Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Dec 15, 2013 6:41 AM

Jun 2008
I almost thought they forgot about the teddy bear and Yui's necklace thingie. Ayato being shown as the last one was expected... The ending wasn't very special, but at least they kept the quality (concerning the art) through the series.
Dec 16, 2013 1:08 PM

Aug 2011
Unexpected and abrupt ending. It felt like the pacing was very fast for the final ep. I'm still not 100% sure what happened.

Anyway, I didn't really warm up to any of the characters throughout the show. Some of their backstories were interesting but not as they are now. I liked the art, the character designs, the backgrounds and the OP song, but that's about it. Not really a fan of how the female is always helpless when it comes to the male's fangs.
Dec 20, 2013 6:04 AM

May 2010
Poor teddy, you will be remembered forever; r.i.p.

Now she is thirsty... A vampire?

Congrats, this anime didn't make full sense till the very end
Dec 20, 2013 5:18 PM

Jun 2012
yessss, it's done.

Dec 22, 2013 6:43 AM

Sep 2012
it seems no one likes this and i don't get it why. but it was short and sweet for me. the thing i like the most is that they are real vampires, like vampires suppose to be. bloodthirsty. bunch of extremely sexy scenes. love the ending! i want more!! 7/10
私の力はあなたの理解を超えています
Dec 22, 2013 12:54 PM

Dec 2011
Lol this show was bad. Giving it a 5/10 cuz Ayato was cute af

Dec 28, 2013 1:30 PM

Dec 2007
I just realized that this was made by idea factory. This amuses me.
Jan 4, 2014 12:03 AM

Mar 2008
Probably one of the most anticlimatic endings ever. I still actually enjoyed the show though considering i did not expect much from the story from the start

Paul said:
Oh mah god this show's ending was too fucking hilarious.

Knife isn't even in that deep and does critical damage.
Tea guy just happens to have a book on how to cure her.
I guess that green fire is magical fire that only burns one room.
Everyone else just stands there thinking something will save her, and LOL it does.
She's back to being their bitch.

Man, these reverse harems shows these days are doing horrible.
Im pretty sure it wasnt a book on how to cure her it looked like just a science textbook for research.
Jan 4, 2014 5:17 AM

Jul 2013
The last episode was good. 8/10

I will wait for the season 2!
Mar 6, 2014 2:48 PM

Aug 2013
Story = 4/10.
Art = 9/10.
Music = 8/10
Characters = 6/10.
Enjoyment = 9/10.

Watched all episodes in one go and even though the story was really mediocre I highly enjoyed it for some reason. Yui was really pretty and the vampires looked cool even though they were quite inconsistent in character with all of them just wanting Yui for her sweet sweet blood (yum!) but then suddenly caring about what happens to her as if she's some important friend to them...

I loved the parts when they all sucking her blood on her neck and legs damn I wanted to join in! :D

I want second season with a better plot and more erotic blood sucking rape :P (Yes I'm a pervert I don't care).

Overall: 8/10
Mar 6, 2014 2:54 PM

Aug 2013
sorashika said:
it seems no one likes this and i don't get it why. but it was short and sweet for me. the thing i like the most is that they are real vampires, like vampires suppose to be. bloodthirsty. bunch of extremely sexy scenes. love the ending! i want more!! 7/10

I agree. The vampires looked and acted as vampires should. It gave off the right atmosphere that just made it really enjoyable. Many people dislike it because they try to take it too seriously. I just like to sit back and enjoy whatever is given to me, so even if the story ends up being really bad I won't have wasted my time :)
Mar 12, 2014 2:22 PM

Jun 2013
I really missed Shu <3
Mar 20, 2014 4:12 PM

Feb 2014
i don't know how to react to dis '-' i watched this in ONE NIGHT because i was so curious and now probably a DEAD END again -.-?? the only things i liked in this anime was the art and the story from episode 7 to 12 (except romance) the action of the story got me excited but.. but.. why would they all feel happy that she didn't died xD they will keep biting her anyway she's like a toy : p i was hoping for ayato X yui but didn't expect much .

why the hell did i want to watch this anime? at least the vampires were real vampires and not like in twilight (glowing like a disco ball ) LOOl
i would give this anime 4/10 i think

May 5, 2014 4:15 AM
Jan 2014
I really don't care. It's so funny how they throw in the childhood scene and expect sympathy. I still don't give a crap. And I've seen much more attractive things. But I finished it because I don't feel any emotion - I don't have a opinion about the anime besides that I dislike it and I'm not disgusted. This void feeling is worse than the feeling of guilty pleasure or horror, meaning an even lower score.
moving on.
May 5, 2014 4:47 PM
Dec 2013
I liked it but it needed some more explanation. The only reason I understood all the flashbacks and history is because I looked it up and accidentally spoiled it for myself. Otherwise there's no way I could've followed what happened. Still overall I liked it.

They had a great story to tell, actually. And it deserved more than 12 episodes with 14 minutes each. Make it 25 minutes were episode like a normal anime. >.<
WitchyCatMay 5, 2014 5:09 PM
May 24, 2014 9:04 AM

Jan 2012
I'm pretty disappointed about the overall story tbh. They could've made this a reaaaaaally good Anime with a ton of potential. Now, don't get me wrong I didn't expect anything super lovey dovey Twilight-ish but all of them were rude and abusive towards her. Bitch-chan, seriously? I'd have slapped him so hard his head would've fallen off. I'd have wished for at least one of them to be sorta protective towards her. Every scene where one of the guys appeared I was like 'owell guess whats going to happen? shes going to have her blood sucked' no dialogue, nothing that'd make them more likable except their past.
NendzAug 1, 2014 3:01 PM
Jun 29, 2014 8:01 PM

Aug 2011
This is the kind of anime you watch even tho it sucks hard.

» Escapism.

Jul 2, 2014 9:52 AM

Jan 2012
fuck this gay earth /10
Jul 5, 2014 3:01 PM
Feb 2007
Ikano said:
Well....ok ending I guess....I kinda felt like there could be more of an epilogue though... And I have no idea if she's still 'human' or a vampire now...

And seriously, what was that antidote? The visualization with the locked door makes it look like the issue is only temporarily gone despite what he says.... (locked doors are meant to be opened later, hahaha...ha....haaa.....)

And thankfully I didn't need to burn my eyes/mind in anger after watching like I had to with Amnesia....but yeah

tldr; a mediocre shoujo series with only the bishies/art going for it, if only there was a little more something.

Exactly my thoughts. Although I find Amnesia better than this. :x
Aug 19, 2014 10:26 AM
Jul 2013
I personally enjoyed this anime, so 10/10. It has interresting characters, beautiful art, and interresting story. Waiting for season two, to see more of characters pasts.
Nov 30, 2014 7:27 PM

Jun 2010
I wonder why the drink had to be given in mouth to mouth technique. Same thing if ayato just poured it to pancake's mouth from the bottle. Lame. And obviously she wouldn't swallow while being dead/unconscious.

I wonder how she stabbed herself, turned white and the guys kept thinking if she's still alive. The knife pierced her heart goddamned. And suddenly she was alive, asking how it's possible. Well of course the answer was that she doesn't need to know.. of course she does! And we wanna know it too. Having someone else's heart is just a lame excuse proving that the writer is lacking imagination.

And pancake fell for ayato. That proves she's a huge masochist who suffers from Stockholm syndrome. I wonder if she became vampire. I hope not because that's just stupid and then the guys can not such her anymore.

I'll give 6/10 for this. Pissing me off that there isn't any kind of story, the girl doesn't have personality, too many holes in the so called plot and the main idea was to have perverted guys messing with a girl (which I don't mind but enough is enough). The list would be never ending. The ending just made me shout WHAT THE FUCK out loud.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 21, 2014 2:32 AM

Mar 2014

This anime in a nutshell

Kirichan999 said:
I personally enjoyed this anime, so 10/10. It has interresting characters, beautiful art, and interresting story. Waiting for season two, to see more of characters pasts.

You won't get one.
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jan 25, 2015 1:18 PM

Jul 2013
Well that was pretty awesome.

Laito burning up Richter and Cordy's dress.

Reiji's mysterious fixin' liquor that brought Yui back and somehow dispelled Cordelia.

I assume from what Yui said at the end about being thirsty that she is a vampire now.

I liked what the guys said at the end and Ayato giving Yui back her cross.

Then Cordelia or her soul or something being chained up and locked behind a door. Interesting.

I wish there was a season 2 but I don't suppose there will be.

I really loved this show, so much I finished it in a week, wish I could have finished it quicker still though.
Feb 22, 2015 4:37 AM

May 2014
Well, I can't say I disliked it. It was interesting enough so if I had had enough free time I would have finished it in one go. It has interesting characters and story but it lacks a lot of stuff like more characters and real events. Let's see if the 2nd season will be any better.
May 13, 2015 4:08 PM
Jul 2018
If your thinking is Yui Komori a vampire now? Your answer to that question would be a yes because no human would wake up and say "I'm so thirsty" unless they were a a vampire. You could say that Yui Komori survived the awakening process which caused her to change into a vampire. Now season 2 of this anime which is called Diabolik Lovers More, Blood will be airing Sep 30th 2015 for those that didn't know.
Jun 22, 2015 3:49 PM

Nov 2014
Alright, so Diabolik Lovers is basically about a group of vampires with mommy issues who mentally and physically abuse a young woman, and, by the end, this woman becomes one of them. The story is incredibly stupid, and the execution was boring. I only give this a 2/10 because it's not as bad as Midori: Shoujo Tsubaki.
aikaflipJun 22, 2015 4:01 PM
Jun 29, 2015 2:38 AM

Apr 2015
"I'm thirsty"... Is she a vampire now? ಠ_ಠ

The first half sucks, the second half is getting interesting in my opinion, but THE ENDING!

After all the blood sucking and slacking and stabbing potatoes and laughing like you're insane, it ended with nothing good happening.

I only watched it because the vampires look so fabulous! ^^ Too bad they're heartless, sadistic bastards...

I hope this doesn't get a second season or something, this anime is really horrible. I don't know why I watched all the episodes... I regret it.

“Even if the attention isn’t forever, I’ll keep singing.”
Jul 2, 2015 10:07 PM

Mar 2014
What the hell did I just watch?
Jul 3, 2015 4:42 PM

Aug 2011
Epic Fail!!! The so-called heroine sucked (literally) and the endng seemed a perpetual hell. Now what?
Jul 25, 2015 6:37 AM
Dec 2011
a lot is left i love this series and i cant wait for a 2nd season i am going to miss the guys.. the ending was exciting its awesome really i cant wait for another season :3 there is a lot to explain :3
Oct 17, 2015 9:00 AM

Jun 2015
Kenchiin said:
This is the kind of anime you watch even tho it sucks hard.
flaxman85 said:
fuck this gay earth /10

Oct 26, 2015 12:44 PM

Jul 2008
yoite- said:
I wonder why the drink had to be given in mouth to mouth technique. Same thing if ayato just poured it to pancake's mouth from the bottle.

Obviously it was done for the sake of having Ayato kiss her. #fanservice

Well I didn't think I would enjoy this anime so much xD My only reason to watch it was to play Anime America's drinking game xD I still don't give 2 fucks about the plot (though it did get kinda interesting in the second half, though the ending was disappointing for me) or about our bland Yui, but hearing two of my favorite seiyuus was enough to keep me entertained and like half of blood sucking scenes were downright over-the-top hillarious for me (especially the one with Raito and Ayato) =D

Raito best husbando if you ask me (I'd totally fly to the Moon with him and make sweet love among the stars~) <3 though I did warm up to Ayato when he became less of an asshole. And Reiji can go f*ck himself for all I care.

6/10 from me and I think I got myself a guilty pleasure anime :D
Dec 28, 2015 2:33 PM
Sep 2015
This was an OK anime once you got over the hump of male domination. It wasn't that bad, but I really don't think that it needed another season.
Feb 15, 2016 10:24 PM

Feb 2015
Well...overall it improved towards the end. The art is pretty and the music was lovely. For those redeeming factors, 4/10.
Mar 26, 2016 2:24 AM

Mar 2010
So convenient that Reiji just HAPPENS to have a potion to save Yui, amirite? I mean, if they suspected she might be resurrected, then it would make sense, but nothing points to this conclusion. Anyway, 1/10, which means "so bad it's good." Loved to hate this show.
Apr 4, 2016 8:15 AM

May 2013
I feel traumatized now, like I'm going to need therapy.

Honestly, I feel like there was no plot and I was just listening to the ramblings of a mad man.
buunnyApr 4, 2016 8:27 AM
Apr 25, 2016 2:28 AM

Dec 2012
Wtf omg haha. I enjoyed playing the VN several years ago before I even watched the anime. Since I rekindled my fangirl side for otome games, I decided to give the anime a go. Sure, even in the VN the characters weren't exactly the most sane people around and came from fucked up horrible backgrounds; the anime is just -_-
I'm not sure if the 13 minutes length (minus the OP/ED) is the cause for the poor execution of the storyline since the VN itself is rather long, and thus a lot of plot and details were missed out.
I didn't even want to write this but I just had to after how the episodes played out. I don't even see how Ayato could have fallen in love with Yui. What!? Oh wait they're vampires, it's only the blood that matters -_-
This anime is only good if you're looking for fanservice because it would excel in that department if you aren't grossed out by the rapey and non-consensual vibes. Otherwise just play the VN. nyeh.
allo
May 26, 2016 6:10 PM

May 2013
Soooooo..... they're nice to her at the end bc she's a vampire too now?

I just don't get it smh.
Jul 27, 2016 6:27 PM

Feb 2014
4/10, this anime wasn't even that bad, people exagerate it too much, IMO.
Jul 28, 2016 1:51 AM

Jan 2014
I'm a nice person so I give it 7/10 just because of all the hot boys and so much fanservices for us girls! tough it don't deserve it....its too stupid to watch how the girl was soo dumb and i don't know why nd how but I couldn't stop myself from watching it although I wanted to......again maybe its all cuz of the fanservice and a litele mystery about their moms and uncle :P
oh and I literally skipped Everyone's message afterwards: Kanato, Laito, Shuu, Reiji, Subaru, and Ayato. in the last episode! so lame! damn such a waste! xD
if it wasn't for the last 3 episodes, it would never have got 7 from me! xD
AshnaJul 28, 2016 2:06 AM
Nov 5, 2016 5:21 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
And then ... it ends ... like ... this?
Are they KIDDING ME?

What do I have to do to get what was actually going on in this anime? o.o

Jan 23, 2017 1:10 AM
Dec 2016
I heard so many negative things about this anime but after watching it-I would rate it proudly 7.5/10-I do agree the bloodsucking should've been toned down EVEN slightly... however, it had something special I can't really describe that hooked me-might've been the past of each guy (AYATO AND SUBARU <3) that got me stuck to them. Yui didn't seem SO hopeless. I feel like if you watch this anime blindly without any knowledge of the game then it'll be quite hard to cope with the show but idk-This show just got me-It's definitely something I would want a series for though if they fix a few mistakes and improve character development (That recap was suckish AF though) THE AYATO KISS SCENE AGH! Starting More Blood now!
Feb 3, 2017 1:36 PM
Feb 2017
I liked it too. Not the best anime I have ever seen but it was fun to watch. I have to agree on the bloodsucking, though... It was too much.

I'm also going to watch More Blood! But I'm waiting for the english dub coming this March.
May 4, 2017 11:30 PM

Feb 2010
I watched this because I fell in love with the art. The art is great. Love the character designs. All the characters were beautiful! But I never expected it to be like this. By far my least favorite anime I have ever watched. Honestly the worst. :/ the last few episodes were actually pretty good. I can say that I enjoyed them. But the start was extremely hard to watch. I've never wanted to drop an anime so bad in my life. But I finished it XD 6/10 only because the last few episodes were decent. If not for those would have been like a 4.
FOLLOW MY SOCIAL MEDIA IF YOU LIKE COSPLAY ADN ANIME RELATED VIDEOS!
https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyMeilin
https://www.facebook.com/Ladymeilin
May 30, 2017 8:57 AM

Mar 2010
I feel like i wasted time...
5/10 cause of the art...

And this was no ending plus no vamp cause of the messages afterwards...

Dont get why they save her if all shes good for is blood lol

And yes i watched all hoping for a good end and imptovements. Ive had shows which made me change my mind

GyarutsundereMay 30, 2017 9:00 AM
Oct 9, 2017 12:17 AM

Sep 2017
oh thank god this anime is over! it was so painful to watch! only reason I watched this piece of shit was to see how bad it was. and yeah, it was really that bad. so terrible it hurts! (and I am NOT using that smilie)
Nov 9, 2017 5:34 AM

Jul 2016
This was seriously one of the most pathetic anime I've seen so far. I watched this knowing it would be bad but never expected it to be this bad. There's not a single effort in the characterization department, EVERY character is so boring, one-dimensional and changes their motives without a single reason.
I've seen many shitty vampire anime, but this one takes the cake. Sitting right next to Pupa as the second worst anime (not including OVA and hentai) I've ever watched. Why was this even created? How are there people that even liked this appalling plot?
During the first 6 episodes, it was simply a vampire sausage fest where every vampire sucked the MC's blood, but it was actually better while there was no plot...

I ain't even say anything else, there are so many things wrong with this work to point them all without getting to the 1000th word.
Good job Diabolik Lovers, you truly deserve this shiny 1/10!
INU4SH4Nov 12, 2017 4:11 PM
Futari wa Milky Holmes was a mistake
Yoshii did nothing wrong

Jul 22, 2019 4:21 PM
Jul 2019
HoNestly i actually liked it lol i don't get why people are still watching this when they hate it so much. Like stop watching it if you dislike it and find it gross. It's annoying to see how people hate it since you're wasting your time writing it while you could be doing something. Just ignore this and watch another anime. I must say the show was very spiCy and interesting, but the ending felt somewhat unfinished. It was fun watching this in one night and saying dumb comments while watching lol. I kinda miss it now, even tho i'm super late. But it was good to me. :] (also i shipped her with ayato the whole time and they were like the closest with each other so it was all gud heh)
GoldenHobiJul 22, 2019 4:27 PM
May 30, 2020 6:11 PM
Jan 2019
"I'm thirsty" at the end fkn broke me
That was the stupidest ending of all episodes
But other then that it was executed well
Jul 9, 2020 2:53 AM

Nov 2019
It's impressive how she didn't kill any of the guys with this dagger in order to escape but had the courage to kill herself. Oh, and the moment when she woke up and saw all the guys surrounding her and worrying about her wellbeing was so touching. You forget all the abuse...probably

I'm not lying.
                    I'd never lie.....
                    Perhaps
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Diabolik Lovers Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2013

129 by Ilookgood »»
Apr 21, 6:37 AM

Poll: » Diabolik Lovers Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Sep 16, 2013

230 by WifuSimulator666 »»
Mar 21, 8:42 AM

Poll: » Diabolik Lovers Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Sep 23, 2013

191 by oniichantaihei »»
Dec 19, 2023 10:37 AM

» Plot?

sharkbay - Jul 19, 2021

10 by Utahime__ »»
Oct 13, 2023 2:42 AM

Poll: » Diabolik Lovers Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2013

105 by averagecupofjo »»
Aug 6, 2023 4:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.