Forum Settings
Forums

Fate/stay night UBW Movie Announced [Update2]

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Aug 6, 2009 4:07 AM

Dec 2007
Savage1 said:

ah well, it'll probably be the True End... but i'll hope for good end xD

Even if they use the good ending

So glad that they confirmed that it's an UBW adaptation. That was absolutely on top of things I wanted to see animated for a looooong time now. And I'll even be able to watch it in the theatres, oh the joy!
Aug 6, 2009 5:11 AM

May 2009
Charliehsv said:
Savage1 said:

ah well, it'll probably be the True End... but i'll hope for good end xD

Even if they use the good ending

I'll be hoping for the true end.
EvilSapphireAug 7, 2009 3:43 AM
Aug 6, 2009 5:19 AM

Apr 2008
Fai said:
NecoDelero said:
Asako said:
Why are people upset with the staff? DEEN actually did an above-average job on the animation (compared to say, Higurashi, which they sucked at) and the voicecast is pretty much all A level.

I completely agree with that. First of all, it was a pretty faithful adaption of the Fate route (with the exception of the caster arc, but even that wasn't so bad for an anime original arc). Just compare it to the mess that's called Shingetsutan. There are also lots of CGs from the visual novel in it and they look nearly identical.

I agree that the animation could have been better, but this one is a movie, and I'm sure the budget is higher.

Considering they completely butchered it by trying to mishmash the arcs, animated the worst route and did some really stupid things (read- latexdominatrixsakura), not to mention the really failure of music, not to mention not addapting it faithfully, that studio really messed up.

They had their chance, not they need to GTFO and let someone competent handle UBW, liek ufotable.

FFS, its like the team who did <edited out because that anime never existed> getting to do an adaptation of other routers of that game. The only difference is that such case of <edited out because that anime never existed> would only hurt more.

Betting 100$ that they will mess up the timeline and do something really stupid with the UBW movie...

p.s. I still have hopes, after all that happened with BONES - they created a hilarious trainwreck known as FMA, but latter redeemed themselves actually starting FMA:B, a faithful adaptation of the manga. Maybe DEEN will go the same way....

Animating the Fate route was absolutely necessary, even if it's the worst route. There is a reason why you can play the UBW route only after completing the Fate route. As for butchering it by mixing the various routes: pretty much all visual novel adaptions are like that, and Fate was very light on that. I agree that the caster arc was completely unnecessary, especially as they are going to animate UBW now, but other than that there was only the fight between Archer and Berserker that had elements from the other routes. And that one was pretty awesome, despite the mediocre animation, imo.

The music wasn't that bad as well, of course some more pieces from the game would have been nice, but they did include Emiya and Sword of Promised Victory. Besides, some of the game music just wouldn't fit an animated series. DEEN also paid attention to some little details, like

and, as I mentioned earlier, exact copies of some of the games CGs.

In the end I think DEEN did a decent job on the Fate anime, even if it's far from perfect. But I guess we just have different oppinions on that matter. But look at it this way: at least there is a Fate anime, as opposed to a certain other visual novel.

Aug 6, 2009 6:01 AM

Nov 2007
Fai said:
Considering they completely butchered it by trying to mishmash the arcs, animated the worst route and did some really stupid things (read- latexdominatrixsakura), not to mention the really failure of music, not to mention not addapting it faithfully, that studio really messed up.

That has little to do with the studio and the cast, so why fault them for it? Also how can you say the music is fail? Kenji is one of the best composers around and has done nothing but great work in all of his scoring for over a decade. If you think his music is fail that just goes to show you don't have a valid opinion and nobody should pay any attention to you.
Aug 6, 2009 6:41 AM

Jul 2007
Asako said:
That has little to do with the studio

That has a lot to do with the studio.

BDSMSakura should have never been made.
Outrageous CGI Dragon Sex should never been used.
Important dialogue lines should not have been cut out. YOU DO NOT cut the talk out of TYPE-MOON stuff.
They should have just adapted fate route as it was without any unnecessary additions.
Not to mention the horrible animation quality and stupidly uneven pacing.

when it comes to TYPE-MOON stuff its either the PERFECT adaptation or no adaptation for me.

Asako said:

Also how can you say the music is fail?

Music PLACEMENT is fail. And for Type-MOON adaptation I expected for them to use a lot more stuff from the game ost.
Aug 6, 2009 9:53 AM
Oct 2008
The real problem with Studio DEEN isn't the animation, although that's also a huge problem. The real problem with Studio DEEN, in regards to FSN TV, is that they can't direct.

The original Fate route was supposed to be about the growth of Emiya Shirou, who was originally a martyr without a cause because of his survivor's guilt and became a person that was able to resolve his issues with the past. They managed to cut out pretty much all of his insight out so he became nothing more than a misogynist idiot that threw himself into harm's way for no apparent reason. This mismanagement of character was especially bad when it came to the big reveal at the Church: FSN TV completely blew it by showing absolutely NOTHING about Shirou's character, when it was supposed to be the event where he came to accept his failures. Instead, they continued trekking on so there wasn't any real tension or dramatic buildup when the finale came. Let's not get into any of the other characters, because they aren't really any better.

DEEN screwed up the most important thing about Fate in regards to UBW: Emiya Shirou's character. How do people believe UBW is going to be better when UBW is completely about Emiya Shirou's insights and beliefs, something that DEEN seems to love skimping out on? This is bad precedent to set for the Archer battle (you know which one), and if they screw up that battle, they might as well not have bothered.

Oh, and the animation choreography sucked too. No amount of budget is going to fix that.
InsaneZeroAug 6, 2009 10:13 AM
Aug 6, 2009 2:29 PM

Jun 2009
I get a feeling that the King of Heroes need more swords...
Aug 7, 2009 2:48 AM
Oct 2007
Dear God!!! *almost had a heart attack here*

A a FSN movie!!!!!! OMG!!!!!

I cant wait >,>!~!!!

I hope that after this movie they'll make a Heaven's Feel one :p
Archer89Aug 7, 2009 3:02 AM
Aug 7, 2009 9:23 AM
Jul 2009
Fai said:

They should have just adapted fate route as it was without any unnecessary additions.

Deen's story direction was actually Kinoko Nasu's idea. He had them do the Fate route while trying to add in elements from the other two.

Even now, the failure of the series has been blamed on the TV anime format, which is a little silly. Type-Moon didn't want to approve another TV series but agreed to movies for Kara no Kyoukai. Evidently, they've also approved the movie format for UBW.
Aug 7, 2009 12:38 PM

May 2009
I found this like month ago... I thought it was just prank, to make us more suffer! But then my friend told me 3 hours ago that the it's been confirmed by animeanime.jp! I was like WTF?! Now all that is left to wait or die till then...

Rejoice all fans of Saber... Shiro will be more concentrated on Rin, so Saber is all ours! *just joking, still sad bcs Saber will be less on movie than Rin*
Aug 7, 2009 1:04 PM

Aug 2007
wtf, someone said the Fate/Stay Night music was bad?
Aug 7, 2009 2:53 PM

Jul 2007
Cheezy said:
wtf, someone said the Fate/Stay Night music was bad?

Music is good but it does not fit the nasuverse.

Kajura Yuki = Nasuverse :P

KnK soundtrack is the best proof of that.
Aug 7, 2009 10:06 PM

Jul 2007
Fai said:
NecoDelero said:

I completely agree with that. First of all, it was a pretty faithful adaption of the Fate route (with the exception of the caster arc, but even that wasn't so bad for an anime original arc). Just compare it to the mess that's called Shingetsutan. There are also lots of CGs from the visual novel in it and they look nearly identical.

I agree that the animation could have been better, but this one is a movie, and I'm sure the budget is higher.

They had their chance, not they need to GTFO and let someone competent handle UBW, liek ufotable.

FFS, its like the team who did <edited out because that anime never existed> getting to do an adaptation of other routers of that game. The only difference is that such case of <edited out because that anime never existed> would only hurt more.

Betting 100$ that they will mess up the timeline and do something really stupid with the UBW movie...

p.s. I still have hopes, after all that happened with BONES - they created a hilarious trainwreck known as FMA, but latter redeemed themselves actually starting FMA:B, a faithful adaptation of the manga. Maybe DEEN will go the same way....

Cool story bro. Just for your info, in a survey that took place in Japan the Fate route was voted from the vast majority as its best route. Personally i like UbW the best but you cant tell "the worst/the best". Its a matter of opinion. In addition to that the music was PERFECT for fsn in every aspect. KnK has a totally different mood from Fsn dont compare them like that. And please you couldnt expect a good
adaption from a visual novel. In order to finish the UbW i was playing for around 13-14 hours. And they want to sum all this in around 2 hours MAX (most likely 90 mins). So you cant expect them to be perfect. Thus the anime was pretty good. Just think what someone else did with Tsuki and compare it with this
Aug 8, 2009 2:06 AM

Aug 2008
I actually liked Fate and Heaven's Feel far more than UBW. Rin and Shirou had very little chemistry together for a romance, IMO, compared to Saber or Sakura. I'd honestly prefer they cut the romance from the movie, and make it more focused on Archer and Shirou.

That being said, can't wait for 2010.
Aug 8, 2009 2:27 AM

Jul 2007
Cloud1234 said:

Cool story bro. Just for your info, in a survey that took place in Japan the Fate route was voted from the vast majority as its best route

And why should I change my opinion because of that?

Cloud1234 said:

. Personally i like UbW the best but you cant tell "the worst/the best". Its a matter of opinion.

And I never said it as fact :)

Cloud1234 said:
In addition to that the music was PERFECT for fsn in every aspect.

Not really. Music was good, but its placement was awkward

Cloud1234 said:

KnK has a totally different mood from Fsn dont compare them like that.

And Kajiura Yuki still fits FSN more than Kawai Kenji.

Songs like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6kY7hm4WQs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v--oCoINlNw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RblM-CW2VQw ( this I completely can hear during the certain UBW scene near the end of UBW scenario where Rin talks with certain someone)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUSAzjEwsXo (and this i completely see playing in gilgamesh appearance)

Cloud1234 said:

And please you couldnt expect a good adaption from a visual novel.

Not a visual novel, but KnK is adapted perfectly

Cloud1234 said:
In order to finish the UbW i was playing for around 13-14 hours.

Thats playtime. Its same as reading manga - chapter that you would be reading ~8 minutes can be adapted in 1 min or so.

Cloud1234 said:
And they want to sum all this in around 2 hours MAX (most likely 90 mins).

It can be done. UBW is the most movie-compatible route.

Cloud1234 said:
So you cant expect them to be perfect.

Yes I can. Its either perfect adaptation or nothing when it comes to TM stuff.

Cloud1234 said:
Thus the anime was pretty good.

It was not perfect, thus it was bad.

Cloud1234 said:
Just think what someone else did with Tsuki and compare it with this

What Tsuki? There was no tsuki...

Jahn said:
I actually liked Fate and Heaven's Feel far more than UBW. Rin and Shirou had very little chemistry together for a romance, IMO, compared to Saber or Sakura. I'd honestly prefer they cut the romance from the movie, and make it more focused on Archer and Shirou.

Riiight. Even in fate route Shiro had more chemistry with Rin than with anyone else. Frankly, ShiroXRin was the only pairing that made a lot sense :3
Aug 8, 2009 8:22 AM

May 2009
Some guy put Leysritt as main character is this UBW movie and Fate/stay night anime... Someone should fix that... :)

I tried but she is still main. xD
Aug 9, 2009 7:17 AM

Dec 2008
i cant wait
Aug 10, 2009 7:30 AM

Apr 2009
Fai said:
Cloud1234 said:

Cool story bro. Just for your info, in a survey that took place in Japan the Fate route was voted from the vast majority as its best route

And why should I change my opinion because of that?

Cloud1234 said:

. Personally i like UbW the best but you cant tell "the worst/the best". Its a matter of opinion.

And I never said it as fact :)

Cloud1234 said:
In addition to that the music was PERFECT for fsn in every aspect.

Not really. Music was good, but its placement was awkward

Cloud1234 said:

KnK has a totally different mood from Fsn dont compare them like that.

And Kajiura Yuki still fits FSN more than Kawai Kenji.

Songs like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6kY7hm4WQs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v--oCoINlNw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RblM-CW2VQw ( this I completely can hear during the certain UBW scene near the end of UBW scenario where Rin talks with certain someone)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUSAzjEwsXo (and this i completely see playing in gilgamesh appearance)

Cloud1234 said:

And please you couldnt expect a good adaption from a visual novel.

Not a visual novel, but KnK is adapted perfectly

Cloud1234 said:
In order to finish the UbW i was playing for around 13-14 hours.

Thats playtime. Its same as reading manga - chapter that you would be reading ~8 minutes can be adapted in 1 min or so.

Cloud1234 said:
And they want to sum all this in around 2 hours MAX (most likely 90 mins).

It can be done. UBW is the most movie-compatible route.

Cloud1234 said:
So you cant expect them to be perfect.

Yes I can. Its either perfect adaptation or nothing when it comes to TM stuff.

Cloud1234 said:
Thus the anime was pretty good.

It was not perfect, thus it was bad.

Cloud1234 said:
Just think what someone else did with Tsuki and compare it with this

What Tsuki? There was no tsuki...

Jahn said:

Riiight. Even in fate route Shiro had more chemistry with Rin than with anyone else. Frankly, ShiroXRin was the only pairing that made a lot sense :3

Ladies and gentlemen, while on expedition to the frozen northlands earlier this year I came across a specimen that I think you will find most fascinating. A close relative of it’s southern cousin the Narutard; the Nasutard has grown smaller, meaner, and more agile due to a harsh climate and scarcity of food. The famed territoriality of it’s more famous relatives has not been diminished. The Nasutard is in fact so territorial that it will even drive away potential mates as competition for food.

One would think that due to the harsh climate, lack of food, and it’s treatment towards others of it’s own kind, the Nasutard would be an endangered species, but this is not so. The ecosystem cannot sustain a large number of these beasts, but they are common enough to make venturing onto the frozen Nasundra a hazardous pastime indeed.
This is a serious post. You're not allowed to delete it.
Aug 10, 2009 11:22 AM

Jul 2009
Jahn said:

HAHAHAHAHA nice j/k

Rin and Shirou had the best chemistry out of the three pairings. I mean, seriously, between Sakura's obsessionism/"Please tell me what you want oyakata-sama" and Saber's "I must dai" attitude it's not hard to be.

Not to mention Shirou himself was just plain weird with the other two. :/
Aug 11, 2009 10:33 AM

Mar 2009
This could be great news, or it could be horrible news. It all comes down to how well they will pull it off.

I mean... the Fate anime was a bit of a dissapointment. It started off very promising, but screwed up later on and ended up being so-so.

Now, the same people who made the anime ( even the writer and director are the same ) are going to make UBW into a "movie". A LOT has to be skipped, and they can potentially mess this project up completely. I guess all we can do is hope that won't be the case.

..also, now they totally have to make Heaven's Feel into anime as well. It would just be lame to make the first two scenarios and not the third.

I'd seriously have liked to hear HF being made into anime a billion times more than this. It's the best scenario (no, seriously... it really is! ... well, if you ask me at least), and Dark Saber is waaay cooler than regular Saber. Not to mention True Assasin and Zoken! They don't even get to appear in the other two routes! =( How well Shirou pairs up with Sakura can be discussed, and I honestly don't really care. I just want Dark Saber + Zouken/Assasin + Shadow + Rider kicking way more ass than usual... and also the most epic final battle EVER with nothing but freaking FISTS as weapons! That's like... a thousand times MANLIER than anything else that ever happens in any of the other routes! =D
ShadsAug 12, 2009 8:16 AM
Aug 14, 2009 3:36 AM

Feb 2008
Trailer at C76
Aug 14, 2009 4:38 AM

Dec 2007
That just made me think back and remember a ton of scenes from UBW that i can't wait to see animated... and the best part is, that trailer confirmed most of them!
And as far as i can see, it looks like there's little chance they'll try some HF combination bullshit again. And that's a goddamn relief!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 14, 2009 4:54 AM

Jun 2008
Ok, now I can't wait.

It's me or Archer uses Hrunting in 0:54 ?
Aug 14, 2009 5:30 AM

Oct 2008
dtshyk, you are awesome!!!

The trailer looks good..
Aug 14, 2009 5:34 AM

Jul 2007
State before watching trailer: FUUUUUU-
State after watching trailer: cautiously optimistic.

Let's just hope that they won't screw up with cutting out parts and stuff, but overall I'd like to echo what Ketuekigami said.

Almost all the scenes I have been waiting for have been confirmed :3
Aug 14, 2009 5:37 AM

Apr 2008
Oh god, that looks so amazing. I nearly cried tears of joy while watching the trailer. Now let's hope they also manage to include the whole story into that movie.

Aug 14, 2009 5:52 AM

Jul 2007
NecoDelero said:
Oh god, that looks so amazing. I nearly cried tears of joy while watching the trailer. Now let's hope they also manage to include the whole story into that movie.

And lets pray that its actually two movies!!!!1
Aug 14, 2009 8:37 AM

Oct 2007
After hearing all of those awesome about UBW, lets just pray we are going to see what we want to see. I actually like the anime but I must admits that I am not satisfied with the anime. I don't want to say "Thx god" yet but lets hope I can say it after seeing the movie.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Aug 14, 2009 9:13 AM

Apr 2009
Nayah said:
Here's hoping that it's not one of those recap movie.

Eat your heart out
Aug 14, 2009 10:02 AM

Jan 2008
Trailer looks pretty cool, but almost anything can look good in a trailer. @_@;

Aug 14, 2009 12:04 PM

Jan 2009
The quality of the animation in the trailer looks top notch. I'm probably in the minority, but I have faith in Studio DEEN. Let's hope for the best.

Aug 14, 2009 12:17 PM
Aug 2009
WANT! TO! WATCH! NOW!!! :)
I'm SO interested how the movie will be^^
Aug 15, 2009 1:26 AM

Jul 2009
Yeahhh!!!! UBW Route is my fav route
can't wait for the movie
Aug 15, 2009 5:54 AM

Mar 2009
Ketuekigami said:
and the best part is, that trailer confirmed most of them!

I don't wanna ruin the fun, but it might still be too early to consider all of them confirmed. I was just thinking how the anime's trailer had some scenes that actually never were included in the anime itself ( like Archer running in a graveyard while fireing arrows at berserker ). Hopefully that's not the case, and it probably isn't, but don't get your expectations TOO high. =P

Trailers are indeed easy to make cool-looking, and while the quality of that trailer was pretty far above my expectations, I can't get rid of the feeling that Studio DEEN still might screw this one up too. Ah well.
Aug 15, 2009 7:48 AM

Mar 2008
Animation is unbelievable!! O_O
Aug 17, 2009 3:00 AM

Jul 2007
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSQsOUzxELw

Same trailer as above but at a lot better quality than the previous one.

In this one you can even hear the music, lol.
Aug 17, 2009 4:47 AM

Oct 2007
The animation is just eyecandy.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Aug 17, 2009 7:49 PM

Apr 2008
Well we got six months to wait and hopefully NOTHING goes wrong with this one. >__>
Studio DEEN...

Aug 20, 2009 10:53 PM

Feb 2008
News Update
According to Type-Moon Ace vol.3, Nasu Kinoko said the duration of the movie is 90 min.

Source: Scan of TM Ace
Aug 20, 2009 11:58 PM

Apr 2007
Only 90 minutes?

That doesn't sound too good...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 21, 2009 12:34 AM

Aug 2009
Yeah, that's just too short.
Aug 21, 2009 2:01 AM

Apr 2008
That does indeed seem to short for the whole UBW path. But if Nasu himself said that, he must at least approve of it, no?

Aug 22, 2009 2:53 AM

Jun 2007
90 minutes does not sound anywhere near enough. I can't help it, I have a bad feeling about this again.
Your search on "Oran Solus" returned the following quotes:
"Oran Solus? I know him. What a wanker. He still owes me a tenner." Oscar Wilde
"Oran, you're so intelligent and awesome <3" Bakayaro
"Oran's sexy." LolitaDecay
"Oran is a sophisticated penguin." Drybananna
"Oran is a Hand-Eye you faggots." EddieSpaghetti
"Oran for Prime Minister." the_prime_one
"Oran is all that is stated in his sig and more." orbitzz

Aug 23, 2009 1:06 PM

Jun 2009
Mehhh...... They really should just cap the time longer than just 90 minutes. Unless the pacing done really well, there's gonna be some parts where it'll feel rushed.
Aug 24, 2009 4:41 AM

May 2007
The movie being 90 minutes at least gives me a reason to read the VN again to relieve my brain from the rushed excuse for a movie.
Aug 24, 2009 12:19 PM

Jan 2008
.... kill me now please.
Aug 24, 2009 1:11 PM

Nov 2007
I was hoping it would be 3 hours but expecting something just over 2... but 90 minutes? That's no where near enough for an even half decent adaption.
Aug 24, 2009 5:17 PM
Jul 2009
Thalos said:
I was hoping it would be 3 hours but expecting something just over 2... but 90 minutes? That's no where near enough for an even half decent adaption.

The goal might not be to tell the story in detail but to just focus on animating everyone's favorite battle scenes. That way, they might minimize dialogue (on the assumption that the viewer has already read the visual novel and/or watched the TV anime) in favor of providing slick fan service.

This wouldn't be a "proper" adaptation or movie (and it would be absolutely inaccessible to newcomers), but there's no doubt that many fans would still be thrilled. After all, it worked for Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children.
Aug 25, 2009 1:31 PM

Apr 2009
TJR said:
Thalos said:

The goal might not be to tell the story in detail but to just focus on animating everyone's favorite battle scenes. That way, they might minimize dialogue (on the assumption that the viewer has already read the visual novel and/or watched the TV anime) in favor of providing slick fan service.

This wouldn't be a "proper" adaptation or movie (and it would be absolutely inaccessible to newcomers), but there's no doubt that many fans would still be thrilled. After all, it worked for Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children.

This is exactly what I did not want for UBW :(
Aug 25, 2009 7:32 PM

Jan 2008
-___________________-

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

» 'Naze Boku no Sekai wo Daremo Oboeteinai no ka?' Reveals Additional Cast, Character Promo

Nioxys - 5 hours ago

2 by notPara »»
4 hours ago

» 'Detective Conan' Creator's 'Yaiba' Manga Receives New Anime

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

13 by RobertBobert »»
6 hours ago

» 'Kusuriya no Hitorigoto' Second Season Announced

Nioxys - Mar 23

22 by arnicahealth »»
11 hours ago

» Manga 'Tougen Anki' Gets TV Anime in 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by thebrentinator24 »»
Yesterday, 7:33 PM

» 'Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu' Reveals Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - May 6

2 by ST63LTH »»
Yesterday, 7:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.