Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 20, 2008 10:10 PM

Jan 2008
RaiStorM said:
but whats up with that Nosebleed girl o_O
That was fantastic. Seriously.
Oct 20, 2008 10:11 PM

Feb 2008
Nagi is growing on me.
Oct 20, 2008 10:11 PM

May 2008
freedoleen said:
Akiba-kun, lol, nice name. Nagi in school uniform is even more adorable than in her usual clothes.

cyruz said:
I could rewatch this right away.

kisami said:
www already i feel like im gonna be begin or a second season after this one ends.

This show is addicting.
Same here i think i rewatch this episode several times now
it's awesome!
Oct 20, 2008 10:24 PM

Nov 2007
yup awesome episode. nosebleeds to tsugumi getting exited that she has bigger breasts than nagi.

tho the one thing i didnt get is how the younger sister knew nagi was her older sister since she took the form that jin created.
Oct 20, 2008 10:28 PM
Oct 2008
This was a pretty good episode although i do feel some of the gimmicks and jokes seemed out of place, but there were also moments that did make me laugh and the ending was brilliant to keep viewers hooked cant wait for 4
Oct 21, 2008 12:51 AM

Oct 2008
Awesome episode very entertaining throughout best one i think so far.. ending makes me wanna watch the next one already

looking forward to episode 4
Oct 21, 2008 4:01 AM

Jul 2008
crazy_eights said:
yup awesome episode. nosebleeds to tsugumi getting exited that she has bigger breasts than nagi.

tho the one thing i didnt get is how the younger sister knew nagi was her older sister since she took the form that jin created.

OMNIPOTENCE! Know all/See all/ Be everywhere. Technically they do not show it but GOD rank even if limited to land terrain........is still omnipotent!
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Oct 21, 2008 4:22 AM

Apr 2008
This one was the best episode out yet. ^^

And I really liked how the blond boy wouldn't admit he's an otaku, but then freak out about Nagi's staff xD
Oct 21, 2008 4:52 AM

Apr 2007
Asako said:
Do you really have to post all the screencaps, angel999? Really. Is it necessary? Every one of these threads you start saying you watched it "RAW" (not an acronym, by the way. Doesn't have to be capitalised) and post a ton of screencaps. Why?

I like the screencaps :P, but the broken caps lock is a bit...

Anyway nice anime, some pieces were pretty weird when the teacher started biting his head and the girl nose bleed 0.o

Hoping for some romance!

Oct 21, 2008 10:54 AM

Mar 2008
Awesome episode, on par with Clannad concerning the laughs it gave me :D

The Higurashi-like part was just great too. Tusugumi = Rena like np :]

Wasn't expecting it, but if the next episodes are that good, this show will definitely turn out as one of my favorites of this AMAZING season. And I can't emphasize on AMAZING enough.
Oct 21, 2008 11:10 AM

Apr 2008
Very funny episode.

I've got the feeling I will really love Nagi's sister
Oct 21, 2008 11:55 AM

Sep 2007
Only part I liked about this episode was Jin dodging the hug D:
Oct 21, 2008 12:17 PM

Sep 2007
Iriya said:

Not even the random karate moves!?
Oct 21, 2008 12:19 PM

Sep 2007
Wasabi said:
Iriya said:

Not even the random karate moves!?

Oh yeah. Forgot about that part D: Yeah, that was cool, although it really WAS random. I was talking to Ed and going wtf's with the random fist fight? D:
Oct 21, 2008 12:20 PM

Sep 2008
yea the random fist fight was pretty sweet.
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Oct 21, 2008 12:33 PM

Aug 2008
Hmm did I see Akiba in kyuubi-mode there? ^^

Man, I can watch this episode over and over again. This couple of jokes makes it worth it ;]
Ii tenki desu ne...
Oct 21, 2008 3:22 PM

Jun 2008
Dust2Dust said:

The Higurashi-like part was just great too. Tusugumi = Rena like np :]

OH my goodness I KNOWWWW <3

Dude, I love this series! I wish I could fit so much in this box but I won't spam. I'll say I'm so impressed with everything so far! Nagi, in general, she's growing on me waaaay to much. The scene with her and Tusugumi in her room, awhs, I really like that older personality role she plays, and so far, if Nagi does like someone I'm supporting Tusugumi x Jin and Nagi x Whomever, because I love Tusugmi too much and Nagi and yaaaaah! Nagi's older sister, I would have never guessed from the opening...I thought she was a rival of some sort for Nagi's singing career,I liked how they inserted the ending song with her though, adds the dramatic amazingess. I LIKE HER HAIR TOO!

& I'm wondering, will that play in the show or is that just a cute little opening type deal? It can't see Nagi suddenly becoming a singer, or wait, yes I can...but, hmm. I'll just have to see. BUT SO FAR I LOVEEE KANNAGI! <3
Oct 21, 2008 3:23 PM

Feb 2008
Oh wow, that was awesome.
This episode had humour, suspence and new characters.
Kannagi just keeps getting better.

I can't wait till ep 4, I need to find out about Nagi's sister.
Oct 21, 2008 3:57 PM

Dec 2007
Awesome episode. The jumping hug dodge needs to be made into an avy for me to use now! Lots of funny moments and the production values are still strong at episode 3. The new characters look like a lot of fun as well.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 21, 2008 5:52 PM

Aug 2007
aero said:
RaiStorM said:
but whats up with that Nosebleed girl o_O
That was fantastic. Seriously.

That was freaking awesome. High pressure nosebleed ftw.

Going to rewatch this episode sometime soon... after I finish studying. Or I'll forget the studying and just rewatch the episode.

Easily a 5/5. Made me laugh quite a bit.

Felli disapproves of this thread.
Oct 21, 2008 8:03 PM

Sep 2008
nee-sama ? :O
Oct 21, 2008 8:52 PM

May 2008
NAGI-SAMA IS SISTERS WITH A CATHOLIC?!?!?! How...Henotheistic.
Well actually under some interpretations of Christianity...Jesus is just a god and not a God. Or even just a Godly man. Certainly doesn't fit very well with the Western forms of heavy Trinity Protestant Christianity. But very well with Eastern Russian Christianity.
In any case,....I guess we'll find out her views on Christianity as a god herself later.

And lol@ that girl with the nosebleed. What a pervert.:P

Edit Reason:
Typo. That's interpretations of Christianity not interpretations of Christian.

Well I'm sure 'interpretations of Christian could work as well, but 'interpretations of Christianity' looks better.:P
ukonkiviOct 22, 2008 10:01 PM

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Oct 21, 2008 11:23 PM
Oct 2008
I love this anime. Definitely going to be #1 of the season!
Oct 21, 2008 11:37 PM

Nov 2007
I just realized that the reason why this show is so awesome is because it is following the source really well. More anime adaptions should be doing this.
Oct 22, 2008 2:50 AM

Jul 2008
ukonkivi said:
NAGI-SAMA IS SISTERS WITH A CATHOLIC?!?!?! How...Henotheistic.
Well actually under some interpretations of Christian...Jesus is just a god and not a God. Or even just a Godly man. Certainly doesn't fit very well with the Western forms of heavy Trinity Protestant Christianity. But very well with Eastern Russian Christianity.
In any case,....I guess we'll find out her views on Christianity as a god herself later.

And lol@ that girl with the nosebleed. What a pervert.:P

Interesting point but why assume immediately about the Henotheistic part. Nagi sister perhaps was smarter to adapt to newer trends. Perhaps it may mean that Nagi's sister found out a better way to do her job.
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Oct 22, 2008 4:07 AM
May 2008
The comedy is really done well along with a good starting cast of characters. Kannagi will definitely do well if it keeps up this good quality. Definitely look forward towards the next episode. ^^
Oct 22, 2008 4:10 AM

Apr 2007
Was a weaker episode than the first two, but still very good.

Interesting that a god would have a sister, and they are actually female.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 22, 2008 5:54 AM

Jun 2008
It was a good episode. I liked how so many of the mains and supporting characters were introduced in a way that flowed so nicely. And the animation is top-notch as always

Oct 22, 2008 6:53 AM
Jul 2008
Another decent episode, but I'm dropping this series. There are others I like better, and I lack the time to watch everything.
Oct 22, 2008 7:33 AM

Aug 2007
Good episode, I'm definitely liking the supporting cast of this show, and I hope to see plenty of the Art Club students during the course of the show.
Oct 22, 2008 12:57 PM

Oct 2007
Nagi's sister is voiced by Hanazawa Kana~
Oct 24, 2008 12:35 PM

Dec 2007

xD
Oct 24, 2008 1:34 PM

Mar 2008
Great episode, so funny. I really laughed a lot when the teacher came from the "cursed" place :)
Oct 24, 2008 11:02 PM

Oct 2007
This show just went from ok/mediocre to awesome! Like I was seriously laughing the entire episode...
The main characters (save Nagi who was already pretty cool) Stepped up 10 notches and everyone new who stepped on the scene were GREAT!

Also the amount of Nagi avvies in the forum are reaching epic proportions lol

angel999 said:

Hibiki is soooooo funny! I think he acts a little bit gay around Jin but IN REALITY he is just extravagant.

What the hell are you talking about?
Oct 25, 2008 6:13 AM

Jul 2008
so_addictive said:
This show just went from ok/mediocre to awesome! Like I was seriously laughing the entire episode...
The main characters (save Nagi who was already pretty cool) Stepped up 10 notches and everyone new who stepped on the scene were GREAT!

angel999 said:

Hibiki is soooooo funny! I think he acts a little bit gay around Jin but IN REALITY he is just extravagant.

Personality wise of Hibiki.......the tall guy!
Oct 25, 2008 12:23 PM

Apr 2008
the little fight between Nagi and Jin was the best part....

My english sucks....i know....
Oct 26, 2008 1:27 AM
Apr 2008
Haha yuri.
Oct 26, 2008 3:05 AM

Mar 2008
That was a really great episode.

I can't even begin to describe the good parts, since there were quite a lot of them. I was sceptical about this show, but they manage to make that generic old and overused genre into something special.
Oct 26, 2008 5:21 AM

Feb 2008
This episode was full of win. The first two hadn't completely won me over, I was considering dropping Kannagi, but this episode was genius.
Oct 26, 2008 6:51 AM

Jan 2008
first half was just crappy, but the second half was pure win XD
Oct 26, 2008 12:03 PM

Sep 2007
angel999 said:
so_addictive said:

angel999 said:

Personality wise of Hibiki.......the tall guy!

So... because he paints and likes kittens, he's gay?
Oct 26, 2008 2:58 PM

Sep 2007
awesome animations, great episode. this show could be a candidate for a 10.
Oct 28, 2008 1:05 PM

Aug 2008
Kannagi is probably a gem of the year. Funny and original despite its averageness idea-wise. It's shows like this that help people understand what good voice acting and strong execution of quality can do for a show.
Oct 28, 2008 2:53 PM

Feb 2008
Jacut said:
I would love to enjoy this show, but it's just too cliché and predictable... Characters and high school elements are fine but I don't like the magical girl and supernatural elements too :/

It was a bit better than the first two episodes though, so maybe I'll watch more.

I agree in some points, but not completely. For me it seems like the show makes fun of the "magical supernatural girl" stuff itself. So far none of the "exorcism" turned out really smooth and successfull. All the drama that Nagi tries to build up collapses back upon itslef. So funny => 4/5 ^^
Oct 30, 2008 10:47 AM

Mar 2005
lol, now i see why everyone has nagi avatars
Nov 2, 2008 1:47 AM

Aug 2008
kei-clone said:
lol, now i see why everyone has nagi avatars
the episode was great, good fun and with charismatic personalities!
Nov 2, 2008 7:05 PM
Nov 2007
Comments made while watching:

-*Message appears on the left side* Attention, Godzilla has been spotting approaching Tokyo Bay, you guys know the drill, proceed in an orderly fashion to the designated evacuation areas...and by that I mean run and panic like always.

-I smell a school character introduction episode...

-"Fried Vegetables tasted good" BZZZ wrong you fail!

-Tch...abstract art, yeah right.

-"Jin" (Holy Crap how did you get that close) "How is the woodcraft?" "Well it sort of came alive...I mean it broke!"

-Is there some sort of law in Japan that says at least 75% of all Anime nowadays has to have a manga artist character in it?

-Thats it those art club girls are WAAAAAAAAY too into this!

-Clean up the storage room, oh and there probably goblins and slimes down there.

-"What happens when a ghost goes through a screen window?" That question will keep me up tonight.

-Tsugumi...these are the kinds of things you tell us...AFTER we leave the creepy room...Oh and by the way your pupils are missing.

-Nagi going to school...part of me thinks thats a bad idea, the other part says go for it, I want to watch! OH SWEET YES! :D Happiness = me

-If one of them suddenly goes super saiyan....

-Go go gadget fan service!

-Tsugumi's schwartz is bigger...and by schwartz i mean...yeah...exactly! Ha ha.

-The living will overpower the dead? Yeah most of the cast of the films by George A. Romero will disagree with that.

-WOW GREATEST INITIATION PROCESS EVER!

-I get it, Shinto goddesses lose their power at Christian locations....

-I smell rivalry! ^_^

Post Episode Comments:

Very nice. Still some things dont really make sense but I get the feeling that those things will probably be explained shortly so nothing to worry about. Good twist in this episode too, and lots of humor.
Nov 4, 2008 4:35 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
cute ep.
p r o f i l e đź‘€
Nov 4, 2008 9:29 AM

Jun 2008
crazy_eights said:

Haha sorry i found that scene to be so cute i had to make an animated gif for it >.< Hell i actually downloaded gimp just to do this, enjoy in case anyone wants it

This is the worst kind of discrimination. The kind against me.
Nov 4, 2008 9:39 AM

Jul 2008
acemig007 said:
crazy_eights said:

Haha sorry i found that scene to be so cute i had to make an animated gif for it >.< Hell i actually downloaded gimp just to do this, enjoy in case anyone wants it

COOL GIF!
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kannagi Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

DeadIEnd - Dec 27, 2008

222 by __FK__ »»
Feb 21, 12:36 PM

» SEASON 2 WHERE?!!!?!?

KhoaVN - Sep 24, 2023

1 by TheChainsawMan »»
Sep 24, 2023 8:55 AM

» ...I could eat three bowls of rice

formosan - Feb 12, 2009

2 by KhoaVN »»
Sep 24, 2023 7:43 AM

Poll: » Kannagi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

dtshyk - Oct 4, 2008

159 by KhoaVN »»
Sep 24, 2023 7:38 AM

Poll: » Kannagi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

sniW - Dec 6, 2008

176 by 3miL »»
Mar 18, 2023 12:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.