Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jul 9, 2009 1:09 PM

Oct 2008
So many things left unexplained.. All the good parts missing..

This is a happy ending but...

Perhaps, its not really a happy ending. Why does Felli-senpai had to act like a tsundere all the time? Nakahara-san usually don't voice tsundere characters...
Jul 9, 2009 9:11 PM

Oct 2007
I agree. Too many things left unexplained. The last episode didn't tie up any loose ends. Actually, none of the episodes answered any questions. Each episode just added more and more questions. I can't say I know any more than when I first started watching the series.

Good premise. Bad storytelling.
Jul 11, 2009 3:08 AM

Sep 2008
Actually it was not a big burden to watch, I was waiting for every new episode to be released with big hopes but in the end, there was not that much of a solid thing happening at every episode.

24th was the only one I actually liked, even tough some fighting scenes which should have lasted longer ended in 20 seconds each, it still had action. Rest of episodes had a little bit of everything; drama, comedy, action and it was not creating a really good effect at all.

Thus, 7/10 for Koukaku no Regios.
Jul 17, 2009 2:19 PM
Feb 2008
Did Layfon just get his Heaven's Blade taken away again right after he got it back?! I got one of my "I'm confused!" moments there. And yeah the story was rushed, we just got new questions along with old questions and a big crave for a second season :(
But i love the show anyways :D
Jul 22, 2009 10:43 AM

Feb 2009
I for one hope that there won't be a second season. Sure, I'd love to understand what's going on and all but not at the expense of having to watch another 24 episodes of pointless crap that always ends up unresolved.

- Why was he surfing on his blade?
- How was he able to combine blades? Shouldn't a Heaven's Blade be able to function properly on its own? If it's such a powerful and honorable blade, you shouldn't be able to tweak with it.
- Why is Nina still alive? Or rather, why is she able to function properly?
- Was I the only one who was caught off guard when she called out that guy's name? Dick. I didn't even know that was his name. How did she? And why was it so random?
- Masked people? They appear and remain stubbornly but suddenly, they just disappear?
- Why does it take so many Heaven's Blade users to take down one filth monster when it only took Layfon himself to take down the same being?
- If Layfon could surf on his sword, why didn't he do it right when the filth monster flew past him so that he could have gotten to it quicker?
- How was Savaris able to get the goat when Nina had to be hit directly? She didn't because didn't Layfon protect her from Savaris' attack? And even if she was hit directly, shouldn't she have died? Or at least be unconscious and unable to talk?
- If Savaris is also a Heaven's Blade user, coupled with the golden goat, shouldn't it take more to knock him out, much less knock him so far away?

More questions. Plenty more. But I'll stop here, since my score would only continue to drop from here. 5/10 is already showing mercy. I was actually looking forward to this series and had high hopes for it.
Aug 20, 2009 4:33 AM
Jun 2008
3/10

probably the most random anime i've ever seen
Aug 22, 2009 2:28 AM
Mar 2009
Hope they make season 2 so many things need answering
Sep 21, 2009 6:32 AM

Sep 2008
reaght said:
3/10

probably the most random anime i've ever seen

It was random, it rushed the ending... but a 3? Come on, honestly, a 3?
Sep 28, 2009 10:05 AM

Oct 2008
So many unanswered questioned and plot twisted that were never delved in to beyond starting.

The end fights were pretty anti-climatic too for the reasons mentioned. I liked the sword/weapon fighting in this show and just devolving to throwing energy balls and turning in to energy balls was kind of a let down. For all the work he goes to getting that sword, it acts just like every other weapon he had and he gives it up like 10 minutes after getting it. This is even more strange because the queen talks about saya choosing him, presumably having something to do with the sword, which he then gives up.

I wasn't a big nina fan and found her annoying generally so i was kind of happy when she got thrown in the back seat the last few episodes, only being there to be a host of that one spirit.

I gave it a 7 because i really liked the overall idea, some of the plot (the heaven's blade stuff was really cool, but sadly they didn't go in to it much), the fighting and about the first half of the series. It was disappointing though and i feel they kind of botched a great idea by throwing up tons of new plot directions every episode which were never answered, not going in to heaven's blade users much and not having a coherent plot direction planned out in advance (it felt like the story was going this way and that, almost as if the writer couldn't decide what he wanted to do with it). I'd love to watch a second season that answers a lot of the questions brought up and goes more in to what layfon being a heaven's blade user means.
Oct 9, 2009 1:09 PM

Apr 2008
There was truly quite a lot of "WTF's" in the ending. Though it ended just like I expected. The battles was rather poorly made.
I mean like "WOW! Two guys clashing swords with each other and screams "GRRRR" at each other?"

The most WTF thing for me was the "Fon Fon's" and Nina's relationship.
It can be separated in following parts.
1) COOL! He is really fast, I want him to join our squad.
2) What a let down.
3) WTF? He is so much stronger then I anticipated.
4) Crap, am so weak.
5) I just let him do all the work.
6) Shait, I worked up too much fame on his account, but am still a 0.
7) Do I love that guy or hate him really badly?
8) For some unknown reason I feel like wondering in the desert.

Also, wtf? Did not Fon Fon said that he was an orphan at some point in the beginning?
Also, WTF? Is Fon fon and Leerin siblings or not?

Still, the best scenes of this anime was when Felli was knee kicking people.
ZingFreelancerOct 9, 2009 1:12 PM
I shall know no fear as I am fear incarnated
Oct 12, 2009 5:26 PM

Feb 2009
to quote Mr. Pedro from Excel Saga (the anime) "NOOOOOO!!!! WHYYYYY??!! the numbers don't add up!!!!"
Oct 17, 2009 12:12 PM

Jun 2009
Where can i download this anime?I'm BR and since I cant find in portuguese I decided to download in english but i dont know good sites to download in english.

Oct 18, 2009 1:37 PM
Apr 2009
Not entirely bad, it had a few moments - mostly Felli and Naruki (rippa no onna) related. Still astronomically far from being good. This one goes into my "will never rewatch"-box.
Dec 8, 2009 1:20 PM

Aug 2009
reaper_unique said:
second season is pretty much a given. novel is far ahead of the anime and is still ongoing. It's just a matter of when.

epic show was epic. I guess it isn't such a bad thing Layfon stayed in Zuellni it would have been harder to make a second season out of that.

at least he can rest asured that he will stay the one and only user of the heavens blade :p

So the light novels are far ahead from anime? Thanks! U gimme hope for the 2nd season because this season is awesome but unfinished. :)
Dec 8, 2009 1:37 PM

Aug 2009
Well, I've discovered that this anime only covers light novel volume 1-8 so there's likely high chance for the 2nd season since there's already 14 volumes of light novel and it's still continuing.
Dec 13, 2009 8:00 PM

Jun 2009
so many plot holes and unanswered questions.... It did entertain me quite a bit though, Layfon is a rather cool main character when's he's serious, leveling Cloud Strife IMO.

6/10, may increase to 7/10 if there's a strong second season with answers. But it's impossible to get higher.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 28, 2010 4:36 PM
Feb 2010
Am I the only one who watches anime to entertain themselves and not criticize everything that happens? If you realized you didn't like the anime in the first few episodes, then why keep watching it. Drop it earlier instead of waiting to watch the final episode and then complaining how many problems it had.

Apr 4, 2010 10:49 PM

Aug 2007
Wow that show how OP Layfon is when Savaris is a heaven blade user himself plus he got a power up from that goat...! Also i took so many heaven blade users to kill that one filth monster and just layfon for the other. Other than that a decent anime. Layfon x Felli all the way!
Apr 23, 2010 12:51 PM

Mar 2010
One of worst end I've ever seen: everything (or nothing in this case) rushed in 2mins...

May 2, 2010 5:25 PM

Apr 2010
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO i cant believe its finally over. this show is one of the best anime i have seen so far. im also sad because im 99% sure that there isnt going to be a second season. i hate it when good anime only goes up to 1 season. they should make more ideas so there will be more to go on in the story. overall i give it a 20/10 cause it was that good.
May 8, 2010 9:00 PM

Apr 2010
correction. this episode was not that good because i noticed that they left to many things unsaid. therefore i give it an 8/10. and if they dont make a second season then it will just be stupid
May 20, 2010 12:13 AM

Apr 2010
Like FInal Fantasy... graphics but crome much better... T_T
May 21, 2010 10:08 PM

Apr 2010
There will be no Next episode??? damn im frustrating because this is one of my best fav.... if there is ..... next release can someone tell me...<< in manga there is crome shelled regios??
May 23, 2010 3:57 AM
Jul 2007
Just did a quick re-watch.

Agreed; what little is explained has been explained badly. So what? It was entertaining to watch; even if it had no other redeeming features it's still got a 6-8 for that. Catchy tunes, horrid lyrics, horrid engrish, Worth watching but I did find myself skipping sections during my re-watch.

Feli, Layton, Leerin, and Georgio + Monkey were the characters i enjoyed watching the most in that order. Everyone had a moment that was theirs alone. The dite mechanic was forgettable but I've always had a soft spot for the hard working techies.

Most useless character... Ms. Antalk could have been replaced with Anyone. Her special talking to electronic fairies ability is practically ignored. Besides Tonfa's are terrible weapons in video games and even animes. Look at Taishi Ci; that poor poor red coated fellow. The only person I've ever seen use a Tonfa competently was the 'cloud' discipline committee dude from Hitman. Even then he's such a nasty sob that it wouldn't matter What he used.

*ahem*

Rant aside, surfing I could deal with... I've seen far more ridiculous power ups. The air cleansing barrier pillars? They had to be able to show the funky hair blowing in the wind. The weeping left eye? Not a problem. However beating the big baddy that has had more screen time, plotting, talking, scenes ect. Then some of the starting cast... Without a fight or using a single ability. That was retarded.

I happily look forward to a season two as I enjoyed it. However it will have to have an actual plot. Otherwise I fear I may end up dropping it.
May 23, 2010 4:03 AM

Jan 2009
Satudo said:
Look at Taishi Ci; that poor poor red coated fellow.
He's actually pretty good though.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
May 26, 2010 8:35 PM

Apr 2010
Is there any update in manga... ??
Jun 27, 2010 8:09 AM

Jul 2009
Big WTF end... But I think Chrome is great series. I like plot, it's not boring at all. Art sometimes is not good, but I don't mind xD.

And "wtf inserts" with Saya and badass men it's not a movie that characters was watching during series? They are real and from another world... I don't get it >_<

Anyway I enjoyed this show. 9/10. And looking for 2nd season ^^

ps: Felli is so cute when angry <3 I like her bonebreak kick xD
Aug 14, 2010 12:58 PM

Mar 2007
I fucking love Shante! Nekomimi rebreather helmets are fucking awesome and her useless tail on her suit... pure win!

Other than that this anime is one big contradiction after another. After building up so much drama over so many plot points, when the climax for that happens, its done in less than 3 minutes. Why Layfon's original crew play a bigger role?!? Alot of other things i can rage about but those are the big ones. Also, What the hell is up with the engrish subplot? After it finished, it made no sense whatsoever. "okay so saya is from an alternate dimension" All that to build it up to that "saya" will save the day? Comon, Enduring over 1000 words of engrish should be more eventful than that.

If there is another bad season of this i'll probably watch it out of obligation. But the 3/10 art style 4/10 storyline and the 2/10 romance, really pretty much sums up this whole series. Even the final episode didn't even look good, the only difference in detail is that there is alot more wind blowing.
I mean this was supposed to be made in 2009.... Rosario Vampire has better production value than this crapshoot.
RanivusAug 14, 2010 1:02 PM

"What happens when we die?" I know that the ones who love us will miss us.
Sep 20, 2010 4:59 PM
Mar 2010
i jus wanna know how the f*** a sword could fly much less be ridden? I think the series was a success so i gav it a 9/10 assuming there will be a season 2...which there betr cuz felli needs more screentime and nina+fonfon=amazing. o and there were 2 many loose ends so im reading the light novel now which will hopefully clear things up lolz
Nov 17, 2010 5:12 PM

May 2009
finally this shit is over.

first half was ok, but then shit just got out of hand and so much shit was "wtf" and not to mention the main guy is like super man.
i created a club that is building up a emotional "feels" anime collections
so if anyone wants to join it and get emotional together please come and join us <3
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=18987
Click for link^
Jan 14, 2011 5:04 PM

Jul 2010
I just finished re-watching the anime and I totally love it, 9/10. The only bad char was Leerin, she's so annoying and useless all the time -_-" if she hadn't waited with the Katana Layfon wouldn't be beaten up. Stupid girl... But I totally loved this anime, too bad there isn't a second season!
Mar 20, 2011 7:14 PM

Jan 2010
Tarje said:
I'm giving it a 6/10

- horrible pacing
- too many questions left unanswered
- annoying characters getting too much screentime (I'm looking at you, Nina)

like someone said before, this episode should have been three episodes. It really felt rushed.

I think the heavens blade users should have received more screentime, some of them actually looked interesting (as opposed to the trio of annoying girls on Zuellni)

I really hate giving this show such a 6/10, mostly because I loved the first couple episodes (I love the barren wasteland setting)

As for the sword-riding Layfon? Terrible.

And don't get me started on the engrish, just no.
Couldn't have said it better. Only that I am not even giving it a 6. A 4 or a 5 at most is more suitable for this anime. I mean, honestly, even if we only looks at the ending, it was terrible. The baddest guy in the whole show went flying after just one hit (was it even a hit?) with the sword that flies and defends irritating characters by itself, and lets not forget, can carry passengers.

And about the only good fight there ever was in this show was the one in episode one, when the three fought that mature filth monster...
May 9, 2011 3:37 AM

Aug 2010
Too bad this episode was rushed, it had some great moments. I still don't understand many things about the plot either. 4/5.

The wholes series however...wow. I'm not that much of a fan of action/adventure/fantasy mixes but this anime delivered. Unlike some other franchises, for example Index, I was sucked into this show and didn't facepalm every second episode over something so ludicrous that even an anime would look stupid incorporating in. Sure, it had it's flaws which could have been avoided, but I think they did a wonderful job of delivering a decent series. It was good and I enjoyed it so much. Giving it a 9/10.

Too bad Layfon didn't choose Felli, I really liked them together. It was nice to get that last kick, well done Felli, that guy is really an idiot, isn't he?
May 22, 2011 12:50 PM

Dec 2009
I thought the series in its entirety was a lot like 07-ghost in that they both left too many unanswered questions for me to really like it. I thought they both had a lot of potential and could have been really good, but too many things left unverified. 2nd season is definitely needed in order to explain some things and keep fans happy. :D
Jun 2, 2011 7:24 PM

Jul 2010
Kvakond said:
Furthermore, I am of the opinion that Nina should have died there!

really? you still hate her??

Kvakond said:

lol this is funny, felli is an awesome character, i sure hell wouldn't like my shins broken

Jun 13, 2011 11:23 PM

Apr 2009
I'm a little confused but I really enjoy it. I wish Layfon stayed with Leerin but at least he still writes her letters. I think Nina should have died there, to be honest.

I really love Fon Fon, sigh. Im a sucker for his type.
Aug 5, 2011 1:39 AM

Sep 2010
I thought it was ok overall. I lost interest after 1/3 of the way through.
Aug 21, 2011 5:36 AM

Jul 2011
I still hope for a second season !!!!!!
Aug 31, 2011 12:38 PM

Apr 2011
LOOKING FORWARD FOR SECOND SEASON
Oct 11, 2011 2:27 PM

Feb 2010
I give this a 8.5/10 so a 9 lol. Hopefully there is a second season though I want to know much more about the other Heaven Blades and the wolf mask dudes.

If there isnt a second season in this Ill have to lower my rating to a 7/10.
Sheepshaman.png
Oct 27, 2011 10:02 PM

May 2010
I don't even...
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jan 13, 2012 12:16 AM

Sep 2011
Overall I thought this Anime was pretty good. Some unanswered questions but whatever, it was still an enjoyable watch! (mostly because of Felli) <3 :D
Jan 16, 2012 3:56 PM

Aug 2011
So ummm why did he give back his heaven's blade at the end??? Srsly wtf!!!
5547r8.jpgNaxrrhid.png
Feb 23, 2012 11:54 PM
May 2011
series was better than i expected
Nov 15, 2012 12:07 PM
Jun 2010
bbrcher said:
I liked it as well, but wasn't a hug fan of riding his sword through the air :P
Have to agree.... That looked totally stupid compared to rest of anime...
Dec 20, 2012 5:10 PM

Dec 2012
Not bad, not brilliant, so many questions left to be answered. Here's a couple of them; what is saya? why the hell can layfon fly on a sword? what is face-man? who is dick?
May 17, 2013 4:00 AM

Sep 2012
series was really good but except for some unanswered questions
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 7, 2013 8:59 AM
Jun 2013
I was wondering does the anime count as its own thing from the novel?
Jul 11, 2013 1:58 AM

Sep 2012
Gaaaaaaaaah. Didn't like the ending, watched it four years later and no season 2. There goes my hope. Looks like I'm better of reading the LN. So many unexplained things, like that other world concept.
Jul 25, 2013 3:19 AM

Jun 2012
this series is dead
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chrome Shelled Regios Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShanaFlame - May 30, 2009

63 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 21, 2023 10:58 PM

Poll: » Chrome Shelled Regios Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShanaFlame - May 23, 2009

52 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 21, 2023 10:30 PM

Poll: » Chrome Shelled Regios Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MrTerrorist - May 17, 2009

88 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 21, 2023 9:55 PM

Poll: » Chrome Shelled Regios Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Quickfox - May 3, 2009

56 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 21, 2023 8:40 PM

Poll: » Chrome Shelled Regios Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ariapokoteng - Apr 18, 2009

62 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 21, 2023 7:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.