Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 16, 2013 7:39 PM

Sep 2012
neontaster said:
Are those Bokurano spoilers? I haven't watched it yet and I won't read it if they are.
Better not read it. It is hard to write a post without any spoiler when you need to reference to another anime by making comparison.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 16, 2013 7:47 PM

Nov 2011
symbv said:
neontaster said:
Are those Bokurano spoilers? I haven't watched it yet and I won't read it if they are.
Better not read it. It is hard to write a post without any spoiler when you need to reference to another anime by making comparison.

Thanks for the warning. Can you spoiler tag it please?
Mar 16, 2013 7:56 PM

Sep 2012
neontaster said:
symbv said:
neontaster said:

Thanks for the warning. Can you spoiler tag it please?
I can only spoiler my whole post, which seems to me an overkill (make you think if one should spoiler his post when he writes this anime has symphogear reference or evangelion reference) but anyway I would do it.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 16, 2013 8:03 PM

Nov 2011
symbv said:
I can only spoiler my whole post, which seems to me an overkill (make you think if one should spoiler his post when he writes this anime has symphogear reference or evangelion reference) but anyway I would do it.

I guess it depends on if it is something vague or something that is an actual spoiler. For example, if you said Rei was a bit like Homura, that's vague enough to not be a spoiler. Or, on the other hand, if you said something like: This reminds me of Eureka Seven because maybe

The spoilered part is a legitimate E7 spoiler so I wouldn't really leave it out in the open.

(PS: Neither example is particularly true. I just used them to make a point)
Mar 17, 2013 10:24 AM

Dec 2012
Mikenzb said:

Click Above but you have been warned, Only Lolicons Should click the Spoiler

best part :D

i'm always fascinated how often people bathe together (bathtubs, hot springs etc) and even if they don't know each other that much they're usually completely naked. is that an anime thing or is it really like that in japanese? i'm not that familiar with the japanese culture, but i would rather expect them to be more shy when it comes to things like that.
it's just something i realized again while watching this scene.
Mar 17, 2013 11:07 AM

Nov 2010
Amazing episode, definitely the best so far. 10/10
Mar 17, 2013 11:10 AM

May 2012
Chibisukecc said:
symbv said:
Soshintsu said:
She's been trying to kill Akane the whole time (because she'd obviously die if this world is destroyed), the last time when she was caught.
I am not sure if Rei succeeds it means the destruction of this world. I think you are assuming too much here. And even if this is true (still an IF) I don't think Rei realizes it. To her it is just let Alone get to the Engine and her task is fulfilled.

Indeed. And even if destroying the the engine meant destroying the world, Rei wouldn't know it. Because in the episode Rei said this: " destroying the engine might actually be better for this world."

Rei doesn't know, but the professor clearly stated that at the current state of things, if the engine was destroyed it would cause an explosion which could result in a chain reaction destroying the world.

So, it actually is basically destroying the world.

People, just remember that Rei is being deceived greatly. Not to mention the professor has been even deceiving all the girls too. They don't know that this is some sort of otherworldly test to see if they can handle the manifestor engine. They just think the Alone are trying to destroy it because they're some kind of evil alien force or something.

So, if ANYONE is at fault, it is grandpa for playing the secret keeper so much.
Mar 17, 2013 12:19 PM

Jan 2011
The first part made me facepalm myself many times, this show is hilarious. I couldn't help but laugh.
The second, "serious", part was kinda meh.
"Hey looks it's a girl that can't do shit."
"Let's taze her to make the viewers care about her!"
Brilliant idea, A-1!
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Mar 17, 2013 4:13 PM
Jan 2012
Okay.....why is Rei acting like the victim here? Akane clearly is the one who should feel betrayed when Rei is responsible of extending all the death and destruction caused by the alone's (yeah, never really liked her neither ever took her seriously even i tried). So yeah, it was a nice episode at first but was ruined at the end.
Mar 17, 2013 5:16 PM

Aug 2011
Mmm, probably the most enjoyable episode to date and that's not just for the absurd amounts of nudity either. The mayo helped though.

I was eagerly awaiting the moment when Akane and Rei found out each other's true identities. Then Rei decided to have an emotional breakdown, really now of all times? Akane could have spun the situation around too, accusing Rei of forwarding their relationship for the sole purpose of information gathering on the Manafestor Engine. It's a clever play by Rei to attack her weak spot with friendship accusations though.
Mar 17, 2013 6:38 PM

Mar 2013
Mikenzb said:
Dammm...... Rei gets caught, What An SUPER EPIC EPISODE! So much story crammed into 1 episode lol. I wish the White Beams could be removed but tat was still Super Awesome with Epic Parts.

Click Above but you have been warned, Only Lolicons Should click the Spoiler

Maybe the Akane's birthmark is a "Mongolian Spot":
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mongolian_spot

Is common in East Asians, Native Americans and East African people. In caucasians is very rare.
Mar 17, 2013 7:09 PM

Jan 2012
the problem arises... need more rei of course lol
Mar 17, 2013 7:56 PM

Oct 2009
Rei is too gullible. Just look at her face

Gold.

I bet she has developed a refrigerator phobia.

and here I was, hoping to see more of Momo...

I'm interested with professor Isshiki contact with the first Alone in the incident many years ago that involves Akane and her mom. Something does not fits in...

Why is it takes a long time for the next Alone to reach the world?
Why the professor did not stop developing the engine after contact with Alone?
What was red key that Akane holds? it was given by the professor, and every other keys magically derived from it.
(Why not Momo? damn I want Vividpink too!)
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Mar 17, 2013 8:00 PM

Nov 2011
This actually kinda reminds me of Giant Robo. It also had an incident involving a new form of energy, and then years later the results of that incident come back to haunt the world. If you haven't seen it, I can't recommended it enough. Fantastic OVA and the animation is beyond spectacular.
Mar 18, 2013 5:27 AM

Jan 2008
This episode = wait for blu rays.
Mar 18, 2013 3:54 PM

Oct 2009
Paul said:

I doubt they will remove the censor light from Rei scene though... it would take miracle for that one.
but I think you will get around it somewhere on the imageboards...
thanks internet.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Mar 18, 2013 8:36 PM

Jan 2008
azzuRe said:
Paul said:

I doubt they will remove the censor light from Rei scene though... it would take miracle for that one.
thanks internet.

I think there's a good chance of the steam disappearing during the shower but the ass beam will probably stay as the angle may show 'too much'... probably or they might just lessen the beam size.
Mar 20, 2013 2:01 PM

May 2012
ironherc said:
Okay.....why is Rei acting like the victim here? Akane clearly is the one who should feel betrayed when Rei is responsible of extending all the death and destruction caused by the alone's (yeah, never really liked her neither ever took her seriously even i tried). So yeah, it was a nice episode at first but was ruined at the end.

Exactly what I was thinking.
Mar 23, 2013 7:25 AM

Sep 2009
Akane with her hair down looks more cooler.. if she didn't speak, we can't tell that she's a girl.. instead we will think that she's a boy :D
Mar 23, 2013 12:09 PM

Jan 2008
So yeah... Rei's trying to blow up the reactor, killing God knows how many people, gets close to Akane to find out about the professor, lies about why she wanted the information.... AND AKANE IS THE LIAR?

You know what? FUCK YOU, bitch. FUCK! YOU!
Mar 24, 2013 3:19 PM

Jan 2012
I want to snap that crow in half, how dare they hurt Rei. A strong shipper of Rei x Akane here. A doujinshi about this ep would be totally nice too.
Mar 24, 2013 9:28 PM

Jan 2013
Best episode yet.
Mar 25, 2013 10:10 AM
Jan 2013
Magito said:
UnbornMVs said:
Best ep up to date . The sound was awesome . But meh it had it's own awkward moments like:

*facepalm*

DAT ASS!

DAT 14 YEAR OLD ASS!

LOOL. i laughed too hard at this scene.
Apr 4, 2013 1:26 AM

Nov 2011
DejitaruDan said:

Maybe the Akane's birthmark is a "Mongolian Spot":
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mongolian_spot

Is common in East Asians, Native Americans and East African people. In caucasians is very rare.

I thought for sure this was a Buratei Marii/seiyuu connection joke, but it looks as though you've never actually seen Joshiraku.
Apr 15, 2013 9:04 AM

Jun 2008
A very decent episode and we also had some drama for the end.
Proof that the crow is the ultimate evil.

What a villainous act. Hiding that ass.

AiCon said:

I'm still wondering how that Alone can be destroyed so easily when Rei shot 3 arrows into that thing. That other monster that nearly killed Akane only had one arrow, but this one had 3 and was taken out so easily. Can't wait to see the next episode.

3? I only saw 1. Where did you see three?
MonadApr 15, 2013 9:40 AM
Jun 30, 2013 8:52 PM

Dec 2008
SuperImpact said:
ironherc said:

This is also what I was thinking.
Also, I am still surprised that Rei had not figured out that Akane and the girls were the ones destroying the Alone.
Nov 29, 2013 7:00 PM

Feb 2013
(rewatching)

Paul said:
azzuRe said:
Paul said:
thanks internet.
I think there's a good chance of the steam disappearing during the shower but the ass beam will probably stay as the angle may show 'too much'... probably or they might just lessen the beam size.
I'll confirm 100% lots of naked-Rei on the BD. Honestly though, it's unnecessary. I think the censored version is more classy.

Things sure got intense at the end there. Rei bet a lot on that Alone, and it died almost instantly. Plus the shock of Rei and Akane finding out they're enemies.
Mar 1, 2014 1:51 AM

Aug 2013
SuperImpact said:
ironherc said:

"Sure I'm trying to destroy your world but how dare you lie to me!" haha smh.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
May 11, 2014 4:54 PM

May 2012
Oh boy that ending! It was going to happen either way... but still :|

And lol that bath scene, that girl sure is crazy showing off her butt all of the sudden!
Jun 27, 2015 11:10 AM

Nov 2013
5a-5a said:
So I was actually surprised by the way things turned out. It was REI that was upset at AKANE, even though Akane was the one who found out someone who she considered a friend and really liked, was the enemy.

Seems more like Akane should be the one feeling betrayed. I actually like that it wasn't what I was expecting though :o plus this ending shows that Rei really was starting to open up to being friends with Akane

+1

And Rei is really stupid. She really thinks, the earth is better off without the engine. She doesn't realize, that earth will most likely be destroyed, if the engine is destroyed. I thought she was just ruthless, but she is only a stupid tool.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Jul 5, 2016 1:01 AM

May 2009
Akane! How dare you betray me by defending mankind's only source of power from gigantic destructive aliens! Logically speaking, if you did know I was behind the aliens powering up, you'd have detained me instead of having a slumber party. I know your evil secrets though. You only waited until I powered up another alien, potentially causing even more death and destruction, because you wanted to be a jerk friend.

I can't believe I ate your mayonnaise.

-Rei

Latest Review
Kino's Journey
May 18, 2017 5:53 PM

Jun 2015
There's been a lot of stupid writing so far, but man, that betrayal scene was stupid. I was almost a little sad until somehow Rei suddenly turns the blame around on Akane? And Akane is the one apologizing?? Rei has been betraying you all this whole time! xD The show apparently expects me to feel bad for Rei, but that's literally impossible given the context. And then I couldn't feel bad for Akane either because she's such a pushover. So now I just don't feel bad for anyone, it's just asinine lol.

Ugh, but I'm this far in, may as well finish it...
Jan 30, 2020 9:54 PM

Feb 2014
I was thinking that Rei was being dramatic on purpose to make Akane feel guilty...but maybe she was actually genuinely surprised :o
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 30, 2021 1:07 AM

Feb 2020
That was kinda strange. Akane should be the one feeling betrayed.

SerafosDec 11, 2023 8:48 AM
Mar 30, 2022 7:34 AM

Aug 2018
Makes you feel vivid, when you feel you wanna befriend someone, hm.. Well, wouldn't say it's like that for everyone.. But idea is interesting, and maybe for some it is the feeling..
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vividred Operation Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2013

208 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
May 12, 11:33 PM

Poll: » Vividred Operation Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

bippo - Mar 28, 2013

170 by Gendolfas »»
Mar 30, 2022 9:10 AM

Poll: » Vividred Operation Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2013

115 by Gendolfas »»
Mar 30, 2022 8:26 AM

Poll: » Vividred Operation Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

71 by Gendolfas »»
Mar 30, 2022 6:39 AM

Poll: » Vividred Operation Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2013

79 by Gendolfas »»
Mar 29, 2022 12:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.