Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Dec 23, 2018 5:29 AM

Mar 2010
2/10, the comedy was repetitive and boring (yes, we get it, MC is a pervert) and the drama terribly forced. I only finished this out of sheer masochism.
Jan 26, 2019 8:12 AM

Sep 2010
I think this anime deserve more than 4 score because this anime not that bad.
the cemistry between romance, comedy and music are balance well.
the artwork also good.

score 7/10 for me.
there's no reason for me to hate this anime

after all what happened in my life, I finally realized.
God never say a thing. And God's silence has nothing to do with life or death.
Feb 18, 2019 3:05 PM
Jan 2017
THe first episode of theis anime is very sad and dark for kotoura .. the one that she know leave her one by one and even her mother too is the painfull ..
next i know this is not all kotoura fault, but im undertand how the feel of the people arround her who dont want to their secret can be know by other and kotoura say it without think and not at the right time,, its because her mother not told it so,,

but at overal season kotoura become happier girl after meet manabe and the other and all thie problem was clear at the last episode her mother back to her too even just a little change but she still regret about her weakness to leave kotoura alone,, yeah beagin from hurt and deadlist situatin and finish with happy ending,,
its quit interesting story
Feb 24, 2019 3:25 AM

Jan 2016
I think the show started to go down in quality after the summer vacation. Tho I honestly still enjoyed it.
7/10
May 12, 2019 1:57 AM
Apr 2017
I just can't. 8/10 for me.

The most I was emotional about was the mom part. Really pulled my heart strings.
Happy mother's day to all those moms out there.
Jun 3, 2019 9:58 AM

Aug 2013
Good music but the plot and drama is all over the place.
4/10
The closer you get to the light,the greater your shadow becomes.
Jul 31, 2019 9:38 AM

Jul 2014
The reunion between Haruka and her mother was rushed af.

The overused "haha manabe/grandpa is a pervert lol xd" moments were too unfunny and repetitive, and the drama wasn't well-written enough to make up for it.

My initial rating for this show was 4/10 for just being kind of boring, but episode 11 was so crappy that I lowered my rating. It was a perfectly good idea for a story arc, but they butchered it.

Very shallow and lazily-written anime. 3/10
D-ohnutsFeb 15, 2020 8:46 PM
Jan 12, 2020 9:44 PM

Aug 2017
Bad show, 3/10. Started well and got progressively worse.
May 23, 2020 6:00 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Oh yeah great confession at the end and fortunately the drama with Kotoura's mother is finished, very very enjoyable anime overall
Nov 28, 2020 7:12 AM
Apr 2020
Wow what a ride.. I had a plenty of laughs in some of the episodes. I thought this would've been a simple one but they added a little bit of twists in some of the eps that makes this anime decent. Plus I got the ending that I wanted. 9/10 overall rate for this. Had a great time watching this :)
Dec 11, 2020 4:48 PM
Apr 2016
Hated this show so much, its comedy made me retch and its serious moments were blatantly asinine. Making pedophilia jokes is NOT funny! And even that aside, every single joke is just that guy thinking of something perverted and then Kotoura seeing it and going "Ekk! Pervert!" Perhaps it would cater to some 14-year-old pubescent teenager, would be funny to them, but to me? Not a chance. The conversation with her mother at the end was a bit entertaining and satisfying although, therefore I'll give it a 2 rather than a 1.
May 5, 2021 11:03 PM
Dec 2020
I have reached the end I can say that it wasn’t too bad but it did fall short on somethings here and there. It did made feel a but emotional which not many shows manage to do. The police arc felt a bit awkward, especially how it ended. I am glad kotoura managed to see a glimpse of how her mother felt when they parted. 7/10 not bad. its alright to just watch and chill.
Jul 28, 2021 3:22 AM

Aug 2018
Well.. It seems I see quite some broken mothers lately in anime.. Who do some shit..
Overall, I have some thoughts about this anime.. That it was nice in the beginning.. As well as towards end.. But in the middle it had some strange slice of life at times, as well as Moritani's situation wasn't resolved properly, it felt, so group dynamics seemed weird during the middle of the anime.. Eventually Moritani found her place.. But I feel that it could really have happened some episodes earlier..
I liked initial drama about Kotoura.. As well as detective story was nice as well.. And during crime arc we also finally got Moritani coming, where she should be.. As well as more about Yuriko's feelings about all things..
So in the end, it really depends on what I put accent on this anime.. With time, I feel, it might even become more enjoyable anime in my memories, because it had things I liked, and eventually we arrived to slice of life which feels nice.. The middle of the anime, on the other hand, was quite strange, to my feel.. So it really depends on perspective, how to rate this anime for me personally.. In the end I like the characters.. And like journey in the beginning and later half.. I don't like comedy which was in the middle.. So that is what I think about this anime, I guess..
Dec 24, 2021 2:46 PM
Dec 2021
Good anime. Really liked daichi, hoped they would show his proper face more. I despised that filthy red hair girl
Sep 16, 2022 9:58 PM

Apr 2015
Somewhat good ending and fine show overall, I felt that the writing/directing suffered from confusion, there were too many aspects to handle
tragedy, comedy, romance and a bit slice of life among other things and couldn't handle them well or rather bring them into harmony
and the result was this rushed romance, unpolished tragedy and untimely comedy

Anyway I appreciate what the show tried to do in just 12 episode and it was again, fine
Dec 7, 2022 4:58 AM

Oct 2021
A satisfying ending I guess, still hate kotoura's mother tho. Manabu probably my favourite character in this anime next that chibi senpai, enjoy it would've given an 8 but there's no kiss so 7/10
Jun 5, 2023 3:16 PM

Sep 2018
Very weird tonal shifts and is overly dramatic and without subtlety. In saying that, the perverse humor I enjoyed (especially with it's unique portrayal through mind reading) and the characters are fun to watch.

The fact that it doesn't take itself so seriously for 80% of the show, really clashes badly with the all the bad shit that happened/happens to the MC.

Some real shitty writing with the Mother in the end, in no way is she redeemable in my books, acting like a bitch pretty much until the end lol.
Jul 11, 2023 3:25 AM
Oct 2018
underrated, very cute anime, good ending
Sep 13, 2023 2:55 PM

Dec 2009
Notes from 2014:

Dec 20, 2023 12:57 PM

Aug 2019
why did this fall apart so bad in the end? it was downhill after the attacker thing started. the mother is so fucking stupid if you were sorry and crying about how you were a bad mother and abandoned your daughter THEN WHY THE FUCK DID SHE KEEP BEING A MEAN ASSHOLE TO KOTOURA???
i assume its the anime's fault that their making up was rushed into a few minute long fight. during that i was chanting "HAKKAA SE!" ("beat her up!" in finnish) when kotoura was smacking her with the pillow. and when kotoura dodged her slap i couldnt hold back my laughter

at least the confession was nice.

this show was really funny, cute and occasionally very serious. but there were so many things about it that i also hated so ill have to rate it a 6. i might read the manga someday assuming it is better done.

seems like others here think the same. strong start but then it crumbled down
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 5, 5:08 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
At long last, I have finally finished this series after I started it either 10 years ago or 10+ years ago, can’t remember the exact time but I know it’s around there somewhere lol, it has sat in my crunch watch list all this time, and it truly didn’t deserve to be put off for that long because this was a great show overall. This final episode in particular was a good finale for the series as well, it pretty much wrapped up everything even if some of it felt rushed (mainly the mom thing), and we even had a true confession between Manabe and Kotoura at the end, no kiss unfortunately but who needs em anyway lol.

And when it comes to things I think could have been better about this show there’s two things I immediately think of, the first being Moritani’s very quick forgiveness and the 2nd thing being the ending of the last arc of the show, being the stuff with Tsukino. Yeah Moritani ended up being a hilarious character but it was hard to be like the cast and brush off her very dastardly deed, and as for Tsukino it just felt kinda rushed and then it appeared she got off free of charge despite the crime of beating high school kids lol, I get she had a split personality thing going on but once again it just happened too fast.

That stuff aside tho, this was a truly great show, really fucking funny most of the time and also got me feelings the emotions lol, and of course I really loved the main gang despite Moritani’s incredibly bumpy start, and I think Manabe might be one of my favorite romcom protags. The OP and all three EDs were great as well, that OP is especially catchy and probably won’t be leaving my brain for a while lol. And with that I guess that’s it, it was nice to go back to the super nostalgic year of 2013 again with this show, will have to do it again soon, I already am kinda with Monogatari but this one was a show I actually checked out around that time so it hits harder lol.
Mar 21, 5:17 AM
Jun 2021
This anime sometime make me happy, makes me feel tense, also make me cry... the whole episode is the best... Thank for this masterpiece..
Mar 22, 4:59 PM

Jun 2017
Of course, It's good to see that her mother wasn't actually a heartless monster, but at the end of the day, she still abandoned her own daughter, so.. I feel like it should be a case of, actually wanting to mend things but it will take some time, It'd be more realistic.

Either way, The anime itself was good, could've been better, but I still enjoyed the watch.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kotoura-san Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2013

172 by _untitled »»
Apr 8, 7:55 AM

Poll: » Kotoura-san Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2013

210 by _untitled »»
Mar 25, 9:06 AM

Poll: » Kotoura-san Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2013

196 by SereniTeaHive »»
Mar 22, 5:56 AM

Poll: » Kotoura-san Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Jan 17, 2013

299 by _untitled »»
Mar 11, 9:08 AM

Poll: » Kotoura-san Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

GotenSakurauchi - Jan 10, 2013

456 by _untitled »»
Mar 4, 8:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.