Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Oct 6, 2014 11:25 PM

May 2014
cyclone1993 said:
Also, there's a ridiculously cute loli, so I'm on board for this!

^this. Very much this.
Oct 6, 2014 11:28 PM
Sep 2013
People don't seem to understand that it's not Trigger's original work and that they are just animating it. It's silly to compare it to Kill la Kill etc.
Oct 6, 2014 11:39 PM

Jun 2013
That was a pretty entertaining first episode, thumbs up.

Gotta say I really like all the characters so far,

Dark and Dark is uselessly awesome hahaha

The opening song felt kinda half assed but the ending song was pretty good. Looking forward to future episodes.
Oct 6, 2014 11:42 PM

Mar 2013
sillykwilly said:
I'd really like this a lot more if the main character wasn't so generic and useless....

blexx said:
Aside from Dark Flame master they are basically gods. Kind of feel sorry for him.

SansrivaaL said:
Oh god another MC who's power is pretty useless compared to the girls. WHY does this generation makes an MC male look like an idiot infront of womans that are OP.

OK, I agree with you guys. The MC was disappointingly wimpy and you just can't help feeling sorry for him. I guess, "making fun of the MC" joke isn't my cup of tea. After reading a spoiler on the actual power of Dark and Dark, still, it won't make him as badass as all the girls. Sigh...

That said, I have to admit "Good morning, Dark and Dark" and "Good night, Dark and Dark" was funny, though :) And Chifuyu-chan is cute.

If they stop with the MC humiliation after revealing Dark and Dark's actual power in the second episode, I think I'll stick with it for the humor...
Oct 6, 2014 11:50 PM

Mar 2012
Generic and not bad at all, i just chuckled a little.
i have faith in you Trigger.
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Oct 7, 2014 12:11 AM

Sep 2013
Meh first episode. I dont really know what to expect from this anime yet.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Oct 7, 2014 12:35 AM

Sep 2013

INFERNO COP BITCHES
Oct 7, 2014 12:42 AM

Apr 2012
I get the feeling the protagonist is going to annoy the hell out of me.
Oct 7, 2014 12:44 AM

Aug 2013
Well Trigger saved anime once, nobody said they had to do it twice...

It was decent. The black bar into before the OP was atrocious. Bars were huge and the animation quality in that part was awful. Got a bit better afterwards though.

MC is annoying and I hate him. Every other character is fine though. His power being worthless is karma for him being fucking irritating.

Kill la Kill boxing club reference...funny, but time to stop wringing every penny out of the series Trigger.
Oct 7, 2014 1:08 AM

Aug 2013
Woah a real Dark Flame Master...oh the fire's useless lmao.

"Good morning, Dark and Dark. Good night, Dark and Dark." I feel so bad for Andou XD
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Oct 7, 2014 1:13 AM

Aug 2010
Andou's REAL power is his overwhelming chuunibyou. Though I feel like FukuJun should have voiced him.

I like this show, and while andou is a bit painful, he's not as painful as Rikka in chuu2 mode.
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Oct 7, 2014 1:24 AM

Feb 2014
Generic and entertaining in some way.
Oct 7, 2014 2:33 AM

Apr 2013
Actually really liked this episode. Decent start. Liked the comedy too! Interesting~
Oct 7, 2014 3:01 AM

May 2013
The character designs are kinda similar to Gaworares’ but nevertheless, Saori Hayami confused me with her voice, mistaking that Mamiko Noto voiced Hatoko.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Oct 7, 2014 3:38 AM

Dec 2013
LOL IS THAT HYOUBU KYOUSUKE AT THE END!??!?!? Man it'd be hilarious if it were. Hyoubu Kyousuke from Zekkan Children Unlimited~

This first episode was pretty awesome! Its up there with one of the better animes airing this season. Though its a harem + chuunibyou, its still pretty hilarious and good. The girls are ALL worthy of nosebleed. We have the normal girl (the redhead), then we have the nice girl (the silver haired), then we got the strong girl the "oneesan" of the group (the black haired), as well as a tsundere (the other black haired) and FINALLY there will ALWAYS be a THE LOLI (the blonde haired loli). Anyways, its pretty funny and I hope that the main character's power "DARK AND DARK" will actually do something.

5/5 for this episode. A worthy show~
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Oct 7, 2014 4:14 AM

Aug 2014
Nice start of this anime, love Andou already. Dark and dark is just the best name to call it XD.
Oct 7, 2014 4:39 AM

Apr 2013
Pretty much what I expected it to be
Dark and dark is genius lol
Oct 7, 2014 5:45 AM

Jul 2013
lol it was well-animated
Oct 7, 2014 6:12 AM

Sep 2012
very funny just like chuunibyou let see what's happen next episode

Oct 7, 2014 6:24 AM

Aug 2007
No idea what I was getting myself into with this but that was enjoyable for me. If it will turn into a battle of superpowers with other people then I can at least look forward to this one.

Sent with Mal Updater
Oct 7, 2014 7:04 AM

Nov 2012
I read a chapter of the manga adaptation before, and I was laughing like crazy. But I hardly crack a smile during this episode. The way they handle the joke is really bad.

Really disappointing, I expect Trigger to do better
Oct 7, 2014 7:15 AM

Jul 2014
That was actually pretty funny. I like the character design (moe = best) and the OP/ED are fun as well. I can't really say much about the story yet since this is only the first episode.

Although I like the Dark Flame Ma... Andou, I do feel sorry for him. The girls are all so powerful, especially compared to him, so I hope he gets some better powers soon. No one likes a useless MC.
Oct 7, 2014 8:25 AM

Jan 2014
Other than the power stealing girl,didnt like the characters much.Probably gonna watch it,tho.Its not bad...
Oct 7, 2014 8:26 AM

Jan 2014
I found some of the first episode to actually be really funny, then some parts not so much. I saw some people compare this to Rokujouma, and I think that's a good comparison for sure. I'll continue watching but hopefully they don't beat the dead horse here. Although I enjoyed it for the most part, it did drag a lot for a comedy I felt, but I'll see if it improves. Still what I expected though and can't say I'm upset or disappointed, just very neutral to this series thus far.
Oct 7, 2014 9:00 AM

Jan 2013
I have to say, I appreciate the irony of having the one guy who believed in (and desperately wished for) superpowers to end up getting the entirely useless power while his clubmates get god-like powers. That said, I doubt they can mine that particular joke for more than a couple of episodes, so hopefully he learns to do something with Dark and Dark.

For my own amusement (until the anime proves otherwise) I choose to think that Ando's chuni powers broke the world, that he's basically a reality warper, and that some deep-seated insecurity led him to subconsciously give his clubmates overpowered abilities while he gets a seemingly cosmetic and useless one.
Oct 7, 2014 9:03 AM

Jan 2013
why is everyone calling this generic yet they called kill la kill original?

why is high school setting somehow more generic if there isnt kung fu in it?
Oct 7, 2014 9:13 AM

Aug 2008
And they made superpowers dull and boring.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Oct 7, 2014 9:17 AM

Jun 2008
Didn't really expect much when going into this show.
Apparently chuunibyou is the new thing in anime.

Will continue this just for Andou.
Oct 7, 2014 10:15 AM

Mar 2014
Love this show, I thought it's going to be boring but now its most interesting

I hope Andou will get his Dark Flame Master.....no I mean his Dark and Dark power up soon

Oct 7, 2014 10:16 AM

Feb 2011
I find this to be an overwhelming amount of "meh". Dropped.
Oct 7, 2014 10:52 AM

Nov 2007
kinda boring. none of the characters really stood out and the MC was a bit lame.just kinda generic.
Oct 7, 2014 11:51 AM
Sep 2012
Andou makes it for me, poor guy.

I don't mind any RomCom stuff that might come his way as he's a cool character much like Rikka from Chuunibyou.
Oct 7, 2014 11:55 AM

Jan 2013
Chibi-Alice said:

Why? because like 3 seasons ago there was a chuunibyo show?
Oct 7, 2014 1:17 PM

May 2009
Chibi-Alice said:

>chuunibyou
>new
Oct 7, 2014 1:19 PM

Dec 2009
Was those the Kill la Kill boxing gloves lol.
Oct 7, 2014 3:32 PM

Mar 2010
I was expecting a second coming of Kill la Kill and yet the MC is utterly useless and lame shit... Sigh... Oh well maybe it will get better by the 3rd episode
"Then again, if she's not my sibling, there's no bling, either" - Ararararagi Koyomi
Oct 7, 2014 3:49 PM

Apr 2013
SolviteSekai said:

Because Kill La Kill was unique. It took genre tropes and cliches, threw them in a blender and played around with them. The only thing I feel that Kill La Kill is truly visually similar to are TTGL and Panty-Stocking. If you showed someone a two minute clip of Kill La Kill they'd be able to immediately differentiate it from the glut of high school fighting shows. I don't dislike this show or anything, but if you tried the same thing I don't think this show would differentiate itself.
Oct 7, 2014 3:50 PM

Jan 2013
TheAshmanCometh said:
SolviteSekai said:

Because Kill La Kill was unique. It took genre tropes and cliches, threw them in a blender and played around with them. The only thing I feel that Kill La Kill is truly visually similar to are TTGL and Panty-Stocking. If you showed someone a two minute clip of Kill La Kill they'd be able to immediately differentiate it from the glut of high school fighting shows. I don't dislike this show or anything, but if you tried the same thing I don't think this show would differentiate itself.

kill la kill wasnt unique.

it was every other battle shounen ever if it was made by gainax.

That doesnt make it original.
Oct 7, 2014 3:55 PM

Apr 2013
SolviteSekai said:

Well, I don't want to start an argument over what we individually think constitutes uniqueness, so we'll have to agree to disagree.
Oct 7, 2014 4:01 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This was HILARIOUS xDDD

I love how the MC is full of shit and has a useless power while all of his friends got OP ones lololol

They dont even respect him XD
Oct 7, 2014 4:07 PM

Apr 2013
WhisperBit said:
I was expecting a second coming of Kill la Kill and yet the MC is utterly useless and lame shit... Sigh... Oh well maybe it will get better by the 3rd episode

why would you expect a kill la kill when this is a simple adaptation and not a trigger original anime?
Oct 7, 2014 4:08 PM

Jan 2013
TheAshmanCometh said:
SolviteSekai said:

Well, I don't want to start an argument over what we individually think constitutes uniqueness, so we'll have to agree to disagree.

i can respect that.

Tokoya said:
This was HILARIOUS xDDD

I love how the MC is full of shit and has a useless power while all of his friends got OP ones lololol

They dont even respect him XD

im assuming by the end of the series we will find out the mcs power is actually the strongest.
Oct 7, 2014 4:29 PM

Mar 2010
xSanox said:
WhisperBit said:

why would you expect a kill la kill when this is a simple adaptation and not a trigger original anime?

Well I didn't know it wasn't Trigger original (I never care to find out if anime is a manga/LN commercial or an original work) so I guess I had my exectations too high. Especially considering that one of their previous works actually had a strong and capable MC. I guess I've been spoiled by some non-useless protagonists lately so I got a bit hyped
"Then again, if she's not my sibling, there's no bling, either" - Ararararagi Koyomi
Oct 7, 2014 6:20 PM

Apr 2012
lol the MC is Chuunibyou and his power is useless xD

Chifuyu and Hatoko her character and power is my favorite :3

Nice first episode, wait for next

Oct 7, 2014 6:39 PM

Jun 2008
I know he's full of himself, but am I the only one that feels really bad for the main character? I keep thinking everyone is going to get much more powerful and him becoming just a pure liability, leaving the club, and avoiding everyone else that has powers. But I'm sure that would be asking for too much.
Oct 7, 2014 7:05 PM

Jan 2008
Wow, the girls have ridiculously OP powers. Lol at the guy's though.
Oct 7, 2014 7:19 PM

Jun 2014
That was average, but I enjoyed it. Especially the mc, he reminds me a little of okabe from steins;gate with the lamest super power ever.
I didn't come here to play, I came to win. Now lets play.
Oct 7, 2014 8:15 PM

Sep 2014
Ketsubutsu31 said:
That was average, but I enjoyed it. Especially the mc, he reminds me a little of okabe from steins;gate with the lamest super power ever.

I was wondering why no one has noticed that I mean he sounds just like Okabe

I thought this was okay little to generic but other than that I'll keep watching.
Oct 7, 2014 9:59 PM
Sep 2013
An ok start lol at the mc power seems pretty useless but I can It becoming one of major powers by the end of the show or something along those lines. I could be wrong but I hope I am not. Trigger lets see If this will be decent aleast
Oct 7, 2014 10:37 PM
Jan 2013
Is this the end of Trigger as we know it?
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Inou-Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2014

298 by dspr »»
May 12, 5:56 PM

Poll: » Best girl

q1w2e3r4t5 - Mar 26, 2019

7 by Piromysl »»
Apr 13, 11:52 PM

Poll: » Inou-Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2014

109 by gannoncannon55 »»
Jan 30, 7:07 PM

Poll: » Inou-Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2014

115 by gannoncannon55 »»
Jan 30, 6:45 PM

Poll: » Inou-Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2014

144 by gannoncannon55 »»
Jan 29, 7:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.