Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
COPPELION
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 5, 2013 6:28 PM
Mar 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hot damn hopefully Naruse wil be alright. Haruto's surprised face though at the end.

Was able to watch a full leaked version before the air date.
-Karoshi-Nov 5, 2013 7:45 PM
Nov 5, 2013 9:09 PM

Jun 2013
If the production company thinks Aoi adds comic relief to this anime, then they are terribly, terribly mistaken. Although a single character shouldn't be enough to bring down a show's merit, Aoi's annoying personality and her tryhard attempt at being funny really ruins this somewhat serious anime.

In any case, another okay episode. However, the action scenes are pretty choppy and not very exciting or creative (like, come on, Naruse doesn't shoot and Haruto just shoots regularly). The quality of the art as well as character details are starting to lower as well...

I'll try and finish what I started, but this anime is really one of the worst.
Nov 5, 2013 9:10 PM

Jun 2013
I was never a Coppelion fan since the thick lines art style really pisses me off. But this episode is by far , the best of Coppelion. Next week seems to be interesting too.

Btw , I lol'd at this scene , lol xD
http://i.imgur.com/KmOLCW5.jpg
"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes!
Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

- Kaname Jouji , Red Axe

Nov 5, 2013 9:18 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
pakoko said:
If the production company thinks Aoi adds comic relief to this anime, then they are terribly, terribly mistaken. Although a single character shouldn't be enough to bring down a show's merit, Aoi's annoying personality and her tryhard attempt at being funny really ruins this somewhat serious anime.

Seriously...Aoi is not even a worthy comic relief character. Also, she is incredibly incompetent, not sure what they were doing when they genetically engineered her. Maybe she's a fail one.

At least Haruto is making this slightly more enjoyable, he's only been in one episode but he's the most interesting character out of the four Coppelions so far. He's a pretty awesome character and seems to actually be more of a "doll".

Anyways what with that terrible directing at the end when we cut in on Haruto three times and then seeing what he was so surprised at. That was a really bad way to be dramatic...
Nov 5, 2013 9:41 PM
Mar 2012
I did read ahead in the manga, and from what it looks like in the next episode preview

Nov 5, 2013 10:16 PM

May 2013
Haruto is such a cool character. I don't know what to say about Aoi in this episode. It just got serious at the end. Can't wait for the next episode.
Nov 5, 2013 10:54 PM

May 2012
Weakest episode to date.

Aoi's prescence in the show as a plot device to create drama is unnatural and poorly executed. She desperately needs more development. Ending was also bad, I haven't read the manga but It's obvious that Ibara is going to be ok.

It was cool when Haruto 360 no-scope'd those ghosts though.
Nov 5, 2013 10:58 PM

Mar 2013
tingy said:
pakoko said:

Seriously...Aoi is not even a worthy comic relief character. Also, she is incredibly incompetent, not sure what they were doing when they genetically engineered her. Maybe she's a fail one.

I don't understand the purpose of her character. Is she comic relief? No, if you guys hadn't mentioned it, I wouldn't have even considered that. Is she meant to lighten the tone? it's not that dark anyways. Is she meant to make them seem more human? That seems unnecessary given that the other two girls are fairly "normal" (read: stock characters). Is her demeanor meant to show that the principle was too soft in training them? Plausible, but unlikely given that Haruto isn't like that at all. Is she just there because the mangaka wanted a "genki girl" because he/she likes that character type? seems most likely to me at this point. Is it just that normally, it would be a 1 or 2 man team, and they wanted to have more characters, but having 3 useful people would make their group too "overpowered"? it almost makes sense in context, but that doesn't mean anything in this show after the B2 scene.

So, yea, I don't really know why she's there. Seems like a waste of money for the military, but then, I know of real politicians who are far less useful and probably make much more than she's worth.

Haruto on the other hand seems like a pretty cool guy. At first I thought cleanup crew meant he was doing something to reduce contamination but as soon as the bullets started flying, I realized they meant "that" kind of cleanup crew.
Nov 6, 2013 12:00 AM

Jan 2011
Haruto seems to have two sides, one is compassionate and caring (how he reacted when Ibara was in danger) and the other side is that of a cold blooded killer.

Aoi had me cracking up this episode, normally characters would be like "forget about me, save yourselves!" Aoi is like "Screw that! Save me!"

Looks like Ibara will be out of commission for awhile.

Ozu sisters SOON
[center]
Nov 6, 2013 1:27 AM

Aug 2013
Wow Aoi's ability is, no doubt hands downs, the most powerful in her squad. Her ability to just be plain annoying and useless is just really off the charts :D

When Haruto (or was it Naruse?) said "they're going to have their hands full...", was I the only one who thought "the first division has their hands full because Aoi will annoy them to death"?

I'm just going to wait until the series ends. I think I'll just sub to Crunchyroll and read the manga there haha.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Nov 6, 2013 1:32 AM

Nov 2011
Damn it, Aoi is pathetic in this show. I really don't know what to think of her anymore. To me, she's not comic relief either. Haruto is pretty cool though. I haven't seen him from the manga yet since he hasn't appeared there yet from where I am. Oh God, poor Ibara though. I hope she doesn't...

Nov 6, 2013 1:36 AM

Aug 2013
Wth, Aoi?
Nov 6, 2013 1:56 AM
Jan 2008
I really had high hopes for this series but from what I've heard it's pretty bad. I would just read the manga...if it wasn't dropped after chapter 20.
Nov 6, 2013 2:30 AM

Nov 2011
Good episode imo though Aoi is really annoying.
Nov 6, 2013 3:55 AM

Apr 2009
Every time this show makes me think it might get better (Haruto's introduction) it just gets worse (Aoi and Ibara being surprised at Haruto using a gun to kill people attempting to kill them).
Nov 6, 2013 4:39 AM
Nov 2013
I wished Naruse would blush when she asked Haruto that did he examined her entire body..
Nov 6, 2013 4:50 AM

Dec 2012
Okay really. Someone needs to tell me any of Aoi's redeeming factors because right now she's one of the worst in this show. Aside from that, this was a good episode.\

Riez said:
I was never a Coppelion fan since the thick lines art style really pisses me off. But this episode is by far , the best of Coppelion. Next week seems to be interesting too.

That's the new "People die when they are killed" x]
Nov 6, 2013 5:11 AM

Dec 2012
"If you shoot them, they'll die!"
"Exactly (grin)"

Haruto you rule, shut up Ibara and let this man take action.

God Aoi is seriously an eye sore at this point. Sorry Hana Kana, I love your voice, but she does not belong in this series. Every moment where she's supposed to be a form of cute comedy relief is the lowest point of the the scene. I'm willing to bet Aoi's presence in this series will make a 2 point difference in my score by the end, she's just that bad. The old men are barely tolerable as well, I really only have hopes for Haruto at this point.
Nov 6, 2013 6:00 AM

May 2010
I click, I click, I click then end. 20 minutes saved.
Nov 6, 2013 6:04 AM

Oct 2012
I'm tired of the bullshit from Aoi.

This episode was good compared to before, only if this Haruto fella came in sooner. he's a cool dude. Ibara gets annoying with her bullshit, e.g when she was relieved that mutant looking guy had 1 eye that was still human then she ends up getting blasted by a tank. Haruto was needed I'm tired of our overly rightous Ibara senpai and her two followers. The thing I didn't like is that Haruto seems romantically attached to Ibara, I'm just not that into romance not done well which happens a lot in anime.
Nov 6, 2013 6:20 AM

Mar 2012
This isn't a bad anime. It's just the same thing every eps. Rescue, deal with someone's messed up issues, get hurt, go to a cliff hanger, resume next eps. Everyone's happy yeah! Do it again!

Ok, that's how I have felt watching this show. I'm trying to see the bigger picture here and be understanding that they are trying to show human behavior and the very nature of humans in a situation like this...but...cmon switch it up a bit.
"People die if they get killed" who knew.
Nov 6, 2013 7:04 AM
Aug 2013
geez....aoi is an idiot, for sure!! i wonder why such an annoying girl was sent on this important mission. it does not make sense. we could have a better replacement.
ibara would not die but she is seriously injured, i guess it was her mistake after all. why does a cool and strong girl like her have to be so nice even to monsters .....i hate that part of her.
Haruto was really cool!! love that character....... i guess he can help those poor girls somehow.
Nov 6, 2013 7:44 AM

May 2010
another episode with a even more useless Aoi not being able to shut the fuck up.

dropped

3/10
Nov 6, 2013 8:26 AM

Apr 2012
Die Aoi! DIE DIE a horrible horrible death!!

Ah I feel better now I've said that...
Nov 6, 2013 9:03 AM

Feb 2011
I nearly face palmed when Aoi took off running -.-
Nov 6, 2013 9:18 AM

Dec 2012
"If you shoot them, they'll die!" No shit!

Aoi is still useless, weak episode.
Nov 6, 2013 9:45 AM
Mar 2012
Haven't read the manga, though from what I heard Aoi is

I wonder if the anime is going to show it. Probably the last few episodes, I guess.
Nov 6, 2013 9:49 AM

Jun 2013
melina_putri said:

I wonder if the anime is going to show it. Probably the last few episodes, I guess.

What the fuckingly fucking fuck. She's annoying as fuck. Too much fucks , brain overload , brain stops functioning , BSOD ...
"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes!
Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

- Kaname Jouji , Red Axe

Nov 6, 2013 10:02 AM

May 2010
melina_putri said:

i bet my ass they both are annoying as fuck!
Nov 6, 2013 10:35 AM

Dec 2008
Dammit, Aoi!!! You big dummy!

Haruto is a one-man wrecking crew. I like him.
Nov 6, 2013 10:42 AM
Aug 2011
Haruto's introduction would have been better if there wasn't too many irritating things going on around him.

Riez said:

Thankfully this guy was paying attention in class and doesn't forget that been trained to carry out missions and to get things done unlike others who whine every 2 seconds.

Aoi can't comedy, can't drama, can't anything, someone please shut her up.
I think it's hilarious though how they went to rescue her and by the end they're practically telling her to get the hell out of the way.

tingy said:
Anyways what with that terrible directing at the end when we cut in on Haruto three times and then seeing what he was so surprised at. That was a really bad way to be dramatic...

6 times actually. 3 shots zooming into him and 3 panning out.
Nov 6, 2013 11:15 AM

Aug 2013
Love this episode , I lol'ed when she realized that haruto said from top to toe XD , Aoi is so annoying x| , Can't wait for next episode , will watch manga after the anime ends <3
Haruto is so cool in this episode !

LCWS | SCS | TCO | NC | DNC
Nov 6, 2013 11:16 AM

Mar 2012
Dang, defending Aoi keeps getting harder. Okay, I did find the scenes of her in captivity pretty funny, but the way she just ran outside literally made me facepalm involuntarily. Even for a character who isn't that bright to begin with, this felt less like a case of brainfart and more like a case of holding the Idiot Ball. HanaKana, I still love you, but I'm starting to feel you've really cast your net too wide this season. Here's hoping for some redeeming character development.

And yeah, that super-duper-dramatic multiple take in the end was hilarious. With the way they set up the final shot I thought Ibara turned into a flesh-eating radiation zombie or something.
Nov 6, 2013 11:43 AM
Feb 2013
alexpte said:
I did read ahead in the manga, and from what it looks like in the next episode preview

Whoa, hoooo, you rock.
Nov 6, 2013 1:40 PM
May 2012
the pacing bothers me somehow, feels rushed all the time but doesn't really go anywhere ...
Nov 6, 2013 2:49 PM

Sep 2013
Damn Aoi is useless seriously I don't think I've ever seen a more useless anime character >.>

Once they gave her a rice ball she shut up :P

Wtf why did they tell Aoi to run?

So much drama :/

I wonder what the ghosts are up too. Haruto is cool to btw.
Nov 6, 2013 3:10 PM

Sep 2007
xchee said:
Wow Aoi's ability is, no doubt hands downs, the most powerful in her squad. Her ability to just be plain annoying and useless is just really off the charts :D .

This

Nov 6, 2013 3:36 PM

May 2011
Aoi is a pretty amazing character. She makes me dislike her more and more with each episode. It looks like Haruto is the only character in this Anime with some sense, hopefully he doesn't change. This episode was better than the others because of the new character but it was still pretty bad. It ended with a terrible cliffhanger, I mean c'mon, everyone knows she's going to be fine. Ibara wasn't any better than Aoi in this episode either, she's trying to use awful logic with people that are trying to kill her.
Nov 6, 2013 3:49 PM

Feb 2011
Aoi is the cancer of this anime , lol.

Anyway , episode wasn't so bad , Haruto was a boss.
Nov 6, 2013 6:21 PM

Oct 2012
The new guy got an arm
Nov 6, 2013 6:24 PM

Jul 2011
Wow....Aoi was pure garbage in this episode....beyond useless x.x why couldnt she be the one to get blown up!?
Nov 6, 2013 7:15 PM
Sep 2012
Finally! A character that isn't useless and retarded. Haruto showing up brought some much needed reality to this show, though the show still has plenty of retarded elements in it, like how all those soldiers can't seem to hit Haruto despite the fact that he's sitting on a tree! Really?! You have all those bullets and an assault rifle, but you still can hit one person sitting on a tree?

Aoi is still one of the most useless, retarded, and annoying characters I have ever seen. You'd think that being trained in the military would at least give her some ability to fight back, but no, she's utterly useless. I was so happy when they told her to run after the APC - only to leave her ass behind. LOL
Nov 6, 2013 7:47 PM

Feb 2012
I know they're trying to make Aoi the comedic relief character, but she just pissed me off this ep. You don't use the comedic character to endanger the cast and get the only main character worth a damn hurt.

This show went downhill fast.
Nov 6, 2013 8:03 PM

Dec 2012
They had to go through all that shit only because of Aoi. I hate her so much.
The new guy was pretty cool.
The ending was good with Ibara being hit.
Nov 6, 2013 8:19 PM

Jun 2008
Everything feels amateurish in this anime, specially when it tries to be serious and I just end every episode laughing at the lack of common sense of every single character, which is enjoyable, in some way.

Also, Ibara discovers that people die if they're killed.
Nov 6, 2013 8:45 PM

Sep 2012
Haruto from the Cleanup Crew is keeping me watching everytime it premieres.
Nov 6, 2013 9:01 PM

Jan 2011
holy hell Aoi talk about bringing down an already kinda of bad show

least Haruto made this one bearable
Nov 6, 2013 9:47 PM

Mar 2013
the ole rescue mission storyline gets stale quick, really quick. This is all they have done so far.

manga readers does it change or is this the overall jist of what is to come?
Nov 6, 2013 10:18 PM

May 2013
I can't believe this is the worst episode of this series. Aoi butchered the whole show for me. She always like happy-go-lucky when things are dire and she made every situation from bad to worse.
Nov 6, 2013 10:40 PM

Mar 2013
I liked Haruto a hell of a lot more than I thought I would - I was worried he'd be really generic and dull.

That guy's face though, hot damn. I wasn't expecting that. Poor Ibara, though - beaten up and then blown up with a fucking tank. I really hope they save her.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Coppelion Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2013

156 by Assassin2112 »»
Apr 28, 5:23 PM

Poll: » Coppelion Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2013

70 by Dekom »»
Feb 28, 3:34 PM

Poll: » Coppelion Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2013

85 by Dekom »»
Feb 27, 3:40 PM

Poll: » Coppelion Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2013

72 by Dekom »»
Feb 26, 3:39 PM

Poll: » Coppelion Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2013

69 by Dekom »»
Feb 21, 3:23 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.