Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Nov 20, 2012 2:40 AM
Jul 2018
Ahahahahahahhhaaaah. Bones, kill yourselves.
The only way to get over it: just pretend that this "sequel" thing didn't exist in the first place. Fuck no, I don't acknowledge this as sequel to E7 anime. There was not chance of logical continuation for E7 series in the first place. Lol this is just as bad as movie. Well i think so. Fuck will never wish for a sequel for my favorite show, never!!!

Also, anyone else noticed that gazele or whatever his name was looked awfully similar to holand in the end? lolwhat
removed-userNov 20, 2012 2:44 AM
Nov 20, 2012 2:45 AM

Jan 2009
im gonna make a difference here and say i enjoyed the ending so much, i gave this series 8/10 since its not totally a stand alone series, ye Ao just erased himself from the memories of his family and friends but that does not mean he will not exist anymore he got a fresh start on a different parallel universe or timeline and looking at the ending scene it will be a Naru X Ao ending instead of Fleur X Ao, darn i love parallel universes and time warping stories like this that got good ending, damn awesome ending!!! and Truth becomes the truth of the whole reality XD he now wanders on every parallel universes or timelines he is a god with OMNIPRESENCE now lol
degNov 20, 2012 3:08 AM
Nov 20, 2012 2:51 AM

Nov 2012
rul said:
Wow Truth really got bet over, he was reduced from the villain to pretty much a sat nav for AO. I enjoyed the series I would give it a 6.5-7/10, the story was so so but the sound track and fights were enjoyable.

I didn't really get the conclusion, I don't get how AO can be back to the world we started in when he stopped Eureka from ever being there, the main downfall for the series was it was getting too complicated with alternate universes I was able to keep up but I felt we could do without it.
Actually he didn't stop her from ever being there.

All he did was stop her from being put into a state of flux. Essentially he came in and stopped her from taking that clump of quartz away. So instead of her disappearing into a flux state she goes from that point to her original time/universe.

This technically means that Ao in that timeline still remained with Grampa Fukai as a 2 year old, and grew up and had all the events transpire like they would've.

The only difference now in the timeline would be that any and all encounters with that Ghost Eureka wouldn't have occurred, because she never reached that flux state. Everything else though should have transpired as shown in the show, even included other time/history alterations.

Out of a technicality when he shows up, the other characters should know about him and Eureka and everything else. Since the flux Eureka being gone would barely impact the timeline.

Actually one character that would be affected would be Elena... as she got her closure from flux Eureka (where she learned Eureka saved her from a possible death and that she got a glimpse of Eureka's Universe). Meaning she may still be losing it or something.... or worse not exist... as Eureka saving Elena may have happened as a result of her being in flux (she is shown in her mom clothes as opposed to the clothes she was wearing in her first visit when she was preggers with Ao's sister)....

Regardless Bones clearly doesn't show what happens when Ao returns to Okinawa for a reason... they don't want to try and explain what changes have occurred.
Nov 20, 2012 2:51 AM

Jul 2012
Mind my first ever post on here to also vent, but:

I don't get it.

Ok so Ao erases himself (thus repelling whatever romance/relationships he built up for 24 episodes)

Basically history would repeat itself following the invasion of the Coral in the later years which will cause Eureka and Renton to begin annihilating the Coral (again) and so forth having Ao jumping the fringes of space and time (again)

Ok so what happens then?

So basically to the whole "Reality changes to the observer" what can we expect from whatever happens to Ao? He just lives in a trepar-less world without knowing Naru or his flight mates, nobody ever dies, and pretty much we were wagged the middle finger this whole time?

Bones just went full retard, must have hired the writers of ME3
Nov 20, 2012 2:55 AM

Nov 2012
TriumphDaytona said:

I don't get it.

Ok so Ao erases himself (thus repelling whatever romance/relationships he built up for 24 episodes)

Basically history would repeat itself following the invasion of the Coral in the later years which will cause Eureka and Renton to begin annihilating the Coral (again) and so forth having Ao jumping the fringes of space and time (again)

Ok so what happens then?

If Ao returns to his timeline/universe but the coral never existed doesn't that mean that he wouldn't be able to materialize? BECAUSE HE DOESN'T EXIST?

Your not the only one..... this ending and series bothered me so much I just had to vent it all.

I'd say welcome but I'm just as new, and it's all thanks to this laughable sequel. Also if you are confused about the ending read my above post.

The ending makes sense, and he didn't erase himself. The problem though is how pointless it makes everything that transpired in the series.

As for the bit where a whole bunch of portals are opening up and he fires a massive burst with the Quartz Cannon, I have no idea what happened there so it's probably any ones guess. Cause technically all those portals with secrets and scubs were opening up in the moment in the timeline where Eureka was supposed to have disappeared.

It's so chaotic and convoluted you don't know what it's supposed to mean. Yet it just seems as though he's removed the scub that was coming from the future through portals.... not the original first scub that comes to earth much later and then has the events transpire with the original Eureka Seven.

It's convoluted in general, and yeah I'm still trying to get my head around everything that was occurring at the end there.
TheMaverickkNov 20, 2012 3:01 AM
Nov 20, 2012 2:57 AM

May 2011
Wow...simply wow.
Nov 20, 2012 3:12 AM

Jul 2010
Finally this shit show is over. Instead of making a completely original show, they gave us something bland and teased two fleshed out characters from a good series. Just like Last Exile: Ginyoku no Fam, I'm going to act like this train wreck never happened. Ao and Ginyoku no Fam are examples of messing with something that was fine alone and trying to make a quick buck by riding on the name.
The creator should feel ashamed and dirty.
Nov 20, 2012 3:19 AM

Apr 2009
The disappointing thing is, the series started off pretty good and then just went downhill at increasingly faster speeds. I thought episode 23 was pretty good and then along came episode 24 with it's plate full of shit.
Nov 20, 2012 3:25 AM

Jan 2009
TriumphDaytona said:

I don't get it.

Ok so what happens then?

So basically to the whole "Reality changes to the observer" what can we expect from whatever happens to Ao? He just lives in a trepar-less world without knowing Naru or his flight mates, nobody ever dies, and pretty much we were wagged the middle finger this whole time?

nah you are thinking that Parallel Universe and or Time Traveling will all have thesame conclusion which is wrong, have you watch Steins;Gate? its explained there that in modern physcis terms when you Time Travel you simply go to another timeline, but in Ao's case he go to an entirely different timeline, if i can word it properly in Steins;Gate it was explained that Time acts like a rope with different threads forming the rope and if you Time Jump/Travel on that rope you end up on a slightly different thread on same rope and hence only few changes take place since its thesame rope and also because its thesame rope it may end up with thesame conclusion.... but Ao Time Jump/Travel on an entirely different rope and hence its a really new timeline for him and it will have brand new conclusion too... i hope you understand what im saying i feel i cannot word it well, but just watch Steins;Gate since its a very good series anyway and the Analogy to Laymans term of modern physics way of Time Traveling is explained more better in Steins;Gate
degNov 20, 2012 3:30 AM
Nov 20, 2012 3:25 AM

Oct 2012
I liked this show, I did not think they should of done the story about what it was about after it was a sequal to the other E7 but it felt very distant from it apart from the few flashbacks with Eureka etc, it should of just been an entirely different show on its own with the story it did otherwise people wouldn't expect to be informed about EVERYTHING that happened with the gekko etc and what happened afterwards on E7..

But don't get me wrong, I too would love to have a hole season / series dedicated to what happens after the original E7, because from these 2 episodes it looked like they still had work to do.
Nov 20, 2012 3:47 AM

Mar 2011
WTF was that ending sh1t.
Nov 20, 2012 4:14 AM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
And a bad ending to a bad series. My score of 4 wavered a bit but in the end it won. I only wavered when knowing about Renton's and Eureka's hardships but even that in the end was meaningless pretty much.

This is a 25 episode series who ultimately is all about Renton and Eureka trying to protect the world Ao is living to keep him alive and it's sweet and all (considering how their first child died) but it kinda negates everything before. This could have easily been 2-3 OVAs and actually have a better concrete story than this series. And everything seems meaningless when Ao sacrifices himself either way. Sure, it's touching and it shows nothing goes according to plan but it's kind of a turn off considering the rest of everything. And how fast did Renton and Eureka accept that he was going to sacrifice himself... They even managed to mess a bit my image of them.

So, apart from the story that mostly was unneeded and had no real connection to the story, nothing else rly stood out. Character development was either non-existent or plain bad with my main example being Fleur. At first I was indifferent to her, then I heard the story of her father's decision to keep her alive thus agreeing to her mother's death. Instead of understanding her father at some point and how hard it was for him and get closer to the only family she had left, she chose to be a horrid bitch and blaming him for everything. If only that was the initial phase, I'd be fine but no, she is horrible. And now, in the last episode she shows again her maturity by asking Ao how could he choose his real family when he had told her and the rest that they are his family. Well, excuuuuuse me princess for wanting to save my mother.
Truth... Oh, Truth Truth... Too much fuss for ultimately nothing. This is an example of something small escalating to something major without rly any necessity to be there.
Can go on for the rest of cast but honestly I don't care. None of them left a strong impression and I can mostly say bad things so yeah.
I can say though that I pity Ao at times. He got a major power to change the future at such a young age and no kid can rly know what to do so yes, he is put in a position no kid should be and can understand a bit not wanting to defeat Truth thus changing the future again. Though in the end, he seems pretty happy even though he is in the 3rd world and might even not exist there.

Story and characters are my top priotities in a show and both were pretty butchered. I could care less about Ao and even less about the supporting characters soooo a 4 should be something I'm generous with xD
Nov 20, 2012 4:27 AM
Nov 2012
Could someone please just explain what happened in the last 2 episodes? It was such a big mindfuck that I seriously want to knock something out.
Nov 20, 2012 4:31 AM
Mar 2012
This show did not turn out how i thought it would, ohwell was interesting atleast.
Nov 20, 2012 4:38 AM
Jul 2018
Maffy said:
And a bad ending to a bad series. My score of 4 wavered a bit but in the end it won. I only wavered when knowing about Renton's and Eureka's hardships but even that in the end was meaningless pretty much.

This is a 25 episode series who ultimately is all about Renton and Eureka trying to protect the world Ao is living to keep him alive and it's sweet and all (considering how their first child died) but it kinda negates everything before. This could have easily been 2-3 OVAs and actually have a better concrete story than this series. And everything seems meaningless when Ao sacrifices himself either way. Sure, it's touching and it shows nothing goes according to plan but it's kind of a turn off considering the rest of everything. And how fast did Renton and Eureka accept that he was going to sacrifice himself... They even managed to mess a bit my image of them.

So, apart from the story that mostly was unneeded and had no real connection to the story, nothing else rly stood out. Character development was either non-existent or plain bad with my main example being Fleur. At first I was indifferent to her, then I heard the story of her father's decision to keep her alive thus agreeing to her mother's death. Instead of understanding her father at some point and how hard it was for him and get closer to the only family she had left, she chose to be a horrid bitch and blaming him for everything. If only that was the initial phase, I'd be fine but no, she is horrible. And now, in the last episode she shows again her maturity by asking Ao how could he choose his real family when he had told her and the rest that they are his family. Well, excuuuuuse me princess for wanting to save my mother.
Truth... Oh, Truth Truth... Too much fuss for ultimately nothing. This is an example of something small escalating to something major without rly any necessity to be there.
Can go on for the rest of cast but honestly I don't care. None of them left a strong impression and I can mostly say bad things so yeah.
I can say though that I pity Ao at times. He got a major power to change the future at such a young age and no kid can rly know what to do so yes, he is put in a position no kid should be and can understand a bit not wanting to defeat Truth thus changing the future again. Though in the end, he seems pretty happy even though he is in the 3rd world and might even not exist there.

Story and characters are my top priotities in a show and both were pretty butchered. I could care less about Ao and even less about the supporting characters soooo a 4 should be something I'm generous with xD

This this this

There is no way, Renton and Eureka would let their son shoulder it all alone, this is complete nonsense and it didn't change my opinion on two great characters. Agree so much. I never liked her, her character was so flat, and that she hated her father for such reason it made her more obnoxious. Same thing I can say about Ao, who without even knowing shit,kept badmouthing his father. I seriously wanted for someone to give him good bitch slap, "what were you doing all the time?". Little bastard. I think he deserves being forever alone now. Lolwhat Fleur was dumb, she obviously had crush on Ao.
Truth........... I don't even know what the fuck he was doing there, anyway his character was generic, overpowered, deus ex machina thingy.
Kid powah, you know. Obviously people who made those series don't know how children actually are.
Nov 20, 2012 4:51 AM

Nov 2012
Maffy said:
And a bad ending to a bad series. My score of 4 wavered a bit but in the end it won. I only wavered when knowing about Renton's and Eureka's hardships but even that in the end was meaningless pretty much. ....

Have to agree with you. the one redeeming side of this entire finale was the realization that the whole reason Eureka had come to that time period was Renton's decision to give his son a chance at life.

That he loved his son that much he was willing to let him go.

Mind you at the end of the day even that whole spiel about how Eureka and Renton couldn't have a child because trapar turned them to stone was for the most part stupid.

Yeah it made for a very heart wrenching sadness, you really feel their pain.... but why even make that creative decision in the first place. Not to mention it makes absolutely no sense.

Why would their child turn to stone from trapar exposure. I mean Eureka and Renton both don't turn to stone being exposed to it. Neither of them have that trait. So why introduce a medical complication like this to a beloved anime couple.

There are so many elements of the show that are never explained... or never expanded upon other then a brief mentioning.

So yeah absolutely completely pointless in the end. Maybe one day I'll watch it all again and not be as disappointed by it all. A fresh take on it and less expectation or something.
TheMaverickkNov 20, 2012 6:32 AM
Nov 20, 2012 5:14 AM

Dec 2009
I'm crying here.

Be ashamed of yourself, Bones.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Nov 20, 2012 5:37 AM
Aug 2010
BONES is the Bioware of anime.
Nov 20, 2012 5:50 AM
Jun 2012
this anime.... hurts my brain, what a horrible piece of shit, all I feel is anger now. Argh where is Sword art online when I need it.
Nov 20, 2012 6:07 AM

Nov 2008
I had good hopes for last two episodes, but i got utterly disappointed... What the fuck is with this fucking plot and ending..
Nov 20, 2012 6:13 AM

Jan 2009
The anime itself is a paradox, did I just use the right word? pity to be Ao at the ending. I hope the Ao that gets born properly grows up well with both parents this time around. To those who didn't understand the ending, you guys need to watch more mindfuck anime.

Please correct me if I'm wrong with my analysis, there will be 2 Ao? the original Ao that sacrificed himself so he could take Eureka's stead and he finally lived in a different universe and timeline at 2027 AD. The second Ao is the 2 year old that got left behind during this encounter and will grow up in a world without IFOs and scub bursts due to the first Ao's intervention. Well this is just hilarious!

P.S. I am aware of the infinite universe and timline but what happens to the 2 year old Ao that got left behind! :c kawai-soune...
ItadakiimasuNov 20, 2012 6:35 AM
Nov 20, 2012 6:29 AM
Nov 2012
Eh, yeah, it was kind of disappointing, but the only real regret I have is that Fleur lost and Naru still attacked him, Truth or no Truth. But I don't see why everyone is angered because of the end result in which nobody knows Ao in the 'new' universe; it's kind of a recurring theme throughout anime. The whole "And so life begins anew" ending just gives you enough space to imagine your own ending, or wait for some OVA five months later explaining how many friends he's made. It's kind of a little bit remotely sort of maybe like the ending to Steins;Gate in which Kurisu doesn't know Okabe, but you still know that they're going to retie their relationship regardless. Plus, considering you saw that Gazelle and his crew were probably declaring Okinawan independence at the end, Ao may not turn out to be some homeless bum with long hair. There was no real 'ending' to the series/Ao's life, it was more of just an ending to the Secret and Scub Coral conflict.

But yeah, the whole thing about Renton acting like "Oh, now that I have Eureka, I'll let Ao go sacrifice his existence without thinking twice" was bullshit to me.

Typical Bones. Good thing they didn't try to make a Darker Than Black season 2...
Nov 20, 2012 6:32 AM

Jan 2009
Zacanator531 said:
E
But yeah, the whole thing about Renton acting like "Oh, now that I have Eureka, I'll let Ao go sacrifice his existence without thinking twice" was bullshit to me.

Typical Bones. Good thing they didn't try to make a Darker Than Black season 2...

Yeah I hate the part where they sacrificed their son, so 2 dead offsprings so far and probably counting? anyways there is a darker than black season 2 :P i or did you mean a season 3?
Nov 20, 2012 6:32 AM
Aug 2010
Itadakiimasu said:

Please correct me if I'm wrong with my analysis, there will be 2 Ao? the original Ao that sacrificed himself so he could take Eureka's stead and he finally lived in a different universe and timeline at 2027 AD. The second Ao is the 2 year old that got left behind during this encounter and will grow up in a world without IFOs and scub bursts due to the first Ao's intervention. Well this is just hilarious!

There are infinite numbers of Ao's and universes meh. This is why I don't like dimension skipping stuff
Nov 20, 2012 6:34 AM

Jan 2009
triforcebih said:
Itadakiimasu said:

There are infinite numbers of Ao's and universes meh. This is why I don't like dimension skipping stuff

Yes indeed, I am aware of the infinite universe and timeline but my concern is what will happen to the poor old 2 year old Ao that got left behind :c
Nov 20, 2012 6:35 AM
Aug 2010
Itadakiimasu said:

Yes indeed, I am aware of the infinite universe and timeline but my concern is what will happen to the poor old 2 year old Ao that got left behind :c

It already happened.

BONES happened xd
Nov 20, 2012 6:36 AM

Jan 2009
triforcebih said:
Itadakiimasu said:

It already happened.

BONES happened xd

I want to cry :c

BONES WHY ARE YOU SO SKELLY AT WRITING...

this ending gave a similar feeling to that of darker than black season 2 ending.
Nov 20, 2012 6:43 AM
Jul 2018
Itadakiimasu said:

Yeah I hate the part where they sacrificed their son, so 2 dead offsprings so far and probably counting?

That's the main reason why Bones should drop dead. Butchering two great characters like that to make Ao hero and establish shitty "tragic" end, or whatever fuck they thought ending was going to be.
Nov 20, 2012 6:54 AM

Nov 2012
Itadakiimasu said:
The anime itself is a paradox, did I just use the right word? pity to be Ao at the ending. I hope the Ao that gets born properly grows up well with both parents this time around. To those who didn't understand the ending, you guys need to watch more mindfuck anime.

I've watched mindfuck animes before that have been far more cohesive.

For that matter I've seen shows and movies better handle time travel paradoxes as well. There are several times in the anime where certain things follow one rule of time travel while other moments where they follow different rules of time travel.

To a certain extent the show is very unclear whether it's time travel or multiple universes. Which can be two different things. Basically if a company wants to produce a show like this they have to have a sort of logic to it.

Mind you the whole time travel aspect was just the tip of it. There are way to many times in Ao that they touch on things that they never expand. Not to mention poor relationship building between characters.

Very rarely when I was watching the show did I get the impression that there was a sincere amount of concern between Ao and Fleur, or Elena or anyone else for that matter. There are a few moments where you see some strong connection between characters, but it's always short stopped and again never expanded on.

Characters like Naru's family, or even Toshio Fukai (the grandpa care giver figure). You are introduced to so many characters that never develop past anything superficial.

It just would've been nice if the characters were more then filler if you know what I mean. Like really who was Gazelle, and his friends... even after watching the entire show I still have no idea why I'm supposed to care who these characters are. They just sort of tagged along.

To a certain degree that's what a lot of the characters feel like.... they are just tagging along with Ao, usually spouting the obvious.

Maybe this is a result of such a large cast of characters and trying to characterize them in a short time span.

Still by comparison I cared more for characters like Ray and Charles, and they made me care in fewer episodes. The characters had relevance to both the overall story and as part of Rentons character development.

So the dissatisfaction with the series is ultimately more then just the ending.
Nov 20, 2012 6:56 AM
Aug 2011
These last two episodes made this anime...
Brought a tear to my eye with Renton and Eureka...
HNNNNNNGGGGG... SO MANY FEELS!!!
Nov 20, 2012 7:04 AM
Nov 2012
Itadakiimasu said:

Yeah I hate the part where they sacrificed their son, so 2 dead offsprings so far and probably counting? anyways there is a darker than black season 2 :P i or did you mean a season 3?

Haha, what are you talking about? There is no DtB season 2, that's just a myth. It never happened.
IT.
NEVER.
HAPPENED.

I guess Renton and Eureka are just terrible parents. Thanks, Bones.
Nov 20, 2012 7:05 AM

Nov 2012
Helladank said:
These last two episodes made this anime...
Brought a tear to my eye with Renton and Eureka...
HNNNNNNGGGGG... SO MANY FEELS!!!
Yeah but still doesn't do the original series justice.

Not to mention why not have Eureka and Renton remain in the past with him?

If the scubs have been prevented from traveling back in time, then they could live alongside him in a new time. I mean Renton was the guy who went to impossible lengths to be with Eureka.

The Nirvash made that happen even.

Yet for whatever reason the ending of Ao had to end this way? The best solution Renton could come up with in the end was destroying the origin of all scub (essentially that proposal implies he would've never met Eureka and never had a son either) before they could ever cover the entire world in his universe, and ultimately begin leaving to other planes.

Not to mention... why all this fighting with the scubs???? That was RESOLVED in the original Eureka Seven. They left the physical plane of existence. Scubs knew better then to aggressively expand and take over the world, meld with people... the scubs had learned through the emotions engraved in the compact drive.

So why not mediate with them again? This time to tell the scubs to stop traveling through time to infect earth earlier?

THERE WAS SO MANY OTHER WAYS TO END THE SERIES.... possibilities that even made sense in respect to the original series.
Nov 20, 2012 7:12 AM
Sep 2012
The only common sense conclusion is that Ao removed himself from the timeline and restored everything to how it was supposed to happen without scub coral or secrets interfering the world events. (A timeline as described by Truth before he erased himself).

Now speaking of Truth, he realized that his existence in itself is an obstacle to obtaining the correct timeline (WWII, Atom Bomb etc), which is precisely why he wanted the Quartz Cannon, so that he can off himself properly.

As for Renton and Eureka, I supposed they would return to their proper future and everything restored, since Ao fixed the past events, thus avoiding Secrets attacking the planet in the future. However, the catch is that only Ao, Renton, Eureka plus archetype Truth would know what had transpired in Eureka Seven Ao. Remember, Renton followed Ao through the wormholes and Eureka was saved prior to her being stuck in time as part of Quartz (this would probably negate her later experience as an apparition to Ao and others though).

Ao would have also been stuck in time if he was not inside an archetype Nirvash when he fired the Quartz cannon. You have to thank Truth for that as Nirvash shouldered the majority of Seven Swell effect and shielded Ao from becoming an apparition that drifts from time to time like his mother once did.

So yes, Renton and Eureka would essentially have a dead daughter, and a son living in an alternate timeline in the past.

By the look of the final scene, I think Ao will be just fine, even if nobody remembers him. What's important is that he remembers them!
Nov 20, 2012 7:16 AM

Jun 2011
I'm still in shock. What just happened? Did Bones just screw up another perfectly good franchise?

I TRUSTED YOU THIS TIME BONES. I TRUSTED THAT YOU WOULD DELIVER A FRESH, ENTERTAINING E7 SEQUEL.

Well, I guess that's what they did, in the end; minus the fresh part and making the entertainment stem from how bad it is.

I'm going to rewatch E7 soon and wash the AO taste out of my mouth. Here's hoping that Zetsuen no Tempest doesn't go this route.
And what if all love is an act of bravery?

Could you look me in the eye and say that you are not afraid?

Nov 20, 2012 7:22 AM
Jan 2012
The ending was just convoluted and just plain bad writing. On the bright side though, seeing Eureka and Renton (who I've been waiting for him to pop up since episode 1) was a rewarding nostalgia trip enough. Though hearing Renton sound like Holland was a bit mindblowing :/ (Yea, I know it was Holland's seiyuu) I mean seriously, they had to use Holland's seiyuu (VA) for a grown-up Renton? It just sounded weird lol Putting that aside I liked the re-union just for the sake of seeing those two again if not for anything else.
Nov 20, 2012 7:27 AM

Nov 2012
lkx said:
The only common sense conclusion is that Ao removed himself from the timeline and restored everything to how it was supposed to happen without scub coral or secrets interfering the world events. (A timeline as described by Truth before he erased himself). . . . .

By the look of the final scene, I think Ao will be just fine, even if nobody remembers him. What's important is that he remembers them!

At the end of the day though.... is Ao's story worth remembering?

I mean was it even really worth telling this story?

That's all I have in mind personally. Other then the few highlights in it, I have little reason to care as a fan of Eureka Seven. Which I think is really unfortunate.

I may come back and watch it in the future and enjoy it for what it is. Still that is something I'm not ready to subject myself to at the moment.
Nov 20, 2012 7:27 AM

Sep 2009
I don't know. But I'm kinda disappointed :( I kinda don't get it but I watched it twice to really understand it more. I feel sad for Ao. He sacrificed his self. That's so sad. As if he never existed .. this hurts my feelings .. esp. with the song that is playing in the end.
Nov 20, 2012 7:29 AM

May 2010
I know it's all happy and shit but I'm really really disappointed, what the hell did I just watched !!?

Nov 20, 2012 7:32 AM
Aug 2012
basicly the easiest way to put it is that the anime never happened, and thats the ending. kinda fitting as how bad bones messed it up, maybe they though the only way to salvage this anime was by making it not happen at all.
Nov 20, 2012 7:39 AM

Nov 2012
koolaid117 said:
basicly the easiest way to put it is that the anime never happened, and thats the ending. kinda fitting as how bad bones messed it up, maybe they though the only way to salvage this anime was by making it not happen at all.
Just can't believe they made us wait 2 months for this.

I had hoped that they would've taken the two months off to refocus and just really bring about an ending that would do justice to the whole Renton reveal at the end of episode 22.

Seriously they had two months to make a decent ending, and the best they could come with is making it so it didn't happen?

They had the creative freedom to do absolutely anything. They could've had Renton and Eureka communicate with the scub and end their whole "time migration".... so many other potential endings. It was convoluted, contradicting and had plenty of plot holes, they could've done whatever.... but at the very least make it something fans could be content with. At least to justify watching to this point.
Nov 20, 2012 7:44 AM

Feb 2012
sooo...this never happened lololol
Nov 20, 2012 7:47 AM
Nov 2012
Is Bones really going to let the series pass like this?
Will we see another Eureka Seven series,one that is not connected to either of them.That is what i am most curious of.
Nov 20, 2012 7:55 AM
Sep 2012
It was really terrible, really the only part i liked about this ramdomized forcefuly plot twisted end, was the part of the "fight" renton vs ao and that was solely because of this dialog:

Renton: "¡The original is enough!"
Ao: ¿What the hell? ¡¿Says who?!

When i heard that i just coulndn't stop my laugh ^^

And the only thing about E7AO i'm going to say is this.

As you might remember the movie Nausicaä mainly state was about the preservation of life, it was an awesome movie with a great message that didn't feel forced or cliché; but then some people decided to launch a video game about it, and some others remembering how good the movie was belived that it was going to great. In the end the video game was exactly the opposite to the movie because your main goal was "kill anything that walks in front of you, or you're dead" (if you don't know about this video game just google it) for E7AO is that video game nothing more and nothing less.
kitsukoNov 20, 2012 7:58 AM
Nov 20, 2012 7:56 AM
Nov 2012
Really man, it was unexpected ending!!! The worst ending i have ever seen, such a wastage of time. If AO is not existed now then its like this anime isn't made, WTF...
It is obvious that they forced this series to its end in rush.
Nov 20, 2012 8:13 AM

Mar 2012
Wow...uh...hmm...

I don't even know what to say about "this". I'll just come out and say when I first heard about an Eureka Seven sequel. I was stoked. I couldn't wait to see what Bones had in store for the hardcore Eureka fans. At first glance, it seemed promising.

However, as this series wore on, it became really confusing, really mundane, and by the time it was all over...unnecessary.

I guess the ending was fitting. The events of E7: Ao were erased as if it never even happened. With this ending, it's almost as if Bones told Eureka Seven fans "yeah, we sort of screwed up with this series so we're just going to pretend this never even happened in the Eureka Seven continuity. We cool?"

My answer would be...no. No, we're not "cool". Despite everything, the fact of the matter is this series still happened. This series was still written, directed, and produced. You had an entire staff to put together an amazing sequel series and failed...miserably.

I think the biggest problem with this series is the writers tried to tackle too much with time travel/dimensional travel. Instead of writing something innovative and interesting, they wrote something confusing as all hell and created a VERY unsatisfying conclusion. Ao could've died and he'd have had a better fate than the ones the writers gave him. When I first discovered the whole time travel/dimensional travel element, I thought this could be really interesting...turned out to be really, REALLY bad.

Another problem with the writing (as been pointed out by other posters) is it seemed like the writers were focusing much more on the plot elements and not enough on character development. Of course, it's a little unfair to compare this to Eureka Seven as far as character development is concerned because that had 50 episodes to develop character while this only had 24. HOWEVER, even for a 24 episode series, the character development was seriously lacking. I'm not upset that there wasn't a love story or anything like there was with the original series. However, all of the characters in this series seemed essentially pointless. The only characters that mattered outside of Ao were essentially Eureka, Renton, and Truth. Go figure that Eureka only shows up sporadically and most of that is in the latter half, Renton only shows up in the last two episodes, and Truth is developed as a "ultimate villain" type and then suddenly becomes an ultimate ally.

Here's a sad confession from my part. If you knew me, you know I HATE anime movies based off an original series. Whether they be sequels, shortened re-tellings, alternative re-tellings, prequels, and what have you, I just cannot stand them. They RARELY ever capture the same magic the original series pulled off. I sadly HOPE they make an alternative re-telling movie of this series. I am so dissatisfied with this series that a movie could only be an improvement over what this series tried.
Nov 20, 2012 8:32 AM

Jun 2008
I honestly just want a proper "epilogue" to most of the characters. I honestly don't care about Gazzele anthe Okinawa X Japan thing.

I only want to know what happened to most of the Triton crew, especially Fleur who got "dumped" by Ao, in the same sense of Feldt from the 00 Movie.

Needs a proper Epilogue.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Nov 20, 2012 9:17 AM
Jul 2018
Found on tumblr
Nov 20, 2012 9:34 AM
Nov 2012
I feel really, really sorry for Fleur. The little character development she received as "main heroine" wasted in less than 10 seconds.
Nov 20, 2012 9:39 AM
Nov 2012
I loved this series.......up until the last two episodes. There are two huge issues with the end of this series.
Nov 20, 2012 9:40 AM
Feb 2012

MASTER PIC DEFINITELY :D GREAT FIND LMAO
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - May 24, 2012

156 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 7:12 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 23 Discussion

Kefkiroth - Nov 19, 2012

20 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 4:38 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

bastek66 - Sep 27, 2012

217 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 4:14 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2012

108 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 3:47 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2012

96 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 12:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.