Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 27, 12:58 AM
Feb 2021
The Blu ray for this season has listed the arc to be 8 episodes
https://x.com/aninewsandfacts/status/1794996648785109193?s=46&t=nW7RNkmPmXuI90GgZFooZA
May 27, 12:58 AM
Feb 2021
They making this series for all it’s worth lol
May 27, 1:11 AM

Apr 2024
Let the milking continue
May 27, 1:31 AM
Aug 2023
This is just ridiculous.
Why the hell do you make 8 episodes out of 9 manga chapters?
The Hashira Training Arc is by far the most boring and unnecessary arc in Demon Slayer.
The budget could be better spent on the two final arcs instead of this one.
May 27, 1:58 AM

Apr 2020
They could easily make a season with 2 arcs in it but no...
May 27, 2:18 AM

Oct 2013
Good amount of episodes. This whole arc will be adapted faithfully and surely enriched by a lot of awesome anime original scenes, allowing every Pillar to shine and expanding the whole portrayal of the event (Pillar Training) itself.
May 27, 4:10 AM
Dec 2020
isnt this old news?
May 27, 4:14 AM
Negator

Mar 2022
SAMESOULS_319 said:
This is just ridiculous.
The Hashira Training Arc is by far the most boring and unnecessary arc in Demon Slayer.

They’re making it 8 episodes to build upon the missed opportunities that the manga had with this arc. Obviously not as exciting as the other arcs, but having some down time and seeing more character interactions is nice. They’ve done well with the anime original scenes so far. Skipping this arc isn’t any better than just adapting it in a short season
May 27, 4:14 AM
Mar 2022
I heard that KNY's manga got rushed ending, it started to rush everything after a certain point or something. I also heard that this arc is worth only about 3-4 episodes

so are they adding Anime Original Content to make the pacing not feel rushed or something, cuz we didn't get recaps yet so I am pretty sure they aren't going Toei Route

or a big maybe, is the author making them change the story for the anime?
May 27, 4:30 AM
Jul 2018
I’ve enjoyed all 3 episodes so far as an anime-only watcher, so if the rest of the episodes have the same quality, I’m fine with it.
May 27, 5:19 AM
Jan 2024
Yeah, I'm having a good time the first 3 episodes. I won't mind getting to see a little more of the Hashira with some good comedic interactions and training scenes. Patience friends! :)
May 27, 7:33 AM
Mar 2024
I love it so far they can take their time, how more episodes how more content how longer I can enjoy.
May 27, 7:42 AM
Mar 2021
yeah definitely i was just calculating it 8 eps,3rd episode was amazing it was from just 1 page,they are putting lot of efforts in it,I'm enjoying it ❤😘👌
Anime Rules the world
May 27, 8:13 AM
Feb 2021
I actually have found this season to be MUCH more enjoyable than other non-fighting parts of prior seasons. Limited screaming and crying for comedic purposes.
May 27, 12:02 PM
Aug 2021
even if we had to wait another year they still shouldve js made the infinity castle arc wit this js been a movie or smthing 🤦🏻‍♂️
May 27, 5:45 PM
Jan 2021
SAMESOULS_319 said:
This is just ridiculous.

This arc is anything but unnecessary?
First of all, it is the calm before the storm, you see the characters interacting, having more screen time and developments. If they skipped all these you would be confused as to how they are stronger in the next arc
Secondly, it is a buildup season for what’s to come, with interesting foreshadowing and basically muzan’s search for nezuko while the hashiras prepare
Finally, a criticism for the manga was that it was too fast and we didn’t see enough of the characters, the anime is “fixing” that now. I am glad they are extending this arc and so far it has been really good
May 27, 10:39 PM

Jul 2016
8 episode training arc alr
May 27, 11:28 PM

Oct 2013
Reply to Tan_2
SAMESOULS_319 said:
This is just ridiculous.

This arc is anything but unnecessary?
First of all, it is the calm before the storm, you see the characters interacting, having more screen time and developments. If they skipped all these you would be confused as to how they are stronger in the next arc
Secondly, it is a buildup season for what’s to come, with interesting foreshadowing and basically muzan’s search for nezuko while the hashiras prepare
Finally, a criticism for the manga was that it was too fast and we didn’t see enough of the characters, the anime is “fixing” that now. I am glad they are extending this arc and so far it has been really good
Tan_2 said:
That's another thing I don't get when manga readers complain about the additional, anime original content. During the times when manga was still being serialized, lack of content, especially during this arc, but not only (Swordsmith Village arc could have benefitted from some additional chapters expanding this arc as a whole), was mentioned quite a lot of times, on various occassions when talking about Kimetsu no Yaiba manga. I could see people complaining about the previous seasons not having too creative anime original scenes (mostly they were action scenes expanded with extra choreography); others, like me, weren't satisfied from not seeing simply canon content appearing in sources other than the manga implemented into the anime (it could've blended splendidly, if you ask me). Right now, we see many folks, manga readers included, complaining about getting quality anime original content or expanded scenes known from the manga. Weird, if you ask me.
May 28, 7:18 AM
Apr 2020
Tbh I like the extra content added in this arc. It is great to know more about the Hashiras before we go to demon fighting mode.
May 28, 8:47 AM
Jul 2023
Thank fuck I ain't tryna watch 12 episodes of this wass
May 28, 2:25 PM
Apr 2021
Easily could’ve put this arc into last season in that case
May 28, 4:26 PM
Nov 2016
So 8 episodes huh? this arc ain't that good so I don't mind.

It's better this way, the arc after this one will have a lot of fighting so it's better if they put all their effort into animating the next arc.
May 28, 8:04 PM
Dec 2017
Reply to Adnash
Tan_2 said:
That's another thing I don't get when manga readers complain about the additional, anime original content. During the times when manga was still being serialized, lack of content, especially during this arc, but not only (Swordsmith Village arc could have benefitted from some additional chapters expanding this arc as a whole), was mentioned quite a lot of times, on various occassions when talking about Kimetsu no Yaiba manga. I could see people complaining about the previous seasons not having too creative anime original scenes (mostly they were action scenes expanded with extra choreography); others, like me, weren't satisfied from not seeing simply canon content appearing in sources other than the manga implemented into the anime (it could've blended splendidly, if you ask me). Right now, we see many folks, manga readers included, complaining about getting quality anime original content or expanded scenes known from the manga. Weird, if you ask me.
@Adnash The problem is not that this story arc has extra content, the problem is that the season only focuses on this arc, if it had been a 25 episode season where it also included the never-ending castle arc, I don't think there would be were problems a bit as if Jujutsu kaisen season 2 had put 5 episodes of Gojo's past and 18 episodes of the Shibuya arc, but seeing only one season of training is a joke because you already know that nothing will happen... lol. I myself had complained about the fact that ufotable had not added content when it could for example during the mugen train in episode format they could add the backstory of Enmu and also that of Rengoku based on its spin off, in the 3rd season they could add the backstory of Gyokko? they didn't do it but here we are adding filler after filler just to earn more in what will be the worst season of all because no one gives a damn about this season, we know that everyone wants the castle of infinity, lol
May 28, 10:25 PM
Jul 2022
Guys just enjoy this arc for now cuz infinity castle arc will be depressing & stressful ( I am not giving spoilers just alerting)
ChayasriMay 28, 10:31 PM
May 28, 11:44 PM

Oct 2013
Reply to Leon888
@Adnash The problem is not that this story arc has extra content, the problem is that the season only focuses on this arc, if it had been a 25 episode season where it also included the never-ending castle arc, I don't think there would be were problems a bit as if Jujutsu kaisen season 2 had put 5 episodes of Gojo's past and 18 episodes of the Shibuya arc, but seeing only one season of training is a joke because you already know that nothing will happen... lol. I myself had complained about the fact that ufotable had not added content when it could for example during the mugen train in episode format they could add the backstory of Enmu and also that of Rengoku based on its spin off, in the 3rd season they could add the backstory of Gyokko? they didn't do it but here we are adding filler after filler just to earn more in what will be the worst season of all because no one gives a damn about this season, we know that everyone wants the castle of infinity, lol
Leon888 said:
The problem is not that this story arc has extra content, the problem is that the season only focuses on this arc, if it had been a 25 episode season where it also included the never-ending castle arc, I don't think there would be were problems a bit as if Jujutsu kaisen season 2 had put 5 episodes of Gojo's past and 18 episodes of the Shibuya arc, but seeing only one season of training is a joke because you already know that nothing will happen...
Hmm... But it's just the way ufotable chose to adapt KnY anime. At some point, starting from the Entertainment District arc (or even earlier, from the Infinite Train arc's episodic TV version), they decided to focus on one arc at a time when it comes to TV series adapting the source material.

It's a matter of one's preference, really. I don't mind having a more wholesome and less dynamic story arc, but to each their own. Although, I'd like to point out that anime only fans have no idea what the next art will be like, and manga readers should know that the Pillar Training arc is important to the story itself, even if it's a short one. Not to spoil anything, it's far from "just training where nothing happens".

As for the Pillar Training arc itself, it felt really underwhelming in the manga format, but it was due to its length and fast-paced storytelling, or, in short: technical aspects of its presentation. As a story arc itself, it was far from being the worst arc of that manga. That's why this season may be like giving it a chance to shine in its own regard and to be as relevant as it should've been in the source material.

I can't say much regarding JJK anime, because I'm not familiar with it. However, while it's only my opinion, I wouldn't trade the Pillar Training arc with many anime original scenes for adapting it as it was in the manga, or even rushing it, for the sake of moving faster onto the next arc, which is longer than the Pillar Training one.

Leon888 said:
I myself had complained about the fact that ufotable had not added content when it could for example during the mugen train in episode format they could add the backstory of Enmu and also that of Rengoku based on its spin off, in the 3rd season they could add the backstory of Gyokko? they didn't do it but here we are adding filler after filler just to earn more in what will be the worst season of all because no one gives a damn about this season, we know that everyone wants the castle of infinity, lol
Ayy yes, it's upsetting to see that so many opportunities to adapt canon stuff alongside the original manga were wasted, so we didn't see things such as Rengoku's first mission (I liked the filler episode from the Infinite Train arc TV series, but I was surprised it wasn't that one-shot, short story about Rengoku going on his first mission; it was created by Gotouge-sensei, so it could have naturally fit to the story arc focused on Kyoujurou Rengoku), Uzui Tengen's backstory (it was only teased in the opening), or many canon and non-canon things that could've made Swordsmith Village arc shine more on the story level, because its animation and art were impeccable. I wasn't surprised to not see Gyokko's backstory ignored by ufotable. I wasn't even disappointed that much, because judging by how the adaptation had been handled earlier, it would be exceptional to see those kinds of things adapted. Still, it's a shame. That arc was underwhelming in the manga and its technical flaws weren't fixed by the anime, in my opinion.

Anyway, going back to the Pillar Training arc, I'm enjoying it so far and I'm glad we're getting so many anime original improvements over the source material. Better later than never, as they say, haha. What's more, I've been a fan of seeing the next arc adapted foremost in the movie format for several years already, so well... I'm perfectly fine with seeing Hashira Geiko-hen TV series if it's meant to be a prelude to a kino movie trilogy. ;pp

On a side note, it's always great to see another person dissatisfied after how Gyokko as a character was treated in the SSV arc, when talking about adapting official canon stuff which belonged to other sources than the original manga. Audio and visuals related to scenes with him were totally awesome looking. Too bad that in the anime only viewers were not given a chance to even have a glimpse at how messed up his backstory was, and how well it corresponded with his twisted behavior as an overpowered demon with pots.
May 28, 11:54 PM

Jan 2009
welp i was hoping the rumors was wrong
May 29, 4:30 AM

Oct 2013
its so sad... manga is already finished and they still cant finish animating it 😭

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Hashira Geiko-hen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Softhenic03 - Yesterday

73 by blackcatop »»
2 hours ago

» Episode 7 will air in 40 minute timeslot and episode 8 in 60 minute

MegamiRem - Yesterday

41 by Dan_ALves »»
6 hours ago

» Okay, someone should make a montage of all of Tanjiro's Hashira training and add either one of these song's to it.

HollowIchigo58 - Yesterday

4 by HollowIchigo58 »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Hashira Geiko-hen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kashimo_Official - Jun 2

159 by Lollipop975 »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Hashira Geiko-hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Softhenic03 - May 19

137 by Alisa_kim »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.