Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Flowers of Evil
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 20, 2013 12:00 AM

May 2008
Stark700 said:

Oh wow, that scene at the bookstore was just...

THE BEST.
Apr 20, 2013 12:00 AM
Mar 2011
okanagan said:

Just noticed: Subbed version
has just been posted !

let the games begin!
"....i am the villain in this story"
Apr 20, 2013 12:10 AM

Jan 2013
5/5
Apr 20, 2013 12:13 AM
Mar 2013

Regarding the frame rates, after reviewing the scene, it still looks to be 12 fps (24 fps with frame doubling). They do attempt to compensate for the lack of fps with motion blur though, but it's not enough to get rid of the jittery appearance. There are some parts of the sequence where the background and foreground motion alternates per frame, so there's always a change of motion per frame, but they're still moving at 12 fps each.
Apr 20, 2013 12:16 AM

Jan 2009
yoshiyukiblade said:

Regarding the frame rates, after reviewing the scene, it still looks to be 12 fps (24 fps with frame doubling). They do attempt to compensate for the lack of fps with motion blur though, but it's not enough to get rid of the jittery appearance. There are some parts of the sequence where the background and foreground motion alternates per frame, so there's always a change of motion per frame, but they're still moving at 12 fps each.

dude anime is LIMITED ANIMATION that is the reason it lacks a lot of frame, if you want real 24 frames of animation then watch american cartoons that are considered FULL ANIMATION
Apr 20, 2013 12:19 AM

Oct 2012
dude anime is LIMITED ANIMATION that is the reason it lacks a lot
of frame, if you want real 24 frames of animation then watch american
cartoons that are considered FULL ANIMATION

I 100% understand what you are saying.

The action was really, really fast but still extremely smooth and lifelike.

Thank you yoshiyukiblade for checking carefully about that.
okanaganApr 20, 2013 12:25 AM
Apr 20, 2013 12:24 AM
Mar 2013
j0x said:

dude anime is LIMITED ANIMATION that is the reason it lacks a lot of frame, if you want real 24 frames of animation then watch american cartoons that are considered FULL ANIMATION

I personally don't care what fps it's rendered at as long as it isn't distracting. Conventional anime techniques have done well to compensate for their limited rates but this show hasn't and it's kinda distracting (getting used to it though).

I was responding to the poster who believed that this specific scene was running at 24 fps when it technically wasn't. Again, it could be the motion blur effect that compensated for the low fps, but it's still not that smooth. You can also catch the use of blur in other scenes from time to time.
Apr 20, 2013 12:29 AM

Oct 2012
I was responding to the poster who believed that this specific scene
was running at 24 fps when it technically wasn't.

Yeah, that was me. Thank you for checking that carefully !
Apr 20, 2013 12:29 AM

Jan 2009
okanagan said:

I 100% understand what you are saying.

The action was really, really fast but still extremely smooth and lifelike.

those rare scenes in anime has a term its called SAKUGA animation, you can read about it more here - http://nebs66.livejournal.com/1154784.html
Apr 20, 2013 12:30 AM
Mar 2011
there are parts where the animation seems to flow with perfect fluidity and then there are scenes where it seems like it doesnt even move when its supposed to.

it makes me wonder if this whole series was rushed in production or is really limited in budget. they might improve on these FPS thing on the blu-ray and dvds?

that said, im really loving this.
Apr 20, 2013 12:35 AM

Oct 2012
those rare scenes in anime has a term its called SAKUGA
animation, you can read about it more here -
http://nebs66.livejournal.com/1154784.html

Thank you !
Apr 20, 2013 12:37 AM

Jan 2009
amginex said:
there are parts where the animation seems to flow with perfect fluidity and then there are scenes where it seems like it doesnt even move when its supposed to.

dude that is normal on any anime TV series since its LIMITED ANIMATION they do that to lower the cost of production, the fluid scenes of an anime episode has a term called SAKUGA animation sometimes their is a episode full of SAKUGA animation for example when big fights in Naruto Shippuuden is made like Killer Bee vs the Team of Sasuke or that awesomely animated episode (its episode 85 if i remember right) where Kakashi, Ino, Choji fight against Hidan and Kakuzu
Apr 20, 2013 12:38 AM
Mar 2013
okanagan said:

Yeah, that was me. Thank you for checking that carefully !

The scene was very detailed though and it does demonstrate the merits of rotoscoping when creating realistically intense moments like that. :D
Apr 20, 2013 12:41 AM

Oct 2012
In order to understand "frames per second" and "blur", here is a very
good online app that you can play with to demonstrate the idea:

http://frames-per-second.appspot.com/

Yes, "blur" can make motion look smooth even when frame rate is not so high.
Apr 20, 2013 12:42 AM
Mar 2011
j0x said:
amginex said:

dude that is normal on any anime TV series since its LIMITED ANIMATION they do that to lower the cost of production, the fluid scenes of an anime episode has a term called SAKUGA animation sometimes their is a episode full of SAKUGA animation for example when big fights in Naruto Shippuuden is made like Killer Bee vs the Team of Sasuke or that awesomely animated episode (its episode 85 if i remember right) where Kakashi, Ino, Choji fight against Hidan and Kakuzu

ah, i never noticed it before. i guess ive never been so engrossed with the actual animation productions of the series i watched until Aku no hana and probably because of all the debate that continues to go on in this threads.
im more story-based first, visuals second and sad to say, never cared very much about OSTs either

also, no offense but ive never ever attempted to watch Naruto
Apr 20, 2013 12:42 AM

Jan 2010
Animations getting better

Zandatsu (斬奪 - "cut and take")
Apr 20, 2013 12:46 AM

Oct 2012
im more story-based first,

Exactly !

In this case, the story was that she was taking off his clothes and dressing
him up in Saeki's gym outfit.

They did an excellent job of telling the story. That is all that counts.
Apr 20, 2013 12:47 AM

Aug 2011
I'm pretty sure I watch this show just to feel bad for Kasuga. Poor guy...
Apr 20, 2013 1:01 AM

Feb 2012
terrible just terrible i woulda slapped the hoe
Apr 20, 2013 1:07 AM

Feb 2012
itsvero said:
itsvero said:

he so stupid its hard not to hate him
Apr 20, 2013 1:20 AM

Apr 2009
Jetstream_Sam said:
Animations getting better

Yeah, the library scene was around 10 frames per second instead of the regular 2 frames.
Apr 20, 2013 1:22 AM

Oct 2012
When Kasuga's dad was talking to his mom, he said that Kasuga is
in Middle School ( chuugakusei / 中学生). As far as I can remember,
this is the first time that we have been told that Kasuga is in Middle
School.

Some people who know about the school system in Japan have already
pointed out here that it is obvious that they are in Middle School, for a
number of reasons.

Anyways, now we are sure. Some other people had guessed that
perhaps they were in High school.

According to the manga, they are in the 2nd year of Middle School.
In other words, they are in Grade 8. So that makes them 13 or 14
years old. Also, the official Aku no Hana website does specify that
they are all in the 2nd year of Middle School.
Apr 20, 2013 1:34 AM

Aug 2012
. . .
I have nothing to say about this episode.
Just, why the forced stripping..
I was drinking when that happened.

Also it appears they are in middle school.
So..
I have nothing else to say..
Apr 20, 2013 1:41 AM

Oct 2012
In many parts of the world, the scene where Kasuga was "having his clothes
changed" will have to be edited out for legal reasons.

Likewise, they will have to remove it from the websites where you are now
streaming it from.

Also, having a copy of it downloaded to your computer might be a bad idea.

My guess is that they will come up with an edited version for overseas sales.

Even to describe that scene in writing is illegal in certain countries.
okanaganApr 20, 2013 1:48 AM
Apr 20, 2013 2:13 AM
Apr 2013
WrathSC said:
itsvero said:
itsvero said:

he so stupid its hard not to hate him

Tells Nakamaura what he's going to do to get rid of the clothes, lets her strip him in school and fails to stop her. Seems legit. THEN HE CONTINUES TO MEET UP WITH HER!
Apr 20, 2013 2:44 AM

Jan 2012
Whoa, this really might be the worst anime I've ever seen yet.

Don't know if I should continue this, as this is really worthless, but maybe it will be interesting to see how the "worst anime of all times" becomes even worse than that...
Apr 20, 2013 3:13 AM

Sep 2012
Aku No Hana = Derpiest Anime of the Millenium.
Apr 20, 2013 3:41 AM

Sep 2012
OK episode. The atmosphere that this anime manages to create makes me tolerate Kasuga's weird attitude.
Apr 20, 2013 3:48 AM

Dec 2011
That scene in the library was so cute. I really enjoy the dynamic between Nakamura and Kasuga. Nakamura must feel so relieved after all of this. I know someone who is a bit like her and she told me about how rough it can be to have sexual urges tied up in wanting to torture others when you are young. This is something that Nakamura must have struggled with for years and now she finally has found someone that she can't hold back the urge to rip apart. Or maybe she can resist it, perhaps she actually understands the complexes that he has and knows how to manipulate them. If Nakamura is anything like the person I know then Kasuga is in for much worse than he was experienced so far, because this would only be the tip of the iceberg. Either way, one of my favorite characters in a long time.

Kasuga is so filled with guilt about every little thing that it allows for Nakamura to get away with pretty much whatever she wants to with him. Beyond that he is smart enough, in some ways, to reflect on everything which makes it a lot easier for Nakamura to torture him. I know a lot of people are talking about Kasuga having no backbone, but Nakamura is holding a lot over him from his perspective. If he defended himself in the library by hitting her or yelling loudly for help, do you really think people are going to believe him over a story from Nakamura? I know Nakamura is an outcast but she isn't the one who is holding onto to gym clothes that were stolen from another student.
GizaruApr 24, 2013 4:40 PM
Apr 20, 2013 4:08 AM

Feb 2011
I died in more than one way.

Excepting these horrible things:

Keep it to one screenshot per post please. People have already seen the episode, so there's no need to repeat the images.
TachiiApr 20, 2013 8:54 AM
Apr 20, 2013 5:17 AM
Apr 2011
Kasuga should've burned those clothes. Even if Nakamura reveals that he is the culprit, nobody will believe her.
Apr 20, 2013 5:46 AM

Nov 2010
UnbornMVs said:
I died in more than one way.

Excepting these horrible things:

There was the mustachioed butch that Kasuga passed by.
soulassassin547Apr 20, 2013 9:44 AM
I play, the haters lose.
Apr 20, 2013 6:37 AM

Apr 2009
Running around town like a maniac before going to school. Sure, that's gonna help a lot. I see I'm not the only one who noticed that random woman in the red shirt had a moustache. Not to mention that classmate of theirs who looked like a crossdressing man. Other than that, I just treat this as if I'm watching a live-action version, so I got no problems with the overall look. The slow pacing is still a problem for me though, we're not going anywhere significant in 13 episodes at this rate.

In the library. The first of Takao's many humiliations. No spine, no guts, no balls to resist. That playful and weird scene by the river made Sawa look more goofy and less devilish. Not sure I like that, but I didn't expect her to be that playful with Takao in that scene.

And so the seeds of Stockholm Syndrome begin to sprout...
Apr 20, 2013 8:47 AM

Nov 2012
"Aku No Hana" is getting weirder and weirder, I don't even know how to rate this anime anymore.
Apr 20, 2013 8:48 AM

Apr 2008
I don't think I'll ever get used to that ED.

So since the last episode aired I've been reading the manga, so I could judge it more accurately, and I have to say I'm finding it quite enjoyable. More importantly, it really highlights how shit the anime is. I'll see it through mostly out of curiosity, but yeah, as far as adaptations go, this is... unimpressive.

Also a note on the pacing: at the rate they're currently going (barely more than a chapter per episode) I'm wondering where the hell the anime's going to end. Are they gonna do an original ending or just stop at

Anyway, more of the same. Slightly more tolerable since shit actually happened, but still quite a bad episode. Agreed that Sawa's too much playful and not enough psychopath. Going to go read the manga some more.
Apr 20, 2013 9:22 AM

Nov 2011
5/5!!! *_*

Stake incredible, a nice change of pace in the narrative and plot. Now you want to have fun! The protagonist, however, is a weakling, when to act and not lift a finger when it does you put the noose around his neck with his hands! Storytelling is always so raw, and never dull! Plot that intrigues me more and more, I want to see what is the aim Nakamura, although half a mind I already have!
Apr 20, 2013 9:28 AM
Mar 2011
SayakaMagica said:

And so the seeds of Stockholm Syndrome begin to sprout...

didnt thought of this, but yup, it explains it perfectly
Apr 20, 2013 9:38 AM
Jun 2009
PaninaManina said:
bastek66 said:

Feminism crossed the line!

hahaha
Apr 20, 2013 9:39 AM

Feb 2008
Maybe it's just me, but this episode looked a bit worse than previous ones. The only times Nakamura looked good were the closeups. The second episode looked godly compared to this one.

Anyway, decent episode. Wonder when the show will start to differ from the manga, as so far it's the exact same thing.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Apr 20, 2013 10:38 AM

Feb 2009
Wow, Nakamura should definitely get a job as a nurse's aid I mean that was some fast undressing and dressing she did there :P.

Kasuga would be even in deeper shit, if this were the age of cellphone with camera.

One thing though is the school library always this deserted.
Apr 20, 2013 10:45 AM

Mar 2008
Those first minutes... Kasuga, pathetic.

How come he can walk holding that damn thing around the whole town and no one see?!
Apr 20, 2013 10:50 AM

Mar 2008
Deviant-art anime. For deviants. About deviants. Loved it!
Apr 20, 2013 10:56 AM

Apr 2011
I liked it, I'm probably going to have to stop looking at these discussions cause people keep leaking small details about what happens next in the manga. I guess they're just pissed off or can't help themselves or something, kind of annoying. This is about where I read up to in the manga a while back, never thought the story seemed great but I am enjoying the anime so far.
Apr 20, 2013 10:59 AM

Apr 2011
I remember what the OP reminds me of now lol
Apr 20, 2013 11:03 AM

Apr 2011
PaninaManina said:
Those first minutes... Kasuga, pathetic.

How come he can walk holding that damn thing around the whole town and no one see?!

More so how did Saeki not notice her gymbag with her name on it in his hands when Nakamura pushed him into her in the library the second ep.
Apr 20, 2013 11:06 AM

Jun 2008
kassandra22 said:
the MOE-ish style of the manga doesn't quite fit what the author wants to express, and i swear to good, i just watched the 2 first episodes last night and i was like seriously freaked out.

Err....what the fuck?

I'm pretty sure the art style the Mangaka chose is EXACTLY what he wanted to express.

If anything, what this anime has done is spit on the face of the mangaka by changing his style into ugly blobs with terrible art and animation.

--ALEX--Apr 20, 2013 11:12 AM
Apr 20, 2013 11:20 AM
May 2010
Up until now, the best part o this anime is the ending, it's an amazing mix of prettiness and weirdness and it's kind of creepy too.
Apr 20, 2013 11:27 AM

Mar 2008
Nerdy_Old_Taco said:

More so how did Saeki not notice her gymbag with her name on it in his hands when Nakamura pushed him into her in the library the second ep.

BREAST ATTACK! Causes panic.
Apr 20, 2013 11:27 AM

Jan 2012
The standard of the art and animation seems to be going up. That library scene was seriously disturbing but really well done. The bookstore was perfect, some of the visuals offered in this episode were really amazing. Had to laugh at cross-dressing classmate when she popped up again. Enjoying this more with each episode so far.

5/5
Apr 20, 2013 11:49 AM

Dec 2010
JustALEX said:
If anything, what this anime has done is spit on the face of the mangaka by changing his style into ugly blobs with terrible art and animation.

Actually, the mangaka approved the look: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.php?p=4622098&postcount=169
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 18, 2013

253 by princesjelyfish »»
Apr 24, 3:19 AM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2013

324 by bushman66 »»
Apr 13, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2013

86 by bushman66 »»
Apr 13, 3:42 PM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2013

131 by bushman66 »»
Apr 13, 3:40 PM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2013

135 by bushman66 »»
Apr 13, 3:39 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.