Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Devil Is a Part-Timer! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 6, 2013 5:26 PM

Feb 2012
Chi-chan looking delicious in that swimsuit.
Jun 6, 2013 5:27 PM
Jul 2009
3 episodes left and still very little development after the Lucifer incident was resolved... I love this show but man... Please don't waste the potential!
Jun 6, 2013 6:07 PM

Apr 2011
For being a fan service episode it was pretty good. Lucifer ordering "Devil's Souls" off of amazon(jungle) was funny. I still don't like Chi-chan...
Jun 6, 2013 6:19 PM
Jan 2008
Samurai_Zero said:
3 episodes left and still very little development after the Lucifer incident was resolved... I love this show but man... Please don't waste the potential!

This show is about 60% daily life and 40% devil related action. The next three episodes will resolve the events with "James" and probably finish the season with that umbrella scene that everybody mentions.
Jun 6, 2013 6:33 PM

Aug 2012
Lucifer faceplanting because he lost his leg strength from bummin on the pc was hilarious, i tell you this man needs more screentime!

The monkey thing was good too, especially Emi's troll face after Maou blew up on them.

Looking more like Maou's manager is involved, picking him to help out at a place with the scariest haunted house in Japan, where he can harvest tons of magic from all the fear. Seems she may be trying to urge him back into his old ways. Also making the case of her being the convenience store culprit more likely, of course she'd want to get rid of Emi. Also, this may just be speculation, but her turning down Chiho's request to help could also be telling, since if she is associated with Enta Isle and wants Maou to return to power, she'd probably see Chiho as a threat to make him content with his current life.

RediceRyan said:

I wish I could laugh as easily as you do.
Didn't even chuckle audibly this episode, or any episode.

Just because you aren't laughing doesn't mean the quality of the humor is low and everyone who laughs at it just "laughs too easily"..don't be a patronizing prick.
Jun 6, 2013 6:42 PM

May 2012
get out of gate, TRUEEEE SKYYYY

special one-pounders, boingggg!

aa, okaasan!

Sadaozaru ni naritai

Fushima Park MgR manager <3

CRAP, i can't put any STR into my legs LOOOL
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Jun 6, 2013 6:42 PM

Jul 2009
No anime is complete without the swimsuits. XP
Emilia's face was the greatest thing. And the ending was one of the funniest thus far. Poor Ashiya.
Jun 6, 2013 7:07 PM

Feb 2012
Yay for Maou using his powers, and the end there explains who attacked Emi ,and why they could seal her holy power given i wonder how she'd take it if she found out that it was a Tenshi seeing as them attacking her would mean they see her as Maou's allied.
Jun 6, 2013 7:29 PM

Feb 2013
HAHAHA that haunted house scene was funny and Emi's face when she realized how big Chi-chan's boobs were, priceless
Jun 6, 2013 7:35 PM

Jun 2009
symbv said:
Epic

Owch Emi just got totally defeated. I did not know she was that big.
Jun 6, 2013 7:49 PM
Aug 2012
Man I really don't like these fan-service type episodes. Really starting to get pissed how 95% of anime forces itself to have an episode with swimsuits, even if its limited to a mere 13 episodes. Well at least they didn't drag it on for too long. Some good humor in this episode though...

Jesus Ashiya when will he recover?! We need more Ashiya.
Jun 6, 2013 7:56 PM
Oct 2012
Marow said:
Well, I guess this episode was okay. But it was just... random. Nothing really happened.
As I recently wrote in a blog post, Hataraku Maou-sama is overstaying its welcome. What do you think?

What do I think? That you are an idiot? That you completely miss anything that doesn't go "boom" right in front of your face? That you are incapable of critiquing anything, that your blog posting is as illuminating as Oprah Winfrey interviewing Lance Armstrong, as interesting as watching paint dry in Siberia in the dead of winter.

Nothing happened? You mean outside of knowing what the MC is actually thinking (btw, you realize that Maou isn't the MC in this season don't you? I guess you might have missed the hint that occurs in nearly every single episode title). The balanced misunderstanding between Emi, Chiho, and Shizuno. The perfect "fish out of water" concept of having people who survived the horrors of their world being scared to death because our horrors weren't their horrors. That the gods who Shizuno worships have descended down to earth and have issued her a warning that she was straying from the proper path (though I wonder how well this concept will be developed, the Japanese have a hard time really understanding monotheism and how fanatical people can become over it).

On top to that nice comedy, enjoyable fanservice, classic facial expressions, the distinct possibility that most of McRonalds store managers know exactly who Maou is, a little Okinawan ribbing, as well Emi's deliberate taunting of Maou and extremely satisfied look when it worked, as well as her concern about Shizuno, and the hint that Emi knows more than she is letting on.

I mean I guess if you overlook all that, then maybe you are right that nothing much happened.
Jun 6, 2013 8:00 PM

Jan 2011
Haha guess no one caught the reference of lucifer buying Devil souls aka Dark Souls online!

okay episode even though we knew it James is indeed the attacker
Jun 6, 2013 8:00 PM

Sep 2012
keeenu060 said:
Man I really don't like these fan-service type episodes. Really starting to get pissed how 95% of anime forces itself to have an episode with swimsuits, even if its limited to a mere 13 episodes. .
Time to give up watching this kind of midnight anime I guess. Switch back to shounen or shoujo or kid shows would be my suggestion.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jun 6, 2013 8:04 PM

Jan 2012
Takuan_Soho said:
Marow said:
Well, I guess this episode was okay. But it was just... random. Nothing really happened.
As I recently wrote in a blog post, Hataraku Maou-sama is overstaying its welcome. What do you think?

What do I think? That you are an idiot? That you completely miss anything that doesn't go "boom" right in front of your face? That you are incapable of critiquing anything, that your blog posting is as illuminating as Oprah Winfrey interviewing Lance Armstrong, as interesting as watching paint dry in Siberia in the dead of winter.

Nothing happened? You mean outside of knowing what the MC is actually thinking (btw, you realize that Maou isn't the MC in this season don't you? I guess you might have missed the hint that occurs in nearly every single episode title). The balanced misunderstanding between Emi, Chiho, and Shizuno. The perfect "fish out of water" concept of having people who survived the horrors of their world being scared to death because our horrors weren't their horrors. That the gods who Shizuno worships have descended down to earth and have issued her a warning that she was straying from the proper path (though I wonder how well this concept will be developed, the Japanese have a hard time really understanding monotheism and how fanatical people can become over it).

On top to that nice comedy, enjoyable fanservice, classic facial expressions, the distinct possibility that most of McRonalds store managers know exactly who Maou is, a little Okinawan ribbing, as well Emi's deliberate taunting of Maou and extremely satisfied look when it worked, as well as her concern about Shizuno, and the hint that Emi knows more than she is letting on.

I mean I guess if you overlook all that, then maybe you are right that nothing much happened.

You are completely deluding yourself if you think this episode was anything more than fanservice with the main plot put aside with minor details.. When there is 3 more episodes left in anime you don't waste time with subtlety. From the looks of it the next episode is more of the same with a little bit more main plot. Even that looks like it will be shown through flashbacks. There is no denying that the quality of the anime shown in the first few episodes to the quality now has dropped significantly.

symbv said:
keeenu060 said:
Man I really don't like these fan-service type episodes. Really starting to get pissed how 95% of anime forces itself to have an episode with swimsuits, even if its limited to a mere 13 episodes. .
Time to give up watching this kind of midnight anime I guess. Switch back to shounen or shoujo or kid shows would be my suggestion.

Ironically this anime is shounen.
huehue93Jun 6, 2013 8:10 PM
Jun 6, 2013 8:12 PM

Dec 2012
It was alright for a fanservice episode.
But at the end, James turns into an angel. Are Angels the bad guys? It seems to me like Emi and Suzuno are going to have to join forces with Maou against the church. What do you guys think?
Jun 6, 2013 8:12 PM
Jun 2013
The theme music when Maou used his power is really good. Does anyone know where it came from?
Jun 6, 2013 8:27 PM

May 2012
maou fuckocus how can you be so dense.. this anime never fail to amuse me.. chiho and emi are the best..

Jun 6, 2013 8:32 PM
Aug 2012
symbv said:
keeenu060 said:

I can't think of a shounen or shoujo kids show that doesn't have a fan-service episode
Jun 6, 2013 8:33 PM

Jun 2010
You gotta love Maou when he gets into Demon Mode.

Jun 6, 2013 8:41 PM

Dec 2012
Holy Shit!!! Chi-chan and her melons! (If you know what I mean ;] )

Looks like James really is from Ente Isle, not that it wasn't obvious enough.
Jun 6, 2013 8:42 PM

Sep 2012
huehue93 said:
symbv said:
keeenu060 said:
Ironically this anime is shounen.
And may I ask where you get the idea that this anime is classified as shounen??? Don't quote me any source from a western website though. I need the evidence that it is classified as such in Japan.

keeenu060 said:
I can't think of a shounen or shoujo kids show that doesn't have a fan-service episode
It depends on what you mean by "fan-service". So far I have yet to see a "fan-service episode" in PreCure that I am watching for example.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jun 6, 2013 8:42 PM

Mar 2013
Man, this anime its just too good.
Jun 6, 2013 8:53 PM
Oct 2012
huehue93 said:
You are completely deluding yourself if you think this episode was anything more than fanservice with the main plot put aside with minor details.. When there is 3 more episodes left in anime you don't waste time with subtlety. From the looks of it the next episode is more of the same with a little bit more main plot. Even that looks like it will be shown through flashbacks. There is no denying that the quality of the anime shown in the first few episodes to the quality now has dropped significantly.

Thank you ever so much for showing me the errors of my way, oh all-seeing and knowing one. I at least have to give Marow credit, he (or she) at least tried to give a reason why they didn't like this series. Completely one oar out of the water oblivious reason, but at least the attempt was made.

But you sir, not only take the cake, but you take self-delusion to unprecedented extremes. You think the next episode hinted at flashbacks? Every single scene shown is from Earth, even the scene with Shizuno showed her in a kimono which she only wears on Earth. As for not advancing the main plot (which by the way you don't even know what it is), I guess you missed that there is a murder next episode and it's the first time they showed blood since the first episode. Oh, and the title shows that they will be advancing the plot (think about it, you might then understand what it is).

The only reason I can speculate that you feel that the next episode will have "flashbacks" is because the previews were in sepia, and it is somewhat humorous that you think this because EVERY episode has featured sepia tinged previews, with very little in way of "flashbacks". That you missed this basic point shows that far from being "mature" your marquee is completely black.
Jun 6, 2013 9:25 PM

Nov 2011
RediceRyan said:
I wish I could laugh as easily as you do.
Didn't even chuckle audibly this episode, or any episode.

Really?

I find it funny tbh. Not sure what kind of comedy you were looking for from the series.
Jun 6, 2013 9:30 PM

Aug 2012
Just as I expected. They will only use the first two volumes to their full extent avoiding vol 3 because massive spoiler.

I'm actually okay with this though despite it feels slow and filler-ish.

Damn I really hope there is a season 2 for this since it's doing well in the preorder rankings
XushuJun 6, 2013 10:50 PM
Jun 6, 2013 9:32 PM

Jul 2012

This Killed me LMAO.

Other than that OK episode, not enough Ashiya.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Num1dad_Asura]
[/url]
Click Here for Sig source
Jun 6, 2013 9:39 PM

Oct 2011
Fuck yeah Chiho and her mountains are very pretty sceneries.
Jun 6, 2013 10:21 PM

Dec 2007
Okay, I knew the swimsuits were coming. I knew they were going to make bust comparison jokes. Even knowing the obvious was coming, I nearly erupted when I saw Emi's initial reaction (face), and still had to pause to catch my breath after the "two special one pounders." I also now have a sudden craving for burger . . .

And seriously, I so want to go to a haunted house like that. Maybe I should show it to one of the more gung-ho local groups as an example.

After a horrible day at work (you don't want to know), this show can really be a breath of fresh air.
Jun 6, 2013 10:29 PM

Dec 2009
What are those... breasts. And why do I want to touch them.
Jun 6, 2013 10:42 PM

May 2013
Never would've thought that James (probably) is an angel
Jun 6, 2013 10:57 PM

Oct 2012
Emi's reaction. I seem to notice that I can't get enough of it x D. Especially when she saw Chi-chan's melons.

That haunted house...lol. Pretty well made, damn.

Somewhat surprised that James was an angel...though he had eyes like Maou, Ashiya, & Urushihara?

Poor Ashiya..though that last scene was LOL.

HollowStark said:

^Laughed when I saw this, haha. DnS & DkS ftw. Soon, DkS2 too.
Empty-SkiesJun 6, 2013 11:01 PM
Jun 6, 2013 11:27 PM

May 2010

Says it all lol
Jun 6, 2013 11:34 PM

Apr 2013
MgBurgers > MgTunas

Funny episode but the plot is dragging a bit
Jun 6, 2013 11:50 PM

Feb 2012
That's one bold monkey. Also what's in the box?
Jun 6, 2013 11:56 PM
May 2010
Am I the only one flabbergasted as to how underwhelming everything has been since episode 6?
Jun 7, 2013 12:02 AM
Aug 2011
Spiffy said:
Am I the only one flabbergasted as to how underwhelming everything has been since episode 6?

Yes you are. Now please head to the exit.

Anyway, lots of Chihos in this episode.
Ashiya is one of my fav characters this season, that last noise he made before the ED started was just win.

I want to buy stuff from Jungle.co.jp too.
Jun 7, 2013 12:03 AM
Jan 2008
Spiffy said:

Next is James, then season 2 (when and if it comes) will really pick it up.
Jun 7, 2013 12:04 AM

Jun 2012
Great episode again ^^
wow, that haunted house looked excellent, imagine the work it took. Well done.
Ah, I'm so glad Emilia and Chiho got something different for Suzuno.
I guess this series likes to end its episodes with comedy, haha.

To be honest, I would rather have just seen this as a slice-of-life/comedy series purely, rather than have action with enemies from the other world. The comedy in this is great, and I love the characters.

Wow, only 3 more episodes D=

Jun 7, 2013 12:05 AM

Apr 2012
that badass moment where everything/body is monochrome and running one way while maou is the opposite and everything is in slowmo...
someone's gonna gif it and put it on tumblr. if i check now, it's probably going to be there.
Jun 7, 2013 12:25 AM
Dec 2012
LOL, the Monkey is called Sadao. Oh god, if Ashiya is there i wonder how will he react
Jun 7, 2013 1:12 AM

May 2010
Raniero said:
Whoa. James....

Also. Glad to see Maou's powers back for a moment.

The SFC guy, nothing surprising about him just need to know who he is and what does he wants
Jun 7, 2013 1:16 AM

Jan 2011
LMAO @ Special One-Pounders and MgBurgers to describe Chiho and Emilia's breasts. xD The haunted mansion scene was actually legit scary lol. I really like Chiho and Emilia are both scared of lizards due to their past experiences but their reasons are extremly different. Suzuno is such a great character; the more emotionless type girl but it's really smart.

That badass theme song that played when Maou was telling the crocodiles to go back was so awesome. Team Rocket James aka Mitsuki Sarue is an angel?! Didn't see that coming! Haha, Ashiya was constipated and suffering from diarrhoea the entire time. Great episode overall. :)
Jun 7, 2013 1:38 AM
Nov 2012
Due to the inherent kinetic energy apparent to all Anime breasts, gainaxing is neccessary to purge it. Anime which dont have it despite large breasts have to be covered by shows which use it to ludicrous amounts.

This episode was neccessary because Chi's stored kinetic energy would have destroyed the anime-verse if an outlet for the energy wasnt found soon.

Rest easy knowing the world is safe.

Also, i did expect a breast comparison scene to occur but the execution had me rolling on the floor. Emi's reaction when she turned around was hilarious and the cuts to Maou with the burgers were sheer brilliance.

And their interactions were lovely to see, especially all 3 of them intentionally talking to the monkey in a manner that was elbowing Maou. I loved their reactions to him calling them out, especially Emi's.

Its also good to see a love interest that is Genre Savvy about her object of affections naivety but still gives it a good college try.

cultural disconnect between what emi and Chi were thinking about lizards was highly amusing.

we should note how much less antoganistic Emi was towards maou in this episode. sure they still grind at each other a bit but its nothing like the past with the death threats, direct insults (blood sucking cockroaches) and open very loud snark and arguements they had at the drop of a hat. We had only frowny interactions here at best and they were otherwise civil.
IkuinenJun 7, 2013 2:13 AM
Jun 7, 2013 1:57 AM

Jan 2008
Hahaha. I knew the swimsuits gonna come. At first I was not that pleased like "Oh here we go for fan service" but the horror in the haunted house, the lizard back stories, and damn, that badass song and that badass moments in monochrome win me over in this episode.

Chi's bust must be J cup. LOL @ Emi's reaction. I've been looking forward to James' story. It seems it's gonna be next and that's good.
Jun 7, 2013 2:00 AM

Sep 2012
Fushimaen is definitely a parody of the famous water theme park in urban Tokyo, Toshimaen. I even recognize the entrance where Chi-chan wait for Yuusha and Udon-chan! And same as in the anime, the train station is right in front of the front gate of the theme park.

http://www.toshimaen.co.jp/
symbvJun 7, 2013 6:37 AM

Jun 7, 2013 2:06 AM

May 2011
Well at least there's one Sadao that wants to bury his face in Chi-chans melons. Sadly, the Sadao Chi-chan wants can't even be bothered to even look at them.
Jun 7, 2013 2:21 AM

Aug 2009
The show is still lots of fun and all the characters are lovable, but I feel that our devil partners Maou and Ashiya are being put as side characters in their own show. Also Urushihara, who was once a great threat, never leaves his seat in front of the PC, to the point where his legs get numb. They do have the intention to process towards their goal but easily fall short because of everyday life, job and acute stomach ache. The conclusion of this episode was:
"So did you manage to harvest some magic energy today?"
"Nah, I ended up using what I had left"
"Hmm whatever"

The girls however, get lot of screen time and provide the romance aspect, which our male characters really don't care for at all. Maou is still the center of the universe in this show, though I get is a much better insight in Emi and Chiho's character and judging from the preview we'll get more of Suzuno.

With this pace I'm not expecting great development in the last tree episodes. Since this show will cover the two first light novels out of eight (currently) there's still a lot of story to adapt, so there's hope for second season or translation of the novels.
mikadocsJun 7, 2013 2:24 AM
Jun 7, 2013 2:24 AM
Nov 2012
Anyone with a high quality shot of Emi's initial reaction to Chi in a swim suit when she turns around in the locker?
Jun 7, 2013 2:27 AM
Feb 2009

oh dear loool
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hataraku Maou-sama! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2013

621 by bakakisima »»
Apr 4, 9:55 AM

Poll: » Hataraku Maou-sama! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2013

345 by foofooplay »»
Mar 21, 9:27 PM

Poll: » Hataraku Maou-sama! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2013

328 by NutsTheBerker »»
Mar 16, 7:24 AM

Poll: » Hataraku Maou-sama! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 2, 2013

374 by Ailastara »»
Feb 26, 3:30 PM

Poll: » Hataraku Maou-sama! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2013

483 by 0ssi »»
Jan 24, 4:07 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.