Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
May 12, 9:50 AM

Oct 2013
Reply to Nerdason
Waiting eagerly for the first episode

@Nerdason Very based. You can watch the new season of Kimetsu no Yaiba while watching Kimetsu no Yaiba, hehe.
May 12, 11:09 AM

Feb 2019
Reply to souraia
time to start another dogshit season
@souraia Wait, if you hate demon slayer, why are you still wasting your time watching it?
The line below is True.
The line above is False.
May 12, 11:23 AM

Jan 2023
Reply to Hesmiyu
@souraia Wait, if you hate demon slayer, why are you still wasting your time watching it?
@Hesmiyu why did you watch all of Dragon Maid if you rated the first season a 2?
死人に口なし
May 12, 11:37 AM

Jul 2017
This dragged quite a bit, but to be fair, never really liked the usage of lengthy premieres for this series since season 2 if I recall correctly. To be fair though, the one meeting that happened here clearly had more weight and urgency to it (especially with the music) than the meetings I have watched with the Slime anime this season, and they're already gone to training mode so at least that is a positive in my books. I did not miss Zenitsu and Inosuke one bit from my time off with the anime since the previous season, them and the humor can still be as unbearable as ever.
May 12, 11:49 AM
Jan 2021
Boring. Nothing happened
May 12, 11:59 AM

Oct 2017
Welp, the usual everyone shouting for whole episode, typical Demon Slayer.

Btw I thought Hashira never go on mission together, but this episode proves me wrong. 2 Hashiras go on mission together.
So tell me, why didn't they do so way back when they confront Upper Moon 6?
They have intel, they have target, they have location, so tell me why they didn't bother to send 2 Hashiras ?
They could have obliterate upper moon 6 easily with 2 Hashiras .
Instead they send Tanjirou and his friends , whom are very low rank among the Demon Slayer group at that time.
Ventus_SMay 12, 12:24 PM
May 12, 12:13 PM
Sep 2015
Quite smart, this episode serves as a reminder of who is who, what is what, but using very few flashback scenes, so the story moves forward and backward within the same episode.
May 12, 12:18 PM

Apr 2015
I guess this is the same episode that was shown in the worldwide premier, The new stuff was good but the old season part was a bit of a drag to get through though. Hopefully the rest of the episodes are good enough.
May 12, 12:38 PM

Feb 2019
Reply to Trimethylglycine
@Hesmiyu why did you watch all of Dragon Maid if you rated the first season a 2?
@Trimethylglycine Because of information I found afterwards.
The line below is True.
The line above is False.
May 12, 12:53 PM
Oct 2016
The demon slayers are back again for their annual season this year! We begin what will be a short training season, literally its in the name. So don't be expecting any bombastic displays of animation and visual prowess. This will be the most chill season we've gotten yet or will ever have. As the name of the season implies the Hashira Training will be simply that, an opportunity for the cast to get stronger while spending time with the Hashira that doesn't involve fighting demons. In fact unless they add in some anime original scenes, like they did with Sanemi and Iguro in the premiere, then we will see zero demon fighting at all. Not a spoiler but this season will be very character focused and not kill the powerful demon focused. We got a lot of comedy and character time in this first episode of the season. The Hashira have another meeting discussing the marks that Muichiro and Mitsuri developed during their fights. Very old almost forgotten techniques to summon these marks which help fighting the demons. The Hashira themselves will have to use this training to try and get stronger to that level. Tanjiro got another new sword, Haganezuka is still too injured to get that angry, but he did add Rengoku hilt to Tanjiro sword which is nice. Tamayo being invited to the demon sister corps mansion is a big deal, before Ubayashiki dies she needs to meet with him. Her along with Shinobu can study Nezuko condition before Muzan tracks them down. Its a race against time and trying to get stronger in this arc.
May 12, 12:57 PM
Nov 2020
I think this season will be great!!!!!!
May 12, 1:09 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
If anything the Wind and snake hashira made a pretty good team. Nice to see Kanao, Shinobu and Nezuko again. Love the way the Hashira were intruduced at their meeting. Shame about their masters illness reaching the terminal phase though. The Inosuke school session were damm amusing. Tengen as a trainer really suits him. But the actual training really was hellish. Bringing Tamayo into the fold while risky is certainly an excellent idea given her knowlege. Overall though a solid Opening ep that featured a great balance of action and story advancement. As ever mighty glad that this was a extended ep.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 12, 1:09 PM
May 2021
Anime original fight scene was good and that teaser to Infinity Castle arc 🔥
May 12, 1:14 PM

May 2015
IT'S TRAINING ARCCCCCCCCCCC!!!!!!!!!!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
May 12, 1:30 PM
Apr 2022
Reply to IzanaSolos
Premiere screening of "The Roar of Victory" for the Hashira Training Arc.
https://demonslayer-anime.com/worldtour2024/info/

Koyoharu Gotouge's Kimetsu is back, possibly for the penultimate season, going into the 9-chapter Hashira Training arc.

MY FIRST STORY x HYDE's opening is definitely an improvement from the last one, though it's still decent.

The episode kicks off with about five minutes of Sanemi and Obanai anime-original scenes, or at least that's what I think. I stopped reading the manga at this point, so I'm just an anime-only viewer now and could be mistaken. It felt like filler, but regardless, ufotable's animation is always top-notch. And let's be real, it's Kimetsu — the animation is always on point. With less than 10 chapters to adapt, there are bound to be plenty of new scenes, especially during the Hashira meeting. Personally, I don't mind, especially when it means more screen time for best girl Mitsuri. Out of anything in this episode, the scene between Kagaya and his servant was a standout moment — it was beautifully executed. The soundtrack and everything else about the episode were spot-on.

You know, one thing that kinda gets under my skin when I'm watching this show is all the screaming and goofiness. I mean, I get it's part of the show's vibe, but sometimes it feels a bit out of place, especially during those more serious moments. Anyway, it's pretty obvious that this whole training arc is just setting the stage for the next big arc, which has got manga readers super excited. But hey, it's Kimetsu — we'll take whatever we can get from it. And yeah, it's becoming pretty clear that ufotable is fully invested in adapting the entire manga. I mean, those over-the-top previews with little to no editing? They're practically screaming how much cash this series is bringing in. So, no surprise they're gonna milk it for all it's worth till the very end.

But yeah, most of the episode is basically exposition. But there were some really cute moments, especially when Zenitsu first sees Nezuko in the sunlight, and pretty much everything with Tanjiro in the infirmary was hilarious. It feels like there's a lot of potential for the events in the future, but I wonder if the show can deliver on that promise. Training arcs are a common feature in shonen anime and can be maybe interesting at times. There's definitely some tension brewing among the Hashira members, and it's nice to see the return of some old faces like Tengen to assist with the training.

The great calm before the storm... is basically how I can sum up this season to be as.
@IzanaSolos
Who is the servant you mentioned? If you were referring to Amane Ubuyashiki, who presided over the meeting in place of Kagaya, she is his wife.
Just clarifying to avoid any confusion.
May 12, 1:41 PM

May 2023
good episode with cute an funny moments. following episodes gonna be good can't wait.
May 12, 1:42 PM

Jun 2014
It's been a while since I've read the manga but I definitely didn't remember that Shinazugawa/Obanai team up part. As I expected, it's anime-original so that's why it seemed so unfamiliar lol. I'm glad they added that so we can see more Hashira action.

Finally getting back into the swing of things with these familiar faces, and the focus this season will be strengthening their forces to achieve the mark and prepare for the upcoming battle to take down Muzan. I'm wondering what other original material they'll add in this season to expand on what we got from the manga.

For those who are hoping for typical flashy Demon Slayer battles, this season is not the one for that. This is the season where we actually get lore and infodumps about important in-universe information. And no, this isn't filler. This is all in the manga (before anyone who doesn't know what filler actually is starts yapping about filler).

souraia said:

If you think it's dogshit just drop it LMFAOOOO, people fr waste their time hate-watching 💀
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 12, 1:45 PM
Jul 2015
Peak animation is back. I missed it. I should have rewatched the last season before this came out.
May 12, 1:46 PM
Aug 2020
nothings better than a 50 min episode, good setup for the season
May 12, 1:47 PM

Feb 2021
The fact that Zenitsu is a lolicon will never not be funny...
May 12, 1:49 PM

Nov 2012
I was so scared when Wind & Snake were dropping into the Muzan's realm that I was holding my breath. I didn't even realize it until I let it out. Although we've never seen him unbandaged, I think the demon corps boss is related to Muzan and that they look alike. I don't know why I think that. It just popped into my head.

I thought we saw someone else (I wanna say Zenitsu) get a mark when doing a breathing technique.

I didn't recognize Tengen until I saw his wives. He's gotten a lot flashier.

What's with Tomioka? Is it possible he already has the mark? Or is he afraid of the power it brings?
dragynfaerieMay 12, 2:48 PM
May 12, 1:51 PM

Dec 2013
I know plenty of people dislike it but I really love the way this show juggles between serious moments, funny / lighthearted ones and plain tomfoolery, I don't know if it was just me but it was pretty cool how the Wind Pillar cuts felt so smooth and quiet, super clean cuts, thanks to Tanjirou and Nezuko now Tamayo was invited to join and not been seens just like every other demon.

The OP was fine, at the very least I don't dislike it like the previous but because of LiSA and Aimer I correlate this show more with female vocals so I hope the next OPs have female artists.

Mitsuri <3
May 12, 1:59 PM
Nov 2021
AMAZING AS ALWAYS
May 12, 2:11 PM
Jan 2017
So excited for this season
May 12, 2:22 PM
Mar 2023
One of my favorites has finally arrived, Kimetsu is a masterpiece and I hope we have new anime that come close to it!
May 12, 2:29 PM
May 2017
I already saw the episode back in February in theatres. I didn't like the filler padding ufotable did where 2 hashira find the infinity castle and don't discuss it at all. Big oversight of a filler. My first comment outside of my My Hero comments lol. I am more invested here than in my hero.
May 12, 2:44 PM

Jul 2023
I sure didn't expect Aizen's voice coming from that crow lol.
Episode was nice, didn't feel that long even with the extra length and the additional scene with Iguro and Sanemi. This arc isn't going to be very exciting since it's a training one, but if the opening is of any indication I think the last episode it's going to be exciting.
May 12, 2:45 PM

Jan 2008
Other sequels need to learn from this. Its anime original content was a great way to draw viewers back into the show. If it wasn't there then a good amount of the episode would have amounted to just talking and you know everyone totally wants another TenSura 5 episode of talking or My Hero Aca with 4 episodes of flashbacks.

I sometimes forget how good the show looks. Story wise, last season's villains set such a low bar, I hope this season's won't be as mediocre.
PaulMay 12, 3:12 PM
May 12, 3:08 PM
Aug 2018
Amazing as Always!
May 12, 3:12 PM

Feb 2020
Reply to Dinoe
This 'movie', is an example of how not to make a movie.

Pretty much 75% copied from the 'Kimetsu no Yaiba: Katanakaji no Sato-hen' season. And that combined with a 8 minute recap of the 3 seasons before it.

Not worth the money nor time to go to the cinema for. The noises when the movie 'ended' were horrible; it didn't even end properly.

A family was sitting next to me at the cinema. One woman in there had only seen season 1. Needless to say; they were confused. Having a movie that is part of a movie should be possible without having seen the source material (One Piece, Hero Aca, etc.). But this movie falls flat for both fans and newcomers.

I've seen something happening like this before; with the Goblin Slayer movie. Half recap, half new content. Shortly after that, the Odd Taxi movie; 95% recap and only 5% new content. I have no idea what anime studios are smoking these days, but this ain't looking good.

(Also; why do 40% of watchers give this a 5/5 stars? I didn't knew the fanbase would has such a... special opinion.)
@Dinoe well they love the characterers and want to know more story from them, id you already loved them you Will watched that anime but id you didn't love the characterers or story' around them you Will hated it, don't worry this always happened. And we still need to know more about the other Hashira so when (if you know you know) happen we would be rooting for them other than just 3 ep and straight to (that).
May 12, 3:14 PM

Feb 2020
Reply to Hesmiyu
@Hesmiyu because he never seen it lol, this happened all the time.
May 12, 3:16 PM

Feb 2020
Reply to Boomfus
Boring. Nothing happened
@Boomfus do you watched it? Or you never seen any anime? Maybe movie? Tell me why are you boring? You said nothing happened? Like what? Don't run buddy.
May 12, 3:17 PM

Feb 2020
Reply to Ventus_S

Btw I thought Hashira never go on mission together, but this episode proves me wrong. 2 Hashiras go on mission together.
They have intel, they have target, they have location, so tell me why they didn't bother to send 2 Hashiras ?
Instead they send Tanjirou and his friends , whom are very low rank among the Demon Slayer group at that time.
@Ventus_S you want spoiler? I can tell you...
May 12, 3:18 PM
Feb 2024
I'm excited, I wanna know more about Giyu as well.
May 12, 3:22 PM

Feb 2020
Reply to thebrentinator24
It's been a while since I've read the manga but I definitely didn't remember that Shinazugawa/Obanai team up part. As I expected, it's anime-original so that's why it seemed so unfamiliar lol. I'm glad they added that so we can see more Hashira action.

Finally getting back into the swing of things with these familiar faces, and the focus this season will be strengthening their forces to achieve the mark and prepare for the upcoming battle to take down Muzan. I'm wondering what other original material they'll add in this season to expand on what we got from the manga.

For those who are hoping for typical flashy Demon Slayer battles, this season is not the one for that. This is the season where we actually get lore and infodumps about important in-universe information. And no, this isn't filler. This is all in the manga (before anyone who doesn't know what filler actually is starts yapping about filler).

souraia said:

If you think it's dogshit just drop it LMFAOOOO, people fr waste their time hate-watching 💀
@thebrentinator24 they need attention or they died lol. Like (look at me IM important) idiot I loved.
May 12, 3:25 PM

Oct 2017
Reply to thebrentinator24

souraia said:

@thebrentinator24

Ok I know why Hashira teamed up now. It's anime original.
Make sense cuz if manga has this part, the author would know that it'd contradict to her previous flower district arc, cuz if they sent 2 Hashira to flower district during that arc, they could have obliterate Upper moon 6 without much trouble.

I always thought they gonna go with the excuse of "Hashira is too busy so they can't cover the same area" shit.
Ventus_SMay 12, 3:31 PM
May 12, 3:29 PM

Oct 2017
Reply to Lizsaki
@Ventus_S you want spoiler? I can tell you...
@Lizsaki Nah I already got my answer
This part is anime original so it doesn't has to make sense.
May 12, 3:31 PM

Apr 2016
Not a bad start to the season, it was good to see Zenitsu and Inosuke again since they were largely absent from last season
I'm still wondering how long this season is gonna be, I think it would be kind of odd to just adapt the Hashira Training arc since it's such a small arc, we'll see what happens
May 12, 3:33 PM
Jun 2023
My first ever episode discussion, here goes

I really enjoyed this first episode! I loved the beginning part with Obanai and the Wind Hashira, especially when they jumped onto a crack in the roof into the Infinity Castle… I have a feeling that when Amane said something about the Demon marks, she was saying something like “you are going to die or sacrifice yourself”, but obviously they cut out the dialogue to leave it suspenseful. I’m really curious about that. Also I noticed in the ending, it showed Gyomei’s and Shinobu’s weapons. That could foreshadow their deaths? I really hope that’s not true though because Shinobu is one of my favorite characters. I’m looking forward to episode 2!
May 12, 3:48 PM

Jan 2021
Demon Slayer is back with the Hashira training arc.
I know this arc doesn't contain much but this episode went so quickly despite being 50 minutes long. Time flies when you are enjoying stuff.
Apart from the original scenes, Himejima's presence was the best part along with the Osts. My man will soon be getting his spotlight. The Op is cool. I liked the previous one more but that Tanjiro vs Muzan scene was amazing.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

May 12, 4:11 PM
Aug 2020
finally back

it was a good episode

the beginning was well done

i'm already excited for the ep 2!!!
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
May 12, 4:15 PM
Dec 2020
Reply to Ventus_S

@Ventus_S hashira typically do not go on missions together but sometimes they do! If you remember in season 1, giyuu and shinobu got paired in the mt. natagumo arc.
May 12, 4:19 PM

Nov 2011
This episode's first few minutes were amazing. Clearly they wanted to make an impression and Ufotable of course, delivered. Obanai Iguro has such an incredible unique fighting style that almost looks like art. Shinazugawa's fighting style was also amazing to watch. They managed to make that fight into a bloody massacre.

That meeting was tense but we still got meme moments from Mitsuri Kanroji. Zenitsu seeing Nezuko again was peak comedy.

With all the prep talk and info dump, no wonder this arc is about Hashira training. Zenitsu didn't seem thrilled about it. All of the sake of defeating demons! Exciting start for the arc for sure.
May 12, 4:26 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
So demon slayer is back with its Hashira training arc. It is the shortest arc in the manga spanning only 9 chapters so what I’ve heard is it will only be 5 episodes. The anime only Sanemi and Obani sequence in the beginning was nice, and a cool look into some of what they can do, but it was only used to pad time. All the set up for this season will be in preparation for the best/longest arc in the series so anyone who is complaining/upset about how short this season is just hold out it will be worth it.
YagamiLight_1212May 13, 9:12 AM
May 12, 4:30 PM

Mar 2016
This summarized how I feel about this new “season” extremely well.

May 12, 4:35 PM

Sep 2017
Was a pretty enjoyable start to a new arc. Feel like Zenitsu was more annoying than usually, but maybe I'm just forgetting how he usually is. The action sequence at the beg of the ep was very cool. I have higher expectations for this season despite how the last one was pretty mid.
May 12, 5:09 PM
Aug 2022
I have nothing but respect for master Kagaya.

The op song is so good I love the song and visuals
May 12, 5:25 PM
Aug 2017
Awesome chapter, i loved it. It felt short even tho it's longer than usual
May 12, 5:42 PM

Apr 2024
Pretty enjoyable. Ufotable never miss in animation.
May 12, 5:44 PM
Sep 2022
Omg, amazing!
This episode whas increrible.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Who were those 3 women?

BipulGamer07 - May 27

37 by 28G »»
1 hour ago

» Officially Confirmed to be 8 episodes

OvergrownRover - May 27

26 by Purple_Element »»
2 hours ago

» Return of Hantengu

OroficB06 - Yesterday

15 by SweatyFingers »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Hashira Geiko-hen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

IzanaSolos - May 26

107 by thebrentinator24 »»
9 hours ago

» shortcomings

Leon888 - May 26

14 by LeonhartAugust »»
12 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.