3It was OK
23.4%
2Disliked it
5.4%
1Hated it
2.9%
Average 4.0
278 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 20, 2009 3:16 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Savaris gives a blow to Nina and is met by Layfon. Just when he's going to finish Nina off, Layfon protects her. The spirit inside Nina came out and possess Savaris, while Layfon save Nina. Savaris is overwhelmed by the power he just obtained, he then proceeds to go for Layfon firing the area around him. Saya woke up and brings Layfon's Heaven Blade to him when he's having trouble fighting Savaris. The Blade reflect Savaris's attack and defeat him(killing him i suppose). Leerin finally fives Layfon the katana and Layfon proceed to activate it. To makes things better, he merged both his katana and the Heaven Blade making them more powerful than before :D

The filth monsters evolves so much that it has become very strong, 1 of them fly towards Zuellni and attack it. After so long, we finally get to see Mayshen again... But wow!!! Layfon using his weapon like a board to fly towards to monster was pretty cool :) Zuellni end up firing the cannon to kill the filth monster after it got wounded by Layfon while the other Heaven Blade wielders kill the other filth monster.

After that, Grendan part ways with Layfon staying in Zuellni. Lintence is having a chat with Layfon through telepathic abilitity which is good to hear^^ Felli kicks Layfon knee again because of Leering XD Layfon still continues to write letters to Leerin, but it would have been good to see him go back to Grendan^^ although then he will end up abandoning all his friends in Zuellni.
ShanaFlameJun 20, 2009 4:28 PM
Jun 20, 2009 4:09 PM
Jul 2018
I liked it as well, but wasn't a hug fan of riding his sword through the air :P
Jun 21, 2009 4:00 AM
Jul 2008
[color=#ff0000]Wow, the ending was great. Savaris deserved what was coming to him, only desiring power, using any means necessary, and abusing his power once acquiring it. I still can't believe that Saya controlled Layfon's heavenly blade. Still surprised how he fused the Psyharden blade with the Heavenly Blade together.

The evolving filth monster keeps evolving to funnier shapes, but the destructive power is amazing to watch, seeing it open its mouth and firing multiple laser beams from eye like structure. I wasn't a fan of how Layfon rode on the newly combined sword. It seemed so stupid, just reminds me of Kirby Air Ride. I liked how they fought the filth monster.

I like how the ended this series. How everyone recognizes Layfon as a heavenly-blade owner. Layfon gets a Felli kick and still keeps in touch with Leerin.
I wanted to see Layfon go back to Grendan to spend his time with Leerin, but oh well, the ending was good enough.
Jun 21, 2009 4:00 AM
Jul 2008
Wow, the ending was great. Savaris deserved what was coming to him, only desiring power, using any means necessary, and abusing his power once acquiring it. I still can't believe that Saya controlled Layfon's heavenly blade. Still surprised how he fused the Psyharden blade with the Heavenly Blade together.

The evolving filth monster keeps evolving to funnier shapes, but the destructive power is amazing to watch, seeing it open its mouth and firing multiple laser beams from eye like structure. I wasn't a fan of how Layfon rode on the newly combined sword. It seemed so stupid, just reminds me of Kirby Air Ride. I liked how they fought the filth monster.

I like how the ended this series. How everyone recognizes Layfon as a heavenly-blade owner. Layfon gets a Felli kick and still keeps in touch with Leerin.
I wanted to see Layfon go back to Grendan to spend his time with Leerin, but oh well, the ending was good enough.

I say an OVA or 2nd season were Layfon goes back to Grendan and visit Leerin!
Jun 21, 2009 7:25 AM

Sep 2007
We need a second season ! :)
Jun 21, 2009 8:40 AM

Jan 2008
second season is pretty much a given. novel is far ahead of the anime and is still ongoing. It's just a matter of when.

epic show was epic. I guess it isn't such a bad thing Layfon stayed in Zuellni it would have been harder to make a second season out of that.

at least he can rest asured that he will stay the one and only user of the heavens blade :p
Jun 21, 2009 8:52 AM

Oct 2007
"Dick!" thats what she call him.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Jun 21, 2009 9:08 AM

Aug 2008
Oh, Regios, you left me heart broken. I don't know if it was more epic, random or rushed, but probably one of the latter two since as sad it is for me to say, the pacing was a complete mess, and just the things covered in this last ep should have been done in 3 eps. Same goes for the previous one.

Savaris receiving the WonderRam from Nina was totally random as well as the goatheads appearing and disappearing in the tunnels. The Savaris vs Layfon fight had zero choreography and it was just shots of FonFon getting hit by energyballs popping in. At the flying sword and katana combine scene I couldn't do much but laugh in the most uncomfortable way. Same for FonFon's surf scene. The defeating of the filth monster was too rushed, not talking about the other one in Grendan. Sigh..

At least Felli was fun as usual. Well as much as it doesn't deserve it, I'm giving the show an 8/10 for now, for I loved it very much (mostly Felli), despite all of it's annoying flaws, especially towards the end.

See you all in Season 2! (I hope)

Furthermore, I am of the opinion that Nina should have died there!

Jun 21, 2009 9:43 AM

Feb 2008
great anime, hoping for a season 2 also 8/10
Jun 21, 2009 10:06 AM

Mar 2008
Nice episode, the battle was great, but it's sad Layfon and Leerin have to be separated again... She's the Queen's daughter ? More complications... ^^

Well, a second season seems highly possible, at least to explain the relations between Ignasis and Regios, Saya's motives, etc... We still don't know a lot after 24 episodes...
Jun 21, 2009 10:14 AM
Dec 2008
It seem rushed... Hope they have a second season to better clarify a few things...
Jun 21, 2009 10:33 AM
Mar 2008
Overall liked the ending except for the super battle being rushed, lack of coolish heaven's blade users screentime, and Layfon "lifting". Episode left me really wanting a second season.
Jun 21, 2009 10:42 AM

Jul 2008
wow 2 godly swords combined into 1 =D
What i thought -
Kill monster , YAY, The End
lol
overall it was ok , ending was decent imo
Jun 21, 2009 11:10 AM

Aug 2007
Kvakond said:
Oh, Regios, you left me heart broken. I don't know if it was more epic, random or rushed, but probably one of the latter two since as sad it is for me to say, the pacing was a complete mess, and just the things covered in this last ep should have been done in 3 eps. Same goes for the previous one.

Savaris receiving the WonderRam from Nina was totally random as well as the goatheads appearing and disappearing in the tunnels. The Savaris vs Layfon fight had zero choreography and it was just shots of FonFon getting hit by energyballs popping in. At the flying sword and katana combine scene I couldn't do much but laugh in the most uncomfortable way. Same for FonFon's surf scene. The defeating of the filth monster was too rushed, not talking about the other one in Grendan. Sigh..

At least Felli was fun as usual. Well as much as it doesn't deserve it, I'm giving the show an 8/10 for now, for I loved it very much (mostly Felli), despite all of it's annoying flaws, especially towards the end.

See you all in Season 2! (I hope)

Furthermore, I am of the opinion that Nina should have died there!

You pretty much summed up all of my thoughts about this show; I agree with everything you said.

And here's to hoping for a second season to tie up the crapload of loose ends they left us with! -.-

7/10 for the moment (only because of Felli).
WinterNightsFallJun 24, 2009 7:00 PM

Felli disapproves of this thread.
Jun 21, 2009 11:23 AM

Dec 2007
I'm giving it a 6/10

- horrible pacing
- too many questions left unanswered
- annoying characters getting too much screentime (I'm looking at you, Nina)

like someone said before, this episode should have been three episodes. It really felt rushed.

I think the heavens blade users should have received more screentime, some of them actually looked interesting (as opposed to the trio of annoying girls on Zuellni)

I really hate giving this show such a 6/10, mostly because I loved the first couple episodes (I love the barren wasteland setting)

As for the sword-riding Layfon? Terrible.

And don't get me started on the engrish, just no.
Jun 21, 2009 11:23 AM

Nov 2007
8/10 as well. some cool moments but a 2nd season is needed. the weird english parts/saya in Leering ? / and all the other world stuff is still really unexplained. Layfon's heaven blade/katana was pretty cool but as a surfboard?

I want to see more of the other heavens blades to, especially the girl who looked like a witch. there's still that weird wolf head cult and that guy that fought them. why did they attack then? oh and if I understood right, Leering is Layfon's sister? so Felli and Nina can still get with him? more questions really than answers.
Jun 21, 2009 11:48 AM

Sep 2008
bbrcher said:
I liked it as well, but wasn't a hug fan of riding his sword through the air :P

yea I second this..

The ending was alright.. finished some questions I had but there was till more, it also seemed rushed these past 2 eps.. and why ddi they have to build up giving the dite to layfon for about 15eps.. -_- I was like "is it time to see the power yet!!!"... ugh..

oh well it was decent just dropped alittle towards the end.
Jun 21, 2009 11:55 AM

May 2009
All the complaints about the show's pacing are on the money. Still, I can't say that I didn't enjoy the finale. Actually, it was a lot of fun if it's not taken too seriously.
Jun 21, 2009 12:15 PM

Apr 2009
I 'd have to say this series was so so at the end 7/10. Not over the top, but not endlessly boring.
I am the light and the darkness tossed away by fate.
I am hope and despair needed by all and to none.
I am CuresDestiny.
Fear me or Not it is all the same to me.
<insert maniacal laughter here>

Jun 21, 2009 12:37 PM

Aug 2008
4/10

So Savaris being a Heaven's blader and having the haikizoku should mean a really long great challenge to Layfon? Right?

No. Basically, what I said from the first episode was true: Regios is a harem masked as an action show. Since basically the show had nothing to do with action (since each action sequence was around 30 seconds at the most), we're left with overused tsundere comedy, Layfon's girlfriends, and Leerin being molested.

Felli's brother continued to be useless, Saya turns into a sword, some random stuff about Dying slave, and the air being cleaned...

It was all just inane. They did a solid job of wrapping stuff up, but they just added some very unnecessary, unintelligible elements to the story for no reason...and failed to give one good fight throughout the whole run.

I don't get.
Jun 21, 2009 12:40 PM

Nov 2007
A great ending !! \O/

I can't wait now for the next season !!
Dick : "In other words, this is only the beginning." !! =D

Jun 21, 2009 1:23 PM
Nov 2007
ZGMF_Balmung said:
A great ending !! O/

I can't wait now for the next season !!

ZGMF_Balmung said:

ZGMF_Balmung said:

Dick

I always have to laugh when I read his name...

Summing up my thoughts of this episode: gfdsfdsgfsffggfsf

I didn't really get most of the stuff happened, for example why the heck these giant pillars got out of the earth and suddenly cleaned the air. Layfon drawing his Psyharden Katana was imo a really cool moment in this ep.
Jun 21, 2009 2:18 PM

Oct 2008
i am disappointed that he gave back Heavven's blade ;/ did he hold psychadren katana then? why leerin came back to grendan ... i thought she wanted to stay with layfon ... that's why she had left grendan before -_-
final kick was awesome ^_^ and this shout "ITAI" :> ^_^ nice one ^_^
i think i'll have to read manga :> ^_^ anyway at the begining i had rated it 10/10 but ... few of episodes weren't as good as firsts, middle episodes had only one good point Felli ;p ^_^ also final developement ofc. was spectacular but i wanted to see psychadren master ("layfon") in action not just one hit ...
for me 8/10 overall ... it means that's worth watching ;] but not really a masterpiece
Jun 21, 2009 2:22 PM
Oct 2008
Yeah, I wish he would have kept the Heaven's Blade.
Jun 21, 2009 2:40 PM

Feb 2008
Very disappointing episode. Sure Layfon gets to wield an enormously powerful sword, but the fight scenes were horrible. Savaris was blown away with one blow (without the psyharden katana) and the filth monster didn't really need Layfon to kill it. The canon took care of it.

Loose ends? The same loose ends remain as at the end of episode 23. Nothings wrapped up. Very very disappointing.
Jun 21, 2009 3:03 PM

Sep 2008
For second there I had the feeling Layfon was fighting Grimmjow and not Savaris... The same malicious laughter and all those energy blasts... XD
Jun 21, 2009 3:10 PM

Jul 2008
I liked the serie but there's too many question being unanswered.
I hope for a second season and this time I hope that they will explain thing better.

@Aeons: Savaris took his own blast right on and we don't have proof that he's dead he just left, I would really likely see Savaris as one of the bad guys of a second season.

Yeah right off the start the canon could destroy the filth monster but it couldn't aim at it, that's where Layfon come in. Personnaly I would have found it stranger that layfon, one heaven blade, kill a dying slave (which if I understood well is stronger than a normal filth monster) while some other heaven blade had trouble dealing with a normal one.
Jun 21, 2009 3:25 PM

Sep 2008
Tarje said:
I'm giving it a 6/10

- horrible pacing
- too many questions left unanswered
- annoying characters getting too much screentime (I'm looking at you, Nina)

like someone said before, this episode should have been three episodes. It really felt rushed.

I think the heavens blade users should have received more screentime, some of them actually looked interesting (as opposed to the trio of annoying girls on Zuellni)

I really hate giving this show such a 6/10, mostly because I loved the first couple episodes.

As for the sword-riding Layfon? Terrible..

qft, especially bolded part.
Anyhow, I gave this show 5/10, for all the reasons mentioned above, and some more.
Jun 21, 2009 3:32 PM

Dec 2007
The plot was at times pretty jumbled up at times, but overall it was a very enjoyable show. This needs a second season so that the plot can get going for real and so that we can get more Felli. :3

8/10
Jun 21, 2009 3:43 PM

May 2008
5/10, It may increase if there is a 2nd season that gives us all the answers
Jun 21, 2009 4:45 PM

Feb 2008
noteDhero said:

No. Basically, what I said from the first episode was true: Regios is a harem masked as an action show. Since basically the show had nothing to do with action (since each action sequence was around 30 seconds at the most), we're left with overused tsundere comedy, Layfon's girlfriends, and Leerin being molested.

I checked the tags a couple of times when I started watching it to double check to see about it being a harem anime. It seemed to me that it was more harem then action.

I'm also confused if Leerin is really the Queens daughter why would the Queen then go and molest her? I suspected that she might of been the queens daughter when that girl who sometimes posses as the Queen was cut off mid sentense and almost chocked to death in earlier episodes and I guess I am gald that was confirmed in this episode.

And Leerin and Layfon are they adoptive brother and sister? I am now curios to know more of there history. Do they consider themselves brother and sister even though they consider the same man there father?

The last episode seemed rushed and I was confused a few times and really hope that there is a season two. Overall I enjoyed this season.
Jun 21, 2009 5:00 PM

Feb 2008
this anime started out with a bang but then started to decline. the ending was basic and really not nearly as exciting as one would hope. they probably should have a second season but it would be ok if they didn't.
Jun 21, 2009 5:04 PM

Apr 2009
Too bad it is over. It seemed like more information was starting to come together towards the end. Such as the link between Saya/Leerin and the "other world." I also wish we got to see more of the other Heaven's Blade users from Grendan.

I can't say it was a bad series. I enjoyed it, just hope that there is a possibility for a second season to put more pieces to the puzzle together.
Jun 21, 2009 5:05 PM

Mar 2009
It was really nice anime. It was worth watching it. But for me it gave too many question without any suggestions or answes. Next season or ova Im wating for that:D
8/10
Jun 21, 2009 6:39 PM

Jan 2009
At first, I really liked this show, but towards the middle and espicially the end, everything just fell apart. Another heavens blade reciever gets a huge power upgrade and Layfon beats him in 1 second.

This show lacked any good fight scenes. I wanted to see Layfon go all out and actually have trouble. That would have been a good fight, but it never happened.

And as other people have mentioned, the pacing for this show was awful. Espicailly the last arc. Some parts were dragged out longer than they needed to be and some things were rushed. They should have taken more episodes to explain what happened in the last episode like.....

- why the air suddenly became clean
- how the masked people fit into everything
- Leerin's eye to defeat the monsters

there are some others but those were the first ones to pop into my head.

7/10 for this show because the begining was good, the middle was ok, and the ending sucked. The begining balanced out the ending.
Jun 21, 2009 7:21 PM

Aug 2008
It was OK, i mean the action and all that was pretty good. But fuck... it was either you sucked balls or you were god like and i hated that. The fighting was ehhh, but i mean damn for christ sake even out the playing field everything was pretty much one sided in all fights there was no real struggle between fighting factions and that really blows this for me. A second season wouldn't be to bad, but it would be better as long as they fix the action.
Jun 21, 2009 7:54 PM

Jun 2007
Hronic said:
i am disappointed that he gave back Heavven's blade ;/ did he hold psychadren katana then? why leerin came back to grendan ... i thought she wanted to stay with layfon ... that's why she had left grendan before -_-
final kick was awesome ^_^ and this shout "ITAI" :> ^_^ nice one ^_^
i think i'll have to read manga :> ^_^ anyway at the begining i had rated it 10/10 but ... few of episodes weren't as good as firsts, middle episodes had only one good point Felli ;p ^_^ also final developement ofc. was spectacular but i wanted to see psychadren master ("layfon") in action not just one hit ...
for me 8/10 overall ... it means that's worth watching ;] but not really a masterpiece

leerin couldn't stay with Lafon because Grendar would follow her. She was the cause of Grendar and the other city coming together.

@Feball3001 - Both Lafon and Leerin where orphans. They where both adopted by the old man that teaches the way of the katana. This is why they refer to each other as brother and sister.

The queen's comment about "This may have been my daughter" is referring to if her fiancé and her stayed together and had a kid. On the flip side it didnt happen so Leerin is the daughter of the queens fiancé and some other women. For some reason the queen feels she needs to protect her as if she was her own child. As she mentions her fiancé escaped. We can assume he escaped from being sucked into this made up world that Saya created.
Jun 21, 2009 8:24 PM

Jul 2008
krumisimo said:
For second there I had the feeling Layfon was fighting Grimmjow and not Savaris... The same malicious laughter and all those energy blasts... XD

UH I WISH. I miss him.

Disappointing last episode, um, if Savaris got the thing out of Nina so easily, why couldn't they do that with Dinn? Please don't cite power-differences 'cause that is a little hax-ish for my taste.

Fight scenes were bad. Ending was bad. Though they did leave it open for another season, which I'm hoping for, since this show had a lot of potential, but if not, I'm sliding this one under the rug and hope to never think of it again.

Plus I'm not big fans of the main characters anyway to be honest, they're alright. Just alright. I'd rather have a crazy spin-off of the show: Grenden style.

Um, 6/10. Or maybe 7.

Also: Nice job riding your sword like a surfboard, Layfon.
cabaretJun 21, 2009 8:46 PM
Jun 21, 2009 8:32 PM

Mar 2009
Fonfon is quite GAR uh? i pretty like the way he combined his 2 weapons ;D
Mokyuu♥~!!

Jun 21, 2009 9:14 PM

Jan 2009
Not a bad conclusion to this season. Layfon did a double medium with his psyharden katana and his heaven's blade then proceeded to reffed with it Nirvash-style. They could have shed more light on the events though, it felt pretty random imo.
Jun 21, 2009 10:17 PM

Mar 2009
oh, c'mon!!! that was it?!! i think the fight was way short...and what was that? the haikizoku left Nina jsu like that??! i think the pace was just too fast...season 2 please...

hmmm..i'd give it an 8/10 but since the art was decent i've raised it up to 9/10..grrr...Nina didn't really had any role on this episode (so frustrating)..and in even in the end...i never liked Felli!!! She's just soo damn irritating/annoying..she keeps kicking layfon..oh please, be more honest, sheesh!!!...

=>Nina fan...XD
Jun 21, 2009 10:36 PM

Sep 2008
Great ending, was only let down by the way Savaris was defeated. I really enjoyed the entire series though, was quite unique. And i love uniqueness :) Had some quite interesting ideas as well. From the looks of it there will be a 2nd season (and i hope so too).

well 8/10. Enjoyed it.
Jun 21, 2009 10:41 PM

Jun 2008
ShiroiRyu said:
We need a second season ! :)

agree i see to much left undone and unsaid i loved the show but we need a second season with a much deeper plot i loved the character development but thats almost all the show was
Jun 21, 2009 10:45 PM

Aug 2008
there better be a second season!!

the fighting was short a usual but still ok.

i loved the series layfon x fonfon.

i liked the ending fuck i hate it when series end makes me sad ffs.

until we meet again chrome shelled.
Jun 21, 2009 11:42 PM
Apr 2008
OK episode for me too, but yeah if everything could be lengthened & the details given out it would be a lot better. I have a feeling that half of the details were missed out from the novel version in this episode.

As for the air being cleaned out didn't they briefly say that Saya was the reason those pillars come out?
Jun 21, 2009 11:51 PM

Jun 2009
Seems like some people have been complaining about things like "The goat heads in the tunnel were completely pointless".

Things like this are wat make me of the opinion that there is definately a second series/season planned. I have no idea what the masked guys were talking about, How is Saya's world in the grey flashback-looking things related to the post-appocolyptic world that most of the show takes place in? Also, at the end the orange haired enigmatic guy told Nina "this is only the begining", and what was with that "Her (Leerin's) power is in her right eye" thing? all that, coupled with the fact that I hear the manga continues past this point, mean that there is probably going to be a second series.

However, there was the staff member who died durring production (Hence the tribute at the end), so the series may have been intended to be longer, but was cut short because of that.
--
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

This is Kitty. Copy Kitty to your signature to help her achieve world domination!
Jun 21, 2009 11:52 PM

Nov 2007
Lets see, I'm still rather conflicted

Pros:
-Possible 2nd season due to open end
-New revelations and hard to understand plot points
-Felli kick at the end

Cons:
-Layfon fusing his two swords (I didn't mind the surfing, its the fusion that irked me >_>)
-Random Nina shouting LAYFON when he attacked
-Savaris vs Havens Blade Layfon lasted... virtually as much time as it took to blink...
-Lack of Heavens Bladers, especially foul mouthed witch

Overall, although the story is rather messy and underdeveloped as well as Nina... being Nina, Regios has been one of the more enjoyable series this season, especially when treated as an introduction to the series. I'm overlooking most of the cons and hope for a 2nd season that will clear things up and have a more coherent storyline.

"In other words, this is only the beginning"
Jun 22, 2009 12:48 AM

Aug 2007
Jun 22, 2009 2:01 AM

Oct 2008
noteDhero said:
4/10

So Savaris being a Heaven's blader and having the haikizoku should mean a really long great challenge to Layfon? Right?

Felli's brother continued to be useless, Saya turns into a sword, some random stuff about Dying slave, and the air being cleaned...

It was all just inane. They did a solid job of wrapping stuff up, but they just added some very unnecessary, unintelligible elements to the story for no reason...and failed to give one good fight throughout the whole run.

I don't get.

Agree, I give it a 6-7/10... Watching 24 episodes but still have no idea what's going on Oo

(*^ー゚)b ( ̄∇ ̄*)♪
Jun 22, 2009 2:37 AM
Jun 2009
Arhh the only way to find out whats going on is read the light novels but they are not all translated...
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chrome Shelled Regios Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShanaFlame - May 30, 2009

63 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 21, 2023 10:58 PM

Poll: » Chrome Shelled Regios Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShanaFlame - May 23, 2009

52 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 21, 2023 10:30 PM

Poll: » Chrome Shelled Regios Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MrTerrorist - May 17, 2009

88 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 21, 2023 9:55 PM

Poll: » Chrome Shelled Regios Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Quickfox - May 3, 2009

56 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 21, 2023 8:40 PM

Poll: » Chrome Shelled Regios Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ariapokoteng - Apr 18, 2009

62 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 21, 2023 7:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.