Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Apparently,Disillusioned Adventurers Will Save the World (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 24, 2023 6:58 AM

Nov 2011
Well, that sword they found sure can come in handy. Looks like Nick and his party encountered a strange monster this episode.

Nick's hybrid dragon armor form looks badass imo. Hopefully he can master it because it would be very useful for his party. 
Jan 24, 2023 7:25 AM

Apr 2014
The fusion form is looking fcking cool. I hope they will use this form again in the future. Or, maybe, fusion with other members of the party.
何それ?意味分かんない
Jan 24, 2023 7:31 AM
Nov 2020
Am i the only one who thinks animation was kinda off?
Jan 24, 2023 8:07 AM
Jan 2017
What is this goofy animation? 
https://imgur.com/gallery/CwAwEj0
Jan 24, 2023 8:07 AM
Nov 2019
I agree, the walking animations were a bit funky.
Jan 24, 2023 8:21 AM
Aug 2017
This episode adds a lot of context to the story. I loved the way they built their characters and their emotions. It made me more excited for the upcoming episodes.
Jan 24, 2023 8:24 AM

Jul 2016

It's GEEKTOYS' signature styles lol
Jan 24, 2023 8:27 AM

Oct 2017
The sword looks cool and it let's people with strong bond merge, thus it's name is bond. Curran and Nick's merged form looked cool and they were op. Wonder if we'll see other merged forms in future.
Jan 24, 2023 8:28 AM
Aug 2021
the animation was really off in this episode.
Jan 24, 2023 8:36 AM
Nov 2014
Well that was unexpected A.F.
So this ancient sword... was that magitech? Wouldn't have minded more of an explanation on how that fusion technique worked... pretty damn cool though.
Jan 24, 2023 8:50 AM

Feb 2019
Another really good episode! Animation was subpar for some scenes but the world building was awesome. That fusion technique is something I haven’t seen in a fantasy show like this before, that was cool how it took Curran and Nick truly moving on from the pendant situation. I really enjoy the character dynamics in this.

And looks like the story starts in earnest next week now that we’ve got the full party! Hype.
Jan 24, 2023 8:51 AM
Nov 2019
i'm a bit confuses when nick fell to the hole. when curran go look for him, suddenly he is under concrete debris even though nothing is fell with him. sorry for my bad english. cmiiw
Jan 24, 2023 8:55 AM

Feb 2022
I'm glad they gave us a few close ups of the beige dungeon walls, so much detail! ... Sarcasm aside the sword is pretty neat but opens up to a lot of questions. That was a highly advance dungeon and the sword says it's very old and been waiting a long time, so at some point there may have been a futuristic society but going by what the current world looks like something bad must have happened.  Nick and Curran's fusion was cool, I wonder if it's just two at a time or if we'll see some ultimate form with all 4 of them.
Jan 24, 2023 9:02 AM

Mar 2021
This show has a been a pleasant surprise. We have not really gotten to any story or aches yet, but the characters are charming, the world is interesting (in a quirky sort of way), and the I look forward to where this is headed. There is much to like.

(And yes, the animation is pretty limited in places. Overall, the production values seem fine, but the animation is really uneven. At least once an episode there will be some sequence that looks so odd I almost laugh out loud. It is almost charming at this point.)  
Jan 24, 2023 9:14 AM

May 2021
They officially jumped the shark with this episode. They tried to rush whole emotional development because story depends on it but it made no sense. They are all suppose to distrust each other. More to the point how did he end up under the rubble after falling into the hole. Plot convenience.
I think am dropping it.
Jan 24, 2023 9:17 AM

May 2021
Hikari_Tsuyu said:
i'm a bit confuses when nick fell to the hole. when curran go look for him, suddenly he is under concrete debris even though nothing is fell with him. sorry for my bad english. cmiiw
I literally laughed out loud at some points during this episode. Sword goes "you who have been through so much to get here". While few shots earlier "oh red light is green... door automatically opens". So many trials to get there really.
Jan 24, 2023 9:21 AM

May 2021
Hikari_Tsuyu said:
That's called plot convenience. Why else would she need to go rescue him and for them to have heartfelt moment that leads to merge. For me this is a sin far bigger than poor animation or something trivial like that. It's an indicator that following episodes will have similar "because" moments.
Jan 24, 2023 9:28 AM
Sep 2015
Everytime a fusion between different gender happen, I always question whether the fusion form is male or female.
Jan 24, 2023 10:21 AM

Nov 2013
Holy shitakes, Batman! The animation in this episode is undeniably terrible. Also incredibly limited. Basically an uneven clip show. The stairs better become a meme. It's like someone verbally descibed the backgrpunds to the character animators and expected everything to fit together. Actually hilarious.

That said, I am still loving the tone of this show. It seems to follow optimistic nihilism. The main characters are jaded and question everyone they interact with, but also want to work towards a better life for themselves and their rag-tag group of comrades. I love it.

This episode took a stange turn setting-wise. Appears as though there is modern-day (and future) Earth technology in this particular labrynth. I welcome it as long as we get an explanation soon.
Jan 24, 2023 10:34 AM

Nov 2016
Lol this episode just pulled an inferior DNA Digivolve

Skip to 01:09 for the sub

This show has some decent approaches, but hype and emotional impact ain't it

phantomfandom said:
Everytime a fusion between different gender happen, I always question whether the fusion form is male or female.

Asking myself the same since Silphymon

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 24, 2023 11:14 AM
Mar 2017
I wonder how is the fused character called... Nirran... or.... Cuck 
Jan 24, 2023 11:18 AM

Oct 2010
phantomfandom said:
look for 'futanari'
Jan 24, 2023 11:25 AM
Feb 2022
i think they should call it a fuuuuuuuuuusion 👉👈
Jan 24, 2023 11:26 AM
Feb 2022
OtakuHiten said:

i felt it when they were climbing the stairs it looked weird
Jan 24, 2023 12:17 PM

Dec 2022
new member bond comes
Jan 24, 2023 12:25 PM

Nov 2014
That's kinda crappy development? Bonds, talking sword and fusion. All the basic shounen shit. I thought the point here was their mistrust, but it's ep.4 and they already pass a test of bonds as a party lol.
Jan 24, 2023 1:35 PM

Jan 2013
phantomfandom said:
Haha i was thinking the same 
Jan 24, 2023 2:52 PM
Jan 2019
Would have been funny if they had to dance for the fusion...
Jan 24, 2023 2:54 PM
Jan 2023
Looking at AniDB, all the credits for major staff roles (episode direction, animation direction) are Korean. This seems to have started at episode 3, but 2 and 1 are almost entirely Japanese animators. Studio twitter hasn't tweeted out episode promos after episode 2, and the director says on twitter he's got a cold. Did they get hit with the notorious C?
Jan 24, 2023 3:23 PM
Sep 2019
I wonder if the narrator talking is one of the party members, Nick as he is a lot older. And idk why but older narrators and hearing their story and talking makes me so emotional lol. Makes me think of the frailty and how short lived humanity is. And since he sounds so old almost like he is about to die.
Jan 24, 2023 3:25 PM
Sep 2019
I am really curious about the dungeon they went to. It looks as of its part of old humanity. The automatic lights, the corridors and how modern it looked. It looked like some kind of research or scientific facility of research. And Kizuna did say he was there for thousands of years... Which makes me think. Did something happen to humanity that introduced magic, monsters, and almost brought the downfall of humanity and essentially everything went back on itself? Man just those tiny details add so much questions and mystery to the overall world and past of that world in the anime.
Jan 24, 2023 3:42 PM
Personified

Sep 2022
I'm sorry I have to first mention the walking animations cause god damn lol, especially the one of them walking down the stairs. 

Nick and Curran's fusion form does look pretty sick, hope we see more of that. 

We also have a new member to the party whose walking animation is just a bit weird bro looks like he is about to break it down.

Jan 24, 2023 3:48 PM

Nov 2011
While I still love this anime, this was EASILY the worst episode yet, and hopefully the worst episode of the series.

Seems like everyone is in agreement that the animation Quality in this episode was complete doo doo and the development was rushed AF.

I mean hell there was a part where Tiana and Zem were looking at the Golem for a Solid 4 seconds...

Obviously the highlight of the episode was Curran and Nick fusion but man...they rushed the hell out this episode for people who may or may not have trusted each other before this.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jan 24, 2023 4:01 PM
Nov 2015
NeptuniaAnima said:
I wonder if the narrator talking is one of the party members
I think the implication is that the sword is the narrator.
Jan 24, 2023 4:32 PM
Sep 2019
ChiliSenpai said:
NeptuniaAnima said:
I wonder if the narrator talking is one of the party members
I think the implication is that the sword is the narrator.

oh really the sword would be? was thinking Nick is the narrator as he is kinda the main character of the entire party.
Jan 24, 2023 4:55 PM

May 2019
This was my least favorite episode of this series so far. The storyline felt rushed, the animation was so-so, Nick somehow ended below rubble after he fell in the hole, the fusion thing lasted all of 5 seconds, and I don't recall them showing any mob fights besides the golem. Also, the dungeon looked like a modern day facility with motion detecting lights and security cameras. That was odd, maybe it will be explained later?

It looks like the talking narrator was the sword that is now the 5th character in the group and the group sold the old lady a duplicate? Ok then, hopefully the next episode will improve.
Jan 24, 2023 5:17 PM

May 2015
Damn the animation quality straight up nose dived this episode, holy shit that was bad
Jan 24, 2023 5:30 PM
Jul 2020
The story is decent but i can't overlook the mediocre animation, Even sol have better animation nowadays. Imma have to drop this show
Jan 24, 2023 5:57 PM
May 2017
Good story with good characters with good design atrociously animated.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Jan 24, 2023 6:41 PM

Jan 2021
Okay so there was a previous civilization that had advanced technology and somehow it eventually turned into a magic world? Okay not the first time I've seen that.

They really tried to be Konosuba with their banter with the sword. In reality the walking animation makes me laugh harder than anything. Them walking the stairs is golden, the running animation where its just there bodies moving up and down is hilarious. Any time these guys walk or run is funny as heck.

I'm surprised the ancient sword takes the form of a young boy. The sword form has such an old voice, but hey it lets two people fuse. That's pretty neat the fusion reminds me of Steven Universe.
Jan 24, 2023 8:45 PM
Sep 2021
OtakuHiten said:

YES! was thinking the same thing, walking just looked so clunky.
Jan 24, 2023 9:07 PM

Feb 2016
It's so sad the animation has such low quality, I kinda love this, is really fun to watch, for a generic fantasy story it's already one of the best I've seen.
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.
Jan 24, 2023 9:48 PM

Jul 2012
 The backstory parts were ok but what the fuck is the rest of this?
Jan 25, 2023 12:10 AM
Nov 2022
I wonder who the narrator is since we now know it's probably an old version of one of the two male leads or even the sword in the far off future.
Jan 25, 2023 12:50 AM
Dec 2010
The animation is pretty painful in some places. It was seriously shocking watch them "walking" (gliding) down the stairs lol.
Jan 25, 2023 1:50 AM

Feb 2018
Fuuuuuuuusion Haaah!

Never ending plan to watch list...

Jan 25, 2023 3:13 AM

Apr 2019
Kizuna finally makes their debut, I've been wondering who that kid on the OP and ED was for a while now, didn't think they'd introduce them so fast
Jan 25, 2023 3:18 AM

Jul 2015
They fused with eachother! It's literally as significant as them having sex. If not more.

Jan 25, 2023 3:37 AM

Dec 2018
this is so rushed, and i don't mean the goofy ass animation either. first they're like "go find this legendary sword" and they just waltz right in and everything develops at breakneck speed. it just felt really fast and usually i'm the one complaining about slow pacing. also yes the animation was just garbage almost in an endearing, pitiful way like when you see 3 legged puppy. i am still liking this show quite a bit, but with the pacing it feels like they are missing a lot of tension and consequence in their endeavors. they spent more time hung up on a pendant than retrieving a legendary sword. i'm still confused at what point it anthropomorphized as well. lastly, i like the ED it was cute.
StateofOhayoJan 25, 2023 3:41 AM
Jan 25, 2023 3:59 AM

Apr 2008
You can see the studio struggling in how many corners they're cutting on animation and this is only episode 4. Doesn't bode well. Too bad too, because I kind of liked the concept of the show.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ningen Fushin no Boukensha-tachi ga Sekai wo Sukuu you desu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2023

79 by WienGirl »»
May 17, 10:08 AM

Poll: » Ningen Fushin no Boukensha-tachi ga Sekai wo Sukuu you desu Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2023

42 by WienGirl »»
May 16, 4:28 AM

Poll: » Ningen Fushin no Boukensha-tachi ga Sekai wo Sukuu you desu Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 17, 2023

74 by WienGirl »»
May 15, 4:07 AM

Poll: » Ningen Fushin no Boukensha-tachi ga Sekai wo Sukuu you desu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2023

53 by BlueSnow93 »»
May 9, 5:28 AM

» The Disappointing Animation Quality ( 1 2 )

RabbitBeardy - Jan 18, 2023

50 by MahiaErebeaNegi »»
Feb 21, 10:48 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.