Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 15, 8:58 AM

Nov 2011
What a save! Say what you want about Usato but he had the balls to jump in right on time to deliver that fist to the Black Knight. Strange thing is how his fist reacted afterwards.

Even more bizarre is Black Knight's helmet breaking and going berserk.

Seems this episode really tested Usato's skills including the healing elements too. His party also did work although Suzune's moments were kinda cringe. The comedy imo in this anime can be really mixed with the timing.
Mar 15, 8:58 AM

Dec 2021
Usato to the rescue!

Suzune and Kazuki, helpless against the Black Knight who reverses their attacks, are defeated. Just as the Black Knight is about to deliver the final blow, Usato's fist explodes onto the Black Knight's face in the nick of time. The Black Knight becomes emotional from the unexpected damage. Despite Usato's attacks not triggering the reversal for some reason, the Black Knight continues to sustain damage one after another. This is due to Usato's wrong way of using healing magic affecting the situation.

Unlike Usato, we haven't seen much of Suzune and Kazuki. I really wanted some development with Suzune, and boy, did we get it. The Black Knight messed with the wrong person—our main character's love interest—and got punched for it. Some might call it plot armor, but it's also in the title... hell even Suzune even said the title line! Thanks to Rose's hellish training, our boy got a positive boost. Seeing Rose smile makes me happy; I'm glad she met Usato. This episode just made hype and happy. I'm happy this show has 13 episodes; I'd be lost if it ended next week.

The war is over, and it's all thanks to the heroes, the soldiers, and Usato's wrong way of using healing magic.

Mar 15, 9:37 AM
Feb 2020
Inukami was so amazed she even did a title drop while Usato proceeds to heal all over the black knight.

A great beatdown u love to see it.Had to double check the ep number cuz it felt like a finale at the end there.
Mar 15, 9:50 AM
Dec 2022
this was a fucking masterpiece episode i really loved it and one of the best episodes from these seasonal animes
Mar 15, 10:03 AM

Feb 2019
“That’s definitely the wrong way to use healing magic.” They did it they said the thing!! Banger episode. Usato v the Black knight was really good, hype OST and voice acting.

Loved the Inukami flashback about she and Usato. Need a confession at this point lol.

God it never gets old seeing cocky people like the black knight get a taste of their own medicine. All that shit talking just to get beat up by Usato 😂 so satisfying seeing her just stupefied that she couldn’t heal after his punches.

Fitting that she’s just a scared little girl under all that armour. Now that they’ve got her captured I wonder what intel they’ll be able to get out of her.

Rose and Usato reunion after the battle was so sweet too. After the flashback we saw with she and her old squad, you just knew she had to be extremely nervous about sending Usato out to the battlefield. Him not just surviving, but excelling and defeating the enemy commander while saving the heroes got her feeling like a proud mother lol. He definitely deserves a nap after all that.

Can’t wait to see how things get wrapped up next week. I’ve definitely been convinced to buy the LN, if only for Inukami, good job production committee lol.
Marinate1016Mar 15, 10:28 AM
Mar 15, 10:11 AM

Mar 2021
Well, that episode only seemed to last five minutes or so. Very entertaining from start to finish.

For what felt like a very paint-by-numbers sort of isekai initially, it really has managed quite a lot of things well. The slower pacing early on, focused training arcs, and time spent on various back stories were all paid off in a big way in this episode. It’s a show that balances the goofy premise and comedic moments with its more emotional, serious beats well. I’m curious to see how the last couple of episodes wrap things up on the season and where the story could go from there.
Mar 15, 10:18 AM
Sep 2015
Nice episode. Can't say this is the best outcome since there are a lot of deaths (from both sides), a successful cease-fire negotiation would be my personal wish, but at least this episode provide some exciting and touching moments for compensation.
Mar 15, 10:47 AM
May 2021
Grand closing for sure, MVP Usato yet again
Mar 15, 11:18 AM
Feb 2022
So…how likely is it that Usato healed the Black Knight so well, that he healed her demonic heart and she’ll become a new love interest for him? 😂

Also, still two eps to go right? MAL shows 13 for this season.
Mar 15, 11:19 AM

Dec 2016
Even though I love this show for it's big efforts as trying to be a slightly different "blend" of the seasonal isekai trend, I can't think of this climax episode as a good one in terms of directing.

Inukami & Kazuki's flashback was completely unnecesary and just padding material. The whole season it has been quite noticeable that Inukami does have strong feelings towards Usato and she's just shy not telling him how she feels. Same goes for all the recycled animation of Usato's experience before fainting, we're not stupid, we already know how far this 17 year old kid has walked in 11 episodes.

Usato jumping in battle mode for the first time to save the heroes from an impossible feat was also quite cheap. Yeah yeah, we know he's the main protagonist and everyone else is completely useless without an MC. Just wished this time it was different and allowed someone with more experience and higher level like Rose to be the one to get the glory in battle. Likewise wished the heroes would have gotten their time under the spotlight beating the giant snake, rather than just give us a quick "after battle" scene with a dead snake. Yeah, I know this studios is relatively small and most likely it doesn't have the manpower to do 2 big action sequences in a single episode, but still it isn't something it should be just ignored.

Again, I don't hate this show, it's been quite an enjoyable ride from the very first episode. I just don't think this climax episode was satisfactory given all the buildup.
Mar 15, 11:52 AM

Mar 2013
Suzune really admired Usato since back then in their original world. For accepting the real her in their current one than the one she had as their senpai. It was truly amazing, and I want her to be with him all the way.

Also, the last half was seriously a tearjerker. I'm sad to see this ending on the 13th episode but I'm happy to see a quality animation. Thanks.

P.S. We finally got ourselves a new character, A.K.A. "Black Knight"
CrazyButNot4UMar 15, 11:58 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Mar 15, 1:24 PM

Dec 2022
well i guess healing magic cant be reflected
anyway its not much of a fun when a major event like war ends so shortly
or maybe i salty because i dont like this protral of war
personally i like a war more from the rulers perspective and strategy that's the true essence of war
Mar 15, 1:35 PM

Apr 2011
Reply to Zaxphred
well i guess healing magic cant be reflected
anyway its not much of a fun when a major event like war ends so shortly
or maybe i salty because i dont like this protral of war
personally i like a war more from the rulers perspective and strategy that's the true essence of war
@Zaxphred Well dark knight doesn't reflect "magic" it reflect "damage". If there is no damage there is nothing to reflect.
Mar 15, 1:43 PM

Oct 2022
Usato is an absolute GOAT! he's got balls of steel to jump in the exact moment they needed saving and didn't hesitate to exchange blows with the enemy that rendered his hero friends unconscious, who's technically powerful than him. BUT he didn't hesitate one moment, because of that he knew afterwards how his punch reacted on the Black Knight. Found it's weakness. he swiftly took care of that foe and healed everybody afterwards. SERIOUS MULTI-TASKER.
"All things, be they divine or mortal, find their ultimate end. 
                      It is not a harsh punishment, but a merciful pardon."

Mar 15, 1:49 PM

Jun 2023
She said the thing!!
Mar 15, 2:04 PM

Dec 2018
Awesome episode and one of the better isekai for sure! I love Rose, I'm Osatu was able to change the future. Awesome punch <3
He should get Knighted after this.
Mar 15, 2:19 PM
Feb 2019
seems the episode ended pretty fast
i mean i red the manga some time ago and i know this fight wasn't big in it but the way it was in manga made me feel it was pretty easy so am not sure
(i get the fact they need to stick to source material and all but still)
Mar 15, 2:45 PM
Apr 2023
All that build-up for such a quick finish is kinda lackluster. The entire show stresses there's this "upcoming war" at the back of the plot, then we get to it and poof its over. Was a fun episode don't get me wrong I loved when she name dropped the title but it definitely could have been more. The flashback episodes really eat up potential momentum considering we knew they all died already just generally bad plot structure overall. I'm hoping we at least see more of the random fox girl that showed him the visions/that it fills the gap in the story with the next episode.
Mar 15, 2:53 PM

May 2021
Who doesn't love 3 flashbacks during important battle? But overall entertaining episode with again lackluster animation quality. It was better than previous few episodes, I'll give em that.

They did stretch praises a bit beyond belief. Yes, they won the battle because he saved the heroes and was there and did the thing. But by the same stretch so did she and her father for making her and king as well for summoning. Etc.
Mar 15, 3:51 PM

May 2019
Usato ended up defeating the black knight on his own without Rose's help, and Suzune ended up saying the title of this series.

With 2 episodes to go I have a feeling that the war isn't over and I'm curious how the black knight will react once she wakes up.
Mar 15, 4:44 PM

Jan 2010
the strongest ability met his only weakness, it remind me of kamijou vs accelerator.

and I was glad that usato went back and keep his job healing instead of being the hero and let inukami and kazuki shine as the heroes.
Mar 15, 5:42 PM

Feb 2019
Usato was the MVP Hero here; Kazuto and Senpai are just back-up heroes keeping the Black Knight at bay until Usato arrived and kicked her sorry arse! lol
Mar 15, 7:07 PM

Sep 2023
Usato came in clutch! As expected, the black knight's reflection does not work on healing magic. Finally, we get to see the wrong way to use healing magic! That got Suzune really excited xD
Mar 15, 8:14 PM
Sep 2023
10/10 best episode so far, wish it was longer
Mar 15, 9:23 PM
Sep 2016
Holy sh*t did the anime did justice to Usato x Black Knight fight!!!!

And now, the Rescue Squad has successfully
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Mar 15, 10:01 PM

Mar 2007
Oh FINALLY he figured out "the wrong way to use healing magic!"

I love scenes where they say the title of the anime, and this was a very satisfying one.
Mar 15, 10:12 PM

Jul 2017
Kazuki and Suzune clearly misjudged the Black Knight, though the latter has developed an interest in Usato, who has gone to live a different life than her. Though Usato's priority is to bring both Senpais back to safety, the fact that his healing attack worked against it, means that he is the only legit person who can defeat the knight, while having his healing magic intact. And with a hammering fist bump of power, his ultimate healing magic punch worked to victory.

With the confirmation of the downing of the Black Knight, the war dies down with just defeating the remnants of the Demon Lord's army and continuing the good healing work. And for once, since the day they met, Rose is inherently proud of how far Usato has come into her platoon.

The title drop has marked its word, and Usato embodies everything about it.
Mar 15, 10:41 PM

Nov 2021
"That's definitely the wrong way to use healing magic" peak title drop right there
Mar 15, 10:46 PM
Apr 2023
When a long-ass light novel title is used as part of the script, you know they are serious about.
Usato just became like non-fatal bullets the anti-riot SWAT use instead of regular brass ones, but his punch is like it will heal you after you pass out from the pain. I mean imagine, you get your body and internal organs destroyed at the moment of impact but after you faint, you are healed.
You have to imagine as well how much mutilation Usato can do with just his bare hands and the carnage that will be left if he did not heal his enemy.
Mar 15, 11:36 PM

Sep 2018
Gotta say, this anime has been a pretty enjoyable ride, probably one of the bigger surprises for me this season.
Mar 16, 12:37 AM

Jan 2011
This anime was already one of my favs this season and many others. But wow, this episode had quite some really awesome even though short combat. And that ending, what a tearjerker.

BTW, that black night is quite a cutie, I wonder…
Mar 16, 2:46 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Yeah, this was a good one. The "well done Usato" with him passing out into Rose's arms really got to me.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Mar 16, 5:53 AM

Aug 2017
So those demon soldiers just kept watching how Usato was healing Kazuki and Suzune and only acted when he was planning to take them away and run with them.

And they finally explained the title!

I know wonder what the final 2 episodes will provide us, you'd think that this was the perfect episode to end the season but I guess there will be more.
Mar 16, 6:02 AM
Oct 2018
certified banger
Mar 16, 6:11 AM

May 2015
This is all good and well, but why wasn't he assigned to keep an eye on the heroes in the first place? It really didn't have to be so complicated with the foretelling and all that dramatic running.
Mar 16, 7:14 AM
Apr 2021
Hoooooo the animation when Usato powered up his fist and when he punched the black knight was amazing the colour green has never looked so good before ong😩🔥

I still wonder if we’re gonna see the girl who can see the future? I wanna see more of her tbh

Rose being hppy that Usato came back alive made me happy bc ik rose had a little thought thinking he wasn’t gonna make it but nah bro did and cried and fell asleep in her arms :)))

SHE SAID IT SHE SAID THE THING SHE DID THE TITLE DROP THING!!!😭😭😭
Mar 16, 8:21 AM
Mar 2020
well, this was pretty great until 2/3 in, I suppose I can live with the remainder being kinda average.
Mar 16, 8:56 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to redorzo
So those demon soldiers just kept watching how Usato was healing Kazuki and Suzune and only acted when he was planning to take them away and run with them.

And they finally explained the title!

I know wonder what the final 2 episodes will provide us, you'd think that this was the perfect episode to end the season but I guess there will be more.
@redorzo "So those demon soldiers just kept watching how Usato was healing Kazuki and Suzune and only acted when he was planning to take them away and run with them."

Can't have anyone actually die, LOL.
If you haven't watched "Fantastic Children", don't talk about "best anime". Thank you.
Mar 16, 9:34 AM

Jun 2016
dmann inside that black armor knight there is a cutie demon girl ..
Mar 16, 11:04 AM
Mar 2021
Of course our hero's friends aren't going to die, it was a bit of a lame attempt to build tension, but I guess it was a little satisfying for him to come at the last second to save the day.
What have we got next episode? This kinda felt climactic, although setting up the next round of battles will be in the next season, right? The black Knight's interrogation might be interesting...
Mar 16, 11:24 AM
Oct 2020
The emotional scene at the end cinched this for me - how he may have childish ideals, but he met someone that could help make them a reality.
Mar 16, 12:32 PM
Mar 2023
it good episode and it was epic fight
Mar 16, 2:50 PM

Jan 2012
Hmmm....so was the black knight the demon girl who saved her master in Rose's unnecessarily long flashback a couple episodes back? If so my guess of her being that purple-haired Rose subordinate was pretty close after all. But I honestly forget what color that girl's hair was as I thought she grew to be the red-haired demon general with the big tits. I dunno lol.

I've been somewhat harsh on this show, but I'm not afraid to give credit where it's due. And I'll admit, the female love interest name-dropping the series title by saying the mc using healing magic to attack was wrong gave me a grin.
Mar 16, 6:19 PM

Sep 2014
Of course the OP ability just magically doesnt work on MC kun. Lame.

Dont get me wrong it was very well executed but fundamentally its lame.

"The wrong way to use healing magic" just doesnt hit the same when Redo of Healer exists and all he does is punch.

Are all the demon girls so hot?
Comander-07Mar 16, 6:33 PM
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Mar 17, 1:59 AM
Apr 2021
sublim, love it, i want to see next one now !!
Mar 17, 6:33 AM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
This feels like the last episode. It was emotional, but the fight was boring tbh.
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Mar 17, 5:27 PM
Oct 2019
What a good episode this was, it had action and a finale, it didn't even leave the other friends out of it, very good, I love you Rose
Mar 17, 6:17 PM

Feb 2018
Sheesh, Usato's palm strike goes hard. Suzune said the thing too!! Lmao. Using the fist against a big pointy sword is pretty crazy, Usato is built different though lol. Got a little touching moment at the end too, gj to our boi.

Never ending plan to watch list...

Mar 17, 7:48 PM

Oct 2019
This was a great episode, perhaps the best so far.

The Black Knight was just a little bratty demon who ostensibly sought someone strong to challenge or entertain her but when she did she pulled a temper tantrum... What a sore loser...

The way she span like a spinning top on her head with Usato's first punch was very funny 😂

After this episode it should be established as universal canon that the way to counter reflect magic is healing magic. Who would have thought, right?

That's indeed the wrong way to use healing magic - unless you use it against someone who wears a mana suit -and even bears a mana sword- and uses reflect magic.

Did the demon brat lose her mana suit permanently or will she start regaining it when she regains consciousness? Usato or Rose should be close, just in case..
Mar 18, 4:12 AM

Oct 2017
Yep healing magic was the answer after all but that was pretty epic. Loved the visual effects for Usato's attacks, looked really cool. We also got the title drop, that was neat. Happy to see Suzune senpai and Kazuki well. Rose acknowledging and praising Usato was great. He even teared up.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chiyu Mahou no Machigatta Tsukaikata Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 5

140 by ALUCARD47 »»
May 26, 1:01 AM

Poll: » Chiyu Mahou no Machigatta Tsukaikata Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 22

58 by Ayano_Kuma »»
May 25, 11:50 PM

Poll: » Chiyu Mahou no Machigatta Tsukaikata Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 29

107 by callmethebigG »»
May 24, 10:34 PM

Poll: » Chiyu Mahou no Machigatta Tsukaikata Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 19

75 by EvandroBraz »»
May 5, 6:01 AM

Poll: » Chiyu Mahou no Machigatta Tsukaikata Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 8

68 by G_Spark233 »»
May 4, 11:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.