Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Sep 25, 2014 6:35 PM

Nov 2012
really enjoyed this series,
Sep 25, 2014 7:04 PM

Mar 2009
This show was too damn cute.

Sure, Hana returning at the last moment was cliched, but it would have been too sad otherwise. >__>

Surprisingly good show. I have to give it props for dealing with all kinds of issues, like Tami's relationship with her father, for one. It was a little bit more deeper than the regular cute girls doing cute things type of anime. I'll definitely miss it.
Sep 25, 2014 7:57 PM

Nov 2012
The overall theme of the show was great. But this show would be so much better had it fixed several flaws earlier, Machi's sudden and unnatural development, a few specific pointless and forced drama cases that could be handled differently, or minor ones like Hana's VA's forced ridiculous voice at times, and so on...

But damn, was the finale beautiful...
A miracle of the universe.
Sep 27, 2014 1:28 AM

Dec 2011
That was really good, albeit it was expected that Hana comes back to dance.

And we never saw what Naru's mom looks like. Hahaha.
Also, Masaru Sea Monk got to have his moment with Sally-sensei. Hahaha.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 27, 2014 3:01 PM
Apr 2014
Fiji said:

Also, Masaru Sea Monk got to have his moment with Sally-sensei. Hahaha.

Those two are the best :D

I'm still amazed how Sally-sensei freaked out on his shoulders about basically nothing :P was always hilarious with them around.

Man I kinda wish I'd read more manga now >.> With a few little exceptions it was really enjoyable and now it's over :(
NanashiSep 27, 2014 3:06 PM
Sep 28, 2014 2:28 AM
Jul 2018
Taisho-san said:
I absolutely adored this anime. Does anybody know what the chances are for a second season? It talked about doing another festival at the end, so I suppose there's a chance.

I haven't read the manga but it is possible. I hope watch it for sure. I tink the series was much more successfull than they first thought it would be.
Sep 28, 2014 5:26 AM

Apr 2013
wonderful finale.

such a heartwarming series, enjoyable from the the beginning to the end with some FEEEEELS moments

9/10 sometimes it got a bit too dramatic but such a lovely series

sad that it ended would love to see more but i dunno what more there is to it unless there is a time skip and you see them actually becoming professionals
Sep 28, 2014 1:09 PM

Feb 2012
Wonderful series!

Loved everything about this. All the characters were cute. The visuals were just beautiful and the music was really good! Really enjoyable to watch.

It was a good run, really hope for a season 2.
Sep 29, 2014 9:54 PM

Feb 2010
Well that was a fun ride.
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Sep 29, 2014 11:03 PM

Apr 2012
Overall, this was a pretty pleasant series. It was cute, had some nice visuals, and ended on a high note. On the other hand, a number of episodes fell flat for me due to drama that was not handled very well - Machi's relationship with her sister, being a notable example. Plus, some of the characters occasionally veered away from being endearing and more into annoying territory.

So, I'm not sure that I can quite give this series a 7... but I'll give it a strong 6/10.
Oct 1, 2014 7:59 AM

May 2010
The start felt so sad without Hana.

Dat father-daughter scene <3 I love you, Hana! Best 'average' protagonist ever, dat development!

Hana called! Run Hana run! She was really cool while climbing the wall! Good going, police-man kun. Go Hanaaa, heck yeah!

When she reached the stage, hell yeah! Been a while since I was so excited. That was so much like a celebrity, so so cool!

Dat Sally x Aniki scene, so so satisfying! Naru, you worked so hard. Everyone did... Best dance performance ever!

You go girls! You made my day! Even the ED was perfect! Man, such a beautiful episode. Beyond perfect.

1000000/10 for this episode. 9.5/10 for this anime over all. While this episode was a huge boost for the ratings, I really loved this anime in general. It was just so beautiful with all that well-written drama and all, the girls' development etc... My only complaint would be, Macchi joined a little too late. If they had given it another episode, the events would have flown even smoother but yeah I am not gonna complain much cuz this episode was just so damn epic. Been a while since I saw something so epic-ally beautiful.

Please please pleaseeee give us a 2nd season!
Oct 3, 2014 12:26 PM

Dec 2011
Seems I was right to leave this episode for the last one of the season. So many series this season ended in a rather halfhearted manner but this was such an exception.

I don't know how much they were getting nervous there, but I was definitely getting nervous for them.

And then the grand finale. Grand it was indeed.

Already got the first manga volume, and will be getting more.

It was a close-run contest, but this series takes the title of AoTS Summer 2014 after all.

And tomorrow, I start on Autumn's offerings.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Oct 5, 2014 3:43 AM

Feb 2012
Their dance brought tears to my eyes. :') (even though I already know its the same as the opening)

I'm really, really, really, REALLY glad that I watched the ending of this series last (after Tokyo Ghoul, Aldnoah Zero, and Zankyou no Terror)

It really lifted up my spirits. Hahahaha.
Oct 5, 2014 10:49 AM

Oct 2012
Best dad in this season? xD
Previously it's Honoka's dad :)

We have reach this far haven't we?
More Sally-chanxUmibozu please!! xD

Hoping for more I guess?
The OP & ED, the dances, the animation, the diamond eyes xD
I like it all
"Signature removed"
Oct 5, 2014 6:41 PM

Oct 2013
I've finally made it through Hanayamata a second time, and it was well worth a re-watch. Actually it's even better when you can watch more than one EP in an evening.

Episode 11 and 12 get perfect scores from me. Maybe I'm biased since I like a lot of SoL series, but these two were really as fine a build-up and finale as any I've seen.

Is it me, or did the adults really shine in this last episode? Hana's dad was great when he sent the Yosakoi song to Hana, and Hana' mom was just a lovely person for buying Hana a return ticket. She is either really loaded or has frequent flyer miles saved up. It was cool that Hana's dad did manage to catch some of the dancing, and mom watched it streaming.
Then we have Naru's father. He was already an endearing character, but his attempt to cover his ears when Naru said she had something to tell him was hilarious. He further wins Dad of the Year points by attending his daughter''s performance. For a moment I put myself in his shoes and thought about how impressed I would be in similar circumstances. These girls, with the backing of Masaru, put this all together on their own.
It was also nice to see Tami's father and grandmother had attended.
And Masaru's epic flag charge (The Ten Commandments!) through the crowd, and holding Sally on his shoulders so she could film was epic.

Finally, I'll conclude by partially withdrawing my previous comment that Hana's return was cliched, though it is true that Hana was expected by the fans to return and make it just on time, I have to say that the way the staff pulled it off moved it beyond cliche. Even minor details like the fact that the school Yosakoi club did not win any prizes, did not come in 3rd, and did not end up on national TV, was in and of itself cool. There is a certain understated quality to this show that I like.
Oct 6, 2014 7:41 PM

Dec 2013
Well it was awesome.

I'm gonna give it a 9/10 cause I really enjoyed every episode, only wished there was more music but the OP and ED were very good.

Also hoping for S2. Or at least a movie.

I want to see more of their dance!!!!! that wasn't enough...
Oct 8, 2014 8:57 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

Episode cute as usual.
Plot for granted, but that does not detract from the disarming simplicity with which the TV series is able to conquer the audience, and the sympathy that is lavished by the characters during the narrative.
Sin that the Madhouse, has not committed itself much in this TV version, with regard to the quality of the drawings and for scenarios, really suggestive but not reproduced at the most, particularly in this episode, we have no way of seeing two views of the city in which the TV series takes place and that they are really beautiful.
All in all, the characters are not so original, but Hana and not only that, they can be so cute and sweet that we almost forget this defect and make you want to embrace fore strong! Ahhh!
I wonder if in the future there will be a second season.
For now, my vote is 7/10!
Oct 8, 2014 9:14 AM

Sep 2011
I loved the part where the dance starts and Hana jumps into the stage like nobody's business.
It was so sparkling, shining, and beautiful. Nice end for the season. Wouldn't mind if there is a S2. I want to see more dance and...fluffy air~ ahahaha

9.5/10 for no reason.
The truth is, I kept writing here until I gave up thinking what to put here.
Oct 12, 2014 4:04 PM

Jun 2012
My objective mind tells me I should give this a 7/10, but everything else says to not care and give it an 8. Really enjoyed this, relaxing, simple, cute and quite heartwarming at times. I see nothing wrong with this series, it did what it wanted really well in my opinion.

Also at the end, potential season 2 - Culture festival's? Then it's season 3 - The nationals... I would dig that haha.
Oct 15, 2014 10:00 AM

Oct 2013
haha great final episode glad to see everyone together again at the end ^-^
[/quote]
Oct 27, 2014 11:52 AM
May 2012
I can't help but be dazzled by their Yosakoi in the end, It was really beautiful. I really thought the departure of Hana was a plot twist and thought it was handled really well but Hana came back in the end. Now that was much better.

Overall, I really loved the series. The art, the animation and even the music was done beatifully. The strongest point was the character development, it was well executed, except that there were some scenes of forced drama, which is most probably the weakest point for me.

9/10
Nov 2, 2014 7:07 AM
Aug 2012
just perfect happy ending with dazzling performance from all members
Nov 5, 2014 7:51 AM

May 2011
hopefully there's ova for culture festival and everyone in school goes yosakoi together,that would be epic

really enjoyed this series,all the girls are lovable,
wouldnt mind for s2 *fingers crossed* :p
Nov 14, 2014 10:50 PM

Dec 2011
After this episode, some would think Hanayamata has come to an end, but no! >:)

The whole ordeal is just about how they came into being. The story of Hanayamata has just begun!
raidenwarriorNov 25, 2014 4:42 PM
Nov 20, 2014 7:34 PM

Jan 2011
One of the better moe slice of life shows, not quite an 8 though.
Nov 29, 2014 4:38 PM

Jul 2013
The last episode was a perfect way to end this series overall. I was soo happy that Hana was able to perform with them. I was practically cheering for Hana to hurry up. The dance scene was the best scene I ever saw. I practically lost my breath after when I saw it.
Overall beautiful animation, soundtrack, and characters.
Solid 9/10
Dec 2, 2014 1:49 PM

Aug 2013
So, sweet ending as expected :)
What am I supposed to say...
Solid 7/10 for whole series.
It was really nice, and I'm totally not regret time spent on this show.
Madhouse did it well, which is unusual.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Dec 3, 2014 11:43 AM
Oct 2013
I really enjoyed watching Hanayamata
I liked the art style and the story, it teached me about a very interesting cultural dance and it had something unique to it.

I'll definitly watch the next season or OVA or whatever will come. :3
Dec 8, 2014 9:25 PM
AnimeLover

Aug 2011
Just finished Hanayamata and gotta say it was a nice and cute anime that was very enjoyable.
I even stayed up till midnight to finish the last couple episodes because I got some time tonight and I can say the racoon eyes I'll have at school in the morning will be well worth finishing the anime.

Hope there's more to the anime sometime so I can cheer myself up at the time.
Dec 8, 2014 10:55 PM
Nov 2013
Finally Hana made to the festival, all are back together and happy

I need a next season
Dec 13, 2014 4:28 PM
Mar 2013
While knowing how this was going to end from the previous episode was predictable, I'm really glad that they had ended it this way. I loved watching Naru standing up for herself, and truly becoming her own person. Hell; everyone changed in the series, no matter how minor it was, and it was all thanks to Hana.

And I'm not afraid to admit that I cried throughout the entire dance. It was just so beautifully done, and I wouldn't have wanted it any other way. They stuck the landing, which isn't something you can say with a lot of anime.

series gets an 8/10 for me; and a serious consideration for anime of the year.
Feb 23, 2015 12:39 AM

Aug 2010
The ending was nicely made and the whole series was just splendid. I like the part when Sea Monk makes way for Hana to go dance with the rest of the crew and of course the final Yosakoi where all of them danced. The song is still stuck in my head until now.

For a show about dancing, it focuses more on the character development which is better and learning about Yosakoi is just a bonus. it almost puts a tear in my eye when I knew it was about to end but they're dance was just colorful and dazzling. Everything just played out right in the end. 8/10.
Mar 22, 2015 7:18 AM

Dec 2010
This was a good ending, I wouldn't like it as much if it was a bittersweet one. But after all it was Hana's fault for not trying to talk her mom into what she wants from the start, I knew she wouldn't force her against her will.

Wonderful Summer anime all along. I still want a movie though.

I can't quite choose best girl between Yaya and Machi. I like Machi better though.

May 21, 2015 9:24 AM
Dec 2011
Just finished this. Anime covered up to ch 34 which took 3 years to publish. The manga should be at ch 45-47 now so even if they decide to make another season they have to wait until 2017.
AP24May 21, 2015 9:27 AM
Jun 4, 2015 5:46 PM

Feb 2013
5/5 final episode makes up for what was otherwise a below-average anime (4/10 overall).

This episode did what the rest of the anime should have... DANCING! The suspense of Hana barely making it was nicely intense because we knew she was on her way.
Dec 9, 2015 3:43 AM

Dec 2014
I just noticed that it's Hanayamata because of HAna, NAru, YAya, MAchi, and TAmi. I blew my own mind with that. As for the anime itself I didn't really care for it. I found a lot of it to be just okay and nothing really amazing. These last two episodes though were 9/10-10/10 material which is annoying since I didn't find the rest of it to hold up at all. Those last 5 minutes or so were really damn good though while the rest of the show wasn't. But for an anime that I started just because I thought Hana was cute it was pretty good.

6/10
Dec 14, 2015 6:54 PM

Aug 2015
Altough I expected Hana to make it back just in time for the festival, it still felt amazing when she did. Great finale and very well done. These last few episodes were pretty damn good but I felt like the previous were quite lacking, if it was just purely slice of life and no drama I might've enjoyed it better. The drama felt kinda forced, pointless, and exaggerated at some points.

All in all, I give it a 8/10. If we got to see more performances and little less drama it might've been 9 worthy.
May 9, 2016 7:18 PM
Mar 2016
SkyNoHoshi said:
Hmm, not bad. It is expected of Hana to join the performance.

I guess I enjoyed the anime. I swear it felt like Love Live 2.0. 7/10

True everytime i watch it i first think of love live
Jun 14, 2016 12:30 PM

Sep 2015
Hanayamata brings to life the art of yosakoi, a dance unique to Japan that is found in festivals and events country wide. A cute slice of life anime that focused it's attention on the beauty of yosakoi. Unlike many slice of life anime, Hanayamata has a central theme, yosakoi, which connects all the characters together and creates a warm story line.

The bright colors used in the show make the atmosphere feel light and fluffy. It adds to the overall cuteness of the show and at times can be very relaxing. Animation wise there were a few moments where it was obvious copy and paste was used which made the show feel a bit cheap. It didn't lower the show's score by any means but it just lowered the technical quality of the show, which for a show that wasn't going for outstanding visuals, it's forgivable.

A slice of life anime's success comes from the characters and Hanayamata does not fail in that category. Each one of them is adorable and you can't help but cheer for all of them at every twist and turn. A bit of light drama does occur but situations resolve themselves within 1 or 2 episodes. How the characters handle these scenarios is cliche and predictable but it doesn't make the show any less enjoyable.

When it comes to moe slice of life anime, Hanayamata does it's job. It gives us a good cast of characters, a suitable atmosphere and an interesting central theme to it so it's just not a bunch of characters mindlessly doing things. It was a great 12 episode series to watch and while it may hold a high ranking in my heart, other cute shows such as powerhouses GochiUsa or Non Non Biyori simply outclass it in the category. It is still worth the watch though but keep your expectations grounded.
Oct 17, 2016 8:23 AM

Apr 2009
I won't hesitate to give this show a 10/10.

I never expected this to be better than K-on! or Love Live!

This show needs more love.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 10, 2017 10:24 AM

Aug 2016
They are all adorable. The art and character design is cute. The dancing is beautiful. The music lovely. Moreover, each main character has her own character development, which is very nice development.

I still hesitant whether if should I give it a 8/10 or 9/10, but anyway I really love this series.
Aug 14, 2017 9:07 PM

Feb 2014
Waaaaaah that was so good!!! ^^ I really liked the dance, and I'm really glad that they were able to dance together (although Hana's family getting a reasonably-priced flight from America to Japan on that short notice is probably completely unlikely (along with a few other events such as actually being let into the yosakoi festival when they missed the registration period), I honestly don't really care since this show is so darn good at making you feel happy)! Onto new adventures and fun activities with the Yosakoi Club!

I'm really happy I watched this show! I really love Yosakoi, and while there wasn't a whole lot of dancing scenes in it, it was mostly pretty much related to yosakoi so that makes me happy! (lol seems like their go-to generic yosakoi song was Yocchore, I heard it in there a few times haha). There was also a good amount of drama in there. Definitely not the best drama in the world, but not the worst either...or at least to keep me invested in it :p

So I overall really liked the series! The characters were fun, the comedy when present, was generally good, I really liked the OP, and, of course, loots of Yosakoi stuffs! 8-9/10!!

I really wanna start up a Yosakoi club at my school, if only it was more popular in America :(
Dec 7, 2017 10:28 PM

Jun 2017
This was one beautiful show. The premise is very simple and unpretentious, but it delivers in 12 episodes a lot more than one could expect from a synopsis.
I liked the humor, the story (what there is of it), the characters, the animation and the music, but what really stands out is the art. The show is as much about flowers as it is about yosakoi. Here's my collection of those incredible close-ups of flowers and plants:

Feb 11, 2018 4:51 AM

Oct 2015
Beautiful , Beautiful, Beautiful.

All characters really great. Top notch animation also. 9/10
Mar 4, 2018 2:00 PM

Sep 2013
Meh...pretty predictable ending. This anime wasn't bad by any means, but it was just too whiny and drama-laden for my taste.

6/10

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Mar 9, 2018 4:52 AM

Jul 2017
Yep clichéd "made it in time" return for Hana. I would have liked it more if her reason for leaving in the first place wasn't stupid. She didn't tell her parents about the passion of her life and even if she didn't want to for some reason she could have still lied and stayed with her dad until after the festival! If both parents had gone then there wouldn't have been any option to stay, but a return may have been even more miraculous I suppose.

Also I would have liked to see the full dance instead of cutting away from time to time, but I guess animating that would be a huge effort.
Jan 13, 2019 2:09 PM

Jan 2019
Without a doubt, one of the most adorable slice of life I have seen. My only complaint is that the short length forced the studio to throw some feels scenes so early before the audience has had a chance to truly empathize with the characters.
Jun 7, 2019 11:25 AM
Mar 2018
Well it was nice and pretty feel-good schoolgirls anime about love & friendship and stuff. Kinda standardish, especially that last dance that was more idol-drooling than what you could call a traditional dance, but still a pretty good show.
Sep 1, 2019 3:42 AM
Jan 2018
When I found this show randomly, I didn't know what to expect. Honestly, I never thought it would be this good. I was pleasantly suprised by what it came to be, a story of friendship. It was a journey that I am glad to have experienced.
Apr 23, 2020 3:44 AM
Feb 2016
Fun anime and pretty much enjoy this one! The drama a bit annoying but it's worth it!!!!
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Can i ask something.....

Ghefira - Sep 5, 2023

0 by Ghefira »»
Sep 5, 2023 10:38 PM

Poll: » Hanayamata Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2014

161 by SoraKara »»
Dec 11, 2022 6:29 AM

Poll: » Hanayamata Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

omega_d94 - Jul 21, 2014

84 by mazuchi »»
Jun 5, 2022 10:12 PM

Poll: » Hanayamata Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2014

82 by Atavistic »»
Jan 21, 2022 6:09 AM

Poll: » Hanayamata Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2014

76 by Gendolfas »»
Jan 21, 2022 4:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.