Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 9, 2018 4:09 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Eh it was okay I guess.

Quite a strange cast of characters though. That blonde girl has my attention so far with her personality. Besides her, I hope they make the rest of the cast memorable too. I'm not sure how to feel about the story tbh. It kinda feels like a show that would be hard to make a memorable plot from this but who knows.

Going to put this show on-hold...too many anime on Mondays.
Stark700Apr 16, 2018 6:32 AM
Apr 9, 2018 1:23 PM
Feb 2018
Where did you find it to watch? I'm still trying to find it online.. not even Crunchyroll has it yet?
Apr 9, 2018 2:55 PM

Jul 2010
Heiach said:
Where did you find it to watch? I'm still trying to find it online.. not even Crunchyroll has it yet?

So far, it looks like nobody's gonna simulcast this one. Another fansub one IF there's anyone that cares to sub it. So, I'm dropping this one. Not worth the pain of waiting.
a knife and a fork
Apr 9, 2018 3:32 PM

Mar 2017
The premise seemed interesting. Well the first episode was ... alright. Some scenes might have been awkward or a bit forced (the girl growing flowers in her head) - but I found it funny and a bit cringey to see the normal boy try to keep everyone together.

I love how they've paid attention to the food in the restaurant - seems close enough to me.
Found a video of the first episode on YouTube - in medium quality.
They say there's no such place... as Paradise. Even if you search to the ends of the earth, there's nothing there. No matter how far you walk, it's always the same road. It just goes on and on. But in spite of that, why am I so driven to find it? A voice calls to me. It says 'Search for Paradise!' "
*Wolf's Rain, Episode 30; Kiba*
Apr 9, 2018 6:47 PM

May 2009
Wow, didn't expect the 15min format.
Arts, sceneries and details looked promising.

M1chael0311 said:
but I found it funny and a bit cringey to see the normal boy try to keep everyone together.

Well, when you're the only normal one in your siblings, you're the different one.
Apr 9, 2018 11:15 PM
Apr 2018
Trying really hard to find the first episode subbed, but so far I have been out of luck. Anyone know where I should look?
Apr 10, 2018 8:56 AM

Aug 2009
senatorz said:
Trying really hard to find the first episode subbed, but so far I have been out of luck. Anyone know where I should look?

Unfortunately, nobody (either official company of fansubbers) picked it up so far, which is why you cannot find it anywhere.

I really wanted to check this "Chinanime", it looks like it could be a decent enough SoL.
Apr 10, 2018 2:20 PM

Jun 2013
This is horrible, as expected from Chinese

Apr 10, 2018 4:59 PM
Jun 2017
senatorz said:

I have found it subbed in Mandarin, if anyone else speaks Mandarin, but it doesn't seem like anyone is subbing it in English as far as I can find.

Overall not a bad episode in my opinion.
Apr 10, 2018 5:14 PM

Mar 2010
I really want to like this after watching it, but not sure I can stomach the 50% animation, 50% live-action seiyu filler (with more like 10/90 for ep00 instead with very little animation involved.) What animation is there tho, looks great and I can very easily seeing myself loving this show... as long as it picks up and turns into a full show.

Unless the next episode is a full length animated episode, I'd suggest giving up any and all hope of seeing it get subbed. Looks good, sounds good, dying to hear the full back story, so fingers crossed that it becomes a real anime by next episode. :D

Watched 720p Japanese audio raws from MX.
Apr 11, 2018 7:42 AM
May 2014
metamorphius said:
(official company of fansubbers)
Fansub Co.

15charsssss
Apr 11, 2018 8:30 AM
Feb 2018
Any news on a sub for this yet?
Apr 11, 2018 9:04 AM

Mar 2017
I've only found a video with Chinese subs on YouTube after typing in the Japanese title...
Hoping for the release of English subs as well -_-
xStrayWolfxApr 11, 2018 9:08 AM
They say there's no such place... as Paradise. Even if you search to the ends of the earth, there's nothing there. No matter how far you walk, it's always the same road. It just goes on and on. But in spite of that, why am I so driven to find it? A voice calls to me. It says 'Search for Paradise!' "
*Wolf's Rain, Episode 30; Kiba*
Apr 11, 2018 10:19 AM

Jun 2015
English subs are out. This was a decent first episode. What a strange cast of characters, only one of them is normal. I like the blonde girl. The normal boy is trying to keep everyone together.
Apr 11, 2018 10:36 AM

Jan 2018
That was a bad episode.The cast is unlikeable and I didn't like its story maybe it'll get better in the next episode.
Apr 11, 2018 10:42 AM

Jan 2015
Are episodes really 15 minute? Thats very odd length. Anyway, the episode overall was ok, the OP was quite good.
begijaApr 11, 2018 10:58 AM
Apr 11, 2018 11:03 AM
Sep 2015
I love the dog already! He's so cute and fluffy!
Apr 11, 2018 11:59 AM

Feb 2015
I actually quite enjoyed this first episode, the animation looks pretty good too. Wonder how many episodes this is gonna be.
Apr 11, 2018 12:06 PM
Feb 2017
Am I the only one that feel like the MC lowkey either is hiding something different or didn’t realize something’s different. Like this is anime, the chances the MC is the only normal one is so low. Not to mention that clear flag with the medicine.
Apr 11, 2018 12:08 PM

Jul 2011
What struck me first and foremost was the setting, despite the fact that I knew it was from a Chinese web comic, I didn't expect it to be in a semi-rural Chinese neighbourhood (I'm too used to anime set in Japanese style built up city areas). The change in setting was actually kinda refreshing once you got used to it.

The second thing that really struck me was the awkward direction, oftentimes there seemed to be "dead air" pauses, as if frame cuts/transitions were a little lumbering or maybe it was just they lingered on a certain detail for a bit longer than was necessary, but the voice actors seem to have done as much as they could to cover it up somewhat, kudos to them. It wasn't always enough, especially at monologues. In addition, some pan shots were awkward, there's a certain one I have in mind, last barely 2 seconds which could've been more chaotic, as to highlight the point that Ness (what do I call him, Nei Si?), was trying to make.

The entire scene at the restaurant did make me feel awkward all the way down my core and I really felt for Ness (there could be some inconsistencies to his character here but I'll give it the BoD before I learn more about his/their situation). I was surprised that Tracy (Cui si) was not as irritated about being outside as much as she'd implied before they went out. The way the rest of them turned around and listened to Ness was so endearing though, despite the emotional whiplash I got from it considering the ensuing argument from earlier xD I have a feeling that Snow (Si Luo) is gonna be the one that glues them all together. It's fitting, considering he's that dog, but he'll definitely be important to Ness keeping his sanity and also serving as the bridge between him and the rest of the family.

I know I haven't talked about Sally (Si Li [why am I trying so hard])... lets say she definitely made an impression, as opposed to err... plant girl, whatever her name is.

P.S. Can I just say how hungry this made me?
Apr 11, 2018 1:12 PM

Jan 2014
WOW ! This show caught me off guard. Didn't think I'd like it this much

Beautiful music, beautiful art, and promising direction the show has

Can't wait for the next episode !!!
Apr 11, 2018 1:38 PM
Jul 2018
What in the world did I just watch...?!

Also, there's going to be some live-action parts to it as well (according to the OP)??

If that's the case, than no thanks. :|
Apr 11, 2018 1:45 PM

Jan 2014
RedKitten13 said:
What in the world did I just watch...?!

Also, there's going to be some live-action parts to it as well (according to the OP)??

If that's the case, than no thanks. :|

I think they just wanted the opening to look a little unique, I don't think they're gonna use Live action scenes in the actual show
Apr 11, 2018 2:35 PM
Jul 2018
It was very enjoyable, art is really good and is very promising imo
Btw Chinese stuff isn't that bad
I can't wait for the next week ;-;
Apr 11, 2018 3:27 PM

Mar 2010
Romancebro said:
Am I the only one that feel like the MC lowkey either is hiding something different or didn’t realize something’s different. Like this is anime, the chances the MC is the only normal one is so low. Not to mention that clear flag with the medicine.

Actually, it would be bizarre given the setup if Tanis was not baseline/normal human, as his nutcase Mad Scientist parents used him as their control group in their experiments on the other kids. The others were the subjects of the experiments, while Tanis was instead being educated, perhaps to join them as a fellow Mad Scientist when he got older. :x

Just noticed a detail that I think is detailed enough for me to like this show even with the annoyances of the earlier broadcasts.
deadman80Apr 11, 2018 3:36 PM
Apr 11, 2018 3:39 PM

Sep 2016
subs are out and synched with ohys raws 15 minutes. Probably people watched episode 0 with the seiyus and other stuff.

good 1st episode.
The Anime Binge Is Life

-PolarCyrus97 2k17-
Apr 11, 2018 3:43 PM
Apr 2018
Romancebro said:

I thought that the medicine was a red flag, as to the mc being more interesting than he lets on. Im also wondering whether or not this is going to be more of a slow moving plot or if the live-action tag will influence the story. Im a sucker for a good fight.
Apr 11, 2018 3:49 PM

Jun 2017
deadman80 said:
Romancebro said:

Actually, it would be bizarre given the setup if Tanis was not baseline/normal human, as his nutcase Mad Scientist parents used him as their control group in their experiments on the other kids. The others were the subjects of the experiments, while Tanis was instead being educated, perhaps to join them as a fellow Mad Scientist when he got older. :x

Just noticed a detail that I think is detailed enough for me to like this show even with the annoyances of the earlier broadcasts.

i didn't notice that xDDDD

[don't know how to make a quote properly Q.Q]

i watched it in spanish if anyone wants the link xd

why is everyone complaining about the plant girl? i like her more than the spider one :(

strange episode, love the main plot but yeah, it is a bit difficult to get used to something different from the normal japanese anime, but i will stay here, i enjoyed the music and love the seiyuus too ^^
"Gradually Watermelon"
Apr 11, 2018 4:07 PM

Jan 2017
Djidji said:
Wow, didn't expect the 15min format.
Arts, sceneries and details looked promising.

M1chael0311 said:
but I found it funny and a bit cringey to see the normal boy try to keep everyone together.

Well, when you're the only normal one in your siblings, you're the different one.

I completely agree. I also like Tanis as the mc.

Apr 11, 2018 6:19 PM

Nov 2011
I actually thought this was a decent anime. The animation looked interesting. It was iffy at points but overall it was pretty smooth.

Im interested in where this story goes.

The opening was really good.
SoraSenpaiApr 11, 2018 6:23 PM
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 11, 2018 7:51 PM
Feb 2017
Holy jeez the restaurant. I miss food back home already. ^_^
Apr 11, 2018 9:05 PM

Feb 2018
I wonder if the parents are related to Shou Tucker? At least this dog/human can change back and forth. (Sorry for the Nina joke but had to share it)

Overall I was amused with the episode. Will probably continue watching unless it gets so ridiculous.

My name is not Bai nor do I have a Big Wang!!
Apr 11, 2018 9:08 PM

Nov 2010
I like the plant sister, she's so adorable xD
So is the doggie brother~
Apr 11, 2018 10:31 PM

Oct 2010
Aaaahhh Aisley is even better than I anticipated, so cute with her legs

It's not hard to catch a single cockroach, unless it gets somewhere you can't reach. I have an American roach on my desk that I caught the other day and have been feeding while I wait for the weather to warm up outside.

I was shocked that they threw all that food away just because it fell on the floor. It hadn't even been cooked yet, just rinse it.

I read all the preview articles but I didn't catch any mention of the lab being on The Island of Dr. Moreau. Well, that makes sense. I'm still calling this Chinese Splice, though.
Apr 11, 2018 10:48 PM

Jul 2016
I am happily pleased and surprised with this episode! I went in with no expectations as usual. Though, it was one of the shows I was somewhat eager to check out. The premise is what got me interested in the first place. Granted, it isn't anything ground breaking or new. I felt that it could possibly go in a number of directions. Now, there were only two things I was slightly worried about, and that was the length and being originally a Chinese series.

But to my surprise neither played a negative impact in my opinion. The music played well to the scenes, the characters felt unique and fit well into their respective part into the family, it was a little more serious than I initially thought it would be, the animation wasn't too bad, and I actually feel that the 15 mins did it justice. Sure I was a little let down to find out it was short But, the pacing wasn't unnecessary or all over the place. With all that being said, I must say there were a few scenes that just didn't seem right at some moments.

Things I really enjoyed about this episode and that caught my attention was tanisu's sheer tenacity towards his dream of a normal family/helping his siblings integrate into a "normal" society and I was caught off guard at Aisuri's response(spider chick I believe). It really made me think perhaps Tanisu is the strange one to them! She had a point though.

Tanisu may have never thought beyond what the others wanted. He just assumed and in assuming he kind of forced his dreams onto the others? Another thing to think about is, the fact that to the rest of the siblings their lifestyle is their norm! They may have adaptive at a very young age(I guess they were experimented on as young children?) to accommodate to their changing physiology and environment.

In closing the episode was pretty good. I expect some introspection throughout the series, maybe a dark moment here and there, we might see the parents again or at least get a flashback. Also, there's no surprise that people have mix feeling about this series. It's completely understandable I just hope the show continues to get subs and that more people check it out.
Apr 12, 2018 12:41 AM
Jun 2016
TakunDes said:
This is horrible, as expected from Chinese

Is not that bad. At least is better than dies irae
Apr 12, 2018 2:09 AM

Apr 2016
First episode and I already hate that spider girl
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 12, 2018 3:33 AM

Dec 2014
I enjoyed this a lot more than I thought I would of deffo looking forward to seeing more of this and see what happens over the next few weeks.
Apr 12, 2018 3:34 AM
Oct 2017
I liked it, although it didn't quite meet my expectations.

I like Plant girl the most

"Do you want my mushroom?" Kreygasm

Apr 12, 2018 3:40 AM

Aug 2015
not as good as i was hoping but still enjoyable. plant girl is awesome
Apr 12, 2018 5:13 AM

Jul 2015
Seems quite a few people share a similar view as me. It was good, but not quite as good as I was expecting. Episode played out about how I expected it too, it's quite a strange little family they have there, it's gonna be tough, but I look forward to seeing more of them. Weird that this anime is 15 minutes long though. I like plant girl.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Apr 12, 2018 6:27 AM

Aug 2013
The animation is still quite rough around the edges.

I hope to look forward to some good slice of life in coming episodes.
Apr 12, 2018 6:54 AM

Sep 2015
Hayami Saori is the Plant Girl in the Japanese version? Sell out!!!

They said the boy is the only normal between them but with all that dark background I dont think so.

Apr 12, 2018 8:24 AM

Jul 2016
DYED said:
I hope the animation stays consistent.

Aaaaand they didn't. Already in the first episode.
Some scenes are really fluid and well made, some other have like four frames for fifteen seconds of animation. And of a close-up, to add insult to injury.

The episode was okay, 100% sure I'm not going to drop this one.
Still, the animation could improve.
Your favorite anime is cringe. My favorite anime is a masterpiece.

Apr 12, 2018 8:58 AM

Mar 2010
Just watched the Chinese raws of episodes 1 and 2! :D

First thing that popped out at me is that I'm pretty sure that the same singer does the OP for both Chinese and Japanese versions, and sounds great in both. Same song, just different language. Don't see that level of multilingual talent too often, so it's somewhat impressive.

Ep 2 is 18:42 long, including OP/ED.

In ep 2, the animation quality is still a bit rough in spots, and something that I think is not in the Japanese version is the spotty audio quality.. In the Chinese audio, there were a couple points where background audio cut out completely, which was pretty jarring in at least the two scenes that I noticed.

Oddly enough, there are NCED/NCOP already available for the Chinese version. Kinda wish more shows would be willing to put these out pre-BD sales.
deadman80Apr 12, 2018 9:02 AM
Apr 12, 2018 9:33 AM

Apr 2012
An okay episode, felt a bit try-hard in the characterisation.
Apr 12, 2018 9:37 AM

Dec 2014
hmm we were introduced to a family... I wonder why is the kid normal...he looks the abnormal one in the family if you ask me
Apr 12, 2018 9:49 AM

Dec 2017
great first episode so far, straight to the introduction. the animation can be very smooth at times and suddenly rough, hope it will be better though.

the conversation can be very awkward at times, maybe because in Chinese, the conversation is held longer than Japanese, at least that’s what i think.

i think this story will take a pretty dramatic or sad turn along the way, seeing how hard Tanis wanting to become a normal family.

Aisuri attitude is kinda a turn off for the overall atmosphere for me, mayber her experiment was pretty harsh considering she’s a spider, and also her extra spider hands can be very intimidating. Ashisu voice is really calming and cute though, i love that, my favorite character so far, acting like a proper older sister.

and there’s the dog, Snow, his transformation is really surprising, he’s so tall. also the mind reader, Suishi. being a mind reader can be pretty difficult, i can understand her attitude.

all of these names is really hard to be remember:(.

Ashisu is cute plant girl FTW!
Apr 12, 2018 12:15 PM

May 2015
It was weird. Characters are ok and the concept is somewhat interesting but it didn't make me interested in watching more. Something about this show is really off-putting.
Apr 12, 2018 1:38 PM

Mar 2016
Finally! Found a site with spanish subs.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shiyan Pin Jiating Episode 12 Discussion

ibraheem234 - Sep 10, 2018

20 by Akiraroyt »»
Jun 10, 2023 12:41 AM

Poll: » Shiyan Pin Jiating Episode 10 Discussion

ibraheem234 - Sep 10, 2018

2 by Opor97 »»
Nov 7, 2020 1:16 PM

Poll: » Shiyan Pin Jiating Episode 6 Discussion

Stormswell - May 11, 2018

15 by Opor97 »»
Nov 7, 2020 9:57 AM

» Is Shiyan Pin Jiating 12 Eps or 11?

nattadasu - Oct 26, 2019

0 by nattadasu »»
Oct 26, 2019 6:15 PM

» Anime introduction

Kang-Yuna - Apr 7, 2019

0 by Kang-Yuna »»
Apr 7, 2019 11:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.