Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 17, 2010 4:07 AM

Oct 2008
That looked like fun.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Mar 18, 2010 7:03 PM

Aug 2009
Oh son of a gun this episode is just wonderful. One of the best episodes out there. I loved how they introduced a new thing called the traghetto and those new undines.

Few things that I loved in this episode were:
1. Akari nuff said. Gawddamn Akari was very awesome in this episode. Even in the beginning when she was just waiting for the traghetto line. When she was rowing, I didn't expect her to row that good. I kept shouting "OH SHT AKARI YOU GO GURL!" Everyone was praising her skills and such and made her blush too, lol.
2. The 3 new undines. Sure they were fun and awesome indeed but their inner personalities also differ which made it more fun.
3. Traghetto. I don't know why but I kept thinking Traghetto as a community college and those 3 as a dropouts, lol.

Okay so I learned that it's very hard to be a prima but if you give up when you fail, then you won't accomplish anything. You just need to keep going forward because there's really no end or boundary on where you can go, yeaa!
Apr 11, 2010 5:15 AM

May 2009
I don't know about everyone else but when I watched this episode after such a long and absolutely enjoyable journey with Akari, I can't help but be so proud of her like an old friend or a parent when the other girls acknowledged her skill.
I am a seiyuu nut. I nerd out pretty hard when it comes to Toyosaki Aki and Hikasa Youko. They seem to be such lovely people.

I'm translating Hikasa's blog which you can find here.

I just started a blog translating snippets or posts from random seiyuu blogs that I find interesting or moving. Seiyuu Blog Snippets
Apr 28, 2010 7:20 PM

Sep 2009
Looks like the series is picking up after three episodes of not really being impressive. Third season is so fresh looking compared to the first two.
May 9, 2010 1:39 PM

Jan 2010
that's it,4 amazing episodes out of 4...score xD 10/10 from me :)

<3 Aria

5/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Jul 11, 2010 6:53 PM

Nov 2007
Best episode yet ^^, love the new cast of characters introduced and just a great episode =D
Oct 2, 2010 10:36 AM

Nov 2008
Seeing new faces is so refreshing <3
Love Aria so much!

Credits for the av go to whispering-eden.livejournal.com =)
I used to be Dolce_Vitka here, but Vitka_Lynx is my nickname at alost all other sites, so I decided to take it here, too ^___^
Jan 2, 2011 11:53 AM

Nov 2007
Wonderful episode. Seeing new faces was refreshing, and the episode also tells how singles all over Neo-Venezia are putting their best to become Prima-Undines. It sure must mean a lot to actually become a Prima. But the best thing was how Akari soothed the hearts of three girls whom she just met. An amazing character, Mizunashi Akari is. I so love her! If only the world had everyone who could think like Akari, it sure would have been a beautiful place to live in!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 9, 2011 10:55 PM

May 2010
It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Sep 6, 2012 4:42 PM

Feb 2012
I also think that this is one of the best episodes in the entire Aria. You could say that it is about "working hard", but what Anzu says to alleviate Atora's anxiety is 100% true. Atora is just insanely lovely, taking their words to heart. She will definetely become a wonderful prima undine. Indeed, it isn't too late as long as you don't put an end to it yourself.
Sep 9, 2012 4:50 AM

Sep 2012
That was some good side character we got here. One of the best episode of the entire series so far.
Oct 27, 2012 5:28 PM

Apr 2012
That first oar stroke... from Akari... was magnificient...

Another ep that beautifully roots Neo-Venezia's bg even more (other gondolas and other gondoliers), with still the very high design and animation quality that seems to define Origination. Lots of emotions brought to light in a well executed way, and even the passenger were detailed and suggestive. Sugoi.
Jan 6, 2013 3:51 AM

May 2012
Great episode, the new characters and the new experience was great to strengthen the story a bit more of her life! I wonder if we'll ever see them again.

Either way great episode! And here they tell us to never give up and try the best you can!
Sep 26, 2013 12:26 AM

Dec 2012
I liked finally seeing other undines, I don't think it was a surprise Ayumi was from Himeya though, guess that tomboy nature gets passed along through it :p. Wow, the moment Akari started rowing and the music started playing, my eyes started getting watery. Such a powerfully heart warming moment, seeing how happy everyone was and how well Akari was doing. I like what Anzu had to say, it really reached out to me.

These episodes feel like they just get faster and faster.
Dec 3, 2013 10:53 AM

Mar 2009
Another wonderful episode. You guys have all said so already, but yeah, the other undines introduced in this episode made quite an impression. I hope we'll get to see them again.
Jan 21, 2015 1:25 PM

Jul 2014
I think Akari might be ready for Prima exam but she doesn't know it, yet :-)
mozgowJan 21, 2015 1:59 PM
Mar 4, 2015 5:11 AM

May 2010
Atora is hot. These girls are so interesting.

Seeing Akari's skills being acknowledged makes me very happy, you go girl! You are awesome!

Atora's smile was so precious. Glad to see Anzu motivated again. I like how Ayumi's true aim is traghetto itself.
Oct 25, 2015 8:24 PM

Nov 2010
So many new characters, too bad we won't see them much.

But still, a great episode with Akari.
Nov 11, 2015 4:46 AM
Nov 2014
Anzu = Depression level over 9000.
Nov 19, 2015 9:14 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
All 4 girls have something in common. I personally believe Akari is ready to become Prima but maybe she doesn't believe it yet.

Sep 26, 2016 12:38 PM

Aug 2015
I nearly teared up when that instrumental Undine started playing. This season seems to be starting to pick up now! Time to look up the OST...
Dec 2, 2016 11:01 PM

May 2016
dtshyk said:
This made me decide to buy the ARIA DVD this season. Inoue, Hideki did a terrific job. He did the primary animation, script, graphic direction, and playing direction of this episode.
The quality of the animation has reached to the movie-grade and the CV casting was also excellent.
The graphics of the characters were depicted so much in detail. From the fingers to the tip of the eyeblow, everything expressed the emotion of the characters; anxiety, despair, hope and happiness. Inoue did his best of best to animate one of the most attractive episodes of original manga.

I was wondering who deserved props for the high quality episode. Nice to see somebody's efforts recognized. This episode was beautiful and he or she deserve praise.

------

I know this may seem obvious but I still want to mention it anyways. When Anzu was giving her speech the camera was framing it where she was the sole shining star in the night sky. (19:57) After everybody took Anzu's words to heart, there is a shot of the night sky with 4 stars. (21:12) That was a really nice touch from the team behind this episode. It feels like those girls are all now shining in the night because of their new attitudes. So simple but I really liked how much it shows.

While Anzu may have been depressed previously, I applaud her character for teaching the girls and the audience about her philosophy/approach. Goes to show we all can learn from each other. Also, Anzu and Atora experienced rejection for failing their exams was great to watch because we haven't seen Akari's experience with rejection and it's clear she's talented from their point of views. Her talent might feel alienating to others so getting Anzu's and Atora's point of view was good on the author.

This episode's message was what I needed the past few months and maybe a year or two ago. Felt like Atora recently so hearing Anzu's relentless to keep on trying and change herself to be better despite feeling like curling up inside and being sad was inspiring. I think this was a better way of approach to displaying "once you experience rejection, try again and become better." Rejection shouldn't force you to change pathes and fool yourself into loving something you're not into like Atora did. It should drive you to become better at what you failed at and try again. Man, this episode was perfectly crafted. Without Himeya's girls confrontation, Anzu wouldn't have spoken up and delivered that speech.
Dec 3, 2016 4:01 PM
Feb 2015
really loved this episode and the 3 new cute undines
Jan 7, 2017 1:54 PM

Feb 2013
Nice episode.
It's good to see new characters.
Mar 14, 2017 6:58 AM

Apr 2016
Just re-watch this episode and it's still fresh as the first time, i don't know why but at the end of this epsidoe when Akari was running into the Aria's company, i suddenly felt like i was home, just like her.
May 9, 2017 5:27 AM

Oct 2012
What a sweet episode
I wish we can see them again in the near future
This episode summed in one sentence "Embarassing remarks are not allowed!" xD
Time to get back to our 3 main characters!
"Signature removed"
Sep 21, 2017 1:19 PM

Nov 2016
Definitely one of my favorite episodes, so inspiring and motivating and I liked the new characters too.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 28, 2019 9:51 PM

Nov 2012
First episode from this season that I loved. The first two were kinda meh imo, the third I liked and this one loved.

I love how quickly Aria can make new characters very likeable and memorable in a short period of time.

Nearly started tearing up when the instrumental version of Undine started playing.
Aug 24, 2019 4:28 AM

Oct 2018
You can definitely see in this episode that Akari was indeed more than exceeding Alicia's expectations at this point. When the other Undines note how skilled she is despite Akari constantly downplaying her abilities handling Gondola, I was pretty sure at this point she was already prepped for the Prima Test,.
Mar 11, 2020 12:06 PM

Jul 2016
Hm... Strange... There is still one "prima" undine per company?
Also in Episode 2 Amaranta tells, that in beginning every "single" undine can carry tourist for small fee and the task of entire city was grow up generation of "prima" undines.
But now Akari says, that "single" undines can carry tourists only via "Traghetto". And in the first few Episodes of "The Animation" she informs, that "pair" and "single" undines can't carry tourists without "instructors". But only "prima" undines can be instructors, isn't?
The times changes, huh?
Also there is green-uniform undine from "The Natural" season and brand new purple-uniform undine. What company they are represent? Is there any information about it?

By the way, gorgeous Episode. Love to see other undines, their life goals and their interaction with Akari
RastaManGamesMar 11, 2020 1:02 PM
May 6, 2020 10:03 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
They are all doing well
May 12, 2020 2:00 PM

Mar 2019
Traghetto episode, the new girls were random
Jun 16, 2020 12:11 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
My little girl, Ai-cwhan really changed a lot, eh? I listened her sound had a heavy tone than before. Noo, i dont want her to grow up! :(

That sounds insertion had a godly tastes. It really served well to the emotion and feeling for every talked they had. Such a sweetheart moment watching and listening both of it.

That girls talk, really full of moral lesson. Dont give up, girls! You can reach your dream, and become a great Undine! I really glad they all enjoyed their job, whatever it was. Its really served as my motivation, really....

Tragettho. Finally, something new again for the Neo-Venezia antics. Its served a ferry gondola-used to transporting goods and peoples? Such a nice idea! I would glad to used that for my usual transportation. Who could refused while the drivers of my transportation were a beautiful cute girls like them. I will actually enjoying my day!
Its nice too while seeing another Singles Undine. I found some other company, like that with Green Cap (it was seen on Natural, glad that shit not some delusion) and the Purple one. Oh well, they looked so great, there!

Again, this episode was still keep its greatness. A very welcomed for another great moment they had. The next one for Aika? Nice!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Aug 26, 2020 1:59 PM
Feb 2014
dtshyk said:
This made me decide to buy the ARIA DVD this season. Inoue, Hideki did a terrific job. He did the primary animation, script, graphic direction, and playing direction of this episode.
The quality of the animation has reached to the movie-grade and the CV casting was also excellent.
The graphics of the characters were depicted so much in detail. From the fingers to the tip of the eyeblow, everything expressed the emotion of the characters; anxiety, despair, hope and happiness. Inoue did his best of best to animate one of the most attractive episodes of original manga.

I did not find much information Inoue Hideki other than Database sites like these https://w.atwiki.jp/sakuga/pages/626.html

Do you know if he would have a twitter ? I would be very interested to see other drawings of him. If he really is the main responsible for the best frames in this episode, I would definitely buy some books having his drawing if any exists :)

I saw the book "ARIA The ORIGINATION パーフェクトガイドブック " (ARIA The ORIGINATION Perfect Guide Book), but I can't get to know if this book is mainly about staff dialogues or is it more an artwork collection. Surely both though ^^
Dec 22, 2020 3:12 PM
Apr 2014
Oh man, as soon as I started this episode I knew it was something special. I've never seen such good animation from Aria before. The characters were drawn in so much detail, and the storyboarding felt impacted. I wasn't surprised to find out that the episode was solo-animated by Hideki Inoue. He really nailed this episode. 5/5 The best episode of Aria The Origination so far out of the 1st 4.
Mar 31, 2022 12:30 AM
Jul 2018
When all of them was giggling I did it as well without hesitation, it's the magic of Aria, so wonderful, so pure.
Apr 25, 2022 5:57 PM

Mar 2018
Hmm, I wonder if Akari is far more skilled than the rest of these Undines, or if they just aren't to snuff. Either way, I really liked these new characters and hope to see them again before the season ends.
Apr 26, 2022 6:33 AM

Jul 2014
vF_Wackiier said:
Hmm, I wonder if Akari is far more skilled than the rest of these Undines, or if they just aren't to snuff.

You will get the answer later in the season :-)
Feb 17, 2023 8:32 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
What a lovely episode, it was nice to see new characters with their struggles and welcoming feelings towards Akari, as well as their respective praise once they saw what she can do. I feel bad for Anzu but also proud of her by giving the exam another chance. Alicia was right on the money about the job.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Mar 7, 2023 7:39 AM
Sep 2018
wowowow. That was amazing
Aug 16, 2023 6:24 AM

Dec 2020
They really don't interact with other undines. So this was a nice change of pace plus I really liked them!
Aug 22, 2023 7:04 AM

May 2015
Anzu is really a cute girl. Ganbare, you can do it !
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Finally found it

Brittaman12 - May 23

4 by Abesh_Aziz »»
May 25, 12:04 AM

Poll: » Aria the Origination Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dtshyk - Mar 31, 2008

318 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Mar 6, 6:50 AM

Poll: » Aria the Origination Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Jan 7, 2008

98 by Nius1 »»
Nov 9, 2023 1:50 PM

Poll: » Aria the Origination Episode 3 Discussion

StarCreator - Jan 30, 2008

38 by Jungle_Warrior »»
Sep 9, 2023 1:38 AM

Poll: » Aria the Origination Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dtshyk - Mar 24, 2008

90 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Aug 30, 2023 12:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.