apr 2009
Hmm... bit confused by the ending, but suppose I'll know by next ep :)
Aug 7, 2009 12:01 AM

Aug 2008
LostArticulation said:

And for those of us (me included) who weren't immediately noticing these details, that's just how accustomed we are to the subject. -Sigh-

Oh, a lack of balance between the sexes is one of the red flags for crap detection to me. If it's unbalanced either way, I start to pay good attention to what's going on because it normally means pandering which leads to fanservice. It's not always the case, but I think it's about 70-30.
Aug 7, 2009 12:52 AM

Feb 2009
AceSoldia said:
yea kuroyuri is a guy. (lots of yaoi going on in this show)

this show is just asking to be slashed, no? teito blushing and all :X

and idk about getting a new season. but it'll be weird if they end the anime coz the manga's still ongoing :X

i wanna see Castor and Labrador's ghost form. I'm confused though (i'm always confused =_= ) Is it FEST or FEIST? Coz they obviously say it as "fest" and i'd pronounce FEIST as "faayst" or smth :X

Frau killing Bastien was very very touching (forgot to point it out on my previous post. i fail) it reminded me of Mikage dying... And Frau saying he won't mind dying by Teito's hands.
katzenjammerAug 7, 2009 12:58 AM
Aug 7, 2009 2:39 AM
Feb 2009
noteDhero said:

Scoff.

THIS. This show is just... too sexist. And the fact that it's written by a female mangaka and the fangirls fail to realize they are watching a very sexist show just amazes me.

Avrsn said:
I can't help but think this anime would be 10 times better if it was shounen.

Agreed. Then... No, I don't wanna imagine how good it would be.

Anyway, it was a better ep. And I wanna see Castor and Labrador in ghost form as well :)

Fest vs. Feist: I vote for Fest. If his name is really Feist... Fail!German on high ^^ or a very weird naming sense XD (note: 'fest' as an adjective means tough/solid and 'feist' means plump)
asd987Aug 7, 2009 2:43 AM
Aug 7, 2009 3:26 AM

Jan 2009
setsunarensa said:
Frau killing Bastien was very very touching (forgot to point it out on my previous post. i fail) it reminded me of Mikage dying... And Frau saying he won't mind dying by Teito's hands.

Oh crap ..! I'd almost managed to forget that guy Mikage >.<
He's just such a bother imo xD.
Nothing more to add at the moment
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Aug 8, 2009 10:13 AM

Oct 2007
Awesome and yet sad episode.
The moment bwtween Bastian and Faru very touching and very sad.
R.I.P Bastian D;.
Castor and Labrador in action is just pure awesome. But still NEED more Labrador action.
LostArticulation said:

Hmm...I like it when Castor is serious, there's a certain appeal to it. And the eye of Mikhail is still much more interesting than Teito even though Teito is the master.

Also...didn't they say that the collar around his neck will explode if he doesn't meet with Frau in two days? Did all of this happen the day after Teito visited underwater then?
Confused.
Anyway, looking forward to seeing the fights in the next episode but we're already on episode 18. Like NoteD mentioned a while ago, they probably won't be leaving the church grounds at all...even though Teito has the ongoing wish of traveling to "learn" more. -Sigh-

Second season or it will be left up to the manga to deliver the ending, which will come who knows when. Manga are unpredictable like that.
> :3 agreed
> I have no idea , but i need to read that chap this monday to catch with anime.
But I think Studio DEEN is try to finishi the arc. Since its getting close to episode 25.
>Better be Labrador action. That will suck bad that no S2 and this show only take place with in the church grounds.
>Now I wonder how will it end. hmm

: bit of space.
KuroTsuki14Aug 8, 2009 11:05 AM
@ MAL Claim an Anime Character v.2
Aug 8, 2009 7:03 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
noteDhero said:
LostArticulation said:

Oh, a lack of balance between the sexes is one of the red flags for crap detection to me. If it's unbalanced either way, I start to pay good attention to what's going on because it normally means pandering which leads to fanservice. It's not always the case, but I think it's about 70-30.

omg, that's exactly what I was think about this series so far... But remember, this series focuses on bishounens, so expect 99% of the characters (even side characters) that appear to be male.... But really, you don't watch this for the sexist conceptualized setting, but for the bishounens (what this series is about) and the fangirls don't seem to care about the details anyway....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Aug 8, 2009 7:11 PM

Aug 2008
Actually, I had no idea this would be a bishounen show until about halfway through the first episode. Then I was confirmed with the subsequent 2 episodes.

But yeah, have one big guy holding a blushing, smaller guy in his arms, and fangirls start to melt, regardless of what's going on.
Aug 8, 2009 10:14 PM

Apr 2009
Pretty good episode marred by a few things that disappointed me. I wanted to see Mikhail go nuts of course, and I was looking forward to a fight between Bastien and Frau. That that didn't happen isn't necessarily a bad thing, as the scenes between them and the flashback were quite touching and well done. But the "ZOMG!!1 Your powers have no effect on me, n00b!11"-ness of it was just retarded. Oh well, to make up for it Castor vs Kuroyuri was amusing, seeing Castor play with his prey. Can't wait for the next episode, does Castor plan on somehow taking a shot at Ayanami?
Aug 9, 2009 6:07 AM
Jul 2009
That frau vs. Bastien scene really is touching,,

Labrador was so moe when he surounded by the flower,, *nosebleed

There he is, castor-san yandere modo,, o.0

And ayanami still captivated me in this epi,, *kya~n
I think they should make the 2nd season, cuz even though it's already 18'th epi, teito hasn't yet to finished his bishop exam,, or maybe when he finished it the anime will end with a different story from the manga?? 0.o
I hope not,, it's better for them to make a 2nd season,,
Aug 9, 2009 7:43 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
noteDhero said:
Actually, I had no idea this would be a bishounen show until about halfway through the first episode. Then I was confirmed with the subsequent 2 episodes.

But yeah, have one big guy holding a blushing, smaller guy in his arms, and fangirls start to melt, regardless of what's going on.

Yeah, but most of the fangirls I know (which actually consists of like 90% of my friends, as strange as it sounds) are intelligent viewers that actually pointed out how the role of women in shounen-ai or yaoi series are reduced to furniture (if they even appear at all). So I would say at least a good part of the yaoi fangirl population (the older ones) are aware of this, but they are interested in the other parts of the series....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Aug 10, 2009 7:58 AM

Dec 2008
Wow, this episode is either a decent and interesting episode to some people, or a complete disaster to others.

I'm the latter.

That was a complete disaster - I don't think words can describe my "wtf-ness" reaction for this episode.

I am really clueless as to how Studio DEEN plans to end this series. Whatever it is, it is definitely not what I thought they were gonna do.

wakka9ca said:
omg, that's exactly what I was think about this series so far... But remember, this series focuses on bishounens, so expect 99% of the characters (even side characters) that appear to be male.... But really, you don't watch this for the sexist conceptualized setting, but for the bishounens (what this series is about) and the fangirls don't seem to care about the details anyway....

Err I watched this series for the story...and then after I read the manga, I wanted to continue watching it to see everything animated.

Studio DEEN is just really playing up on lovey dovey shounen- ai hints that never existed.
robbydesuAug 10, 2009 8:02 AM
Aug 10, 2009 12:23 PM

May 2008
I was so sad when Frau had to kill his mentor T___T

I can't wait 'til the next episode! Castor and Ayanami ;D

Music is from the soul~ ♥
Aug 10, 2009 12:24 PM

Jan 2009
Cookie-chan said:
I was so sad when Frau had to kill his mentor T___T

That Bastian guy was just an eye-sore, so nothing bad with him at last getting killed : 3
Aug 16, 2009 4:00 PM

Jul 2008
At least this show is getting better. I was getting tired of "Daily Days at Church." So it's nice to see the plot moving.
Aug 17, 2009 12:07 AM

Jan 2009
shuffleair said:
So it's nice to see the plot moving.

Although they ain't got much time left now, huh.. Well, it'll be interesting to see how they wrap it up.. right now it kinda feels like they'll make a half-hearted ending, making people.. disappointed, to say the least. But we'll see.
Nov 7, 2009 4:12 AM

Apr 2009
Stupid Messiah Teitoboy xP In situations like these, you sit back and let your superpowered evil side do all the work instead of further endangering yourself and everybody else.
I'm getting such strong BL vibes from Bastien/Frau x__X
Badass Labrador is badass.
Still, the best part of the episode (...and probably the whole anime for me) was Castor.
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Dec 28, 2009 2:04 AM

Oct 2008
It was so sad seeing Frau kills his mentor. ;___;

But.. why can't I get over how goodlooking Ayanami is when he has that evil look? D:
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jul 28, 2010 5:11 PM

Apr 2010
Cenedess said:
Stupid Messiah Teitoboy xP In situations like these, you sit back and let your superpowered evil side do all the work instead of further endangering yourself and everybody else.
I'm getting such strong BL vibes from Bastien/Frau x__X
Badass Labrador is badass.
Still, the best part of the episode was Castor.

Ah well, I have to agree with this.
I keep wondering if I was the only one who shed few tears when Frau killed Bastien? You know he's like his father after all it must have been a tough decision. Bastien was actually mad that those who committed sins found salvation and those who lost their loved ones [Frau probably]; got none?
I was really touched, his sense of justice is total bullcrap but still.

A sinner is a sinner however...

Also Mikhail was really funny when it was all like being taken over by Teito and vice versa...

Castor was KICKASS in the last bit of the episode, and hell serious Labrador is win. I really wanted to see them get serious! This series is getting even more exciting!
Sep 29, 2010 3:53 PM

Jan 2010
Who knew flowers were so scary.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » 07-Ghost Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Sep 21, 2009

121 by senekohan »»
Mar 26, 11:34 AM

Poll: » 07-Ghost Episode 21 Discussion

tsubasalover - Aug 24, 2009

44 by senekohan »»
Mar 26, 9:21 AM

Poll: » 07-Ghost Episode 19 Discussion

dbaranyi - Aug 10, 2009

48 by senekohan »»
Mar 26, 8:40 AM

Poll: » 07-Ghost Episode 16 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jul 20, 2009

47 by senekohan »»
Mar 26, 7:23 AM

Poll: » 07-Ghost Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 1, 2009

124 by senekohan »»
Mar 25, 12:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.