Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 13, 2009 12:03 PM

Feb 2009
Yuuichirou said:
Another 100+ ep.series?
Well, episode was ok.

Hell I hope not. If this mindless entertainment lasts more than a season, I'm gonna drop it. :D
Jul 13, 2009 12:33 PM

Dec 2008
Good episode with ripped shirt of eve XD
Jul 13, 2009 12:58 PM

Jun 2009
The drill outfit was pretty cool, but Still preffer the first episode.
I loved when tried to make Cruz buy things.
Jul 13, 2009 9:37 PM
Feb 2009
Smoldar said:
ColdBeans said:
Wait, so the kid can throw daggers through a brick wall? Oh well, I think it's best to not question this show. I'll keep watching to see if it improves.

At least until the girls from the ED show up ;)

Have you REALLY watched the Anime or just starred at Eve's ass during the entire Epi? Or maybe you just FF to the ED to droll over?

Take a VERY closer look at the time when all the invisible stuff goes back to normal. If you can't see a window there, just give up on watching animes as a whole...

if that magician kid can throw the knife through the window, then how come the knife that eve throw won't hit him? it is not like the knife couldn't break the glass, nor the kid has move away from the window (i think he stand still at that time...)

so i agree with coldbeans that you shouldn't ask much about the anime otherwise you will ask if the purpose of their (bad guy) mission is to track down the priest, why wouldn't they follow the eve and yamada (lol) quietly from the begining, instead of attaking them and got one of elite four killed...

anyway, that yamada surely pissed me off in this episode... hope he grow up a bit in later episode...
flame_tiongJul 13, 2009 9:41 PM
oblivious is a bliss
Jul 14, 2009 1:54 PM

Nov 2008
This was not as over-the-top as the first episode, and as a result, I did not like it as much as the first. Hopedully this will go to being nonstop mindless cheesy action, as that is what I am watching this series for.
Current FAL Ranking + Previous best::
[
Jul 15, 2009 3:18 AM

Jan 2009
Kill off Cruz then replace, and the show would improve 50%. I can handle the stupidity the show has from time to time. However, after two episode of hearing him whine is enough to make my ears bleed. If I wanted that I would watch the Lifetime channel. Will give it another episode or two before the hammer falls...
Jul 15, 2009 7:01 AM

Sep 2008
First episode was awful, this episode was better but still bad. The comedy aint funny, the action and dialogue is terrible, the characters are lame. Not very good animation, uses to much fan service for attention. This series is pretty crap. I will watch one more episode but i will probably drop after that.
Jul 15, 2009 8:32 AM

Jan 2008
Hmm...unfortunately this show is just not what I was expecting. It sounded pretty bad-ass, but it comes off as just way too 'Saturday morning cartoon' if you know what I mean.

Oh well, I gave it a try, but it's just not my thing.
Jul 15, 2009 9:26 AM

Jan 2009
MistressMorbid said:
Hmm...unfortunately this show is just not what I was expecting. It sounded pretty bad-ass, but it comes off as just way too 'Saturday morning cartoon' if you know what I mean.

Oh well, I gave it a try, but it's just not my thing.
I kinda thought the same thing >.>
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jul 15, 2009 12:18 PM

May 2009
I think people take this show a bit too seriously.

From what I can tell by the first two eps, this seems to be more of a parody than a straight-out action series. The nonsensical (but great) ED is a good indication of that.

Still, I'm greatly enjoying this show.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 15, 2009 6:04 PM

May 2008
IT'S A MAGIC!

Was slightly better than the first episode, in my taste.
Still not impressed.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Jul 15, 2009 7:02 PM

Jul 2008
KayChan4U said:
Haha. Giga Drill. Even though TTGL came afterwards.

I really want this anime to get better. I really like it, but I feel like it's progressing a bit too fast. They've already gone through 2 of the Needless guys and they're not giving enough time to give the villains proper character development. They could give them a little more screen time instead of just the scenes where they fight and get killed off.

I think that too~~ ^_^
Jul 16, 2009 10:37 AM
Mar 2009
1 out of main 4 bosses = lame....
actually i was disappointed when the magician comes out out in Ep2 because i know the animators will make him weak since it's tooo early for a boss battle.
Jul 19, 2009 2:51 AM

May 2008
ukonkivi said:
IT'S A MAGIC!

Still not impressed.

Magic. Serious business.

I'll probably keep on watching this though for the lulz.
Jul 19, 2009 2:58 AM

Jan 2009
canephalanx said:
ukonkivi said:
IT'S A MAGIC!

Still not impressed.

Magic. Serious business.

I'll probably keep on watching this though for the lulz.

that would be.. pretty much the Only reason to continue watching it, since it feels like a minor meltdown in my brain every time >.>
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jul 19, 2009 10:00 PM

Dec 2007
I was expecting this episode is not enjoyable as the first episode, but I enjoyed watching cute Eve. While I am not sure about the story, I really enjoyed it enough.
Jul 20, 2009 2:15 PM

Feb 2009
I wish people will quick complaining about the show if you don't like it just drop it and stop winning about it!
Jul 20, 2009 10:02 PM

Sep 2008
Oh no. This is becoming one of those anime where the villains talk the whole time during the fight instead of just killing the good guys quickly while they have a chance.

Yamada (Cruz) is also really annoying at the moment. I hate it when they make a main character who does absolutely nothing. NOTICING A SPILT DRINK IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

Show was a 10. Dropped to 9 for me. Will probably drop more too.
Jul 21, 2009 10:11 AM

Jun 2008
kid1412 said:
1 out of main 4 bosses = lame....
actually i was disappointed when the magician comes out out in Ep2 because i know the animators will make him weak since it's tooo early for a boss battle.
That's because they are strong as a group but weak individually. Standard villian (and hero) plot device.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Jul 21, 2009 10:35 AM

Sep 2007
I kind of feel nauseous right now...I think I cracked a smile at Blade stalking Cruz (where did the name Yamada come from anyway...? I liked the name Cruz) to buy him some cigarettes but the smiles end there.

I'm only sticking with it because one of my favorite series (Twelve Kingdoms) started off with the worst 5-6 episodes I've ever seen (...well up until now) before it became amazing. I'm still holding off some hope.
Jul 22, 2009 12:29 PM

Jul 2008
again a nice fight. the transformation was cool. miniskirt + drill.

Jul 23, 2009 6:14 PM

May 2008
I enjoyed this episode. It was very Eve-centric <3
I think I prefer her drill outfit after seeing it in action xD

I was disappointed to see Uten die so soon though.
I liked his magician-styled powers. "It's a magic!"

Overall, I'm liking the show so far. The only downside is Yamada.
His wimpy I-can't-do-anything attitude is getting on my nerves >.>
Jul 28, 2009 2:31 AM

Sep 2007
Good so far, I might stick with it, unless the villains become totally lame or something. It's nice to see Madhouse do something Not-So-Serious, for once. XD

Aug 30, 2009 11:41 PM

Jul 2009
Alexstratz said:

The bulk of the episode:

I loved that part X3
Oct 15, 2009 7:50 PM

Jun 2009
Wow...this show is ridiculously stupid yet for some reason I like it...
Oct 16, 2009 9:34 AM

Feb 2008
Cliche storm.
Nov 29, 2009 12:02 PM

Jan 2009
How did he throw swords through a wall? Well I guess there could have been a small window or doorway he could just move to the side to throw them with and just go back. The spiked ball didn't just appear on the ground, it appeared out of thin air? I guess he could have broke a chain or something... or someone could have helped him... why didn't that someone do anything? Well it's stupid to ask these kinds of question with anything to do with fantasy type stuff... cause that would be just picking and choosing what doesn't make sense to you... like letting "needless powers" that defy scientific law slide and stupid things not slide... making my whole post void. but i guess you can say the powers were on purpose and the stupid things were most likely slip ups. Aww w/e. Decent episode I guess.
Dec 6, 2009 3:29 PM
Nov 2008
ColdBeans said:
Wait, so the kid can throw daggers through a brick wall? Oh well, I think it's best to not question this show. I'll keep watching to see if it improves.

Yeah, I was also wondering about the knife throwing deal.. How the heck did he manage to get those knives through that concrete wall?
Dec 9, 2009 6:06 PM
Oct 2009
DeadlyPocky said:
ColdBeans said:

Yeah, I was also wondering about the knife throwing deal.. How the heck did he manage to get those knives through that concrete wall?

notice the ending of the ep... there was someone helping him, it will becoem clearer when u get closer to the end of the series.
Dec 12, 2009 4:35 PM

Aug 2009
LOL, THEY SPILLED THE JUICE IN A PERVERTED WAY, LOL.

Anyways, good episode. I loved to see Eve and her powers. So, 1 of the 4 strongest was killed that fast? Eve must be really strong. Who knew that DoraDora drink will save their lives? Lmao, so random man.

No father action in this episode though. :(
Jan 5, 2010 3:35 PM

Dec 2007
Don't think I could watch this is there was no ecchi...
Mar 21, 2010 10:45 PM

Dec 2008
This show is cheesy but hella fun!!!
May 26, 2010 12:37 PM

Apr 2010
The fact that you hear Yamada being emo for most part of this episode is really disappointing, at some point i was only wondering when he was going to shut up.
I found first episode nothing special either, i will try one more episode to see if something might interest me.
Dec 7, 2010 11:13 PM

Oct 2009
NOT interesting what so ever, even worse than the first episode;
Lame fight and fail jokes/gag, i just find this whole thing stupid, Madhouse failed this time trying to copy Gainax...meh...I'll give the next one a try then drop if its still no good...
May 30, 2011 12:29 PM
Jul 2010
Alexstratz said:
The bulk of the episode:

Can't be posted enough, imo. It's early, and although the jokes are kinda lame, I like it so far. Only real disappointment is that the magician kid didn't last two episodes.
Aug 23, 2011 11:58 PM
Feb 2010
sbyrstall said:
greenmush said:
that was stupid , how did she even noe what material the wall was made of? and why didnt he just made himself transparent shesh

I would guess that he couldn't make himself invisible without effecting his own site. It's been theorized that the Invisible Woman from the Fantastic Four has a sort of psychic ability to see things when turns herself invisible. The eyes need to be able to see, and thus the eyeballs and optic nerves can't be turned invisible else she becomes blind.
If Sue Storm had infrared vision, she could see without psychic powers, and still be "invisible".
Anyway, I think he stayed visible because he's nuts and wants people to think he can create shit.
Jun 18, 2012 9:25 PM

May 2012
This anime is pretty different, I like it. It was it's own individuality. I hope we learn the boy really has powers and is in fact a Needless.
Oct 8, 2012 6:01 PM

Nov 2011
Good, they exposed the fake "magician".
Jan 20, 2014 2:00 AM

Aug 2013
Moonfrost said:
LOL, THEY SPILLED THE JUICE IN A PERVERTED WAY, LOL.

Anyways, good episode. I loved to see Eve and her powers. So, 1 of the 4 strongest was killed that fast? Eve must be really strong. Who knew that DoraDora drink will save their lives? Lmao, so random man.

No father action in this episode though. :(

I'm a lilttle over four years too late but...

IT'S DERODORO NOT DORADORA!

...is what Eve would have said. Haha sorry I just can't help it XD
xcheeJan 20, 2014 2:07 AM
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Aug 17, 2014 8:41 AM

May 2012
Average development, do wonder where this show actually will get good though.
Aug 25, 2015 9:27 PM

Feb 2013
Not very funny and lazily animated
Just waiting for the gay lolis tbh
gedataAug 27, 2015 3:37 PM
May 8, 2016 11:34 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
Anime isn't that great but I think it's enjoyable.

Kind of weird watching an anime with the same storyline; I just saw Scryed a few weeks ago.
Sep 16, 2021 5:46 PM

Nov 2010
How I wish I could taint Eve. hehe

Damn, 5000kcal on a drink? Let me have some!

Plenty of 4th wall breaking in this anime.
May 3, 2023 4:08 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Nice 1st fight for Even and MC, Eve was definitely epic especially how they found the opponent's trick to turn the ground invisible
Sep 2, 2023 7:14 AM

Dec 2022
Eve is hot :D

Rare to see an anime where the antagonists are killed so quickly too. I wonder what their replenishment rate will be.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Needless Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ShanaFlame - Dec 10, 2009

123 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 3, 2023 3:31 AM

Poll: » Needless Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

OmegaDenmad - Dec 3, 2009

52 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 3, 2023 2:47 AM

Poll: » Needless Episode 21 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Nov 20, 2009

49 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 3, 2023 1:54 AM

Poll: » Needless Episode 20 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Nov 12, 2009

41 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 3, 2023 1:25 AM

Poll: » Needless Episode 19 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Nov 5, 2009

45 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 3, 2023 1:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.