Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jun 28, 2017 12:24 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Great nice last chapter, also when all the young witchs help to Akko and Diana to arrive to the missil, this tension time was beautiful!!!

8/10 for this great series have me enjoy this winter and spring!!!
Jun 28, 2017 9:42 PM

Mar 2013
Maybe I missed the explanation, but what was the deal with the moon? It was glossed over so quickly that I think I didn't quite catch why the mark on it is still impactful. Did it make people think less of witches? Did it serve as a constant drain on the magical power of those in attendance? Some other third thing? I just don't know.
Jun 29, 2017 12:03 AM
Jul 2018
hawk222 said:
Maybe I missed the explanation, but what was the deal with the moon? It was glossed over so quickly that I think I didn't quite catch why the mark on it is still impactful. Did it make people think less of witches? Did it serve as a constant drain on the magical power of those in attendance? Some other third thing? I just don't know.

Chariot went nuts due to the pressure of her magic show, lost control of her power and aimed the Shiny Arc at the Moon firing a arrow at full power. The mark is still there because there's no way to "heal" the Moon, but it's nothing more than a scar really.
Jun 29, 2017 2:50 AM

Feb 2013
That was so great!!! I loved this show so much!!!

10/10
Jun 29, 2017 3:19 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
I almost shed a tear at seeing Akko fly. Man, I just love an anime that tells you to just keep going.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Jun 29, 2017 4:11 AM

Jul 2009
It was so cool! The part where their clothes turn white was pretty cool! Also, Akko x Diana are great working together.

Ps: I still don't know why we had Andrew in all of this, he was useless...

8/10
Jun 29, 2017 6:29 AM
Feb 2014
Constanze speaks at the end. 10/10 for me.
Jun 29, 2017 9:13 AM

Mar 2009
Awesome finale. Trigger went all out. The animation was incredible.

Overall, good series. Would have liked it if Sucy and Lotte had bigger roles, but it is what it is. Akko annoyed me sometimes, but she got a little better towards the end. Loved Diana's character development. 7/10 for this one. Wouldn't mind another season or more OVAs.
Jun 29, 2017 10:27 AM
Oct 2009
If only the entire series was this good maybe I could have given it a 7 instead of a 6. But most of the show was rather dull.
Jun 29, 2017 2:10 PM

Sep 2015
Think I'm going to miss this series more out of habit than sheer affection. I liked it enough to watch it almost every week for half a year. Which is more than I can say for a lot of series these days. It had its ups and downs. And the animation might have been top notch this episode. But it definitely had a falling off point around the 2nd cour. I'll also say it kind of spectacularly failed to capture the magic of those first two OVAs. Still think the OVAs were great. From episode 1 didn't like the series as much. But it was nice and pretty consistently good and I liked this ending.

It was a little cliche honestly. Just showing every bit character gasping and cheering them on. How neatly and near robotically everything wrapped up. But it was really well animated. Centered around a fun creative chase/fight scene. And ended full Gainax mode with Akko and Diana in space. So I'll overlook stuff like how quickly Andrew's Dad flipped to being a decent person.

I liked this series quite a bit at times in spite of myself. Maybe another OVA or two or even a full length movie could be cool. I don't think it needs another TV series. But this was fine even if it was less Harry Potter and more standard Trigger as compared to the OVAs. Shiny Rod leaving was no Junketsu. But there was something kind of bittersweet about it. And Akko and Diana becoming friends was worth the 20 some odd episodes it took to get there. And I'm glad. That after she calls forth Yggdrasil and saves humanity. They FINALLY let Akko fly. Even if it was like a foot off the ground. And they had to immediately end the episode.
Jun 29, 2017 3:33 PM

Apr 2013
A 25 episode series about a young lady witch trying to achieve her dream of how to fly and by the end of the first season finally succeeds :O

Just kidding.

Constanze speaks at the end. 10/10 for me.

Jun 29, 2017 6:49 PM

Sep 2011
This series did so much right and so much wrong. Overall the quality was up there, but whoever decided to write after episode 13 should have had somebody else help with the pacing. At first it is just the misadventures of Akko, and then half way through it decides it wants to have a story, and we can really tell that the overall quality suffered for it.

I wouldn't mind seeing more misadventures and perhaps, and this part is important, a spinoff where we see more of Akko and Andrew, but it needs to have tighter control over the writing and have a clear goal from the beginning.
Jun 29, 2017 8:25 PM

Feb 2014
Very entertainment.

I love when shows which one of their focus are the slice of life pairs with different things and unusual worlds (Kobayashi-san and Demi-chan are other examples).

Like that, we don't get boring as many of the pure slice of shows out there.

8/10

Sore ja... Tia.. Freyre!

Jun 29, 2017 8:44 PM

Mar 2013
Not_Important said:
hawk222 said:

Chariot went nuts due to the pressure of her magic show, lost control of her power and aimed the Shiny Arc at the Moon firing a arrow at full power. The mark is still there because there's no way to "heal" the Moon, but it's nothing more than a scar really.

Ah, so that was all it was. Well, guess I put more thought into it than was necessary. Thanks!
Jun 30, 2017 5:55 AM

Mar 2013
Wow! That Ending is quite breathtaking and I think I almost cry seeing that Ending.
And Akko finally can fly in the end after 25 Episodes lol + Finally Constanze spoke in the End

I was hoping for a sequel, but I think it's good as it is. Pretty much will miss this show though...
10/10
Jun 30, 2017 8:00 AM

Apr 2014
Damn son! That finale is amazing! And I really like how they made it into that.
I just wish there's a sequel to this but it's unlikely, and I'm gonna missed this show.
Anyway, I'll rate this anime an 8 out of 10 score overall.
Haters always gonna hate.
Jun 30, 2017 1:10 PM

May 2015
This series had a hell of a lot of problems but overall it was still very enjoyable and I don't regret watching it. I really was disappointed in the way things were handled at times, but that didn't stop the series from being fun and having a cast of likable characters. 8/10
every single one of my forum posts is dumb and invalid except for 1, I don't claim them it was a different person it was all fake
Jun 30, 2017 3:45 PM
Sep 2012
Someone brought this up, but anyone notice Diana she was able to touch the Shining Rod, while Croix couldn't even touch it.What does that mean?

Maybe both Akko and Diana were the chosen one, or Diana was allowed to touch it because she believed in Akko and in magic, while Croix didn't.
Jun 30, 2017 10:40 PM

Oct 2008
What a beautiful awesome finals episode we have here!
The way they detached like a fuel rocket was awesome!
OST is majestic as always!
LOL all the people are giving magic to Akko & Diana...just like energy spirit ball (DBZ ref)
The Legendary Broom was right on time!
OP1 & ED1 was played again! nice!
LOL at the massing smiley face explosion!
LOL finally a the last episode! Akko finally learned how to fly with a broom!
5/5.
8/10.

Jun 30, 2017 10:45 PM

Apr 2017
SHINY ARCCCC

<3 TRIGGER, may or may not have shed a manly tear when they shot that arrow together :')
イカロス --I K A R O S D E S U-- "Hai master" <3cruise

Becoming the bell of my heart
dont click here, baka -->> https://soundcloud.com/franciscan-guitar
Jul 1, 2017 2:22 AM

Sep 2016
absolutely fantastic loved this series through the whole ride the characters really developed and became more mature and uncovered and learned many things about themselves as well as the world around them
Facta Non Verba
Jul 1, 2017 4:58 AM

Oct 2015
That was an expectable ending, where she learned to fly in the end. The series was great in beginning from episode 1 until episode 13 but really went tedious from onwards with Akko's meddling and predictable ways. I figured she would end up flying in the end.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jul 1, 2017 9:39 AM
Apr 2008
FUCKIN EPIC SO EPIC!!!
I really missed those kind of animations just like Tenggen Toppa

10 perfect STARS!!
Jul 1, 2017 11:52 AM

Sep 2008
Perfect last episode. Time to pick up something new but I doubt there will be anything that could replace an anime this much fun and relaxing - 9/10.
Jul 1, 2017 12:50 PM

Dec 2013
Beautiful ending to a wonderful series. From start to finish it kept that Trigger charm that we've all come to know and love. Loved how we ended with that epic DBZ-esque magic/ki collection from all over the globe to defeat the enemy. It's been so long since we had something as fun as that on screen. XD

And in the end, Ako finally flew by herself! So proud of her. Brought tears to my eyes there.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jul 1, 2017 6:51 PM
Sep 2012
Anyone notice that how many characters became friends or at least improved relationships through Akko. For example, Diana and Andrew, they were acquaintances, but not what I would call friends, and by the end of series they are friends. Another example Diana and Amanda, I don't know if they are really friends at this point, but they are cool with each other, which comes a long away from episode 5.
Jul 1, 2017 7:22 PM

Jan 2013
An unsurprisingly positive ending, everything worked out perfectly. 7/10
Jul 2, 2017 1:09 PM

Jun 2015
I was starting to have serious misgivings about this show throughout most of Act II. It was a bit bumpy, with lackluster animation, some of my favorite characters becoming almost entirely absent (Sucy and Lotte), and episodes that felt a lot like filler.

However, LWA had a really solid Act III which I'm happy about, and I can get behind the focus on Diana in the TV series considering her importance to the show as a whole. The finale was great, very positive, cute, and filled with energy! Overall a good show, worth watching, marred only by a slow and exposition-filled middle section. 7/10
Jul 2, 2017 10:58 PM

May 2012
Totally Trigger like Epic ending as expected! Really great ending and conclusion to this series to be honest!

I quited liked the original movie and I was really glad to see this have a full TV adaptation so all in all I must say that I really enjoyed the journey of magic of Akko and her friends.

Definitely a great anime!
Jul 3, 2017 1:48 AM

Sep 2010
I really enjoyed the way they ended this series. Nothing felt unfinished, it had an epic battle with awesome animation, and she was finally able to fly at the end. The only thing that could of made it even better is if they spelt a little more time on the characters life after the main battle just to give use a little more closure and aww moments. But all and all it was well done and a really cute and heartwarming show. It gets an 8/10 if not 9/10 for me. Definitely worth watching!
Jul 3, 2017 5:27 AM

Jul 2013
Andzl said:
I have to be honest with you
You all could see how much I love this anime, but this ending episode was meh
Like, the rocket scene should have been intense, but it wasn't because the music didn't draw that emotion out of me. Whole this Diana & Akko scene, it wasn't intense at all. Just cute. And for the great finale it should have been AMAZING, not CUTE.
I loved the ending when Akko finally learned how to fly, but that felt rushed as well.. I needed 15 more seconds at least, of their happiness and interacting with each other, so I actually feel their happiness.
The rocket scene was so damn bad I can't even begin to explain. AMAZING animation WASTED because of someone's bad directing. I don't know, I just felt very bored trough whole episode. :( And I'm sad that the finale ended that way. It's still my favorite anime of all time, but I'm disappointed with this ending

I don't know who directed this episode, but please, don't let that person direct finale ever again.

Yeah I agree. Its not as epic as Kill la Kill and Gurren Lagann's final battle.
And getting a FREAKING lifeless, robot missile with no personality as a last boss is damn disappointing.

Croix should have been the last boss and her reason for her actions are quite solid.

Did they just left Croix alone without any punishment because she 'repent'? Godamnit she almost cause a Major War

6.5/10
Jul 3, 2017 5:32 AM

Jul 2013
Comander-07 said:
Wow I cant believe I actually wasted my time on this anime.
Definition of a generic shitty show. If this is what the savior of anime delivers then anime is lost.

I really enjoyed the OVA and the movie. They had this great vibe. But the anime bored me to the point where I nearly dropped it. Like multiple times. It was just to long for how little content it had.
They had 25 episodes. 25 episodes, basically no plot in most of them and the characters where still underdeveloped. Wow. Thats an achievement.
If this whould come from your generic shitty studio it would be acceptable. But its Trigger. Studio Trigger delivered this trainwreck. I cant believe it.

Never will I forget about the totally important side characters which randomly appeared like 4 times. Characters like "Im always eating - thats my personality" and "Im the tech nerd girl which NEVER speaks". Characters like this are "filler" and thats not the problem. The problem is how the anime tried to make them actual characters but failed horribly. Characters appearing 3 times would be OK in a 12 ep anime. But in a 25 ep anime? Look at what kind of great anime with 24-26 episodes exist (like all of them) and then look back at this.
Was it better then your harem ecchi highschool magic anime of the season? Probably. Will it be forgotten when the next season starts? yes.

Im not saying this is a bad anime in general. But this could have been SO much better. The weirdest part is im probably looking forward to a second season (but I would prefer a movie).

yeah its trigger for god's sake, pretty disappointed

Its been downhill since that shitty kiznaiver cringe
Jul 3, 2017 10:16 AM

May 2009
Seems like Trigger saved up all budget for this episode! So much sakuga!
Overall this series was entertaining but I'd say nothing special. Too many clichés and most characters didn't have any progression.
Still, a fun watch 7/10
"The weak get washed away by the tides of fate...The strong drink it up."-Godot
Jul 3, 2017 12:49 PM

Aug 2015
Finally was able to watch, great finale, awesome animation as usual. Akko flew, Cons spoke and everything went well in the end. The OVA and Movie was great but the TV series was the best.

Trigger/10 'til next time,
Jul 4, 2017 1:14 AM

Jan 2012
This series has it's slow parts, fast parts, frustrating parts, and funny parts.

Everything led up to this point. All the events of this anime had to happen the way they did for the character relationships to form the way they did. The ending tied everything in perfectly.

For those few miserable critics that can't enjoy fun anime and complained about the pacing of the ending:
It's perfect. It shows how far the girls have come (especially Akko) and that they have the perseverance to pull through - with style - when it really counts.
A longer, drawn-out final battle would just ruin the character development of the series.
It just wouldn't feel right if Akko couldn't resolve this in a fast and flashy manner after everything she's gone through so far.

Little details like Constanze speaking, Croix becoming a good person again, Andrew being seen in a favorable light for his relationships with the witches, and the return of the legendary broom only go to show how well thought-out and executed this series was.

I wouldn't have anything any other way. For me, that's a 10/10.

I'd love to see more anime like this.

...however, I don't really want a second season: This show was just too good. I feel that the character development and the plot were fully utilized to their maximum potential. Nothing was left unfinished or to be desired. Everything was put into those 25 episodes as perfectly as possible.
While it might be nice to extend the story with new content, and I'd gladly watch it if they did, I just can't see it anything that happens after this point being as exciting as the events occurring thus far. I fear that the bar has been set so high that a sequel couldn't possibly live up to the original. (unless we get some more/new main characters)
Jul 4, 2017 5:07 AM

Sep 2014
People calling this any kind of good (not even speaking about the 10/10 people here. That is just an insult to the great animes out there.) Make me wanting to hang myself
One could say ... Im TRIGGERed xaxaxxa (((((

Also I have to take my last post back. I said this was probably better then your harem ecchi highschool magic anime of the season - but the bastard teacher anime was way better.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jul 4, 2017 7:25 PM
Feb 2016
that ending was so beatiful, this episode made worth it for the slow start that the anime had. best ending episode of the year so far.

8/10
Jul 6, 2017 2:10 PM
Feb 2016
One of those series that gets better as it gets along. Nice finale too.
Jul 6, 2017 4:34 PM

Apr 2011
vilmarbf said:
Wow, Nine new witches? Pretentious much?

Grow a heart.
I found the whole anime very endearing.
Jul 7, 2017 3:54 AM

Jun 2013
Well...this really changed the World huh....If this won't start Silver Age of the Magic I don't know what will. XD Golden Age is Past but Silver is here!

Croix final trick to show People of the World final fight was nice....Witch support in this Age will be High as Hell...especially when they saved the World in low-scale....

Loved the FInal fight. Absolutely cool. And that Ending ChariotxCroix moment...XD

and Finally...Akko can fly. Nice ending to one of the best 2017 Animes...Going to miss this....Need Sequel! XD
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Jul 8, 2017 2:48 PM

Jun 2013
A satisfying, if not groundbreaking finale to this heartfelt and gorgeous series. Rushed in a few aspects (especially on the "muggle" world side), but it offered a lot of well deserved payoff, with several great cuts of animation throughout.

At the end of the day, this series aimed to brighten up your day with a few silly witches and some top notch visuals. And I think it absolutely succeeded in that, at least for me. I feel lucky that I got to spend these 25 episodes with Akko and her friends.

The creators have expressed that they would be interested in doing a sequel, and I guess we'll see if that becomes reality. I'm definitely up for more! Also, shout out to team Asenshi for the excellent subs.
LeeTailorJul 8, 2017 2:59 PM
Jul 9, 2017 9:34 PM

Sep 2012
Part of the plot was Akko returning magic to it's 2nd golden age but what does it mean or how does it affect the world?

What's next for Akko? She already met her heroine Chariot and used magic to make people happy while stopping an imminent war.
Is her dream fulffiled yet or there's more?

A little epilogue would have been nice.
Hell I was expecting either a graduation or a final scene with Akko in front of a multitude yelling "Are you ready for a magical experience?"
Jul 9, 2017 10:43 PM

Feb 2017
Well I don't know how to start about this final episode.

First of all, it's a little sad to think that with this episode ends not only this anime but the last great show of the Winter 2017 season.

Second, the last minutes of the episode were perfect, watching the interaction between all the teams (Akko, Diana and Amanda teams) was all a delight, also this anime couldn't end without Akko finally flying, it was a great and cute moment.

And last but not least, this episode was overflowing Diakko all the time, I mean, there was not need of Diana staying along with Akko until the end.

100% Diakko material.

9/10
Jul 11, 2017 12:57 PM

Nov 2012
These last 2 episodes has been entertaining but also frustratingly disappointing because of the amount of convenience.
-why did the two head teachers show up just in time when chariot was being caught
-Of course croix had to lose control
-why was it being streamed
-suddenly croix can control the stream
-don't people have better things to do during a protest than be on there phones
-the two politicians i felt were too close minded.
- the response from the people who were watching was completely unbelievable considering they have no context for anything there watching to just blindly cheer on these random witches.
-the broom decided it wanted to be in the final episode
It's these little inconsistencies that heavily bogged down my enjoyment for these last two episodes. Im torn if i should lower my score to a 6 from a 7 since i still feel like it's better than that.
mewtwo21Jul 11, 2017 1:00 PM
Jul 12, 2017 7:59 PM

Aug 2012
-as if they didn't make enough bad decisions in the last handful of episodes, they omit the OP entirely on the final episode
-excuse me but why is croix being all buddy-buddy with the protags
-but... nothing happened to the moon other than it getting the symbol carved on its surface, right?
-9 witches 🤔
-she actually said it wow
-alright that broom actually looks pretty badass
-is this actually gonna be witches in space? maybe this show actually is capable of reaching its former glory, after all
-hey imagine if this was part of croix's plan all along, that would be pretty great actually
-B A K A N A
-the true grand triskelion was the friendships they made along the way
-*muffled "life will change" in the distance*
-oh hey it's a montage of the characters from when the show was legimately fun to watch
-alright those dogfight scenes were pretty swanky
-o hell yea they brought back the better OP - i fuckin love shiny ray
-actually now that i think about it maybe that was the final form of the shiny rod
-alright i got goosebumps from that, although if they called the final shot a shiny ray i would have needed to change my pants
-i actually liked the second ED better than the first one, but whatever
-also akko will be akko
-also she finally got her hat back

So, this episode somehow managed to bring back the charm that the first 12 or so episodes of the show had. it also managed to bring back a bunch of characters from the first 12 or so episodes but that's another matter entirely. But like actually, where the fuck were all the scenes like the dogfights where it was only Akko and Diana on the broom? That type of display of magic is exactly what I loved so much about the first 12 episodes, and there was an extreme lack of it in the 5 or so episodes leading up to the finale. Despite how fucking hype all of the aerial magic space dogfight went, the plot reasons behind the missile and all of that stuff were less than savory. The plot of the second half of the show was easily its weakest aspect, especially when it robbed the focus of the episodes from the magical shenanigans that Akko got herself into. The ending itself was also surprisingly decent if you just ignore every single speaking line Croix had, with Akko just being herself, elevating the status of witches in the eyes of the world, learning how to fly, and getting her hat back.

In general the show was at its best when it was just little slice-of-lifish side stories in a magical world with a total bonehead of a main character just getting into antics. When it tried to follow the whole 7 Words of Arcturus plotline, the general antics got put in the backburner in favor of advancing what turned out to be a super generic plot line. Looking back at my responses to the topics for the early episodes of the second half of the show, I seemed to like them when Croix was either tangentially present in the episode or not at all. This observation is consistent with my significantly lowered ratings for episodes 21, 23, and 24. Like, everything about Croix past her initial introduction just served to annoy me and lower my general expectations of the show. Like, she just turned out to be such a generic villain, which is something that is really uncharacteristic of the rest of the show.
Jul 13, 2017 5:26 AM

Jul 2013
That a bit cliche but still a wonderful touching finale. Akko finally flying! Muh lesbian witches saving the world! So happy ;-;
Redemption for Croix and Chariot as well. Loved all the little touches.
Jul 13, 2017 12:51 PM

Jun 2017
A great ending to a series just full of charming, easily a 9/10 and my AOTY. Would really love to see a sequel, even if it was more episodic SOL style.
Goddammit, Trigger, you can't just keep saving anime.
Jul 15, 2017 5:53 AM
Oct 2011
Gotta say they really nailed the ending, it's a shame rest of the series was so average.
Jul 15, 2017 10:18 PM

Sep 2010
Was a really neat show. Enjoyed it a lot more than I originally thought I would. Thanks Trigger.
Jul 18, 2017 9:06 PM

Dec 2012
Great finale for an average anime
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2017

160 by mineandcraft »»
May 25, 12:10 AM

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2017

117 by JVskunkape »»
May 22, 4:43 AM

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2017

152 by LFC123 »»
Mar 21, 1:12 AM

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 7, 2017

186 by trueauracoral »»
Feb 18, 7:57 PM

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2017

125 by ViSpace »»
Feb 5, 6:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.