Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Say I Love You.
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Nov 24, 2012 6:51 PM

Aug 2010
After this episode I started to like Aiko a bit more and I'm starting to really dislike Megu. She is a annoying bitch.
Nov 25, 2012 7:02 AM

Apr 2010
Mei being aggressive that's certainly a surprise hope she tells Megu of.
I really didn't feel like watching this episode after the previous one however it was better then expected hope the next episode will continue with Mei being aggressive like that.
Nov 26, 2012 12:31 PM

Nov 2012

Anyways, I really liked this episode. The ending was sweet. :)
Nov 26, 2012 6:36 PM
Nov 2012
Gahhhh this episode! Poor Mei! When she started crying in the hallway, I'll admit I teared up some. Hopefully she'll start opening up to Yamato more! She's pushing him away because she doesn't know how to handle her feelings and stupid Megumi keeps getting in the way. Yamato going to her house and not telling Mei was so uncool though. The kiss at the end? SIGH. I liked that ;)
Nov 30, 2012 7:05 AM
Sep 2012
Aiko has started to grow on me. Megu on the other hand...
Dec 11, 2012 4:49 AM
Jul 2018
Yamato... He seems air headed at times. Of course Mei would be jealous ^_^''

And when Yamato fell on Mei, I was expecting them to keep staring at each other for a long time(just like in every shoujo anime). This is the first anime I've watched where they got up after a few seconds lol
Dec 16, 2012 4:02 PM

Nov 2012
i cried when she was in the schools hallway crying, thats normal for guys right?
Dec 17, 2012 7:24 AM

Jan 2011
Great episode, I'm glad I picked this up again.

shymel said:
Aiko has started to grow on me. Megu on the other hand...

I completely agree with that, Asami is also a great character so far.
loliowoDec 17, 2012 7:33 AM
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Dec 19, 2012 2:20 PM

Aug 2011
And after that amazing kiss at the end, this new character has to appear and interfere! I really wish Mei and Yamato will have a happy ending together in the end, after all this.
Dec 26, 2012 6:59 PM

Aug 2008
This is already painful to watch, what am I going to feel? I'm so weak when it comes to jealousy!

And I'm so going to punch Yamato. Fortunately, Mei is not the kind of weak girl that would annoy me!
Dec 28, 2012 5:44 PM

Nov 2009
My first tear watching shoujo. In my dark room.
Probably because I can relate to Mei in general.

xD
Dec 31, 2012 4:48 PM

Sep 2011
Eating dinner with another girl alone in her own place when you already have a girlfriend is just a really stupid idea in general. LOL
Jan 20, 2013 10:32 AM

Jan 2012
i didn't think he was doing anything wrong until he agreed to start eating with Megumi every night which is abit crappy of him, surely he can see that its bothering Mei, nobody is that oblivious to women.... but then again Mei should just come out and say what she needs to rather than sitting back and taking it, felt really sorry for her this episode thought..... the end kiss was pretty special, quite intense as well with the tie grabbing xD
Jan 20, 2013 11:59 PM

Jan 2011
So sad... ;_; x.x

Yamato should just have told Mei about going to another girl's house. If you have nothing to hide, why appear suspicious by hiding something?

Mei... although she is the "victim", I think she's partly to blame as well. She has been ridiculously passive in their relationship. Yamato is doing all the work. Sometimes I start to suspect that she doesn't actually like Yamato, and is just too shy/awkward/confused/flustered/etc to turn him down. But all my doubts were erased when Mei finally takes the initiative for once! You go girl! *thumbs up*
Jan 22, 2013 6:56 PM

Aug 2011
I'm kind of confused as to why Aiko is hanging out with them???
Jan 28, 2013 7:08 AM

Jul 2008
yamato pathetic! btw that kiss was awesome!
Feb 3, 2013 3:20 PM

Sep 2011
Seriously?
As I already said it in the previous episode, it's like Yamato just got a lot dumber. That was really stupid of him.
On the other hand I'm liking Asami more and more. She was really nice in the last minutes of the ep. Even Aiko was nice.
At least the kiss was also cute :)

But wait, what's this? Another challenger has appeared to probably try to ruin the relationship! Oh god not this again...

"It has no taste and can potentially kill you." Best line in the ep.
Mar 7, 2013 3:16 PM

Jul 2011
that kiss at the end i literally yelled YOU GO GIRL!!! lol but seriously cute scene i really love asami more and more i'm still not liking aiko and megu-chan well i think she's kinda fake i don't know?

and what's this? a wild boy appears? attack yamato!!!!!
Mar 14, 2013 4:19 PM

Mar 2013
This episode was beyond emotional!

I was confused, sad, angry, happy and everything at the same time when seeing this episode.

I can't wait to see the next episode!

The kiss was just insane, so that's probably the best scene in anime-history.
Mar 16, 2013 5:49 PM

Oct 2009
And so he just drifts further and further away...until she can't take it anymore.
But "DAT KISS"...that was a great scene!! =)
El Psy Congroo

まだまだだね!!!
Mar 18, 2013 3:45 PM

Jul 2012
I lol'ed when Asami slapped Aiko out of nowhere, then said "sorry Aiko!" like it's nothing.
Apr 23, 2013 4:35 AM
Jul 2018

Gosh. I really love the ending even in the manga. It was so wonderful.
Mei, show it to Yamato that YOU really like him!
Yipee. Kai will arrive in their school.
Aug 17, 2013 2:25 PM

Jul 2013
lots of mixed feelings while watching this episode. Felt sorry for Mei, too. I'm really happy that she has some good friends that se can rely on. :)
Nov 1, 2013 10:18 PM

Jul 2013
I'm glad that she do something and her friends help her and gave her courage.
"Anything is possible if you stop doubting yourself, so put some more faith unto you!"
Dec 7, 2013 5:39 PM

May 2012
It's nice that Mei has friends to care about her and to listen to her.

Aw, poor Megumi is all alone...yawn. Not interested. Lets move onto someone else, please.

The kiss was awesome. Actually, that was the very thing that turned me onto this anime, I'd seen that clip in a Youtube AMV and a few others and I just had to look this show up.

I'm very interested in the guy at the end, I first thought, 'So, what, Yamato has guys going after him now, too?! The universe just does not want to pair him with Mei!' But after giving in and reading a few spoilers I got the gist of what his appearance is really about, which seems interesting.
Jan 9, 2014 1:27 PM

May 2012
Mei sure has it hard but well girls tend to overthink things but that kiss in the end sure was lovely!
Mar 11, 2014 2:00 AM

Oct 2013
mei takes the initiative. good stuff
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Apr 25, 2014 4:10 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
I don't hate or dislike Megu since she's just asked Yamato to accompany her to eat. I think she is mature enough to know how Mei feels. Now Yamato should have known how he's been ignoring Mei. Yamato eating with Megu isn't the problem for me, no what is the problem is Yamato not realizing how he's pretty much left Mei alone.

Yamato could have told Megu that he wants to spend time with Mei as well. He could have told Mei what days he could work and what days they can spend together.

However, that could pose a problem still because Mei watched them at the photo-shoot and to her they seemed like a good couple. She didn't bother saying anything because she didn't want to trouble Megu or Yamato. After all Megu said the pay was high so opportunities like that don't come around often.

Moving on to Aiko, she was pretty nice this episode. Sure she grabbed Mei by the shirt but it was necessary to make her realize she needs to be more on the offensive with Yamato. He stated that "He gets what he wants when he wants it". If Aiko didn't tell Mei to open her eyes and go after Yamato most likely Mei would have broken down even more. I blame Yamato this episode for being a dense jerk.

May 28, 2014 11:35 AM
Mar 2014
AiCon said:
This episode really knew how to jerk around my feelings.

I felt so sad for Mei. She's so shy that she couldn't tell Yamato the truth in front of everyone and her friends were too enthralled with Megumi to even notice or do anything. She was even in denial about the whole thing while she was busy baking her cookies.

Yamato really is a douche in this episode. At first I thought that he's redeemed himself when he asked Mei if he should take the modeling job again but he later on made me so angry at him. How could he not notice how Mei was feeling so depressed and alone? It isn't like his friends who weren't going out with her. He should have noticed how distant and depressed she was with the way she looked and how she was avoiding him. And ahh! He even cheated on her. They may have not kissed yet but eating dinner at someone's house night after night without telling you loved one is cheating to me.

At least Mei opened up to her friends and decided to fight for Yamato.

Thank you for that, you hit it right on the money with Yamato. It is definitely cheating at this point even if he hasn't done anything physical with Megu. I mean what the fuck was he thinking going over to a girl's house, a girl who already confessed to him I might add, and not only think he's getting away with it but not think he's doing something wrong?

This episode is what I mean when I say that some guys are so nice they're cruel. That's exactly how Yamato is acting in this episode, cruel. Sure Mei could have told him not to model in her own words but she used her body language and even the sound of her voice, despite what she says, to tell him that she wasn't alright with it and he just up and ignored it. I mean after she said he could continue modelling he did a double take and you could see on his face that he realized something was wrong and he just decided to ignore it. The next few episodes are gonna be worse I'm sure of it.

He's such a idiot that if I were Mei I probably would have broken up with him already. Then again that's just me, and I know for sure that the kind of guy I need is someone who treats me good, but not necessarily everyone else. With my personality all I need is someone I know is caring and loving without having to go to Yamato's level with his silliness. Guys who are too nice can be, in my experience, worse than guys you know are bad. At least with people you know are assholes you know what to expect, but when a nice guy does something like this it hurts all the more because you weren't expecting it.

Okay rant over, good episode though it made me cry.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 8, 2014 4:47 PM

Oct 2009
Damn...that was a depressing ep to watch T_T But Asami and Aiko made it all better!

Good to see Mei's getting more assertive abt her feelings now! Tho the kiss was a bit uncalled for xD

Guy with the weird haircut before the ED...a new love rival?
Jul 15, 2014 2:08 AM

Jul 2013
MEI BEING A BOSS.
"Komugi, are you there?"

Aug 5, 2014 6:50 PM

Apr 2010
Oh god Mei! Poor baby! I'm so sad. Why's Yamato doing that? So heartless!
Sep 3, 2014 11:32 PM

Mar 2014
Debut went on sale !! .. it's surely expected that they want more of it .
Oh man ... mei .. what are you doing !? .. you're making it more difficult for yourself .
Its really being a cliche one after another ... we also need one for mei too !!
those two big-stars are really compatible to each other . but this is not there story ..
which is a pity to them being like a perfect couple for each other .
Megu-tan is really a nice person !! the personality is really likeable much .
Bad news incoming for mei !!
Finally , someone knock her senses . It's really irritating as damn .. good one aiko&asami !!
Friendship is really good ..~ they comfort in times of hardships but .. can be late to admit it .
The girl leads to kiss ~ !! though , not a good place for the kissing .
Pretty great episode !!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 26, 2014 7:36 AM

Jan 2014
That looked just as amazing as in the manga *.*
Dec 15, 2014 11:45 PM

Apr 2009
Boy, these past two episodes felt like a drag. I'm glad that Aiko was a voice of reason here and sparked Mei to finally do something. The lack of initiative from Mei's side was the most infuriating part to watch here.
Jan 8, 2015 12:48 PM

Aug 2013
Holy shit, jeez, these kids are tactless as fuck. I mean, damn, there's a limit. You can be blunt, but that much oblivious for your friends? When my friends aren't feeling well and that it's apparent, I listen to them goddamnit, and if they don't want to talk about it, I accept it and try to help them in other way. I don't wait until they break in tear right in front of me, damnit.

Anyway, rant off, Aiko doing the real talk. Stop being so passive, for fuck sake. But, it look like that overly dramatic arc helped her to makes some progress into expressing herself, which is a good thing. I would have just liked it a bit more if the story wasn't dragging on drama. I think I hated their behavior because it's kinda realistic to the teens behavior, that may be why it annoyed me so much x)
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Nov 29, 2015 4:05 PM

Feb 2013
And now the keeping-secrets-puts-strain-on-the-relationship episode.

Bold move, Mei.
Dec 25, 2015 8:20 AM

Sep 2015
Geez, chill out. There wasn't any moment where i felt Yamato was really going to cheat on her.
What a kiss to end the episode...do this more often and he'll be on your knees, Mei =D
Dec 30, 2015 9:36 PM

Dec 2012
One of the best episode I've seen so far. FEELS!

- barely alive -
Mar 7, 2016 9:37 AM

Jun 2010
Yes! Finally Mei showed Yamato that she loves him.
Has Mei's hair got shorter? It looks weird now.
I think it's weird that Yamato has been with that rival girl only in the photos
May 18, 2016 11:25 PM

Jun 2013
Megumi is the real btch. If I were Yamato, I wouldn't spend my time at another girl's house. It's too much already.

Aiko is the real MVP.

The ending though. Mei kissed him. She's now accepting her feelings.

Aug 1, 2016 12:28 AM

Feb 2015
xxXKittyXxx said:
This episode, made me cry T_T, PISSED me off >:( , made me laugh :D, and made me all fan girl inside xD lol.

Anyway, I absolutely hated Yamoto in this episode...he was such a DOUCHE!!! I can't believe he thinks it's fine to hang out at another girls house every night wile he has a girlfriend. It was fine before when he was a ladies man, but he has Mei now and he needs to understand how she would feel!!! Megumi also pissed me off, because she pretends to be this perfect sweet girl, although we all know she a total back stabbing, boyfriend steeling, lying bitch!!! Besides that, I felt so sad for Mei, everyone was making her feel so alone. I felt that even Asami was sort of insensitive until the end of the episode. She was so into Yamoto modeling that she didn't notice how her little comments might affect Mei, but she did become really loving and acted like a true friend(along with Aiko) toward the end of the episode when she was hugging may and apologizing to her about the hole thing that effected Mei.

WHAT THE HECK. MEI BROUGHT ALL THAT BS UPON HERSELF. she literally gives her boyfriend away to his modeling WHEN HE DIDN'T EVEN WANT TO DO IT IN THE FIRST PLACE and then gets sad at the results?

not saying that yamoto isn't a blubber-head, going INTO A GIRL'S HOUSE AT NIGHT and thinking nothing of it.

SaraSlurpsCoffee said:
MEI IS SO ANNOYING. I mean she's so lovely and she likes cats (which is a good quality in any person) but it pisses me off SO much when she just doesn't voice her thoughts. My heart was aching A LOT through most of that episode. It was just horrible. It's like, don't act like it's a hopeless situation if you could EASILY do something about it by GROWING A SPINE. Stand up for yourself, woman!

Rant = over.

pretty much this. two things i hate most in anime - tsunderes and people who can't freaking say their feelings.

Tyrel said:
Watch the series backwards.

Turns into, quote from Dark_Sage @ Crymore.net Review site, "If you watch Sukitte in reverse it’s about a girl with dependency issues who gains a personality and learns how to stand up for herself when she’s mistreated."

LOL
-------
no way. no no no no NO. WHAT the heck did i just watch? WHERE is the strong confident mei that happened a few eps back?

she gets the title of Biggest Buffoon of the Ep by letting him do a job HE DIDN'T EVEN WANT TO DO IN THE FIRST PLACE! and yamoto gets 2nd place by COMPLETELY ignoring her pathetic sad face whenever she sees him go and goes in a girl's house at night. how exactly can he be a major playboy in the past but NOT get a clue on meg?
let's also add to the fact (yes, FACT) that we STILL don't know why this boy likes this stupid, plain little girl who has no attraction (sexual or otherwise) about her.

woah woah woah woah wait. WHAT THE HECK IS THIS. is THIS your best defensive against rape mei? a mad blush and a lookaway? really?

but i do have to admit. this was a really cute pic, couple or not.

but then they had to RUIN it by making mei look at the watches. do you SERIOUSLY think he would keep his bracelet on at all times when he is a model and constantly changes clothes and accessories? do you even KNOW what modelling is?

pretty much summed up my feelings for the show.

i did not and do not feel bad for mei. not one bit. that idiot is so stupid i would even consider her lower than the MC of diabolik lovers. at least she protests and voices her thoughts and feelings, and she's in situations she can't escape even if she wanted to. that moron deserves what she gets. in that one modelling alone she was brought TO TEARS and STILL told him to go model (you have to remember what yamoto didn't even care about doing it). and as the show painfully predicated from basically ep 1 with the not so subtle badgering of him being model worthy, we all know it would come eventually.

and what the heck is mei kissing him, admitting her feelings to yamoto? just NOW? then what the heck are you in a freaking relationship for if you didn't even like him that much in the first place?

the guy in the last part, i have hope but around 1% of it. maybe he will add something to this horribly boring show. it can be ANYTHING. just PLEASE make this show a little more bearable!
Aug 22, 2016 9:21 AM

Aug 2015
Nah, I'm sorry for Megu, that she is so alone and has no one who will visit her. But I think Yamato should forestall Mei that he eats after job in Megu's house... Because gossips are creating and a girl is devastate...

By the way, I think that Aiko and... that girl with large breasts (sorry, I don't remember her name) are really good friends.

That scene was sooo kawaiiiiii!
Jan 9, 2017 5:32 AM

Aug 2016
Yamato what kind of dipsh*t are you?
You go home to eat curry with a girl, which you previously turned down, and take so long so write this half-assed text...?

Sorry I have no words how stupid one can get, of course she would be hurt. And at first you declined a job from a talent agency but when Megu's agency asks you of course are going further with modeling? -_- Even more frustrated than with the previous episode (not in a good sense)
Sep 10, 2017 9:56 AM

May 2013
Yamato's kindness is really stupid sometimes >__> you're gonna go to a pretty girl's apt just the two of y'all every single night after work and think your gf is gonna be okay with that? Even if you don't tell her, word gets around. People will ALWAYS find out. Dumbass -____-

And he's being played right into her little hands. Being all impressed with her spiel of "I cook by myself, I live by myself, in this tiny ass apartment so I can be independent even though I'm just in HS. Oh look how mature I am and wonderful. The apartment is small and cramped but the view is nice and there are other perks of it" You full of shit, bitch. Flaunting all your good points and acting like you're humble when all you're tryna do is impress someone else's bf to steal him away from her. Die.

And you, Mei. If something your bf does bothers you, TELL HIM. Even if you know you're being ridiculous and stupid and unnecessarily jealous. I get that you don't wanna be possessive and limit him when he has talent and is able to do many things, but YOU TELL HIM SO HE UNDERSTANDS. Good boyfriends will always want to make their girlfriends happy because she's his lover and he doesn't want to lose her. You're gonna learn that sometimes guys are just plain dumb and need you to spell it out for him. Communication is SOSOSO important and if you can't do something that simple, you should just stay single until you learn and grow before trying again.
Kokoro_KotashimaSep 10, 2017 10:00 AM
Dec 19, 2017 6:22 AM

Dec 2016
How stupid can Yamato be :( And Megumi is taking advantage of the situation. It's better if he just get out of there and think of Mei more. And that kiss at the end surprised me o.o You go girl! Show your boyfriend how you feel! <3

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Mar 9, 2018 8:35 AM

Sep 2011
Now this is really a surprising turn from Mei. I thought this will be another insufferable Mei episode but finally she's didn't go being half-assed anymore.

Although it's really hilarious when they're getting angry at Megumi but not getting bothered on Mei's half-assed actions and can't even set her priorities right(Instead of focusing your cookies, focus on your damn problem that you're having as cookies won't matter if you're broken).

Apr 18, 2019 5:55 AM

Aug 2017
Umm so Megu seems to dominate Mei across the board. Just change the MC and drop Mei completely. Megu cooks and seems totally reasonable and charming.

Curious to see what happens to her. Maybe she'll perish. Otherwise she trounces Mei.
Dec 9, 2020 4:41 PM
Apr 2018
Yamato behaves like a piece of shit ImO,
I realised that when he was asked if he wanted to comer over to HER house every time they worked and eat dinner together. I was 100% expecting that he friendly declines and says thats going too far. But he accepted with "sure". Thats when I asked:
ARE YOU RETARDED MY NIGGER??? ARE YOU SOME PIMP,LLOOKS LIKE SIMP TO ME
Dec 16, 2021 1:35 AM
Jan 2021
This is shit. Eating dinner together after work? So fckin insensitive. I feel bad for Mei, she's too good for Yamato, that guy didn't even think what his girlfriend would feel.

And don't tell me that that kiss at the end would settle everything?
aziyshiDec 16, 2021 1:40 AM
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sukitte Ii na yo. Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Dec 8, 2012

142 by Thochu »»
May 9, 7:45 PM

Poll: » Sukitte Ii na yo. Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

kingshu - Nov 30, 2012

115 by Thochu »»
May 9, 7:21 PM

Poll: » Sukitte Ii na yo. Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2012

245 by Thochu »»
May 8, 10:19 PM

Poll: » Sukitte Ii na yo. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ImNotLulexiaa - Sep 30, 2012

248 by Thochu »»
May 8, 9:48 PM

Poll: » Sukitte Ii na yo. Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2012

217 by Hashiriya_weeb87 »»
Apr 21, 10:32 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.