Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 29, 2009 10:46 AM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I was disapointed at the ending. I only had a blur picture of the message this was trying to bring. Well, at least the background is pretty as always and rin's alive.

I still believe it would be much better if they just do the racing thing.
Mar 29, 2009 9:31 PM

Jan 2009
I agree. The anime is too short to really get into the story. And fuego is pretty weak as the "star' machine of the show. Rin didn't even ride it more than 5 times
Mar 30, 2009 4:44 AM

Aug 2008
I'm surprised you guys are disappointed, I think the show redeemed itself with the last 2-3 eps and I really enjoyed the ending. The pacing could have used a kick to the curve as the middle part had too much slowdown emoness that should have been solved under the maximum of 2 episodes, but instead took away the time from a more thorough ending. With that in mind I'll probably lower my score to a 9/10 once the euphoria is gone.

I really hope this wasn't the last time we heard of Ridobak. It could at least be licensed so I could buy it.
Mar 30, 2009 5:02 AM

Jun 2008
They've ended it pretty well, IMO. I always questioned how they would end it.

To the guys who say that they should focus on the racing. I think you've missed point of the show. Rin is a dancer, not a racer nor a soldier. So that's why she was dancing at the end.
Mar 30, 2009 6:56 AM

Mar 2008
I also enjoyed the ending. It annoyed me that Rin's depression took so long, but I'm glad she's finally over her troubles.

Overall I liked the show and I give it a 8/10.
Mar 30, 2009 8:05 AM

Jun 2008
Great ending, and a great anime. I really enjoyed this animu. Now we just need a S2.

So...Is the OST out? :3
Mar 30, 2009 8:45 AM

Oct 2008
kie_ said:
They've ended it pretty well, IMO. I always questioned how they would end it.

To the guys who say that they should focus on the racing. I think you've missed point of the show. Rin is a dancer, not a racer nor a soldier. So that's why she was dancing at the end.

i would have preferred they just kept it with a similar feel to air gear... racing with style.

fun watch anyways... aside from the emo episodes.
Mar 30, 2009 10:30 AM

Jul 2008
I'm fairly sure with that ending, there's really no room for a second season now, heh. At least they ended it off decently. I was fairly happy with the series, watching Rin dance is truly a sight.

I'll give this a high seven out of ten. Maybe that'll get bumped up to an eight after I think about this some more.

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
Mar 30, 2009 12:31 PM

May 2008
I'm not quite sure how I feel about RideBack in the end. On one hand it was rather disappointing, as it never really seemed to decide if it wanted to actually have a serious political message or if it just wanted to be all, "transforming motorcycles are freakin' cool." On the other hand I can't say that it wasn't entertaining in it's own way. It did execute some things incredibly well despite only seeming to have half a notion of where it wanted to go and what it was talking about. In the end I think I'll simply state that I doubt I'll ever revisit it or care much about it again, but I don't regret watching it either.
Mar 30, 2009 1:19 PM

Jan 2009
A valiant effort. Overall it is well done and I very much enjoyed the series. The ending was kindof a patch job but what can you expect with only 12 episodes and such a complicated plot that only seemed to really start up about halfway through. Still, I loved the animation and the characters, well most of them anyway. 9/10
Mar 30, 2009 1:33 PM

Oct 2008
I was pleased with the ending as it wrapped things up nicely without leaving too many loose ends which is pretty amazing for a show of this length. Overall, this series really struck a chord with me with its mixture of good characters, political machinations, and nifty mecha. I am giving it a 9/10.
Mar 30, 2009 2:39 PM
May 2008
In short it wasn't amazing or bad just somewhat rushed IMO. 8/10
Dead Account
Please Delete
Mar 30, 2009 4:40 PM

May 2008
I gave it a 7 / 10.

Pros:

-- overall good storytelling and emplotment
-- well-developed fictional context
-- great action sequences
-- nice visuals and use of music
-- final episode panty shot...

Cons:

-- Rin's inner-conflict wasn't so compelling and her story overall was a bit simplistic
-- the series lost its way a bit in the middle with Rin's crazy dream and then her dragging depression
-- metaphor of a dancer's vs. a RideBack's light was a bit nonsensical
-- some of the characters devolved into stereotypes, were flatter than I'd have liked, or were just unnecessary
-- not as much action as I would like

kie_ said:

Agreed.

The series nicely used a larger social / political context to cause Rin to self-actualize. Racing, like the war, was never the point.

Making this a racing show really wouldn't have made sense (as pointed out). It's just totally contrary to Rin's background. The show would have had to been written differently from the very start and then it wouldn't be RideBack in the first place. Rin's driving force is self-actualization: to live up to the memory of her mother and be the best dancer / artist she can be. This is was a necessarily internalized conflict, as her mother is dead and the series doesn't give Rin any rivals -- only antagonists (most notably herself). The closest it comes to a rival is Tamayo, but it's clear from the very start that Rin is cut from a different cloth and operating on her own level when she's on a RideBack. Consequently, racing is totally antithetical to her inner struggle, as the very presence of competition "corrupts" her motivation, shifting it away from her self. This is not to say it's not rewarding in its own way, but it doesn't jive with who she's written to be from the get-go. Even in the racing episodes, Rin spends most of the time describing how good she feels on Feugo and, though she naturally wants to be a winner, she never expresses how good it feels to be a better rider than others.
chicanerousMar 30, 2009 10:30 PM
Mar 30, 2009 7:22 PM
Apr 2008
I gave 7/10 I think the last 2 ep was decently done
but I have to agree that its a disappointing series
Mar 30, 2009 8:12 PM

May 2008
Great Series..
Mar 30, 2009 9:26 PM

Aug 2008
9/10

chicanerous said:
-- final episode panty shot...
This.
脱ぎません!_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Mar 30, 2009 9:28 PM

Feb 2008
hahah. good ending but there was a lot of things they could have done better. i really wasn't expecting much there.
Mar 30, 2009 10:16 PM

Nov 2007
i enjoyed it but as a last episode well it was way too rushed and you could tell things were left out.
Mar 31, 2009 3:56 AM

Apr 2008
I thought it was really good, her "dance", that is. :) And the music was really nice.

I agree that there were a lot of things left out, though. Like, for example, I don't understand why the girl from the "evil" side killed Romanof in the end. and what exactly happened years ago between Romanof, Kiefer and Okakura anyway? I was expecting a flashback episode sometime in the middle of the series, haha. But I guess it's understandable that there aren't any, given the short time. :P

どんなに小さなつぼみでも、ひとつだけのHappiness. :)
No matter how small the bud may be, it is just one Happiness. :)

Mar 31, 2009 6:43 AM

Aug 2007
History needed more episodes... Still good ending. 8.4/10
Mar 31, 2009 11:00 AM

Jun 2007
Very fine anime, good ending for the turn it took.

Will give it something around 8/10
Mar 31, 2009 6:58 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
downgraded from 9 to 8

First 6 episodes were amazing. After that, it was just average.

The ending could have been better. It was too anticlimatic....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Apr 1, 2009 5:36 AM

Jan 2009
More info on history would have been good but I can find out about it in manga and last two episodes were well paced.

Plenty of action and a stunning dance routine at the end.
Apr 1, 2009 7:34 AM

Oct 2008
wakka9ca said:
downgraded from 9 to 8

First 6 episodes were amazing. After that, it was just average.

The ending could have been better. It was too anticlimatic....

Unfortunately I have to agree. I thought the beginning of this series was absolutely amazing. It's character design was what made it great, but lack of development really made this series suffer. I also thought that the racing side story really wasn't needed, it was more a diversion from the true political turmoil that was happening. I was confused at the beginning of this series about the political circumstances and was really hoping that it would be elaborated upon better later in the show.

However, that never developed. The few flashbacks that were utilized only explained a very minimal amount of information. Twelve episodes was way to short for this story. I'm also hoping that there will be a second season. And yes there is plenty of material for a second season since they left so many plot holes. However the artwork, animation, character design and music really made this series worth watching. I had to give it 7/10 though because of all the holes.

The dance routine at the end was good, but I thought they focused to much on Rin's emotions by drawing them out. They felt forced in my opinion and the series suffered for it. Plus, her whole lack of spine for most of the series really was just too cliche. Rin just never really developed into a great heroin. Good? Yes. Great? Nope.
Orion1Apr 1, 2009 7:41 AM
Apr 1, 2009 11:46 AM

Jan 2008
I loved how it all ended off. It was simple, clean, didn't drag on with unnecessary elements such as dragging story or poor character development, because it was already there which was easy to understand, but most of all: it was conclusive; much of what other anime series seem to lack and never really finishing off in the end, with an ova or a sequel. But this series doesn't need a sequel because they ended it off very well by telling what exactly happened with all the characters and story. It was a happy end, and told a moral with many metaphoric elements mixed in as well.

Off note: Despite being simply a corrupt sovereignty over society lead by a single man, they tried to contrast it to the world's current state that happens since the dawn of humans began with revolutions, civil wars, and/or "terrorism" which seems to be a fairly recent concept; this all could have been the creator's way of telling everyone else of what sort of situation we're in by bringing it a little closer to home and simplified it, while at the same time adding action and whatnot with the awesome new tech factor to indulge our interests.

with other people's thoughts and diver-going opinions which everyone is of course entitled to, my thought's may have been bland, but overall: 10/10 ...which is very rare for me since I'm picky with scoring
Estoy_GordoApr 1, 2009 11:49 AM
Apr 2, 2009 12:38 AM

Dec 2008
The end fight wasn't that great,the automatic Ridebacks were crap.
And why was there snow,its already April XD
I was really dissapointed that there was no further scene after the ending credits.
The ending theme made me sad,but I still got in my head ;(

this show was full of great animation art.
I loved it from the start,but after episode 6 I only liked it.
I didn't really liked the military part,nevertheless it was well done.

Twelve episodes were too short for the plot and the characters.
After Rin got arrested the show was a bit rushed in my opinion
This show was kind of bloody in some episodes and I've never saw an ambulance
Tamayo Kataoka was my favorite character.

7/10
FabienneApr 2, 2009 5:52 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 2, 2009 5:47 AM
Nov 2007
Bluhh, somehow i have never been able to see how Ridebacks make the perfect substitute for ballet
Rideback = Manly
Ballet = Delicate...
Rin also needed a gun what was with fighting with dance...
It was a pretty alright show in the end though, better than i expected.

Apr 2, 2009 1:34 PM

Mar 2008
Mixed thoughts about the final episode. It had some great (and beautiful) action and was also a little bit touching, but on the other hand rather weak and predictable story wise with some cheesy things going on.

To expand that onto the whole series:
It had very awesome animation and art, it was also outstandingly good at the beginning and the whole concept of RideBacks is pretty cool, but starting with the ridiculous rescue action in ep 4 (?) it went downhill. The rest of the show had a boring, dragged and generic anticlimatic plot and it was really ridiculous with lots of scenes that had an unrealistic and forced feeling. Moreover there weren't any characters in this show I really cared for. Additionally the overall purpose of Rin was pretty questionable in this show. It felt more like slice of life the way her role was presented.

All in all I have to say that it's a real shame that they wasted this huge potential on such a boring and generic story. But it wasn't really THAT bad ...

... therefore a still good 7/10.
Apr 2, 2009 5:04 PM

Aug 2008
The last episode was a bit disappointing but over all the series was good. More episodes would have helped as 12 just wasn't enough to get deep in the story. I was actually hoping Rin would die in the end. 7/10
Apr 3, 2009 11:11 AM

Dec 2007
so, finally the end.
I don't get, why people are so pissed about lack of races here. it's not a mecha or Air Gear-like anime. it's about life, like a little story about one girl and her dream about dancing. RideBack is not something special like mecha or some other devices that helps author to construct the plot. here RideBack was just an environment, just something that goes without saying like bikes or cars in our world. no wonder races were just in few episodes.

it’s neither Air Gear or Initial D with it’s sport element, nor Code Geass with it’s crazy political twists. it’s just a story of one girl (who didn’t leap through time). she wanted to dance, and she finally danced in the final episode. that’s why I can’t complain about less character development. all of them has their own lives which they’ll live maybe separately, maybe together, but by all means somewhere far away from all of us, viewers.

PS but I still want to know what had happened to Kiefer...
Apr 3, 2009 6:41 PM

Dec 2007
I'm another disappoined RideBack viewer.

I thought for a show that started out sooooo promising, the ending was just really weak. Rin runs around, smashes a few robots and... oh yeah! The GGP goverment collapsed and so everyone is free now! Yeah! Eh.
Apr 4, 2009 3:16 AM

Jan 2008
I think Rideback is far from a disappointment, though I do think the plot need some improvement. The story is not anything epic, but it is interesting nonetheless. I think people just expect way too much out of it, and hoping it to be something like Ghost in the Shell or Code Geass.

For those who are complaining about the ending being too open, they will probably make a sequel to tie up the story sometimes in the future. *Fingers crossed*

I give the show a 9/10, for its originality and top-notch animation quality.

Apr 4, 2009 8:52 AM

Sep 2008
I REALLY LIKED THIS ANIME even ttou its so short , i belive if this was a 24 long anime it would habe been a masterpiece. mmmm it was nice that at the end we had a glimpse of her panties ( at last) and it was funny that during th battle fuego shutted down
overall 9/10 and i wouldnt mind a second season
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Apr 4, 2009 2:51 PM

Jun 2008
Rushed, but what can you expect with 12 episodes...
8/10 for me

Apr 5, 2009 5:26 AM

Oct 2008
Holy shit, this episode was terrible. There were THAT many cliches and overall dumb things that happened.
Even the very end was cliched with the snow falling down as soon as the fight was over.

Seeing anime like this makes me wonder what happened to all the good directors.
Apr 7, 2009 2:18 AM

Nov 2007
Well, that was pretty anti-climactic and cliche. =/ "Feel good" last ep, I guess. Meh.
Apr 7, 2009 6:00 PM

Jan 2009
No problem here. All episodes fine with me. Panty fan service was natural at least.
Apr 8, 2009 7:05 PM

Oct 2007
Wow this was asinine. So somehow just because the reporter somehow found the GGP's backers and CEO's, they called off the attack? Wtf? Why did that GGP lady shoot Romanov just when he was about to kill the terrorist leader? Were they friends in the past? How did Fuego magically repair itself? Why did those automatons stop shooting at her and simply go for the grab approach especially when they were on a rampage and shooting cop cars?

This whole show had ridiculous character actions and it seemed almost everybody lacked common sense. The ballet part was done pretty well and the action was pretty fluid. It was initially pretty original but they kinda fell flat.

7/10

"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees." By Emiliano Zapata
Apr 9, 2009 2:46 PM

Apr 2007
Eh, an average show in the end. Started out interested but didn't quite seem to go anywhere. Probably could've done better with 20+ episodes instead of 12, but I would've be bored to tears before the end.

6/10
Apr 11, 2009 11:47 AM

Oct 2008
This is the end? Somewhat disappointing...

Not much happened...

Is this a generic ending? Nothing out of the extraordinary, perhaps too ordinary and plain. Oh well, the least to say.. I didn't put the series on-hold when I felt like doing so earlier. Whenever I put a series on-hold, chances are I won't be watching it for a few months and if it falls into the plan to watch list, I might not watch it at all even though it isn't dropped. Nonetheless, this anime isn't very interesting, a little boring.. I had almost felt asleep while watching this episode and the previous one.
Apr 15, 2009 8:42 PM

Jun 2007
I thought the ending was very well done. Sure there was a lot of unanswered questions but for this type of anime it's understandable.

With that said, the way the ended it definitely gives them an opportunity to do a DVD only episode just tying up some of the loose ends. If they don't release one I wont be sad. I still found this series to be very enjoyable.
Apr 15, 2009 10:47 PM

Sep 2007
[01:49:48 A] [&Wasabi] that was kind of corny
[01:50:01 A] [&Wasabi] she had killer robots on her ass and all she wanted to do was dance for a dead bitch

/me whistles

It was still an enjoyable show though.
8/10
Apr 16, 2009 3:40 AM

Sep 2008
wel i was a bit dissapointed with the final episode, got a bit to corny and ended a bit too quickly with the aftermath. atleast the corny side was done well.

but overall i really enjoyed the series, i thought it was unique, interesting, and very entertaining. Had some great characters, beautiful animations and designs. and i'm glad i watched this series. It would have been better if it was a longer series but oh well. 9/10
Apr 16, 2009 8:01 AM
Jul 2018
The beginning of the show was great but I thought it got kinda boring into the middle. This last episode was done pretty well though, I gave the whole thing 7/10.
Apr 16, 2009 10:40 AM

Oct 2008
I enjoyed the ending, but it was much too short. Still a good series though. 8/10
Apr 16, 2009 12:36 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Nice finale. I was looking forward to every episode, I wish there was more. Best CG I've seen in a while. And the 'regular' animation looked great as well. Very solid 8/10.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Apr 16, 2009 12:37 PM

Feb 2008
Rin's fighting... sorry, dancing was awesome. Great last episode.
Animation was perfect. But since I don't like CGI that much it's "only" 8/10
Apr 16, 2009 5:49 PM

Aug 2008
After all that waiting, the action on the last episode was not that intense as compared to the first episode. Pretty much, the ending was decent. It's too bad that the series was short. I felt that they really need to rush things and they failed to cover too much on the story part. Anyway, I did enjoy the first half of the series. Therefore, I decided to give this a final score of 8.

Apr 17, 2009 4:31 PM

Feb 2009
This last episode was... beautiful.

The show was quite enjoyable overall. The animation was superb, the art and character design were fine, and whether you like it or not, at least it's not generic. The story wasn't that interesting since this show focused itself on Rin's introspection more than anything else. I can't think of any characters that really annoyed me, so that's a good point, but then again no one is really touching either. The global atmosphere was very poetic imo.

I'm gonna take this show for what it is: an amalgam between an sophisticated art like ballet and the not less sophisticated but contrasted world of motor sports. This is not a mecha action anime, nor a shoujo slice of life show.

It probably doesn't deserve more than 7 since the second half isn't as good as the first but I really enjoyed watching something quite refreshing. Giving it a solid 8/10.
Apr 17, 2009 10:54 PM

Dec 2007
The last episode is good, but it felt rushed a bit to me, and there is a lot of unanswered question. Overall, Ride Back is good and enjoyable series. I really hope that series have the second season someday. 8.8/10
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» I am so disappointed by this show

Dorothea - Mar 22, 2009

10 by DishonoredRonin »»
Nov 26, 2023 3:48 PM

Poll: » RideBack Episode 11 Discussion

Beave - Mar 24, 2009

43 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 6, 2023 12:14 PM

Poll: » RideBack Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

WaterLily - Mar 16, 2009

87 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 6, 2023 11:44 AM

Poll: » RideBack Episode 9 Discussion

Beave - Mar 10, 2009

35 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 6, 2023 11:11 AM

Poll: » RideBack Episode 8 Discussion

WaterLily - Mar 8, 2009

38 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 6, 2023 10:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.