Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 23, 2013 5:44 PM

Jun 2012
MoonxArtemis said:
Spirai said:
I have to admit I judged the characters too quickly from the first episode. Izumiko, although she had seemed weak in the first, actually proves to just know when and who to state her thoughts to. Unlike the typical shoujo, she knows when she likes or doesn't like something or when she's scared or whatever she's feeling. However, she doesn't just bluntly state it, so people assume she's the quiet, oblivious type. I just hope that she stays consistent in this direct sort of thought where she knows herself, how she feels, and is aware of not only her abilities but her boundaries. I only hope that she becomes more acquainted with newer things but keeps this healthy direct connection of thoughts with herself.

As for Sagara (or is it Yukimusa?) and his son, well his son still pisses me off. He's too quick to judge and always yelling.

Well I agree with you completely. I already liked Izumiko, and Yukimusa still pisses me off too. I don't care what or how he was brought up. And his dad being violent and suspicious, it does not give him the right to treat Izumiko the way he does. He's a top notch Jerk, blah, kill him already.
And i'm glad Izumiko knows to dislike him, and I wonder also about that other boy with the medium length hair. He is somewhat relevant to the plot I'm guessing. I wonder what he really is.

Anyways good show. at first i thought it was only 2 ovas so I was like wth! then i saw it was 12 eps, so i'm relieved and glad. This story is kind of unique, and i always love stories with a female protagonist. :D

I'm pretty sure he just has a sort of yandere personality
Mar 23, 2013 5:46 PM

Nov 2012
It has that "Another" feeling
Mar 23, 2013 6:13 PM

Nov 2007
Trip to Tokyo (and trying to find mother) probably helped the awkwardness between them. Weird blackness that never find out what it is in this ep. scares her.

Her mother "controlling" her daughter's body a bit is... I don't get what that man explained afterwards, does that mean the girl has a power to attract something (being so important)?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 23, 2013 6:21 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
tsubasalover said:
Her mother "controlling" her daughter's body a bit is... I don't get what that man explained afterwards, does that mean the girl has a power to attract something (being so important)?
That wasn't her mother.
Mar 23, 2013 7:03 PM

Jul 2010
Some of those images Izumiko had in her mind were pretty scary (plane, train station, etc). Dark shadowy figures...
Mar 23, 2013 7:06 PM

Jan 2013
Very interesting episode. I think I am really going to like this one.

The Mother is very mysterious, I hope we get to see her eventually. She must have the same power as Izumiko. Still confused why neither parent is not in their child's life physically.

I get a feeling that since Izumiko is the "vessel" and is now more important than before Yukimasa will want to oversee her himself. I hope that does not happen. He gives off a bad vibe.
"What color do you want to be?" -Shiina Mashiro
Mar 23, 2013 7:10 PM

Nov 2007
Cratex said:
tsubasalover said:
That wasn't her mother.

So that was the blackness that has kept her scary?
Mar 23, 2013 7:11 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
mora404 said:
I get a feeling that since Izumiko is the "vessel" and is now more important than before Yukimasa will want to oversee her himself. I hope that does not happen. He gives off a bad vibe.
Somehow, I get the feeling that eventually one of the things Miyuki will end up protecting Izumiko from will be Miyuki's own father.
Mar 23, 2013 7:13 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
tsubasalover said:
Cratex said:
tsubasalover said:
That wasn't her mother.

I don't think so. I think it's a powerful spirit (kami) and those 'black things' are after Izumiko because she and that powerful spirit are somehow bound together and they want to control it.
CratexMar 23, 2013 7:17 PM
Mar 23, 2013 7:16 PM

Jan 2013
Cratex said:
mora404 said:
Somehow, I get the feeling that eventually one of the things Miyuki will end up protecting Izumiko from will be Miyuki's own father.

I agree with you there. I wouldn't be surprised to find out Yukimasa is working for someone or something else.
Mar 23, 2013 7:19 PM

Jan 2013
Cratex said:
tsubasalover said:
Cratex said:
tsubasalover said:
That wasn't her mother.

I don't think so. I think it's a powerful spirit (kami) and those 'black things' are after Izumiko because she and that powerful spirit are somehow bound together and they want to control it.

Or the black things are trying to get to Izumiko before she becomes the vessel and probably have the means to destroy them.
Mar 23, 2013 7:28 PM

Nov 2007
mora404 said:
Cratex said:
tsubasalover said:
Cratex said:
tsubasalover said:
That wasn't her mother.

Or the black things are trying to get to Izumiko before she becomes the vessel and probably have the means to destroy them.

I see. Thank you both.
Mar 23, 2013 7:29 PM

Jun 2012
mora404 said:
Cratex said:
mora404 said:

I agree with you there. I wouldn't be surprised to find out Yukimasa is working for someone or something else.

Yeah, i think so too.
But i also think Izumiko's own dad is a little freaky considering in the first episode the dad said this:

Isn't that a little creepy?
Also, i think Miyuki will eventually become nicer. i think he's that kinda character, and after developing some stuff, they'll become really good friends or something
Mar 23, 2013 7:37 PM

Jan 2013
TheLilyanna said:
mora404 said:
Cratex said:
mora404 said:

Isn't that a little creepy?
Also, i think Miyuki will eventually become nicer. i think he's that kinda character, and after developing some stuff, they'll become really good friends or something

They will definitely become friends or more.

Now that you mention it I wonder if Yukimasa is not really Miyuki's father. His lack of fatherly instincts makes me wonder what his intentions for Miyuki truly are.
Mar 23, 2013 7:45 PM

Feb 2012
Damn, I'm really diggin' this show right now, can't wait for the next episode.
Mar 23, 2013 8:08 PM

Oct 2012
The voice actress for the Himegami ( 姫神 / "Princess God" ) is different from
the voice actress for Izumiko. To me, this seems like an odd decision on the
part of the RDG producers. After all, the Himegami has to use Izumiko's vocal
chords. It would be more natural to have a single voice actress do both roles.

In the anime "Kannagi" there was an analogous situation, and they used a single
voice actress both for Nagi and Kannagi.

Izumiko is voiced by Saori Hayami: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saori_Hayami

The Himegami is voiced by Rie Tanaka: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rie_Tanaka
okanaganMar 23, 2013 8:13 PM
Mar 23, 2013 8:23 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
okanagan said:

It seemed natural to me, so much so that I didn't think anything of it, and still can't really. I do know what you're saying, but it's different expectations, I suppose.

okanagan said:
Hmm. Totally different tone, to be sure. Still I might check that out.
Mar 23, 2013 8:42 PM

Jan 2013
okanagan said:

Izumiko is voiced by Saori Hayami: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saori_Hayami

The Himegami is voiced by Rie Tanaka: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rie_Tanaka

I think in situations like this it is not about what would be realistic... i.e. the spirit using the vocal chords of Izumiko and being voiced by one actress. To me it makes sense.. they are trying to make the two characters separate. Plus, if a spirit can take over someone's body why couldn't it manipulate the vocal chords in a way that sounds like how they want it to?
Mar 23, 2013 10:27 PM

Apr 2010
It's getting more interesting, let's see what the next episode will bring us

"Can you feel that hybrid rainbow?"
Mar 23, 2013 10:28 PM

Jan 2012
So interesting!! x) But I kind of feel like it's moving too slow :/
Still, can't wait for next week!! xD

4/5

Mar 23, 2013 11:22 PM
Mar 2013
MoonxArtemis said:
Spirai said:
I have to admit I judged the characters too quickly from the first episode. Izumiko, although she had seemed weak in the first, actually proves to just know when and who to state her thoughts to. Unlike the typical shoujo, she knows when she likes or doesn't like something or when she's scared or whatever she's feeling. However, she doesn't just bluntly state it, so people assume she's the quiet, oblivious type. I just hope that she stays consistent in this direct sort of thought where she knows herself, how she feels, and is aware of not only her abilities but her boundaries. I only hope that she becomes more acquainted with newer things but keeps this healthy direct connection of thoughts with herself.

As for Sagara (or is it Yukimusa?) and his son, well his son still pisses me off. He's too quick to judge and always yelling.

Well I agree with you completely. I already liked Izumiko, and Yukimusa still pisses me off too. I don't care what or how he was brought up. And his dad being violent and suspicious, it does not give him the right to treat Izumiko the way he does. He's a top notch Jerk, blah, kill him already.
And i'm glad Izumiko knows to dislike him, :D

I also like that she said she disliked him.. It says a lot about her.. But I don't blame him at all. For one, he's a kid and acting like one, but also he sees his dad playing with his life for her sake, so his dad not really paying any attention to him, treating him like something of a lesser being then her, and even being voilent with him makes it perfectly understandable that he reject her. He is being close minded, but he's acting perfectly his age.
Mar 24, 2013 1:21 AM

Jan 2013
I liked the atmosphere and soundtrack.
Still don't understand a lot about it, just'll have to wait to see more.
Mar 24, 2013 1:41 AM

Jun 2012
That anime is a bit boring at the moment, because there is nothing happening so far apart from several "mysteries". It is unpleasant not to know, how this anime wants to progress and what it wants to show the viewer.
Building up tension and developing the character is so much harder.
All hail the Nutcracker Queen!
Mar 24, 2013 2:30 AM

Sep 2012
TheLilyanna said:
MoonxArtemis said:
Yukimusa still pisses me off too.

I guess you meant to say "tsundere" instead of "yandere". Yandere means he is in love to the point of being psychotic, which I don't think is the case here.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 24, 2013 3:09 AM

Aug 2009
symbv said:
TheLilyanna said:
I guess you meant to say "tsundere" instead of "yandere". Yandere means he is in love to the point of being psychotic, which I don't think is the case here.

I'm not sure which character TheLilyanna meant with the yandere.

Both Yukimasa (Miyuki's father) and Wamiya (medium length hair boy) could be a yandere character. Miyuki would be the tsundere.
Mar 24, 2013 3:27 AM

Sep 2012
I feel like the plot is unfolding a little too slow. Still interesting though. I must wait until next week. 4/5
"whats so special about bonzai trees?"
"They are the loli of the tree world."

Inganock of the Brightest Flame
Mar 24, 2013 5:02 AM

Dec 2007
mora404 said:
Cratex said:
mora404 said:

The huge black thing turning out to be Yukimasa's dad must be foreshadowing.

Also, I really really thought their plane's going to crash, been holding my breath the entire flight. Good thing it was short.
Mar 24, 2013 5:27 AM

Jun 2011
This episode was... interesting. But too slow for a series with 12 episodes.
Well, let's see what happens next week.
"Nobody knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite"- Rintarou Okabe
Mar 24, 2013 6:17 AM

Dec 2011
Awesome. The god like figure possessed her. I am loving this premise... and Miyuki is starting to soft down. Ooh.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 24, 2013 6:48 AM

Jun 2011
I actually felt scared in this episode. So intrigued to find out more about this 'power' or what Izumiko is.
Mar 24, 2013 7:08 AM

Dec 2011
Stark700 said:
Damn it, she is still so shy. The part on the airplane kinda freaked me out a little. I thought for a sec that she might cause the plane to go off balance. But uh ya, her power's got some issues.

I liked the tense moments in this episode.

^ things I wanted to say-

and ohh, it's somewhat getting interesting-
Wamiya's voice's so soft =w=
Mar 24, 2013 8:39 AM

Nov 2009
Shy...? I don't see her as shy. I think she's rather isolated. Like, because people always assume she's to be protected, they are actually isolating her and preventing her to change.

Even then, if she tells any of her friends, they might get sucked in with her problem just like her mother was.

I'm excited for the next episode. I'm excited about Izumiko showing her real self to Miyuki too. ^^ I'm excited for them to

Apparently this kami-vessel is a shinto practice. I wonder what god descends to Izumiko though.

"Belief is the death of intelligence." ~Robert Anton Wilson~
Mar 24, 2013 8:52 AM
Sep 2012
I really liked this episode more than the last chapter, I like that we are seeing more about the main characters.

I have a question, this story is shonen or shojo? I ask because the manga is classified shonen.
Mar 24, 2013 9:13 AM

Sep 2012
Konja6 said:
I have a question, this story is shonen or shojo? I ask because the manga is classified shonen.
The anime is based on a fantasy novel written by a female author, and for novels there is no classification of shounen or shoujo.There is just, well, novels.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 24, 2013 10:36 AM
Feb 2013
A lot better than the first episode. Looking like this'll be an interesting title.
Mar 24, 2013 11:16 AM

Jun 2011
So much better than the last episode, Izumiko looks so pretty in a kimono.
Mar 24, 2013 11:36 AM

Sep 2012
The atmosphere and the animation style and art in this anime is similar to "Another"
Mar 24, 2013 3:10 PM

Jun 2009
I was so glad that Miyuki is getting softer but then he snapped again. -_- I hope that he won't abandon Izumiko now... Also, I liked that Izumiko confirmed that he hates Miyuki. She didn't even hesitate!
Mar 24, 2013 3:21 PM

Feb 2012
Damn well I'm hooked now on this show.
Mar 24, 2013 3:28 PM

Aug 2012
Some more Lain vibes this time with the visions and people watching her. I like the mysterious feel, hopefully they'll keep it a bit mysterious and start to unravel the plot in an exciting way.

I don't think Izumiko is annoying, being weak and timid is fine since, like Spirai said, she isn't some oblivious Heroine who can't form her own thoughts. She is the way she is because she's had to grow up practically afraid of technology because she can't use it without breaking it, and left in the dark as to why she's like this.

That said, I think she'll end up getting some really good development.
Mar 24, 2013 8:55 PM

Jun 2010
This episode gave me Ayashi no Ceres vibes. And the two protagonists are still annoying.
Mar 25, 2013 5:59 AM

May 2010
Okay interesting looks like this series has more to its than meets the eye
Mar 25, 2013 9:35 AM

Nov 2012
Potential Romance?
The only saving grace for me right now with this anime is the (potential) romance between the 2 mains. It will interesting to see it develop. It's kinda obvious that the author had to present the opportunity for Miyuki to want to protect Izu and not do it because he had no choice. Also, I'm not sure but I'm starting to get the reverse harem vibes, and I really hope I am wrong.

Forced badass is still badass
So Miyuki is still a badass, he is just being forced. Ok, I can forgive him going full beta mode last episode IF he could have put up an insane fight against his father and only submitted because his father just had more exp. Sadly not the case, look like a 7 rating will be the upper limit for this one.

You made me cry by throwing balls at me
This story had alot of potential, I could have seen it being a contender for anime of the season..., and maybe it may surprise me with the coming episodes. I'm really hoping it gets better, as I do like the story and the characters. Lets hope for something better in episode 3. I'm expecting Miyuki to finally make his resolution about wanting to be with and protect Izu...., also we all should know what it means by when a young boy makes a young girl cry...., lol inb4 Miyuki was always in love with Izu but was conflicted because someone (father most likely) told him he could never be with her.

Episode Naxcore: 4.12 out of 5
Mar 25, 2013 10:04 AM

Feb 2013
I really liked the atmosphere of this episode. And it seems this anime might be better then most of us initially thought. I'm starting to get excited.
Mar 25, 2013 10:19 AM

Sep 2007
This was a random pickup by me but so far, so good! Shinsekai yori started like thus and that turned into a fantastic anime!

Mar 26, 2013 7:58 AM

May 2011
Good thing Suzuhara had Miyuki around. Not that I like him either. :P I swear I'm not turning tsundere over here. And I suppose without him she wouldn't have gone in the first place anyway. You know how that goes, without risk comes no growth.
Mar 26, 2013 12:44 PM

Apr 2011
Well that was more interesting than the first episode.

I hope it gets better.
Mar 26, 2013 4:11 PM

Jan 2011
The two mains are fine for me. Lets see if the supports and the story come to be on par. If so this could get really good.
Mar 26, 2013 7:27 PM

Dec 2011
*still confused*
Mar 27, 2013 8:31 AM

Jan 2013
Wow, this episode was great! I didn't realise there was going to be such a creepy theme behind this anime. I'm definitely looking forward to the next episode.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » RDG: Red Data Girl Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2013

199 by KempachiZaraki »»
Aug 2, 2023 11:52 AM

» This anime was horrible

Olwen - Jun 16, 2013

33 by Warchiii »»
Jul 19, 2023 5:59 AM

Poll: » RDG: Red Data Girl Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2013

82 by Stardew »»
Jul 5, 2021 2:37 PM

Poll: » RDG: Red Data Girl Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 13, 2013

89 by Stardew »»
Jul 3, 2021 11:56 PM

Poll: » RDG: Red Data Girl Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2013

209 by Stardew »»
Jul 1, 2021 8:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.