Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 14, 2016 7:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm, interesting...this really is a different version of Danganronpa with the storytelling. Somehow, I find this episode to be more lighthearted and more humorous.

Sonia's adorable.
I also kinda like this girl too. So compared to the other arc series, I think this one is more fun to watch and the pacing feels better. Most of the characters introduced too..

Jul 14, 2016 7:56 AM

Jul 2014
OH MY GOD <333 seeing them all in school life is just adorable. My children <3
Sonia <3
Kuzuryuu <33
Chiaki <333
Hajime <3333

But most important of all:
K O M A E D A ! ! !
Jul 14, 2016 7:57 AM

Nov 2007
The lady appearing in the beginning sounds like the lady that sacrificed in Mirai-hen? She just became a teacher to the academy and disappointed at her students not care about the class. This is more lively than Mira-hen (probably since it's because before getting into "despair game") as they introduce the members slowly.

Two gamers (one making, one playing) left, with meeting Conan's voice's character on the way. The principle and the lady knows each other and seems to be appearing in Mirai-hen, too.

Both OP and ED are awesome. Showing the profile of Conan's voice's character after ED.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 14, 2016 8:00 AM

Sep 2012
Nidai shitting earthquakes, Nagito's insane luck, Ibuki being Ibuki and Gundam with his autistic self were the best parts of the episode.

Chisa is being featured a lot here, like people predicted when she said she was the teacher of this class. She's a real qt here.

8/10 - 4/5 Chapter, not as good as the one from Mirai-hen, but we're only getting started after all. Liked how they foreshadowed the Kamukura project at the end.
Jul 14, 2016 8:45 AM

Aug 2012
So according to people who went to the pre-screening event. Chisa is actually our Main Character for Zetsubou-hen.

http://jinjojess.tumblr.com/post/147396877508/jesss-dr3-prelim-theory-post
Jul 14, 2016 9:11 AM

May 2014
I enjoyed this ep so much, from the very begining until the last second. That was really nice to see the 77th class.

OP and ED are nice too! I'm not disapointed at all.

(Actually, I was screaming internally when I saw Kamukura in the OP. haha)
broken english, sorry-
Jul 14, 2016 9:28 AM

Sep 2012
Mukuro and Junko confirmed (saw the stream after the opening, so I didn't see them).

Now this is hype.
Jul 14, 2016 9:31 AM

Dec 2007
The OP really reminds me of this:

Nakahara Mai <3 I didn't remember she voiced Chisa in Mirai-hen for *some* reason

If a SDR2 VN adaptation be made ever, I hope it will be as good as this :)
DeadIEndJul 14, 2016 9:35 AM
Jul 14, 2016 9:37 AM

Dec 2014
Oh boy i believe shit will go down really fast in Episode 2.
Jul 14, 2016 9:48 AM

Apr 2008
it was so good seeing all of them again. and they all looked so hopeful! :') And CHIAKI!!! < 3

But unfortunately all good things must come to an end. I think we'll be seeing the back stories of some of the guys and how messed up their lives were. As well as some developments with that whole Twilight Syndrome Murder Case. And of course... THAT project....
Jul 14, 2016 9:49 AM

Aug 2012
I like how they included a lot of the poses and music from the game, it's nice to see everyone alive again.
Jul 14, 2016 9:50 AM

Sep 2013
This episode was beautiful, all the character introductions showing their best traits. They even used the same music as in the game.

Watching both airing series is going to be one hell of an experience.
I'm so damn hyped.

BTW, Chiaki is there...
What does this mean?????
Jul 14, 2016 9:50 AM

Sep 2012
Great to see all the characters I loved from the second game, and it appears the talent theme has already begun being developed.

Jul 14, 2016 9:54 AM

Sep 2009
I'm so happy to see the sdr2 characters again :') They are as eccentric, funny, and lovable as ever. Nekomaru and his monstrous shit lol. Really enjoyed seeing Yukizome bringing all of them back to class. Gotta be one special teacher to handle them.

So Ryota's a suspicious character in both the hope and despair arcs?

Now this is interesting. I hope both danganronpa animes will explore their relationship dynamics further.

My Hinata x Nanami feels oh gosh. How is this Nanami related to the sdr2 game Nanami? Was the sdr2 AI Nanami based on the one in the anime?

OP and ED are so relaxing with pretty visuals. Episode 1 is so lighthearted, it makes me sad to think about what's going to happen in later episodes..
velvetprayerJul 14, 2016 10:01 AM
Jul 14, 2016 9:54 AM

Mar 2014
This ep is pure fanservice and I am fucking crying right now. More Saionji-chan plz Kodaka

Jul 14, 2016 9:56 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Feels really nice seeing these guys animated at long last. Not much more than an intro episode really but still sets the tone really well

JDiraz said:
BTW, Chiaki is there...
What does this mean?????
HaXXspettenJul 14, 2016 10:00 AM
Jul 14, 2016 9:57 AM

May 2016
"Kodaka High School" Nice little detail there.
Jul 14, 2016 9:58 AM

Jun 2015
I like this one more than the other one for now. Still don't get why they're airing 2 seasons at the same time though... (btw looks like Hanamura is the masochist of the season, being Hisomu's successor XD)
Jul 14, 2016 9:59 AM

Apr 2014
I like the opening a lot.

Chiaki = Best Girl

I wish girls tripped like this all the time

Jul 14, 2016 10:02 AM
Jul 2016
I just want to ask something, so the Despair one is the sequel, whilst the Future one is like the 3rd season?
Jul 14, 2016 10:03 AM

Jun 2015
Oh yeah forgot to ask which of the two DR3s is happening first? is Mirai-hen happening in the middle of the 2 games or after DR2?
Jul 14, 2016 10:04 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
vererenren said:
I just want to ask something, so the Despair one is the sequel, whilst the Future one is like the 3rd season?
Despair takes place before DR1, Future takes place after DR2

Though you need to have played DR1&2 first to watch either in case that wasn't obvious already (or watched the anime for DR1 and played DR2)
Jul 14, 2016 10:15 AM

Jan 2016
that was such a cool fucking opening, chisa watching her own death... so there is a point to showing the future arc before the despair arc. this is gonna be really cool, seeing something in the future that will give us clues for the past... maybe?

that investigation remix is so good!

it starts to earthquake and then mikan screams "jurassic park?!" mikan I love you! You truly are the ultimate waifu! ....

gundham has longer hair... I guess he's going to get it cut sometime in this show?

chisa seems to be showing she's way more capable than she was initially thought. there's more to her than meets the eye... *coughshe'sdidn'tdiecough*

was hoping chiaki would have a different personality than her AI self, like maybe she was cold and distant? but cute chiaki is good too.

love how chisa just picks up chiaki that refuses to stop gaming. "this chiaki is mine now"

Unfortunately, this episode spent too much time introducing characters we already know and showcasing their already-known personalities (even the future characters got less screen time! This is the first time we hear the Ultimate Scout talk!), and this episode ultimately amounted to fan service, instead of starting the story of despair. I would have rather they just introduced the entire cast of dr2 in 30 seconds and just get on with it.

https://a.pomf.cat/yprbcg.ogg
Spend the entire episode telling us what we already know? This is a despair that will birth the most brilliant hope!
FragOutFireJul 14, 2016 10:24 AM
Jul 14, 2016 10:21 AM

Sep 2013
FragOutFire said:
Unfortunately, this episode spent too much time introducing characters we already know and showcasing their already-known personalities (even the future characters got less screen time! This is the first time we hear the Ultimate Scout talk!), and this episode ultimately amounted to fan service, instead of starting the story of despair. I would have rather they just introduced the entire cast of dr2 in 30 seconds and just get on with it.

I ain't even mad. This is the kind of fanservice I approve.
Plus, we don't really know how much content they have for this 1-cour series. This episode was great for anyone who played the game, seeing everyone alive again, and also for anyone who didn't (and is for some unknown reason watching this), as it is their first time seeing these guys.
Jul 14, 2016 10:23 AM

Feb 2015
I like the Danganronpa 2 cast a tad more than the ones from the first, that's the reason why I was more hyped for Zetsubou-hen and I was not disappointed.

It was merely a character introduction-episode, Nidai and his god mighty-shit was my favorite part, can't wait for more Nagito, Gundam and heck, everyone else. Nice to see them all again.

Chisa seems interesting, I wonder what's up with her, the beginning made me curious.

I like the visuals in the opening btw.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 14, 2016 10:24 AM

Aug 2008
I just can't wait for Enoshima Junko to appear.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Jul 14, 2016 10:27 AM

Apr 2010
Zapredon said:
I just can't wait for Enoshima Junko to appear.
It will take 1 year i think? Well, because Junko is their junior
Jul 14, 2016 10:30 AM

Mar 2011
Funny episode, I really loved the introductions. However, what is Chiaki doing here?
Best part:

Men are props on the stage of life, and no matter how tender, how exquisite…
A lie will remain a lie.

Jul 14, 2016 10:30 AM

Dec 2014
Kouun said:
"Kodaka High School" Nice little detail there.

Indeed xD

@velvetprayer

The Ryota from SideDespair is the Ultimate Imposter.
SideFuture is the real Ryota.
Jul 14, 2016 10:34 AM

Apr 2011
This was so good and I'm so happy right now but at the sime time I'm dreading what I know that is gonna happy and I wanna cry because all these kids... were so... happy... why

Gundam was the best as expected - or maybe I'm just blinded by my love for him, we'll never know.

But how is it possible to not love this guy

Hanamura's bisexuality became even more obvious to me. That guy is just a pervert, gender doesn't seem to be relevant for him.

The imposter is now Mitarai... That explains why he looks adorable.

And it seems the blood is still pink in Zetsubou-hen, I was wondering if they'd keep it like that or change it to red like in Mirai-hen... Maybe they will in the future when shit start to get real.

I loved this first episode, I can't wait for more.

Oh, btw
Jul 14, 2016 10:35 AM

May 2016
That was hilarious and I want more ASAP, but I can't help but wonder, just how rushed does it all seem for people who haven't played the second game.
Jul 14, 2016 10:39 AM
Jan 2014
Number 1 girl Chiaki is back! <3
I hope we get a lot of ChiakiXHinata moments. ^^
I was okay with her being an AI, but I am still so happy to find out that she lived outside the Neo World as well. :3 (I'm just scared what's gonna happen to her here)
Jul 14, 2016 10:41 AM
Jan 2014
Specimen021 said:
That was hilarious and I want more ASAP, but I can't help but wonder, just how rushed does it all seem for people who haven't played the second game.

They shouldn't be watching 3rd Dangaronpa if they don't know what happened in the 2nd. It's their screw-up if they do so.
Jul 14, 2016 10:43 AM
Dec 2010
Didn't expect the opening to be tied to FutureSide like that. Guess we know why they're running them simultaneously now - I doubt that's the only time one series will refer to the other.

Nice to see the curtain finally pulled back on "normal" Hope's Peak life, if only a little bit. I don't mind the character intros dominating the episode because there is probably some number of "anime-onlies" who didn't play SDR2 and have no idea who these students are.

On our Ultimate Gamer.....

Good episode.
Jul 14, 2016 10:44 AM

Jul 2014
Even though their scene time is short

>KOMAEDA
>CHIAKI
>HINATA

I just can't hold my smile, and goddammit that lucky vending machine and hope reaction from komaeda, :DDDD
That first meeting of Chiaki and Hinata <3 OTP

But the idea that Chiaki might die at the end make me sad.... :(
Jul 14, 2016 10:47 AM

Apr 2015
Margrave_Masane said:
I was okay with her being an AI, but I am still so happy to find out that she lived outside the Neo World as well. :3 (I'm just scared what's gonna happen to her here)

That's still a completely different person. DR2 Chiaki was created using her as a template.
Jul 14, 2016 10:49 AM

Jan 2014
What an amazing introduction to Zetsubou-hen! This is the kind of fanservice I wanted from this series. Even though we got character introductions from the main cast of SDR2, I ain't even mad. I was happy to see all my loveable idiots again and even Chisa, alive and well. (I even like that note of her witnessing her death from Mirai-hen and being disappointed about it.)

I'm also glad to see my main ship in the series and the staff recognising it as well.

I can't wait for this show to do the 360 and change the atmosphere into the dark and despair filled series we all came to love. I can't wait to see where and how

Otherwise, another great start. Love both the opening and ending songs. Can't wait to see where this series goes.

Jul 14, 2016 10:49 AM

Dec 2012
I'm trying so hard to nOT FRICKING SCREAM OH MY GOD MY DESPAIR BABIES TALKING AND MOVING AND KOMAEDA AAAAAAAAH

Also I'm so glad Chisa is actually relevant.
Also tHEY USE OST FROM THE GAME HOW FRICKING FANTASTIC IS THAT
ALSO the OP is a fucking masterpiece; the ED is very nice as well.

I really have to calm my fanatism down. jk it's already a 10/10 for me

Let's not forget
vikki7783 said:

But most important of all:
K O M A E D A ! ! !
Jul 14, 2016 10:53 AM

Jun 2016
Love the character design updates, the art/animation seems better than the Mirai one.

Chisa seems like a really great addition to the gang; shame she was killed off so quickly in the other one.

I want to see some romantic development between Fuyuhiko and Peko!
Jul 14, 2016 10:54 AM
Jul 2016
Just an intro episode but a pretty enjoyable one, and there's enough new info/elements sprinkled around for it to not just seem like a rehash of info we already know. Chisa seems like she'll be fun. Will be interesting to see what happens with Hajime & Chiaki down the line.

Seriously though, what the hell are Funimation doing to mess up the framerate (the stuttering isn't present in the raw that aired in Japan first) ? It's less noticeable than it was in Mirai-hen but it's still there and it shouldn't be happening at all to begin with, it's really bugging me.

Sep 2009
MonoReaper said:
@velvetprayer

The Ryota from SideDespair is the Ultimate Imposter.
SideFuture is the real Ryota.

Thanks for clarifying! The Ultimate Imposter got me all confused :>
Jan 2014
Vsegda7 said:
Margrave_Masane said:

That's still a completely different person. DR2 Chiaki was created using her as a template.

I guess this topic would be kinda subjective.
Jul 14, 2016 10:56 AM

Aug 2009
This episode was amazing. I loved seeing everyone animated. DR2 cast > DR1 cast.

Nekomaru's introduction was hilarious as well.
Jul 14, 2016 10:57 AM

Sep 2014
Ah, I just watched the first episode. It's finally up! Someone out there please tell me I'm not the only one waiting eagerly for when everything goes to hell. School slice of life at the moment, but, well, it's Danganronpa - that won't last.
And holy crap, is Yukizome meant to be like Usami? Is that the connection here? Like Usami is an AI based off her or something? Or am I just dense? Probably just dense.

End note: flame guitar Ibuki is best Ibuki.
Jul 14, 2016 10:59 AM

Jul 2014
Just noticed the ED sang by Komaeda, no wonder it remind me of "Poison"

kawaii-despair said:

Also tHEY USE OST FROM THE GAME HOW FRICKING FANTASTIC IS THAT
Also This.
oh the free time game feeling.
Jul 14, 2016 11:00 AM

Jan 2016
That scene with Hinata and Nanami killed me...
I'm not crying, I swear! T.T
Jul 14, 2016 11:01 AM

Sep 2014
CHIAKIIIIIII The Best Girl is here omggg Hajime/Chiaki OTP MASTERRACE

This is the kind of fanservice I was waiting for. THANK YOU ANIME GODS ^u^b

Well, there's nothing else I can say since everybody's gushing about it here already. xD

You know one good thing about all this? I don't have to wait too long for Danganronpa content since Mirai-hen will air a few days right after this one and vice versa <3 <3 <3
Jul 14, 2016 11:03 AM

Oct 2014
I want to know the reactions of people that, for some reason, are watching this without having played the second game. For me the introductions were fantastic, but for anybody that doesn't know the characters, I'm curious of their reaction.

Not even finished and I love this shit by the way.
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; What is essential is invisible to the eye.

But does the heart have the right perspective?
Jul 14, 2016 11:06 AM

Oct 2015
The question now is how many episodes we need to wait until shit hits the fan.

I say episode 3 because that is a classic xD
Jul 14, 2016 11:07 AM
Dec 2013
What if the watch order between these two anime is exactly as it's aired?
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Zetsubou-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2016

256 by Wantiid7 »»
Aug 11, 5:48 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Zetsubou-hen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2016

243 by ChrisDC »»
Jul 30, 11:00 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Zetsubou-hen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 11, 2016

195 by WIIXAnd »»
May 22, 8:09 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Zetsubou-hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2016

225 by Beguni »»
May 1, 8:21 AM

» *spoilers* Why do people not like this season?

kakashis_sidehoe - Mar 26, 2023

33 by Kiryotsu »»
Jan 5, 10:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.