Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 1, 2013 5:54 PM

Sep 2012
I quite liked it myself, though I was debating 9 or 10, but it could have been longer, even though they may have more later.

Some things that could have happened and such but I really still liked it, only minor complaints. Nice ending really although ended a bit soonish. Still a 5 for this and a 9 overall, just great and I may watch again later.
Oct 3, 2013 3:00 PM

Jun 2012
Not particularly good, but not bad.

I will decide between a 5 and a 6.

Oct 3, 2013 11:09 PM

Aug 2013
I just really liked this anime, not sure why. There were some pretty funny parts, and it was just really enjoyable to watch. Also I really liked the soundtrack and OP and ED, they were so fun and happy. 7/10.
SliceofHorrorOct 3, 2013 11:12 PM
wow gay
Oct 4, 2013 8:13 AM

Jan 2012
I wasn't expecting much out of this, even though I'm a fan of the games, but I really enjoyed this. I'm glad the adaptation went so well. 8/10 overall, hope there's a second season.
Lemme smang it girl.
Oct 4, 2013 1:22 PM
Feb 2013
Pretty good as an adaptation.
Oct 7, 2013 10:41 AM

Oct 2012
Great ending and also that OST was amazing. Cool episode a really nice way to end the series, and the best part was the "Bar Whore" come back that was really funny. Anyway enjoyed the anime a lot ( im a fan of the game after all ) Hope for another season so we get to see the other character but if not i'll replay the game, so anyhow i liked the series and we still have an OVA coming up....!
Oct 9, 2013 7:50 PM

Jan 2008
Fantastic anime for the game fans. Could have been MOAR though. Lack of Noire meets Noire.
Oct 14, 2013 6:49 AM
Oct 2013
The final episode was pretty lame. The fact that the final enemy suddenly pops out by the end of episode 11 says it all.

So we have a random enemy transform out from nowhere and then gets defeated in one fight, the end.

The final fight was actually subpar, mostly because it is too predictable, not because we all know the good guys( or gals) will win but because I can't se Neptune and co having any plans to tackle the problem other than charging headlong into a fight. Except for a moments wit from Blanc by travelling underground, it was a mostly charge headlong affair with some battlecry.

Yes, there were near death experience thoughou this episode but I highly doubt this show has to guts to let anyone one die, innocent civilians included.

And gosh, Tari really has an annoying voice. The return of Arfoire and mouse was nice but the damage had already been done.

The 2nd half of the series was better than the 1st half and I expected a nice finale to end it on a note that I would give it a second chance if there's a season 2 like Date a Live, but no.

All in all, a very disappointing series. Wikipedia said the game received average to negative reviews and I think this is reflected onto the show as well. The visuals and music is all that comes out good.

I would give this show 3/10.
Oct 15, 2013 3:35 PM

May 2012
Pretty decent ending episode I must say some nice conclusion with epic action and just a nice round off for the series! A pretty decent anime in general with some ecchi treats but quite some nice character development!
Oct 22, 2013 12:28 PM

Jun 2008
This a a generally bad anime that was slightly tolerable just for a few references and the hot girl when in goddess mode. It feels like a cheap attempt to cash over gaming fans since they could have made something a lot different with a lot more reference and relevant plot to console wars instead of simply a moeblob with slight fanservice and relatively stupid plot.

Whether the games are fun or not is irrelevant to the anime, i don't get people rating something because they are fans of the games, the anime is the anime and the games are the games, although i doubt the games are very good ether.

Liked how the goddess look but other than that quite the crappy show and even the attempts of comedy felt uninspired.
MonadOct 27, 2013 6:21 AM
Oct 23, 2013 7:42 AM

Apr 2012
Just trying ignore those hater or basher and hoping for Season 2.
Oct 28, 2013 8:50 AM
Oct 2013
Monad said:
This a a generally bad anime that was slightly tolerable just for a few references and the hot girl when in goddess mode. It feels like a cheap attempt to cash over gaming fans since they could have made something a lot different with a lot more reference and relevant plot to console wars instead of simply a moeblob with slight fanservice and relatively stupid plot.

Whether the games are fun or not is irrelevant to the anime, i don't get people rating something because they are fans of the games, the anime is the anime and the games are the games, although i doubt the games are very good ether.

Liked how the goddess look but other than that quite the crappy show and even the attempts of comedy felt uninspired.

You're right, a check on wikipedia shows the games got "average to negative reviews"
I though of playing the games as consolation cause they have great visuals like the anime but sadly, they haven't got good reviews either.

And in my opinion, we can never trust ratings you know because this is the internet, not the elections, many people don't take their votes seriously and the simple system is very easy to exploit.

The problem is take this show is not meant to be taken seriously ( something like Nyaruko, although milder) but it fails to establish the fact that it is not supposed to be taken seriously.

And fanboys will be fanboys, at least we have reasons to support our posts.
Oct 28, 2013 12:10 PM

Feb 2009
Aside from the last arc being rushed as hell, it was a nice show. Didn't expect anything from it, turned out to be one of the most enjoyable shows of the season.
Oct 31, 2013 8:44 PM

Feb 2009
LOL500 said:
Monad said:

You're right, a check on wikipedia shows the games got "average to negative reviews"
I though of playing the games as consolation cause they have great visuals like the anime but sadly, they haven't got good reviews either.

And in my opinion, we can never trust ratings you know because this is the internet, not the elections, many people don't take their votes seriously and the simple system is very easy to exploit.

The problem is take this show is not meant to be taken seriously ( something like Nyaruko, although milder) but it fails to establish the fact that it is not supposed to be taken seriously.

And fanboys will be fanboys, at least we have reasons to support our posts.

The user scores are generally way higher for the whole series in comparison with official reviews (check metacritic or gamefaqs). For Triple A games, it's the other way around. Also, the game series did not fail to improve a lot over the course of three games. You might want to consider this. After all, you need to accept its flaws to enjoy the strengths of Hyperdimension Neptunia. I can totally understand if that's not working for someone, Neptunia does have some hurdles.

The anime did not fail my expectations. They were quite moderate, though. Visualization and "feeling" were quite the same, but I was missing some more trope referencing and fourth-wall breaking. The games did a great job doing so.
NacromaJan 23, 2014 7:05 PM
Nov 5, 2013 5:26 PM

Mar 2013
Great ending, HyperNep ended up being a good anime.
Jan 4, 2014 10:00 PM

May 2013
Neptune and Nepgear can't fight Rei alone.
That's why Noire, Vert, and Uni joined.
Followed by Blanc, Ram, and Rom.

Neptune takes down Rei's cannon with Victory Slash! (^_^)
But in the end, it was Ms. Witch and Mr. Mouse who defeated her.

Friendship treaty is now dissolved, but my love for this anime will stay strong!
I enjoyed the OST, the ending, and a second season would be nice. (^_^)
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Jan 12, 2014 6:28 AM
May 2012
Well, that ending is really nice, it did satisfy me ^_^ They all look good with that dress in the end.

The art is really good, the character designs are really beautiful and the voice acting is really cute :3

I really like the atmosphere and their world looks like a really nice place to hang out :D

This Anime was fun, the characters were fun, a season 2 would be nice. Thank you :))
Jan 17, 2014 2:03 PM

May 2011
Probably one of the most enjoyable anime that I've ever watched. The characters were all so great and the music was even better. And it was really fun watching them all interact with each other throughout the eps. This was a nice way to end hopefully just the first season off ^^.
Feb 2, 2014 10:39 PM

Sep 2011
Super enjoyable anime! Definitely in for a second season!
Feb 16, 2014 5:45 AM

Sep 2013
The neptunia series has a seriously retarded citizen population.

Anyways, I guess it was nice- consistently average throughout the whole series. I feel like too much of the climax around each arc (except for this last one) was built on melodrama, which I still believe is an inferior storytelling method.

A S2 probably won't come out until the next game (which I believe is centered around Noire <3) comes out.
Mar 7, 2014 5:49 PM
Jan 2013
Happy ending to a great series. I really loved this anime.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 31, 2014 7:14 AM

Jan 2012
holy fucking waste of fucking time... fuck this generation of people for buying shit
Apr 11, 2014 2:26 AM

Jun 2011
^ -facepalm- people like what I don't like, they bought shit. gr8 logic m8.

The ending was cringeworthy, in a bad way, lmao they stood against that freakin blast, with the power of love, or nakama power, that rivals Fairy Tail. -.- It started out fine, but I lost interest as it goes on, which is why it took me this long to complete the series.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 26, 2014 11:27 AM

Jan 2008
An unexpected good ending after P-ko n Plutia left I thought oh god it isnt going to be a good ending but in the end it was better then I thought it was going to be so that is good I do hope that they make a second season n dub this anime as well I think it would sell good but only with a good cast of course but will be keeping this anime n get the dub if they ever do so though
Aug 10, 2014 1:23 PM
May 2013
For an Idea Factory anime it was good .
Aug 15, 2014 5:12 PM

Jun 2014
7/10.
Aug 25, 2014 2:16 PM

Feb 2013
The show was fine for me. I enjoyed most of it. Would've been better if the final villian had more going on. I mean she appeared in the previous episode.
Aug 29, 2014 11:35 AM

Jun 2014
22:05

i lol'd.

The show was okay by any means, but nothing special. But i kinda liked the setting and the characters.
Nov 4, 2014 6:41 PM

Feb 2013
Cute ending. They're all BFFs now.
Mar 18, 2015 9:21 AM
Jun 2014
Literally the power of friendship. So tacky but I love it.
Jul 11, 2015 6:24 AM

Oct 2014
I really love how they handled Rei in this compared to the game. No bullshit, no redemption, just a very crazy person. And for that the anime is better than the actual games.
Nov 1, 2015 7:20 AM

Dec 2010
I'm familiar with the game series (Neptunia on PS3 and Rebirth on PSVita) so when I saw this was an original story I stopped trying to compare them since, what's the point since they are clearly different things. No matter what you do, you cannot compare the game with it's anime adaptation since it's a different feeling when you're playing the game. And the amount of references to other works is lost since getting rights for them is more trouble for the studio.

Overall I like the music in the anime. Very lively and addicting. I saw a new side of Arfoire here hahaha. So my enjoyment rating for this anime is 9/10.
Nov 6, 2015 10:05 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Rei's Goddess form was awesome. I loved her English voice actress.

Holy Lord, Noire's legs in that dress at the end were incredible.

Overall, I enjoyed the show. Funimation did a great job with the script. It was really funny and clever with tons of references. That's what separated it from being 6 for me, so it's a 7/10.
Dec 29, 2015 10:30 AM
Jun 2013
lol they dropped the dream cast line. Not a bad anime as a fan I really enjoyed it and the finally battle was pretty good. I do find it odd there wasint one dude in the whole city. I mean they do exist in this universe.
Jan 8, 2016 2:19 PM

Jan 2010
I actually liked that ending. A relationship of acknowledged friendly rivalry is a lot more interesting than a buddy-buddy relationship forced by a treaty. How'd it go? A good friend is someone you can trade insults with without anyone's feelings getting hurt? I appreciate that, yeah.
Jan 9, 2016 10:37 AM

Nov 2011
I genuinely enjoyed myself. The ending was good, the characters were cute and it was funny. Everything I would ask for in a series like this.

7/10
Feb 27, 2016 8:18 AM

Apr 2013
So it ends, was a nice watch actually with some cool characters. I enjoyed it, 7/10 :3
May 30, 2016 8:32 AM

Jan 2016
This ending was quite nice, kind pleased with it. The anime has been a confusing n interesting time watching, wasnt really a amazing anime and all i could get all hyped about, but it had some "painful" emotional, Funny scenes, but other then that, it wasn't bad, it was good,will rate it 6.7/10 (meaning its 7/10 but oh well, not something i would recommend maybe, but is it worth watching : meh its good n but its a personal taste.
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Sep 12, 2016 11:53 AM

Sep 2014
Nice nakama power ending. Arfoire was nice in the end, too.
Jul 11, 2017 10:18 AM

May 2017
I knew what this was going in. 6.9/10.

Don't want to give it 7 because I've given better shows a 7.

Overall I used this as a palette cleanser, and it worked well.

Oh and nice to see Blanc get her awesome on!
Current Events Thread Topics...
Not even once.
Aug 15, 2017 7:20 AM

Jul 2017
I loved it when that OST started to play during their fight with Rei
But i really hated Rei's laugh xD
Well, time to watch the OVA i guess
Jan 7, 2018 2:55 AM

Jul 2015
Even as a Hyperdimention Neptunia game series lover I didn't have much hopes for this show, and dude, gladly I was wrong!

9/10 and I don't understand the rating on mal for this, since it was really well done and works as its own thing, pretty much as the games do.

<3
I'll fade away and classify myself as obsolete!
Obsolete!!
Mar 8, 2018 2:14 PM

Oct 2015
In the end Arfoire and Pirachu saved them, I guess it was an enemy-to-enemy code in the end. Speaking of Arfoire and Pirachu didn't they decided to quit being villains and grow eggplants instead? Anyways I'm glad they back they make great combo. As for the last battle I thought it was great to watch.

Overall the series was good but all those transformation made saiyans and magical shoujo's side dishes, even my head is spinning from them. But the show lacked something, I don't what, maybe it's the loli version of Neptune or a tangible plot, I guess I will never know. Overall I enjoyed it and will watch the sequel ova.

7/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Apr 28, 2018 2:33 PM
Feb 2017
Please can someone tell me why the main villain needed to turn r rated island into a new country and have that fail so she could carry out her plan of domination in this episode. It is refered to in the previous episodes that the robot was taking orders from the client so she had to get that done but I don't understand why. It just feels like a massive plot contrivance just to have a twist at the end of the anime.
May 23, 2019 8:22 AM
Mar 2019
This is what happens when you try to squeeze everything in one anime
Oct 13, 2019 4:41 PM

Dec 2018
I've only played one Neptunia game, will likely play more
It's very self aware with it's fan service and anime tropes, so I can't hate it for that
With that in mind, it was an okay show, definitely enjoyed it, though it didn't really grip me to the point where I felt I NEEDED to binge all 12 episodes.
Peashy was the best character
I think if you're a fan of the franchise you'll probably give 8/10
Anyone else maybe a 5 or 6
Because of that I'll rate it higher than if it were just a run of the mill anime
Oct 16, 2019 5:23 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The city literally exploded and there have been lots of death for sure but everything is fine haha.
Very funny and enjoyable anime overall.
Dec 31, 2019 7:08 AM

Dec 2015
A game anime adaptation for game fans, period. People that never played the games will never be the target audience for these kinds of shows anyway.
Jul 1, 2021 7:22 AM

Feb 2020
Pretty satisfying ending.

Overall, this was a funny and entertaining show.

Cute characters, nice action scenes, animation, and soundtrack.

SerafosDec 25, 2023 10:52 AM
Feb 22, 2022 4:25 AM

May 2017
Outside of the animation and the lack of uni fanservice , everything else was perfect , well at least for a 12 episode anime , the games are so wide that making every main characters shine would take at least 24 episode

I hope the 2 ova will give less serious content , more fanservice
neptune need to do Isekai things

9/10 , i almost never give a 10/10 , so 9/10 is basicaly the best rating i can give
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Choujigen Game Neptune: The Animation Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 2, 2013

98 by EmperorThor »»
Jul 15, 2023 1:34 AM

Poll: » Choujigen Game Neptune: The Animation Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

game8910 - Jul 26, 2013

111 by EmperorThor »»
Jul 13, 2023 6:54 AM

Poll: » Choujigen Game Neptune: The Animation Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 19, 2013

138 by EmperorThor »»
Jul 10, 2023 4:43 AM

Poll: » Choujigen Game Neptune: The Animation Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2013

100 by LavaLach »»
Jan 18, 2023 4:48 AM

Poll: » Choujigen Game Neptune: The Animation Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2013

76 by TRAhmet23 »»
Aug 29, 2022 12:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.