Forum Settings
Forums
Vinland Saga
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 13, 2019 12:57 AM

Sep 2019
keragamming said:
Peeti said:
So how great was the prologue.

It was great overall and I am looking forward to the farm arc, as I have heard both positive and negative opinion on it, going in with a open mind.

You are adding noo amine etc in your list but you're not able to completing them even if they are started.
"I think I wanted to attack something. Like betraying people or hurting people. And, well, it's not exactly nice, but hurting the readers too... In all honestly, I feel that's what I really wanted to do. For me, as a reader, when I think, "this manga will remain in my heart," it means, for example, it phenomenally hurt me: It's those kinds of experiences I'm after." - Pajime Hisayama (My favourite hurting author).
Oct 13, 2019 12:08 PM

Oct 2013
Peeti said:
keragamming said:

It was great overall and I am looking forward to the farm arc, as I have heard both positive and negative opinion on it, going in with a open mind.

You are adding noo amine etc in your list but you're not able to completing them even if they are started.

I know, manga is a lot more easier to consume because I can take my time, now watching 20 minutes of anime seem really hard now, the anime have to interest me, I drop vinland saga because I already read the manga and knew most of what is going on, so I thought it was best a continue the manga, plus the anime is adding fillers and it is a bit boring.
Dec 9, 2019 12:38 PM

Nov 2016
This is still a bit too much for me...

Askeladd was a great character and definitely died on a high note, but he will be missed.

Very fitting name for this chapter. Thorfinn snapped and it's understandable. With Askeladd gone he gotta shift his focus towards a new goal. Guess the next chapter will mark the beginning of the real restart.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 20, 2020 11:52 PM

Jul 2017
Damn, I got a bit teary eyed during this. Very powerful chapter, this series is really something else.

It's heavy having to accept that Askeladd is dead. He was just too good of a character and very much welcome to stay, I still can't believe it.

I can't even begin to imagine how much more the series will develop from here on out. I guess this is where Thorfinn's character will start to step-up and remind us who the MC for this series is. Hyped!

Nov 22, 2020 6:45 AM

Jul 2017
Can't believe he died
Now idk how the rest of the manga will go
Aug 18, 2021 2:42 AM
Jul 2020
I never expected Askeladd to die for the sake of Canute if I’m gonna be honest, but him dying for his country and the man he is sworn to is also very noble of him
Sep 19, 2021 12:20 PM
Nov 2020
Ishmael said:
THIS IS AN MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Whoa. I can't believe Askeladd would willingly give his life away to Thorfinn. He died away though. This really reminded me of Berserk. Anyway I wonder how he'll continue to live the rest of his life. To kill the new King Canute for taking away his revenge or become a true warrior. I think either way watching war with the King is going to be in there.
2009...... HOLY MOLY
Sep 22, 2022 1:55 AM
Oct 2021
Best chapter made me want to watch the anime
Oct 22, 2022 8:00 PM

Aug 2021
what an end to the prologue. wow... i don't even know what to say
Oct 29, 2022 4:18 PM
May 2021
pure fucking peak, Vinland saga's prologue arc gotta be one of the best arcs in all of fiction, askellad is such a goat. same with thorfinn, same with canute, same with thorkell, same with bjorn, all goats, seeing askellad announce that he is the rightfull king of england, proceeding to kill the king, sacrificing everything for canute was so fucking cool
Feb 21, 2023 1:02 AM

Nov 2020
WOW ! The best chapter, so much tension !

I wonder how Thorfinn will recover that

Jun 14, 2023 9:27 AM

Apr 2023
Best chapter so far, i got so emotional when askellad told thorfinn to be a true warrior, amazing manga

erixqhJun 18, 2023 8:58 AM
Sep 29, 2023 8:36 AM
Sep 2018
This is where it begins, Vinland Sage. I hope to witness the end of this great story
Jan 21, 2:41 PM
Mar 2023
End of the prologue...

It was a great experience to have seen the prologue of vinland saga again, this time in the manga.

See you at the farm arc
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vinland Saga Chapter 210 Discussion

RodIshiCi - 1 hour ago

3 by Animeunderrated »»
29 minutes ago

» vinland saga manga is ending soon

deg - Apr 13

7 by deg »»
Apr 24, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Chapter 191 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BigPPFumiya - Feb 25, 2022

74 by jgreene »»
Apr 18, 9:12 PM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Chapter 209 Discussion

ryzxgum - Feb 23

22 by TheMangaManiac »»
Apr 15, 4:41 PM

» Some great music to listen to while reading?

Ghoultulhu - Aug 26, 2015

8 by enigmasauce »»
Apr 5, 8:10 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.