Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 2, 2009 11:27 AM

Mar 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The Siege of Avalon comes to a conclusion.
Aug 4, 2009 1:45 AM

Apr 2009
and the new enemy is who i expected it to be..

finally we get to know what that Regulus is..
Aug 4, 2009 5:42 AM

May 2007
Nice episode. I liked the battles in this one. Arthur also acted more mature and less annoying.

Yay for nice moment between octavia and morgan :P.

Looking forward to the next episode and to see what the regulus is.
Aug 4, 2009 5:45 AM

Jul 2008
Nice conclusion to this arc and time just flew by when I was watching this.

Arawn being badass without showing off too much was cool and Arthur having grown up, thinking for himself is good too. Arthur still only has one tactic when it comes to leading armies though ("CHARGE!!!1!")
Aug 4, 2009 8:24 AM

May 2008
I'm seeing some OctaviaMorgan in the beginning there...~

Great episode. Gaius finally falls. He wasn't such a bad guy though. I hate those elders in the counsil or whatever they were calling him weak :/ That guy that like destroyed them all in the end looked bad ass..

Aug 4, 2009 10:57 AM

Apr 2008
I'm pretty shure Gaius = Julius Cesar
And that he would have become king if it wasn't for Arwan...

Sweet episode!
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise"
Aug 4, 2009 3:26 PM

Aug 2008
Ok episode. Don't like that Arthur is to be king, but whatever, it's to be expected.
At least we finally get the real villain though, and it's who I (we all) thought it would be.
Aug 4, 2009 3:58 PM

Jul 2008
Remus_Lupa said:
I'm pretty sure Gaius = Julius Cesar

yes i remember hearing somewhere that part of ceasar's name was gaius.
well the battle comes to end with arthur not only bringing an army with him and defeating the enmey commander, but arwen also wakes up with a bang!
and also the guy who shows up at the end there in the white- the guy who really killed arthur's father?
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Aug 5, 2009 4:35 AM

Apr 2008
gosh ... nice episode =] looking forward to the next one

Aug 5, 2009 5:07 AM

Dec 2007
kage-bunshin said:
Remus_Lupa said:
I'm pretty sure Gaius = Julius Cesar

yes i remember hearing somewhere that part of ceasar's name was gaius.

Yes. His full name was Gaius Julius Caesar. Actually, he might be considered Gaius Julius Caesar IV, as he was the fourth consecutive member of his family to carry the name.
Octavia (male: Octavius), also represents several prominent Romans. In fact, the Holy Empire clearly has a Roman motif overall, while the Gaels are a little more obvious, with focus on Arthurian Legend.

Honestly, I was somewhat expecting Gaius to take over before getting killed, due to his name. But this works fine.
Aug 5, 2009 7:51 AM
Jun 2008
i have no idea who that villian guy is, apparently i missed a episode somewhere, he seemed to come out of nowhere...
Aug 5, 2009 7:37 PM
May 2008
A lot was revealed within the last few minutes which was nice after the long "Arthur's traveling/Arthur's back lets win!!!"

I'm with AceSoldia I only faintly remember that guy at the end.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Aug 8, 2009 1:19 AM

Jun 2009
Morgan x Octavia
Llyr x Rathty

Lol Epona is very kind and helpful.. "I give you a discount"

*Greatsword vs 2-handed sword match COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!

I saw a whole battalion of Gaius army how come...anyway

AMAZING EPISODE!!!

I'm guessing the last guy with flames is one of the 11 Angels... just maybe
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Aug 8, 2009 3:23 PM

May 2009
Some awesome fighting this episode - I loved the part when Arawn showed up.. :D
Aug 9, 2009 1:20 AM

Apr 2009
Really good episode. When I began watching this I was expecting some Utawarerumono mark.II, but this is getting way over it: animation, story, chara design. This is an unexpected surprise, and with this episode it temporarily raised from 6 to 7, I hope it keeps up this good. I mean, I'm afraid it can't get much better because of the genre limits, but it could as well not get worse and worse... 8 eps left!

Gaius' fight was really nice, although they gave him too much power: he could smash the floor without swinging the sword, just moving it through it? That is just crazy... What did they need the battering ram for? They could just send Gaius swinging the sword blindly... And it'd be faster! :D
Aug 9, 2009 2:59 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
it was at least entertaining to watch....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Aug 10, 2009 6:35 AM
Dec 2007
The episode was very good and showed great developments until it got to Gaius' death, which simply dragged for too long and was not really interesting. And the ending was just your average -expected - twist.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Aug 11, 2009 12:01 AM

Apr 2008
I loved this episode. My favorite part was when Arawn reminded Gaius that he'd be killed once he figured out Arawn's goal. The moment he did I said outloud "you're dead now." Then Arthur made the final blow. Beautiful. ^_^
Aug 11, 2009 1:46 AM

Jul 2009
zinvince said:
Morgan x Octavia
Llyr x Rathty

Lol Epona is very kind and helpful.. "I give you a discount"

*Greatsword vs 2-handed sword match COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!

I saw a whole battalion of Gaius army how come...anyway

AMAZING EPISODE!!!

I'm guessing the last guy with flames is one of the 11 Angels... just maybe

He is.
They show him in Arthur's memory remember.
His description of the guy is fitting for a white angel.
Aug 11, 2009 11:44 AM

Apr 2009
Awwww that Morgan x Octavia moment made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.....

Aug 16, 2009 6:13 PM

Nov 2007
man that imperial army sucked or at least the portrayal, did they kill any of the gael? it just seemed like they climbed up laders and died and just all charged in some mass suicide strat and failed hard. I'm not a fan of pointless slaughter but it's kinda lame when only the enemies die. was obvious Gaius would die. hoping the new villain won't suck so much.
Sep 2, 2009 2:23 PM

Jun 2008
Orio94 said:
Awwww that Morgan x Octavia moment made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.....

HAha!! Happy moments for yuri fans. And they fought really good together. Octavia killing the enemies that came to close to Morgan and Morgan killing them from far away helping Octavia on not having to face many at the same time.

Remus_Lupa said:
I'm pretty shure Gaius = Julius Cesar

With a dosage of Guts from Berserk in fighting style.

Well big battle ended with Gaius death and now we have the big villain that was behind the scenes. I have no idea who he is, only that he seems to be one of those 12 guys something.
Gaius really took his time in dying. I was like "WTF! his talking for two minutes now, is he ever gone a die?"
Both Arthur and Arawn looked cooler in this episode.
Sep 2, 2009 10:44 PM

Jan 2009
Gaius should not die like this >.< I hate Arthur -.-
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 15, 2009 8:52 PM

Nov 2007
BATTLE PRIDE EPICNESS!!! O_O
Nov 20, 2009 8:12 PM

Oct 2008

Gaius's Imperial Massacre comes to an end..

Feb 4, 2012 6:19 PM

Jul 2010
nice fight. now for the real battle to start.

May 4, 2012 9:19 PM
Feb 2012
So Octavia and Morgan...lesbo lovers or really good friends or f*** buddies? since Morgan is Arawan's second wife...that be interesting...
Jan 27, 2014 10:38 PM

Jul 2008
That was a good fight and Gaius went out with style....however was I the only one wishing Riannon got killed right there? She sees a huge guy with a Berserk sword rushing Arawn, and she rushes in crying to give him a hug?!?! I didn't think it was possible these girls could get more stupid and they keep finding ways to do it.

What was worse was Arawn turning to protect her by shielding her rather than drawing his sword...not the smartest play.

Other than that bullshit, good episode.
Sep 30, 2014 2:34 AM

Jan 2011
Well in the game, which I guess passes for canon as the original source, Octavia is Arawn's fourth wife, but except for the gift of the coral charm, this was pretty much how it played out in the final battle. Octavia and Morgan thought they would die fighting together, although it was also to defend Arawn who both of them love. But it's also clear they are best friends in the game, if not more than that. I think it was also indicated that his near death gave Arawn a power-up, which will be needed to face the real enemy and final boss.

As to why Arawn protected and embraced Rhiannon rather than raise his sword: it was all about trust, and he trusted Arthur to defend him as First Warrior. I'm not sure if the appearance of white angel in the Imperial capital indicates another deviation from canon, as other than a brief arc after the death of Gaius the rest of the action takes place somewhere else in Northrn Albion.
rodacSep 30, 2014 2:39 AM
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Oct 10, 2017 12:24 PM
Nov 2012
Octavia, the lesbian player, is just hitting on girls left and right.

She killed an old flame then confessed her love to the dying girl.
Now she's hitting Morgan with the matching Coral necklaces with their names etched onto it. What a player, this Octavia.
Nov 12, 2017 7:32 AM
Aug 2015
I get some romantic Vibe between Octavia and Morgan I am happy about that because I am a fan of Yuri I want to play the PC game of this the PC game is actually a hentai adult game I wonder if in the game Octavia and Morgan have sex with each other I know that they both have sex with Arawn since in the game both of them or Arawn's wife's in the game Arawn as 5 wife's but in the anime he only has 3 wife's Octavia was Arawn's 4th wife in the game and Morgan is his second wife but get the feeling that Octavia and Morgan are mostly in love with one another because I this episode just like in the game Octavia want's to spend the rest of her life with Morgan the only thing I do not get is that way they did not make Octavia Arawn's wife's in the anime because she was his 4th wife in the game
Jul 15, 2019 1:16 PM

Sep 2012
when he realized it and arwen said u finaly get it human and hes face i 😂, it was epic

Lt_HaremWatch said:
So Octavia and Morgan...lesbo lovers or really good friends or f*** buddies? since Morgan is Arawan's second wife...that be interesting...

don't u know harem woman are bi sexuals, they get along with their husband and with each other and by get along i mean have fun/play with each other

also i never gotten a wibe that there is anything between Arwen and Morgan so as i see it she is free girl when it comes to romance

AceSoldia said:
i have no idea who that villian guy is, apparently i missed a episode somewhere, he seemed to come out of nowhere...

u didn't pay much attention then they showed him before to climps of him few times (hes mouth part not full face) and before hinted that villain is a spirit it should have been clear sins Arthur stabbed Arawn cause in hes memory it was a spirit posing as Aarwn

Sugram22May 7, 2021 6:54 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tears to Tiara Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

japanme32 - Apr 13, 2009

81 by wildhood »»
Mar 2, 9:13 AM

Poll: » Tears to Tiara Episode 25 Discussion

daniking79 - Sep 21, 2009

31 by yveltalkyogre »»
May 7, 2023 1:02 PM

Poll: » Tears to Tiara Episode 5 Discussion

MrTerrorist - May 3, 2009

41 by yveltalkyogre »»
May 7, 2023 11:06 AM

Poll: » Tears to Tiara Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Evilincarnate - Sep 27, 2009

67 by Inexplicable »»
Sep 25, 2022 12:37 PM

Poll: » Tears to Tiara Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MrTerrorist - Jul 14, 2009

55 by Sugram22 »»
May 7, 2021 6:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.