Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 21, 2016 5:22 AM

Sep 2011
Can one of the card makers make the badges for the comedy challenge? ;_; I just... can't get motivated with it >.>;; lol

@lycheejane @Rinarin @AngelBeatsYui
Oct 21, 2016 8:41 AM
Jul 2018
I would but I'm not home until next Friday, unless you don't mind waiting...
Oct 21, 2016 8:55 AM

Mar 2014
riho88riho said:
Can one of the card makers make the badges for the comedy challenge? ;_; I just... can't get motivated with it >.>;; lol

What about these?

I just picked some random comedy shows from the first comedy page of mal, so we have at least some simple placeholder badges, but if you have specific shows in mind let me know.
Card Deliveries
Oct 22, 2016 6:14 PM

Aug 2015
Rinarin said:
riho88riho said:

What about these?

I just picked some random comedy shows from the first comedy page of mal, so we have at least some simple placeholder badges, but if you have specific shows in mind let me know.

*wheezes* I want that Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou badge. The badges look phenomenal.
Oct 23, 2016 7:37 AM

Mar 2014
Changed the colours a bit on the first one, so reposting all. Whoever can put them up, just pick the one you like (for the Working on)!

@riho88riho didn't see any feedback so I didn't change anything on the rest. If you want other series, let me know.

@AYOSHINA <3
Card Deliveries
Oct 23, 2016 7:52 AM

Feb 2010
I think all three badges look great, but I think I'd save that Bakuman badge for somethign else. Contrary to Gintama or Danshi Kokousei, comedy is not really a focus on Bakuman. Sure, has a couple scenes here and there like pretty much every shounen, but's not a focus at all.

If the plan is using things that haven't already been used, then a possibility would be moving Danshi Koukousei to Medium and using Working for Easy. If not, you could always just put One Punch Man at Medium difficulty.

.. Oh, and I just remember Bakuman is actually the 2012 badge, so being something already used shouldn't be an issue.

Again, I think that Bakuman badge is great, and I actually love Bakuman, so it'd be great to save the design for something else in the future... I'm sure it'll have a chance to be used.

People need societies, but they don't necessarily need nations. - Yang Wen-li
Oct 23, 2016 5:17 PM

Aug 2015
@riho88riho boo, looks like we exceed the word count max for the HoF again (Genre-Based). Could you created another Genre Based header that way I could fix it up. Please & thank you!

Also x2 badges needed for Movie-Per-Day, Special-Per-Day, and OVA-Per-Day.
AYOSHINAOct 23, 2016 5:32 PM
Oct 24, 2016 4:32 AM

Sep 2011
@Rinarin - they took great! ^-^ Sorry, my computer was a bit on the uncooperative side this weekend (still working on getting files backed up and stuff) so didn't get on till now. I'll go ahead and use the ones you posted already (@Akai_Shuichi Gintama is technically going to be the badge for 2006 so that would also technically be an overlap - at this point I'm not as concerned as long as there isn't a series that's being overly used for badges)

@AYOSHINA will do, thanks!
Oct 24, 2016 7:21 AM

Feb 2010
@riho88riho @Rinarin
And actually, after checking a bit, Gintama also has a History Badge... but I agree with you on that having a series with more than one badge shouldn't be a problem now with all the challenges we have. But that said, then, if possible, I would insist with saving that Bakuman badge for something else in the future and use something else. Like I said, I love Bakuman, but I think we should have things where Comedy is the main genre. Danshi Koukousei is a great choice and so is Gintama, but for the other difficulty, here are a couple recommendations:

One Punch Man
Seto no Hanayome
Ouran Koukou Host Club
Working!!
Nichijou
Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
SKET Dance
School Rumble
Detroit Metal City
Hataraku Maou-sama
Azumanga Daioh
Sakigake!! Cromartie Koukou

I think any of them would work better (these are just examples... there's a ton of comedy-focused anime out there).

Oct 24, 2016 8:42 AM

Mar 2014
@Akai_Shuichi @riho88riho

I didn't check at all tbh for what has been used before, I just used three random ones from the first comedy page as I mentioned, so your list helped!

What do you think of these for Medium and Hard? (I think you mentioned those two for replacement)

The OPM one is quite fitting to the challenge, imo (considering the pic used, lol). Or we could just include all in the post and people can use what they'd prefer.
Card Deliveries
Oct 24, 2016 9:01 AM

Feb 2010
@Rinarin
Even without being as much of a fan of OPM as most people, I actually think that OPM badge is hilarious. Fits the challenge perfectly.

I was actually fine with the Gintama badge, by the way. The one I thought should be replaced is the Bakuman one because, like I said, comedy is a very secondary genre there... but that OPM badge is great, I'd include it as an option.

I was thinking, and that Bakuman job could go well in something like a "Jobs Challenge" (mangaka, astronaut, doctor, etc.. anime about a real job).

Oct 24, 2016 9:10 AM

Mar 2014
Akai_Shuichi said:
@Rinarin
Even without being as much of a fan of OPM as most people, I actually think that OPM badge is hilarious. Fits the challenge perfectly.

Glad to hear that!

And same here, I found the badge hilarious, especially since it's the "Hard" one.

I was thinking, and that Bakuman job could go well in something like a "Jobs Challenge" (mangaka, astronaut, doctor, etc.. anime about a real job).

Oh boy, that sounds like it would be a hard challenge, especially if it will require main characters to fulfil the criteria >.<

Though, I don't think there would be issues with reusing series for the genre challenges. As long as they aren't used for too many, it doesn't sound bad.
Card Deliveries
Oct 24, 2016 9:36 AM

Sep 2011
@Rinarin
Both have been added - went ahead and kept the Bakuman and Gintama badges there for options. Them being used for this challenge won't prevent Bakuman being used for something else, @Akai_Shuichi especially if ya go and make that challenge ya just semi-suggested XD haha
Oct 24, 2016 9:41 AM

Feb 2010
True enough, I'm a firm believer in options. Extra options are always a good thing.

Oct 24, 2016 10:41 AM

Apr 2010
The irony, of course, being that both these series were already used in badges (User Ratings for SKET Dance, Adaptations for OPM)... ^_^
Oct 24, 2016 5:37 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
@riho88riho I think we should add somewhere in the first post for the Unrated Challenge that Conquered badges can't be requested anymore.... since your comment saying so it's a bit down to be seen at once.
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1511558

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Oct 25, 2016 5:01 AM

Sep 2011
@SheyCroix added disclaimer ^-^ thanks for noticing!
Oct 28, 2016 4:57 AM

Sep 2011
Once again the image site I used decided to crash (well, not really; more like they were cut off from their host or something... either way, this leaves me once again with image hosting problems).

I've finally given up and just decided to host them on my personal website to hopefully avoid this big mess going forward. Problem is, because it's my personal site I don't think y'all will be able to help out much. >.< Good thing I have a full weekend to work on this now... lol
Oct 28, 2016 2:18 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
@riho88riho good luck with that
... btw since you are below me in this challenge https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1522281#msg46509217
I noticed you have something wrong there, the entries you are using for R+ are all R..... well I was looking for ideas that's how I noticed xD

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Oct 29, 2016 9:44 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
I have this ready to post, but wanted to confirm just in case....
@riho88riho I'm planning on posting the Reviewed challenge suggested here https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1526338#msg47026807

Is this okay? Since it's been a while since it was checked over there

Also, apart from the requestable conquered, will this have the x2 option?

@Akai_Shuichi can you confirm the points for this one? Please and thanks~
SheyCroixOct 31, 2016 11:41 AM

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Oct 29, 2016 11:25 AM

Nov 2013
"If all (or far too many) conveniently overlap with other challenges, you may be asked to remove some of the overlapping entries." indeed sounds weird.
You all need to watch Nami.

Oct 29, 2016 1:35 PM

Apr 2010
It feels way too restrictive ; at this point, there are so many challenges available that one has to go out of their way to avoid overlap (on average, anything I complete counts for about 4-5 challenges).

Also, good luck to our inspectors to double-check this one for very active members (I currently have nearly 50 ongoing challenges, some of which are only listed on my blog - that sounds like a lot of work to verify overlaps).

The current overlap restrictions are one-to-one and have specific reasons for existing (e.g. OVA Exposure/Genres, or Adaptations/Demographics) ; something so restrictive feels completely out of place. After all, we don't have anything like this for Hints or Recommendations, right ? Those should be the template.
Oct 30, 2016 7:15 PM

Feb 2010
@SheyCroix

Right now I'm in the Patagonia, but I'll check that once I get back (probably thursday)

Oct 31, 2016 5:20 AM

Sep 2011
SheyCroix said:
@riho88riho good luck with that
... btw since you are below me in this challenge https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1522281#msg46509217
I noticed you have something wrong there, the entries you are using for R+ are all R..... well I was looking for ideas that's how I noticed xD
^///^ my bad. Thanks! Just switched their places around lol Also - you can search by rating, so you can pull up all the TV-type R+ rated series, for ideas

As for the Reviewed Challenge - Personally I don't think I want to add another conquered badge just yet >.> lol We have quite a lot of challenges that have 'em now sooo only Easy - Hard and yes for x2
Also, I'd personally allow anything reviewed as long as it's 15+ minutes total.
For airing, series must be complete before turning in challenge.
As for making list as they go or in one go - I don't really care. Probably should require them to either link to (if possibly) or reference the specific review (so we can see that the review date is after their start date, for example).
Everything else I think looks fine
riho88rihoOct 31, 2016 5:24 AM
Oct 31, 2016 11:40 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
@riho88riho
you're welcome and thanks for the tip
As for the challenge fixed that, will be posting it then

@Akai_Shuichi
no worries and thanks for telling~

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Nov 4, 2016 9:29 AM

Feb 2010
@SheyCroix

Okay, thought about it a little bit and considering it gives quite a lot of freedom to choose and with only a 15+ minutes restriction I calculated imagining 6eps series per entry, which amounted to 0.5/0.75/1.0.

But because of such freedom, I will be checking this challenge some time later and adjust it if I feel it's giving to little. But for now, I feel it'd be quite easy to simply grab a number of single episode OVAs/Specials.

Nov 4, 2016 10:16 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
Okay, and many thanks @Akai_Shuichi

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Nov 16, 2016 7:58 AM

Apr 2010
@AYOSHINA : In the Hall of Fame, could you please separate people who only did the Fate-only version of the Type Moon Challenge from those who did it all ? (Cf. the way it's done for Detective Conan or One Piece.) Thanks in advance.
Nov 16, 2016 6:09 PM

Aug 2015
Jhiday said:
@AYOSHINA : In the Hall of Fame, could you please separate people who only did the Fate-only version of the Type Moon Challenge from those who did it all ? (Cf. the way it's done for Detective Conan or One Piece.) Thanks in advance.

I haven't had the chance to do it, but I'll work on it ASAP. Thanks. NVM, just finished it.
AYOSHINANov 16, 2016 6:18 PM
Nov 18, 2016 3:26 PM

Sep 2011
Before I "go"...

I'm only going on vacation (lol) so no worries if ya misread that ;D ANYWAY! I was going to put up the Christmas before going (at abystoma2's suggestion) but realized I hadn't switched the images over to my personal hosting site yet >.> soooo it'll have to be switched to Xmas once I get back xD

I'll be in Dallas from Saturday-Monday and then in Louisiana from Monday-Friday then a TRAIN (woot woot!) Friday-Sunday and then home again~ Point is, I'll be busy and only on every so often. I will work on conquered badges, personal badges, banners, etc. when I return (totally doesn't help that my computer was down last week ;_; ugh)

I hope everyone gets to spend some time with those they love and enjoy the Holidays! I look forward to seeing ya all when I get back ;D
Nov 18, 2016 3:41 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
Take Care and enjoy to the fullest~

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Nov 18, 2016 4:29 PM

Dec 2015
Have fun, Riho ! Stuff yourself with turkey (if you celebrate Thanksgiving) or just with gooood food.
Nov 18, 2016 11:06 PM

Nov 2013
Enjoy you holidays riho!

Nov 19, 2016 2:27 AM

Apr 2016
Have a nice trip Riho ^^
Nov 20, 2016 6:19 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
@lycheejane @Rinarin @AngelBeatsYui
Hey guys, I have a request to you, as our card makers. (Sorry about it) It's if you guys want and have the time, of course.

I'm looking for donations for the Anime HiScore Challenge.
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1503646&show=0#msg45707005

You can make any based on the themes/levels specified there, and for the ones that only have riho's cards (level 10, 15, 20). We are still in batch 21 so there's no rush at all for the higher levels.

Many thanks for reading~

SheyCroix said:
Rinarin said:
SheyCroix Badges for the challenge levels or personalised cards for each participant?

No, generals cards/badges for any of the levels posted there. It doesn't have to be many either. Just to have something in at least all of the levels =D You can see the levels and themes in the Rewards post
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1503646#msg45707005
Level 01 : Weapons Equipped
Level 05 : Scenery
Level 10 : Superpowers
Level 15 : Anime Mascots
Level 20 : Supporting Characters

Level 25 : N/A (Villains)
Level 30 : N/A (Eevee Evolutions) <-- there are some for this one made
Level 35 : N/A (Couples)
Level 40 : N/A (Randomness)
Level 45 : N/A (MAL Tops)
Level 50 : N/A (GIF cards)

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Nov 20, 2016 7:12 AM

Mar 2014
@SheyCroix

I already made for 01, 05 and 10 (though I think the 10 ones won't be used since they are big). Do you need additional ones for those levels from me or should I check the later ones?

Also, do you want them all in the same size? Asking so I don't make any bigger ones like last time.
Card Deliveries
Nov 20, 2016 8:14 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
@Rinarin thanks for them! ... I only have in the thread the ones you did for level 1 and 5.... I don't remember the ones for level 10, sorry. Well if you can donate more for others level I would be very grateful. As for the size, the one you used previously is okay (or something close enough).

SheyCroixNov 20, 2016 9:49 AM

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Nov 20, 2016 9:36 AM
Jul 2018
@SheyCroix

Something like this?

(I'm going to improve it a bit, but I'm still learning about effects and things)
Nov 20, 2016 9:47 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
@AngelBeatsYui yes! like that looks good (^_^)

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Nov 20, 2016 2:41 PM

Mar 2014
@SheyCroix

Level 10 : Superpowers

Level 15 : Anime Mascots

Level 20 : Supporting Characters

Made the 20 ones slightly bigger and the 10 ones I submitted before a lot smaller (changed the art, kept the themes).
Card Deliveries
Nov 21, 2016 4:07 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
@Rinarin many thanks! \(^o^)/ looks great

@AngelBeatsYui should I add that one too?

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Nov 21, 2016 6:33 AM

Mar 2014
@SheyCroix

Didn't notice that I had a layer disabled on the lvl 20 ones, so that all levels match. Here are the fixed badges, if you want to replace them. Or just keep whichever you like best.

Card Deliveries
Nov 21, 2016 6:37 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
Rinarin said:
@SheyCroix

Didn't notice that I had a layer disabled on the lvl 20 ones, so that all levels match. Here are the fixed badges, if you want to replace them. Or just keep whichever you like best.

Replaced them~

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Nov 21, 2016 12:46 PM
Jul 2018
@SheyCroix

Sure you can add that one, the others may take a while....I'm currently drowning in school work xx
Nov 24, 2016 7:13 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
^ good luck

------------------------------

btw, we should have a dedicated thread to challenges changes. Just to keep a record.... Maybe some threads can be merged (like 2016 Anime Watching Challenge, FAQ and Rules/Explanation) .....

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Nov 24, 2016 7:36 AM

Feb 2010
Studio 4°C Challenge points: 0.75 @abystoma2

Nov 24, 2016 7:48 AM

Nov 2013
added

Nov 24, 2016 7:53 AM

Apr 2010
SheyCroix said:
btw, we should have a dedicated thread to challenges changes. Just to keep a record....

This is basically the purpose of the Newsletter archive thread, as we make a point of including every single challenge change we've heard of.
Nov 24, 2016 10:55 AM

Feb 2010
Updates because of airing series in some challenges:

Detective Conan "All" version should now give 6.00 instead of 5.75.

One Piece Challenge "All" version should now give 5.00 points instead of 4.75.

Noitamina Challenge should now give 4.25 instead of 4.00.

Has there been any KyoAni anime lately? That one was also about to go up. I'd really appreciate for the listed challenges that updates are actually specified in the log that's in the initial post.

Bones Challenge should now give 6.25 instead of 6.00.

All of these changes are only because of the many Detective Conan and One Piece episodes that have aired since I calculated the points, or in the case of studios because of the new series that have aired since (Battery for NoitaminA and Mob Psycho 100 for Bones).

@abystoma2 @riho88riho

Nov 25, 2016 6:32 AM

Apr 2010
Akai_Shuichi said:
Has there been any KyoAni anime lately? That one was also about to go up.

A bit :
- Musaigen no Phantom World: Limitless Phantom World (7 x 6 minutes ; last one still unsubbed AFAIK)
- Musaigen no Phantom World Special (23 minutes)
- Hibike! Euphonium 2 (airing, 8 episodes so far)
- Hibike! Euphonium Movie: Kitauji Koukou Suisougaku-bu e Youkoso (103 minutes)
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» [CLOSED] 🌞 May 2024 Challenge ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AWCC_admin - Apr 30

340 by acestrawbs »»
4 minutes ago

» 🟣 HiScore II 「 Anniversary Batch 143: JUN 02 | Sign Up B.143 until JUN 08 」 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SheyCroix - May 1, 2021

7290 by HimeCrycho »»
39 minutes ago

Sticky: Poll: » 🎁 Challenge Completion Rewards ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

riho88riho - Mar 22, 2016

408 by ohpishhposh »»
1 hour ago

Sticky: » ❌ Invalid Challenges ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

riho88riho - Sep 14, 2016

5561 by Bri »»
1 hour ago

» 🌊 June 2024 Challenge ( 1 2 3 )

AWCC_admin - May 31

143 by lostnyanko »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.