Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Flowers of Evil
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (35) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 5, 2013 9:39 AM

Sep 2012
Tommk said:
No, being unique doesn't mean that it will be good. Since the fuck when the majority demands for realistic character designs, what they usually want is better storyline,less cheesey crap,less extreme fanservice,and less cliffhangers. You rarely hear people want ''real life character designs''. We all want the big eyes and beautiful coloured hair.
Just my opinion. I had to let it all out
Well, I just echo what I heard before from some western viewers. Yeah, obsession over story and an overaching plot, allergy to moe and fan service, lack of tolerance for more open-ended development, all true, but there are also many who say they never care about how the characters look and care only about the story, well, let's see those people should not feel disappointed about the character art here then if they really never care about how the character art and design is like when they watch an anime.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Apr 5, 2013 9:41 AM

Jan 2008
I once said that the character designs for the Aku No Hana manga were horrible. I take it back. Compared to the anime version, those designs are the equivalent of Belldandy and Lum. GODDAMN IS THE ANIME VERSION UGLY!!!
Apr 5, 2013 9:42 AM

May 2012
symbv said:
Tommk said:
No, being unique doesn't mean that it will be good. Since the fuck when the majority demands for realistic character designs, what they usually want is better storyline,less cheesey crap,less extreme fanservice,and less cliffhangers. You rarely hear people want ''real life character designs''. We all want the big eyes and beautiful coloured hair.
Just my opinion. I had to let it all out
Well, I just echo what I heard before from some western viewers. Yeah, obsession over story and an overaching plot, allergy to moe and fan service, lack of tolerance for more open-ended development, all true, but there are also many who say they never care about how the characters look and care only about the story, well, let's see those people should not feel disappointed about the character art here then if they really never care about how the character art and design is like when they watch an anime.

I think thats the minority lol. If its the majority, all of the current anime will be turned into this.

But wow, their mindset amazes me.
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Apr 5, 2013 9:43 AM

Nov 2012
Well I hated the design of that one girl OP posted but.
mrstabhappy said:
Pictures alone do not show how the true horror of this,

Here, have some gifs instead.

These actually look interesting.
Apr 5, 2013 9:44 AM

Jul 2010
MY EYEEEEEES!
Apr 5, 2013 9:45 AM

Dec 2012
THE ART IS FOCKING TERRIBLE
Apr 5, 2013 9:46 AM

Dec 2012
symbv said:
I get what you mean it's like how people say graphics don't matter, only gameplay. There needs to be a good balance of both and I appreciate that the studio is trying something different but I just personally don't like this style and it seems to have had an overwhelmingly negative reception so far.
Apr 5, 2013 9:49 AM

Sep 2012
Tommk said:
I think thats the minority lol. If its the majority, all of the current anime will be turned into this.
Minority maybe, but I have seen quite a few even in MAL, and they can be vocal too. I really wonder whether those people will still insist how little they care about character design after checking this. Personally character design is an important factor for my enjoyment of an anime. I am sure if the character design is changed to what look like in western cartoon I would watch much less anime.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.

May 2012
Monde11 said:
symbv said:
I get what you mean it's like how people say graphics don't matter, only gameplay. There needs to be a good balance of both and I appreciate that the studio is trying something different but I just personally don't like this style and it seems to have had an overwhelmingly negative reception so far.

^

+

I dont care about what mal users are complaining about it. Its just aint my type, not the influence by others.

So instead of hating on it through the entire series and rating it badly (DragonisMarch = dude that forces himself to watch an entire series to make hate videos on it) .

Imma used the same old usual way, drop it on ep 1 without a rating .
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Mar 2013
terrible fck
Apr 5, 2013 9:50 AM

Apr 2013
Oh wow is the budget for this 100 yen ? omg i recommend everyone to just read the manga and save your eyes from having cancer like seriously.
Apr 5, 2013 9:54 AM

May 2012
symbv said:
Tommk said:
Minority maybe, but I have seen quite a few even in MAL, and they can be vocal too. I really wonder whether those people will still insist how little they care about character design after checking this. Personally character design is an important factor for my enjoyment of an anime. I am sure if the character design is changed to what look like in western cartoon I would watch much less anime.

Agreed,

But I dont think Roto animation can be used for those type of anime like FMA Brotherhood and etc. Imposibru . So at least those will be safe.

Its just for those slice of life,comedy,drama,school genre
Apr 5, 2013 9:57 AM

Sep 2012
Tommk said:
But I dont think Roto animation can can be used for those type of anime like FMA Brotherhood and etc. Imposibru . So at least those will be safe.
Well, Hollywood used roto animation before to film science fiction, so it is not just real life comedy and school stuff... Besides, I'd say for Slice of Life, character design is even more important, so I think the chance of it being used in SoL is even slimmer.

Apr 5, 2013 10:00 AM

May 2012
symbv said:
Tommk said:
But I dont think Roto animation can can be used for those type of anime like FMA Brotherhood and etc. Imposibru . So at least those will be safe.
Well, Hollywood used roto animation before to film science fiction, so it is not just real life comedy and school stuff... Besides, I'd say for Slice of Life, character design is even more important, so I think the chance of it being used in SoL is even slimmer.

Oh shit

Oh and looking at the negative response the people are giving out ( I know its too early to judge ) , the chances of roto animation to be used again is kinda slim.

So yeah, peace.
Apr 5, 2013 10:02 AM

Mar 2012
Zerkalo said:

It still looks really bad, Frankly I posted these gifs to show how terrible the animation is, the character designs ranged from terrible to decent but what kills this show for me is how they animated it.
Apr 5, 2013 10:04 AM

Nov 2012
mrstabhappy said:
Zerkalo said:

It still looks really bad, Frankly I posted these gifs to show how terrible the animation is, the character designs ranged from terrible to decent but what kills this show for me is how they animated it.

I know that. I still think that the second gif looks very interesting
Apr 5, 2013 10:07 AM

Apr 2013
Tommk said:
Oh and looking at the negative response the people are giving out ( I know its too early to judge ) , the chances of roto animation to be used again is kinda slim.

The negative responses here don't really matter ~Just sayin'
Apr 5, 2013 10:09 AM

May 2012
Arararraragi-kun said:
Tommk said:

Yeap, what matters , is the audience in japan.

/captain obvious
Apr 5, 2013 10:12 AM

Sep 2011
Zerkalo said:
mrstabhappy said:
Zerkalo said:

That was the worst one, how their faces appear from no where,

Heres how rotoscope is when its done right

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZNPdUjaXys#t=1m37s

Now compare it to the gifs

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 5, 2013 10:13 AM

Jan 2011
>Dat character design

Way to ruin a adaptation Zexcs.
[center]
Apr 5, 2013 10:13 AM
Jan 2010
Arararraragi-kun said:
Tommk said:

I hope you realise that it's not just 'here'.
Apr 5, 2013 10:16 AM

Dec 2012
wailofthebanshee said:
Arararraragi-kun said:
Tommk said:

I hope you realise that it's not just 'here'.
Indeed, the response is bad on 2ch also
Apr 5, 2013 10:17 AM

Jan 2013
I found a new manga to read, and a new anime to drop.
Apr 5, 2013 10:20 AM
Aug 2011
Saw that review of the guy that "wanted to gouge his eyes with cheap chopsticks".

Me: Stop it guys, it can't be that *watches some of episode 1* horrib----

OH.
Apr 5, 2013 10:21 AM

Jan 2013
Hahaha, this thread is great!
Apr 5, 2013 10:25 AM

May 2012
Sangfroid said:
I found a new manga to read, and a new anime to drop.

no shit
Apr 5, 2013 10:25 AM

Sep 2012
Tommk said:
Arararraragi-kun said:

/captain obvious
And from what I see in Japanese forum, the uproar is even worse there.

Apr 5, 2013 10:30 AM

Aug 2012
What the fuck is this.

The manga is soooo good,Why did it have to be like this.
Apr 5, 2013 10:31 AM

Mar 2013
Let's see how will they animate the rape scene :D

Apr 5, 2013 10:33 AM

Dec 2012
I don't understand. Did the author really want his work to be badly ruined like this?
Apr 5, 2013 10:35 AM

Jun 2008
parfaited said:
Saw that review of the guy that "wanted to gouge his eyes with cheap chopsticks".

Me: Stop it guys, it can't be that *watches some of episode 1* horrib----

OH.

I had the same reaction..

-Go to my panel
-Saw a guy reviewed it with a 1, and was saying that it's Bad
-In my head, it's a new anime, how could they fuck things up in the first episode
-Saw pics and the gifs
-me : oooohhh, that kind of bad.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Apr 5, 2013 10:36 AM

Nov 2012
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Zerkalo said:
mrstabhappy said:
Zerkalo said:

That was the worst one, how their faces appear from no where ,

Heres how rotoscope is when its done right

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZNPdUjaXys#t=1m37s

Now compare it to the gifs

Seriously?! That's the thing you didn't like about the gif?
Apr 5, 2013 10:40 AM

Jun 2008
Zerkalo said:

He's just proving that for a Rotoscope, it was bad and another anime who used this a minor thing did a better job for not obscuring the details.

Apr 5, 2013 10:42 AM

Dec 2012
Junchi said:
The successor of Inferno Cop has been born!

Please don't insult Inferno Cop. He deserves better than this...
Apr 5, 2013 10:43 AM

Feb 2011
The animation here may be well done, but personally I think it's ugly and I'd rather watch black & white 60's anime.

It's just awkward.
Apr 5, 2013 10:45 AM

Dec 2012
jepong003 said:

Nooooo, my eyes will be hurt
Well then, I'm off to fakku
Apr 5, 2013 10:46 AM

May 2012
kaimax said:
Zerkalo said:

He's just proving that for a Rotoscope, it was bad and another anime who used this a minor thing did a better job for not obscuring the details.

I doubt that he even watch the youtube video. The difference is right there.
Apr 5, 2013 10:47 AM
Oct 2010
omg I was only joking when I saw the trailer, it didn't want to show how the characters look because the art is bad. I didn't thought that was seriusly the case
Apr 5, 2013 10:52 AM

Jul 2009
Don't even have words for this abomination.
Zeratul must slay it!

ビビコードバカァ!

Apr 5, 2013 10:56 AM

Nov 2012
Tommk said:
kaimax said:
Zerkalo said:

I don't get your point right now.
Yes the link he posted looks better.
But the thing with the faces was done on purpose so that doesn't say quality of rotoscoping.
Apr 5, 2013 11:13 AM

Jun 2008
symbv said:
but there are also many who say they never care about how the characters look and care only about the story, well, let's see those people should not feel disappointed about the character art here then if they really never care about how the character art and design is like when they watch an anime.

You mean users like this guy?
How can anybody have a high expectation for this? They are going to candy coat the shit out of it so more people like it. Watch as Nanako Saeki ends up being like some over hyper super loli and Sawa Nakamura ends up as some cocky girl like Taiga from Toradora.

Well, he got what he wished for "they didn't hyper sugar coat this indeed"...lol

Apr 5, 2013 11:18 AM

Jul 2012
If anyone says they like or don't mind the animation and art style of this they are lying or they are wrong.
Apr 5, 2013 11:30 AM

Sep 2011
Zerkalo said:
Tommk said:
kaimax said:
Zerkalo said:

I don't get your point right now.
Yes the link he posted looks better.
But the thing with the faces was done on purpose so that doesn't say quality of rotoscoping.
No it doesnt say the quality for rotoscoping, it says the quality for how badly aku no hana used it, Stuff from the 80's used rotoscoping better than this did.

Aku no hana butchered rotoscope which is normally a really good looking animation choice when not completely half assed like this was
JizzyHitlerApr 5, 2013 11:37 AM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 5, 2013 11:30 AM
Mar 2012
Looks like they're trying to make this looks like even more Seinen and failed miserably.

Ignoring the character visuals, the backgrounds are actually really detailed compared to most titles that has already started airing this season.

I wonder if they're going back using normal animation starting from 2nd episode after seeing people reactions, seems unlikely though.
melina_putriApr 5, 2013 11:38 AM
Apr 5, 2013 11:32 AM

Sep 2012
What must this happens for the anime I wanted to watch the most this season ?

I'll drop it for now. I'll give it a chance when over, in order to vomit my guts only one day.
Apr 5, 2013 11:36 AM

May 2012
symbv said:
Tommk said:
Arararraragi-kun said:

/captain obvious
And from what I see in Japanese forum, the uproar is even worse there.

Oh god, the director must be having a headache now.

Any chance for a remake of this series ?

Yozakura quartet got one.
Apr 5, 2013 11:38 AM
Mar 2013
I'll just pretend this show never existed and continue to enjoy the manga
Apr 5, 2013 11:41 AM

Mar 2012
Oh man, i was so hyped.
This is why i hate animes that don't deserve their good art/animation.
Who is going to watch? Someone make them stop.
Apr 5, 2013 11:42 AM
Mar 2012
jepong003 said:

^
THIS.

My guess is that they will skip it.
Apr 5, 2013 11:43 AM

Apr 2012
Ehh, I've seen plenty of anime that have made regrettable animation decisions. This thing looks like a sloppy, ugly beast, but I'm still waiting for the subs to see how it goes. The plot still sounds too interesting for me to pass up. Animation isn't everything.
Pages (35) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2013

325 by princesjelyfish »»
May 4, 3:41 AM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 18, 2013

253 by princesjelyfish »»
Apr 24, 3:19 AM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2013

86 by bushman66 »»
Apr 13, 3:42 PM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2013

131 by bushman66 »»
Apr 13, 3:40 PM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2013

135 by bushman66 »»
Apr 13, 3:39 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.