Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 26, 3:21 PM
Dec 2017
After watching the 3rd episode and still hating the lack of information that isn't from Ufotable (like the number of episodes, what they will adapt, etc...), I noticed some flaws in the story of this episode:
1- The fact that Tanjiro hasn't become a pillar, there are 2 free places in the pillars and I wonder why Tanjiro still isn't one, he faced 2 crescent moons 2 times and always managed to come out victorious and now you can clearly see which one he is at the level of a pillar, so what else does he have to do to become one? This inattention on the part of the mangaka bothers me a lot, it would have been a nice thing to finally see him as a pillar as Rengoku had foreseen (perhaps together with Kanao who is the one closest to their level)
2- I don't understand Uzui's retreat, ok he is debilitated due to the lack of a hand and the loss of an eye, but he is still stronger than most demon slayers, as Obanai said: having him in that state is better than not having him present, so I don't understand why they say he's sad because he won't be able to help when the time comes if he can help much more than other demon slayers
3- This may be nonsense, but why are they all men in training? we don't see a female even by chance, yet in the series we glimpsed girls in Hashira's body (excluding Kanao, shinobu and mitsuri), the fact that ufotable doesn't put girls (maybe it will put them in the next episodes? ) in the background is very annoying to see
May 26, 3:38 PM
Aug 2022
Leon888 said:
After watching the 3rd episode and still hating the lack of information that isn't from Ufotable (like the number of episodes, what they will adapt, etc...), I noticed some flaws in the story of this episode:
1- The fact that Tanjiro hasn't become a pillar, there are 2 free places in the pillars and I wonder why Tanjiro still isn't one, he faced 2 crescent moons 2 times and always managed to come out victorious and now you can clearly see which one he is at the level of a pillar, so what else does he have to do to become one? This inattention on the part of the mangaka bothers me a lot, it would have been a nice thing to finally see him as a pillar as Rengoku had foreseen (perhaps together with Kanao who is the one closest to their level)
2- I don't understand Uzui's retreat, ok he is debilitated due to the lack of a hand and the loss of an eye, but he is still stronger than most demon slayers, as Obanai said: having him in that state is better than not having him present, so I don't understand why they say he's sad because he won't be able to help when the time comes if he can help much more than other demon slayers
3- This may be nonsense, but why are they all men in training? we don't see a female even by chance, yet in the series we glimpsed girls in Hashira's body (excluding Kanao, shinobu and mitsuri), the fact that ufotable doesn't put girls (maybe it will put them in the next episodes? ) in the background is very annoying to see

Here I can answer all these questions fine

1. To become a hashira you must either kill 50 demons and be rank kinoe. Or slay one of the twelve. In tanjiro’s case every single time he has fought an upper moon he has had a considerable amount of help.

2. Tengen said himself he would retire after fighting an upper rank if i remember correctly. It’s just something him and his wife’s agreed on. Nothing else to it really

3. There are female demon slayers in fact there are plenty of them. There were some in the first season. Idk why but they’ve been showing mostly men for some reason. But yes there are plenty of women slayers.

Edit: Remember the word hashira is just a title, sure you get perks for being one but at the end of the day it’s a title. So even if tanjiro has the powers of a hashira which currently I wouldn’t say he does (yet) he may not gain the title. But regardless a time will come we’re he is as strong as a pillar. Even if he doesn’t get the title
May 26, 3:44 PM

Apr 2021
I wouldn’t call these shortcoming or flaws, maybe questionable and confusing
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

May 26, 3:50 PM
Nov 2023
Phantom_373 said:
Leon888 said:

1. To become a hashira you must either kill 50 demons and be rank kinoe. Or slay one of the twelve. In tanjiro’s case every single time he has fought an upper moon he has had a considerable amount of help.

2. Tengen said himself he would retire after fighting an upper rank if i remember correctly. It’s just something him and his wife’s agreed on. Nothing else to it really

3. There are female demon slayers in fact there are plenty of them. There were some in the first season. Idk why but they’ve been showing mostly men for some reason. But yes there are plenty of women slayers.

Edit: Remember the word hashira is just a title, sure you get perks for being one but at the end of the day it’s a title. So even if tanjiro has the powers of a hashira which currently I wouldn’t say he does (yet) he may not gain the title. But regardless a time will come we’re he is as strong as a pillar. Even if he doesn’t get the title

Agree to 1 and 2. And if we talking about 3 ‐ I think the reason is that in the manga it is portrayed in this way, mostly men and in hashira training were shown only men plus Kanao if I remember correctly
May 26, 3:54 PM
Aug 2022
DarkBasilisc said:
Phantom_373 said:

Agree to 1 and 2. And if we talking about 3 ‐ I think the reason is that in the manga it is portrayed in this way, mostly men and in hashira training were shown only men plus Kanao if I remember correctly

Still tho it is kinda strange, that all of a sudden Shinobu, Mitsuri and kanao are the only women demon slayers to exist.

Like I know for a fact there were women slayers in s1. Idk I guess there are more men. Kinda random but I don’t really care that much.
May 26, 3:57 PM
Nov 2023
Phantom_373 said:
DarkBasilisc said:

Still tho it is kinda strange, that all of a sudden Shinobu, Mitsuri and kanao are the only women demon slayers to exist.

Like I know for a fact there were women slayers in s1. Idk I guess there are more men. Kinda random but I don’t really care that much.

Dunno, maybe as simple as that the target for this manga and anime were oryginally young boys, it is shounen anime so weight is put on boys
May 26, 4:02 PM

Apr 2020
Reply to Phantom_373
Leon888 said:

@Phantom_373

This.

Listen to this guy, Leon-Kun. He's right.
May 26, 4:30 PM

Jul 2015
1. While Tanjiro is very talented and shows a lot of promise, he still has a long way to go. In latest episode we could see him actually keep up with a hashira, who was crippled, not using his weapon or choice, overall heavily handicapped and even in his prime was considered 2nd weakest. Even Tanjiro acknowledges this himself.

2. Uzui was planning to retire even before Entertainment District arc once they defeat Upper Moon. Him being crippled actually cemented the decision.

3. Females are totally part of Demon Slayer corp and three named girls are not the only active fighters (we have seen some during Mount Natagumo arc), but why we haven't seen any sweaty, muscular girls running around was not explained, nor is that much relevant.

May 26, 4:38 PM

Apr 2019
You had the answer to the first two questions in the anime.

1. Tanjiro is not a Pillar because he neither has the highest rank nor has he killed 50 demons or a higher moon. He did behead demons, but with more than half the help of others. He practically received these beheadings on a platter and he has to do it himself for it to count

2. Yes, I see Tengen's wasted potential here. At the request of his wives, he left to live in peace, but with his power he could easily carry out a normal mission. a regular Pillar, even a wounded one, is worth about 100 regular demon slayers as seen in these episodes. The author simply doesn't develop much of the characters who once did something, so she got rid of him.

3. in the manga it was the same. Maybe the author didn't want to draw women. note that these guys are identical in appearance and with women you would have to try harder, so it's probably laziness XD
May 27, 1:36 AM

Jul 2015
Reply to Jollyne7

1. Tanjiro is not a Pillar because he neither has the highest rank nor has he killed 50 demons or a higher moon. He did behead demons, but with more than half the help of others. He practically received these beheadings on a platter and he has to do it himself for it to count

2. Yes, I see Tengen's wasted potential here. At the request of his wives, he left to live in peace, but with his power he could easily carry out a normal mission. a regular Pillar, even a wounded one, is worth about 100 regular demon slayers as seen in these episodes. The author simply doesn't develop much of the characters who once did something, so she got rid of him.

3. in the manga it was the same. Maybe the author didn't want to draw women. note that these guys are identical in appearance and with women you would have to try harder, so it's probably laziness XD
Jollyne7 said:

That's wrong, actually. Requirement for becoming Hasira is slaying a Lower Moon demon on top of 50 regular demons. Dani and Gyutaro were were the first Upper Demons to be slain for over a century, yet we have Hashira in current generation.

May 27, 2:16 AM

Oct 2013
Reply to Piromysl
Jollyne7 said:

That's wrong, actually. Requirement for becoming Hasira is slaying a Lower Moon demon on top of 50 regular demons. Dani and Gyutaro were were the first Upper Demons to be slain for over a century, yet we have Hashira in current generation.
@Piromysl Well, akshually, there three ways of becoming a Pillar. 🤓

Two are, let's call them, "regular", dedicated to every Demon Slayer of Kinoe-rank (the highest rank before becoming a Pillar). To prove that the candidate is eligible to be promoted to a Pillar, so they are skilled and experienced high enough, they need to 1) slay 50 demons as a Kinoe-rank Demon Slayer, or 2) slay one of Twelve Demon Moons. Since Upper Moons are considerably stronger than Lower Moons, in practice, only Lower Moon demons were killed by Pillar candidates. After all, there have been so, so many years since anyone heard about an Upper Moon demon successfully getting destroyed in a fight. That's why conjoined effort of Tanjiro, Zenitsu, Inosuke, Nezuko, Tengen and his wives, all battling Daki and Gyuutarou and winning the fight in the end, was a huge deal once everyone heard that UM 6 was no more.

The third method, which is more elite and justifies having its own category, is becoming a Pillar by becoming a Tsuguko of the existing Pillar, getting trained as heck in a certain Breathing technique, and thus, in the end, inheriting the seat in case said Pillar resigns or gets killed.

Of course, there needs to be a free seat among the Pillars to make it possible for anyone eligible to join their ranks.
May 27, 7:50 AM

Apr 2019
Reply to Piromysl
Jollyne7 said:

@Piromysl I forgot to write about lower demons. You can kill 50 demons, or one higher or lower moon. The higher moons are too strong, so most of the Pillars probably got their titles by defeating the lower demons, or the few dozen of them with the highest rank, of course.
May 27, 5:34 PM
Jan 2021
Phantom_373 said:
DarkBasilisc said:

Most of the women you saw in s1 were kakushi(people who guide Tanjiro to the swordsmith village or take the injured people after battle). You gotta remember that demon slayer is set in the Taisho era, women for the most part were doing nothing except stay at home and cook for their husbands, it is normal for there to be few female slayers
May 27, 5:38 PM
Aug 2022
Tan_2 said:
Phantom_373 said:

Most of the women you saw in s1 were kakushi(people who guide Tanjiro to the swordsmith village or take the injured people after battle). You gotta remember that demon slayer is set in the Taisho era, women for the most part were doing nothing except stay at home and cook for their husbands, it is normal for there to be few female slayers

Yeah true I guess, there were definitely still female slayers though. But yeah I guess the Demon slayer corps just has more men
May 28, 6:25 PM
Voltekka!
Sep 2017
Reply to Jollyne7

@Jollyne7 Wasted potential? If you wanna talk about that, you should look no further than Obanai Iguro and to a lesser extent, the love pillar Mitsuri Kanroji (at least she knows what's screentime, unlike her husband). "Screentime, what's that? Sorry, I don't her." Tengen got an entire arc for himself and the writer used him well there.
May 29, 7:07 AM
Mar 2021
@Leon888 because ubuyashiki is ill rt now and planning the final battle with his wife,and tamayo is here in the head quarter's so ,they are just moving forward focusing on big plan, but after the training they might have given him but muzan will arrive and turn the things around,infact tanjiro was there around the head quarters tht time,so they might have given him if muzan didn't come .
Anime Rules the world
May 29, 7:19 AM
Mar 2021
@LeonhartAugust Hey it was the main plot of story and that's why it is masterpiece and fast phased,see ill explain this mastermind theory
1st tanjiro
2nd with zenitsu and inosuke
3rd Hashira single battle with akaza( power levl teat (hashira vs upper moon)
4th hashira and his subordinates (tengen would have died without nezuko)
5th 2 hashiras and tanjiro,genya
6th Every hashira( war )
7th final battle (end game) this was fast phased and amazing character development with each story and moving forward but still love hashira kanroji was under rated (not mention she was tired of fighting whole night in village ) and tokitos fight was very quick i wanted see more strategic battle like tengen for both of them.
Anime Rules the world

More topics from this board

» Episode 7 will air in 40 minute timeslot and episode 8 in 60 minute

MegamiRem - Yesterday

41 by Dan_ALves »»
27 minutes ago

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Hashira Geiko-hen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Softhenic03 - Yesterday

66 by Bro22 »»
1 hour ago

» Okay, someone should make a montage of all of Tanjiro's Hashira training and add either one of these song's to it.

HollowIchigo58 - Yesterday

4 by HollowIchigo58 »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Hashira Geiko-hen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kashimo_Official - Jun 2

159 by Lollipop975 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Hashira Geiko-hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Softhenic03 - May 19

137 by Alisa_kim »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.