Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Yozakura Quartet
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 6, 2013 7:53 AM

Jan 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Unison square garden <3

Dat Sawashiro engrish

http://i.imgur.com/Z1nBzWx.jpg
Kotoha eye catcher~

Hahaha boss shouta

SHORTOCUTTO! Kotoha's ability is so cool.

dis OST

http://i.imgur.com/XyGTgRa.png
Jokes on you, I was a witch the whole time! Dat transformation sequence.

Cool episode, can't wait for more.
VioLinkOct 6, 2013 7:58 AM
[center]
Oct 6, 2013 8:01 AM

Oct 2012
That was pretty awesome. The animation was great and the OST is pretty decent. Characters are quite fun as well.
That cliffhanger man, didn't see it coming at all. Looking forward to the next episode.
Oct 6, 2013 8:48 AM

Nov 2007
Sakura Festival ep. Beginning of first arc involving that little girl/ witch (who pairs up with that boss!) Cool Kotoha for saving the day!

Comparing to original anime series, the art in this season is cute, even cuter than the visual art, while original is beautiful.
tsubasaloverOct 6, 2013 8:57 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 6, 2013 2:11 PM

Apr 2013
Really liking the lighting in this show's animation. The shadows look well placed. Scenery looks good too. Basically the animation is very good imo.

And the character designs are pretty nice so far. Everyone has their own unique traits. A bunch of cool characters and cute characters(especially Ao <3) Nice voice acting too. The OP and ED are nice as well.

That teamwork between Kotoha, Hime, and Akina to catch that last fish was awesome. Loved the action.

Amazing first episode in my opinion. Can't wait for more.
Oct 6, 2013 3:33 PM

Jan 2013
Love the opening for it, catchy as hell!

Anyways, I assume this episode an anime-original episode? Because I read a bit of the manga, and also watched the original series as well, so I don't remember this part much.

Otherwise... can't wait to see more! The animation and OST are great, truly going to be one of the best anime this season!
Oct 6, 2013 3:42 PM
Jul 2012
Ok, just watched ep 1 in RAW, and where i'm at in the manga(just finished the hoshi no umi arc), this obviously hasnt happened yet, unless this was a filler episode to lead into the hana no uta arc,(for character introductions for new viewers)(can someone please confirm).

But anyway, it was an enjoyable episode, though, i dont like that sometimes they've used cg models, though the aniamtion team di go from 2d to 3d smoothly.
Another thing that doesnt bother me as much, but, no animation company can ever animate in suzuhito yasuda's art style well they always make things cuter(not exactly a bad thing, but yeah)

But still, an enjoyable episode.

Oh, one thing that confuses me a bit was Eiji Shinozuka showing up on the evil side in the opening, does he return later in the manga as an antagonist again? or are they actually going to go trough the early arcs quickly.
Oct 6, 2013 7:33 PM

Aug 2008
OMG, that was an AWESOME FIRST EPISODE! (I did not watch Yozakura Quartet nor read the manga) Wow, I really like this series! I'm really happy to see Birdy Decode's animation style in here! :)

The guy was napping awkwardly on the maid laps...
Oct 6, 2013 8:28 PM
Apr 2013
Anyone know who is attempting to sub this?
Oct 6, 2013 9:19 PM
Aug 2013
MCAL said:
Anyone know who is attempting to sub this?

It doesn't seem like any subs have been released yet, so I am curious about this as well. Does anyone know of a sub group who has announced that they are picking up this show?
Oct 7, 2013 2:38 AM

Aug 2012
The animation and pacing of this episode was fantastic. It's nice how they're being patient with animating scenes by making a lot of shots with quiet moments and stretches of pauses that let the moments in the anime sink in. They even focus on a lot of minor details and movements that I really appreciate.

Needless to say, I'm really happy with this episode.
This season is by far the best season of the year!
Oct 7, 2013 3:49 AM

Jan 2011
Yuuhi is taking a nap on Mariabelle's crotch o,o jealous!

Oct 7, 2013 5:28 AM
Jul 2012
Only first half of this episode was good. Don't like some new characters around 15:00.
Greate animation though.
Oct 7, 2013 5:35 AM

Apr 2009
First go at the Yozakura series, and I enjoyed it.
Oct 7, 2013 5:54 AM
Jul 2012
testlist7 said:
Only first half of this episode was good. Don't like some new characters around 15:00.
Greate animation though.

what new characters, there are no new characters, other than the little girl, who isnt actually new after her "transformation"
Oct 7, 2013 5:56 AM
Dec 2012
Those huge balloon-like fish! Interesting episode. I enjoyed it. Also I liked the visual. That blonde lil girl reminded me of Febri from Railgun S. Nice to see the huge timber columns again. I take them as symbol of YQ.

Although only one episode was aired so far, this series felt quite different from previous adaptation. The previous one was action-driven from the first episode till the finale, whereas this one seems drama-driven. For instance, I didn't imagine the episode would spend such a long time on a fishing game and children playing scene. I had this strange feel when I watched Gatchaman Crowds. Loosely speaking, Hana no Uta is to the previous adaptation what Crowds is to the original Gatchaman. I don't know which adaptation is close to the original manga. I prefer this one. It seems light-hearted and laid-back. I will keep watching even if the plot is episodic and random, not solid.
Oct 7, 2013 6:07 AM
Jul 2012
eminagnam said:
I don't know which adaptation is close to the original manga. I prefer this one. It seems light-hearted and laid-back. I will keep watching even if the plot is episodic and random, not solid.

This one will be closer, this episode was filler(as far as i know), just to introduce the characters.

But anyway... after rewatching the pv, along with the OP, it seems that the next episode will adapt chapter 5 of the manga (the fight between Hime and Kotoha), the episode after that may or may not be the making progress arc condensed, the next 2/3 eps after that will probably be a condensed Thorny Path arc. they'll then probably skip over the next few chapters including seas of stars(cos you know, the OVA's).
not sure if the Walking pilgrimage will be in it(maybe 1 episode), and then the rest will be the Song of flowers arc(hana no uta arc).
so yeah, remake-ish
(this is just my view, it may or may not happen like this)
Oct 7, 2013 6:18 AM
Jan 2009
Was pretty fun just like the OVAs
Oct 7, 2013 6:52 AM
Jul 2011
never read the manga or watched previous adaptions , but ... i don't think i liked it , i mean its seemed fine but there was something about it i didn't care for , heres to hoping the next episode grabs me.
Oct 7, 2013 6:59 AM

Nov 2012
Nice episode..

Oct 7, 2013 7:05 AM
Jul 2012
Detrimont said:
testlist7 said:
Greate animation though.

what new characters, there are no new characters, other than the little girl, who isnt actually new after her "transformation"

I didn't watch previous season/OVA, so all of them were new for me. Some of them were unpleasant, so I don't like this anime after all.
Oct 7, 2013 7:27 AM

Apr 2013
Oh crap, this witch is hot.
Oct 7, 2013 7:39 AM

Jun 2012
Well shit.... That was pretty great. So many good premieres this season and Noitamina hasn't even aired yet
HybridMBLOct 7, 2013 8:01 AM
Oct 7, 2013 7:40 AM

May 2010
havent watched anything related to this anime and i did not like it at all. wont pick up.
Oct 7, 2013 7:43 AM

Aug 2010
Really nice episode :D
The animation of the action scenes was brilliant.

Loving all the characters as usual :)

The whole team work scene was awesome, especially Hime, Kotoha team work was pretty epic! ^^

Miyuki voicing Kotoha is awesome as always. And so are the rest of the VAs in this show. They do a really good job ^^

Yuuhi being a BOSS as usual XD

And this is the first time I noticed that Enjin is voiced by Gilgamesh's VA. BA voice as usual hehe :D

Didn't expect FebriLily to be that witch. Dat transformation sequence was hot <3
Oct 7, 2013 8:50 AM

Apr 2010
Ahhh. I missed this show. Glad to see they brought it back as a TV anime.

Wasn't expecting any fan-service at all. Was kind of surprised but I don't mind it. Especially if it's from Ao the catgirl.

Otherwise though it's a good start to the season.

Oct 7, 2013 9:04 AM

Jul 2013
Hmm, the art style for the characters make them rather childish compared to the first season, though the intro with the birds eye view shot was amazing how the time passed and the shadows moved. Not sure how this one will go though, the first season was boring and lacking in romance for my taste.
Oct 7, 2013 9:30 AM

Nov 2011
Hmm, the OP song is okay I guess, pretty catchy actually.

For some reason, that blonde girl Lily reminds me of a little of Febri.
Tsun-tsun-tsun-tsun-tsun~

Off to an explosive start so far. I liked it. I will never look @ goldfishes the same way again, ever. Oh and the OST was pretty epic as well :>
Oct 7, 2013 9:39 AM

May 2013
Well shit that wasnt what I expected, necessary fanservice eh.
5/10
Oct 7, 2013 9:43 AM

Feb 2010
CorpseDemon said:
5/10
WERE IS EVERY ONE SEEING FANSERIVCE I WATCH THE ENTIRE
EPISODE only part i saw that could be called fanservice is the witches transformation

and yay another manga related arc now if only they would make a season for the first arc that the tv series neglected to do

can we have a ova or something of a thorny path

also HIME STOP LYING YOUR A YOKAI THIS WAS ESTABLISH IN THORNY PATH :P im surprised she can lie with a straight face.and once again the god guy deiced to not help lol.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Oct 7, 2013 10:15 AM
Jul 2011
hazerddex said:
CorpseDemon said:
5/10
WERE IS EVERY ONE SEEING FANSERIVCE I WATCH THE ENTIRE
EPISODE only part i saw that could be called fanservice is the witches transformation

also HIME STOP LYING YOUR A YOKAI THIS WAS ESTABLISH IN THORNY PATH :P im surprised she can lie with a straight face.and once again the god guy deiced to not help lol.
there was a panty shot or 2 i think
Oct 7, 2013 11:20 AM

Dec 2007
Chokko said:

She looks even better in the manga ;-)
In fact, she's also a very fun character. Honestly, all of the youkai hunters thus far have been unique and entertaining, making them some of the best characters in the series. They're the main reason I'm watching these versions, as I really don't like the character design changes (and see no point whatsoever for it).
Oct 7, 2013 11:37 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Just watched the OVA yesterday and didn't expect the studio to change the character design a little, it's much cuter than before but I like it :) the action scenes were great, definitely loving the teamwork. Even if it's apparently a filler, it was a great start to this series ^^ also, them giant goldfish bouncing around. Then ED was nice as well.
Oct 7, 2013 11:50 AM

Jun 2012
Hmm glad I gave this a shot and didn't succumb to the 7.3ish rating. Usually I steer clear of anything below a 7.5 but I think for 1 episode this definitely deserves to be rated much closer to an 8 than a 7.
Oct 7, 2013 12:08 PM

Aug 2010
ErwinJA said:
Chokko said:

She looks even better in the manga ;-)

Which chap?
Oct 7, 2013 1:11 PM

Mar 2013
so first time watching the Yozakura Quartet series, liked the first epsiode of hana no uta so wondering do I have watch the other series? read the manga? anything to catch up if I have to ^^.
Oct 7, 2013 1:45 PM

Jul 2013
SalmonSandwich said:
so first time watching the Yozakura Quartet series, liked the first epsiode of hana no uta so wondering do I have watch the other series? read the manga? anything to catch up if I have to ^^.

Well, the first season really sucked,boring as hell and didn't really cover anything important.
Oct 7, 2013 1:49 PM

Mar 2013
IHAFUF said:
SalmonSandwich said:

Well, the first season really sucked,boring as hell and didn't really cover anything important.

Hmmh so better off reading the manga? or is this series like completely different from the original source o-o?
Oct 7, 2013 1:54 PM

Jul 2013
SalmonSandwich said:
IHAFUF said:
SalmonSandwich said:

Hmmh so better off reading the manga? or is this series like completely different from the original source o-o?

I have not read the manga, but I reckon you should read it instead of watching the first season.
Oct 7, 2013 2:14 PM

Sep 2008
SalmonSandwich said:

You should watch Hoshi no Umi OVA it was really good :3
I heard that it's a prequel to this series but I didn't see Zakuro in this episode QwQ!!
oxo.anime.xox.manga.oxo.
Oct 7, 2013 2:45 PM

Feb 2010
SalmonSandwich said:
IHAFUF said:
SalmonSandwich said:

manga came first anime did not even attempt to fallow it it fell off around 4 or so episodes don't watch it read the manga instead though hoshi no umi ova does fallow the manga so you should watch that
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Oct 7, 2013 2:51 PM

Nov 2009
can't wait to see more Kotoha Isone and her fight style :D
Oct 7, 2013 4:16 PM

Jul 2013
Not a bad episode guess I'll keep watching this. The animation and art style got me watching imo.

Oct 7, 2013 4:36 PM

Feb 2010
also i just cant hold it back any more

the person who wrotie the manga also did the character designs for durarara
http://cdn.myanimelist.net/images/characters/7/68737.jpg
lhttp://cdn.myanimelist.net/images/characters/13/76261.jpg

http://cdn.myanimelist.net/images/characters/12/99099.jpg
http://cdn.myanimelist.net/images/characters/5/110552.jpg

don't get me started on these two
http://cdn.myanimelist.net/images/characters/11/116356.jpg
http://cdn.myanimelist.net/images/characters/16/80867.jpg

Oct 7, 2013 5:29 PM
Oct 7, 2013 6:25 PM

Jan 2011
That was pretty legit. Idk what isn't to like but whatever.
Oct 7, 2013 6:33 PM

Jul 2010
I'm so happy that they decided to remake it. The new design is fantastic.
Unison Square Garden as OP, holy shit what can I have more.
Also, the animations are really good.

10/10 would continue watching.
Oct 7, 2013 8:12 PM

Dec 2012
The show looks promising. The OP and ED song were good. Interesting abilities. Kotoha's powerspeak abilty is pretty cool. Looking forward to more.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Oct 7, 2013 8:22 PM

Sep 2011
Fantastic!

Great art

Great animation

Interesting characters

Great action

Its season 2? What?

Big goldfish monster?

5/5 this and kill la kill prob has the best animation this season.
Oct 7, 2013 8:29 PM

Jan 2011
fantastic animation. thats some real top notch shit boys and girls
this is my god damn signature.
Oct 7, 2013 8:55 PM

Jan 2012
I'm so happy they managed to fit the 'Tsundere' song in.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Dec 29, 2013

75 by TeaBagCha »»
Apr 5, 7:13 PM

Poll: » Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2013

65 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Feb 1, 7:37 PM

Poll: » Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta Episode 12 Discussion

tsubasalover - Dec 22, 2013

44 by deg »»
Mar 5, 2023 11:36 AM

Poll: » Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2013

40 by deg »»
Mar 3, 2023 11:36 AM

Poll: » Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2013

43 by deg »»
Mar 2, 2023 12:08 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.