Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Say I Love You.
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 17, 2012 8:24 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Meg's scaryness is shown in this ep. with being friendly, showing off the pair in magazines and inviting Yamato to her house with her good cooking and overnight. Yamato is still trying to want to be with Mei. Her friends care about Mei. After the talk, she showed her love though her kiss.

Some guy who knows Yamato appearing next ep.
tsubasaloverNov 17, 2012 8:27 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 17, 2012 10:37 AM

Oct 2012
Well, Yamato was stupid, going in Megu's house every night after work and thinking that nobody will notice it. Well i hope he was only eating food in her house. The kiss in the ending was nice =).
Nov 17, 2012 10:42 AM
Sep 2012
This episode really knew how to jerk around my feelings.

I felt so sad for Mei. She's so shy that she couldn't tell Yamato the truth in front of everyone and her friends were too enthralled with Megumi to even notice or do anything. She was even in denial about the whole thing while she was busy baking her cookies.

Yamato really is a douche in this episode. At first I thought that he's redeemed himself when he asked Mei if he should take the modeling job again but he later on made me so angry at him. How could he not notice how Mei was feeling so depressed and alone? It isn't like his friends who weren't going out with her. He should have noticed how distant and depressed she was with the way she looked and how she was avoiding him. And ahh! He even cheated on her. They may have not kissed yet but eating dinner at someone's house night after night without telling you loved one is cheating to me.

At least Mei opened up to her friends and decided to fight for Yamato.
Nov 17, 2012 10:55 AM

Aug 2010
This ep was soo annoying! I don't hate Megu or anything but how it felt she's stealing Yamato was really irritating. And Yamato himself should know better than go to a girls house every night.
But it was all made up with DAT KISS!!!!

And is that a new rival at the end?!
Nov 17, 2012 11:01 AM

Sep 2012
the ending kiss was spectacular!

Barion-Zara said:
This ep was soo annoying! I don't hate Megu or anything but how it felt she's stealing Yamato was really irritating. And Yamato himself should know better than go to a girls house every night.

where i didnt see a rival?

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 17, 2012 11:02 AM

Nov 2011
Wow, Yamato is more famous now not that he isn't already tbh at school. And speaking of school, oh God, I found that scene at the rooftop was cute to watch. Dem cookies.

Speaking of food, Yamato gets invited to Megumi's house. Oh I know where this is going. But mm, that food...it makes me drool because it looks so freaking delicious. I know how to cook curry irl and it tastes good if done right.

Overall, I thought this was a hollow and sad episode for Mei.

I'm so glad she has some caring and understanding friends.

tsubasalover said:
Some guy who knows Yamato appearing next ep.

Nov 17, 2012 11:04 AM
Sep 2012
Barion-Zara said:
Yamato has no experience with dealing with girls and I doubt that he's really asked anyone about girls in general. All his life girls have been falling for him and so this might seem like no big deal to him. He really should know better but he's a teen who's still in high school and has never been in a serious relationship before.

That kiss did sort of bother me but it's not in Mei's nature to be so up front with her feelings - much less her anger and sorrow.
Barion-Zara said:
Good. May be he'll make Yamato realize how stupid he's been.
Nov 17, 2012 11:11 AM

Oct 2012
Finally she's accepting that she loves him and showing her emotions. The kiss at the end Loved it!!! and that new guy im curious about him and what's he's going to do in this series.
Nov 17, 2012 11:12 AM
Oct 2011
I really like how they show the emotions and feelings in this show, the kiss in the first episode and the kiss in this episode, in addition to the heartbeats when Mei heard he's going to Megu's house, spectacular.

Yamato going to that girl's house was a normal trait of his, being nice to girls, although I didn't like it that much.

A new rival?

lol @ Mei and the cat at the end.
Nov 17, 2012 11:23 AM

May 2011
In the manga i was on Yamato's side and just thought he's way too nice and just oblivious, but after watching this i got pretty annoyed with him and i really felt Mei's hurt in this episode, i really wanted to punch him in his throat...and Megu is the definition of a cunt.
<center></center>
Nov 17, 2012 11:45 AM

Aug 2009
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MY FAVORITE CHARACTER IS COMING NEXTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
Nov 17, 2012 11:45 AM

Aug 2011
This episode is so emotionally charged. I was so close to tears while watching it. MEI-CHAANNN FKSJDFKLSDJFLSKDJF D'': Looks like this whole matter will be resolved in the next episode. The next part will be so >//<

Kai has made his appearance~ I love that guy.
Nov 17, 2012 11:47 AM

Nov 2012
kwills88 said:
In the manga i was on Yamato's side and just thought he's way too nice and just oblivious, but after watching this i got pretty annoyed with him and i really felt Mei's hurt in this episode, i really wanted to punch him in his throat...and Megu is the definition of a cunt.

Thought the exact same thing.
Nov 17, 2012 11:58 AM

Nov 2012
This episode, made me cry T_T, PISSED me off >:( , made me laugh :D, and made me all fan girl inside xD lol.

Anyway, I absolutely hated Yamoto in this episode...he was such a DOUCHE!!! I can't believe he thinks it's fine to hang out at another girls house every night wile he has a girlfriend. It was fine before when he was a ladies man, but he has Mei now and he needs to understand how she would feel!!! Megumi also pissed me off, because she pretends to be this perfect sweet girl, although we all know she a total back stabbing, boyfriend steeling, lying bitch!!! Besides that, I felt so sad for Mei, everyone was making her feel so alone. I felt that even Asami was sort of insensitive until the end of the episode. She was so into Yamoto modeling that she didn't notice how her little comments might affect Mei, but she did become really loving and acted like a true friend(along with Aiko) toward the end of the episode when she was hugging may and apologizing to her about the hole thing that effected Mei. Yes, this episode did make me really upset, but it was good for Mei to have Megumi come in so she can make Mei realize how much she loves Yamoto. At the end I LOVED THE KISS!!! It was a perfect way to end the episode, and it showed that Mei isn't just some girl with no feelings...this really proves her love for Yamoto.

Edit: Please use spoiler tags.
KinetaNov 25, 2012 3:14 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 17, 2012 12:03 PM

Jun 2011
omg I cried on this episode towards the end! I loved the kiss ..definitely my favorite episode!!!
Duhuhu...
Nov 17, 2012 12:40 PM
Jun 2012
I thought Mei's gonna slap him in the end, but I was surprised >< I wonder who was this guy in the end ><
Nov 17, 2012 12:47 PM
Oct 2010
mei was so ftw this ep.

new guy looks liek a bigger douche than yamato
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Nov 17, 2012 12:47 PM

Oct 2010
Favorite episode so far, the emotions were so intense. And we finally get to see Kai next episode, can't wait.
Nov 17, 2012 12:50 PM

Jun 2009
FINALLY WE'LL SEE KAI, OMFG I'M EXCITED!

For some reason I always thought he had colored hair... orz
Nov 17, 2012 1:01 PM
Jan 2009
xxXKittyXxx said:

WOW! Thank you for that information! NO I don´t read the manga and with you around to tell the entire story I won't need to watch the anime either. So Thanks. Oh and if you didn't know, this here is where the anime episode is discussed. Just for your future knowledge.

With that being said, Mei bothers me a bit. She never says anything and Yamato is not a mindreader. He looked as troubled as she did.
KinetaNov 25, 2012 3:14 PM
Nov 17, 2012 1:02 PM
Aug 2012
awesome episode that was...........tachibana is so cuuuuuuuuuute:)
we'll get another main character next week........exciting ne?
Nov 17, 2012 1:03 PM

Aug 2011
I don't like Yamato at all. There are things you can't do in a relationship, and going to another chick's house at night for whatever reason is one of them.

I'm glad Aiko was there to straighten Mei out. Aiko's gotten some good character development (probably the only one outta all of them) and I quite like her.
Nov 17, 2012 1:06 PM

Jun 2008
Woah, the pace is really fast. Looks like Kai will appear soon. And hopefully, Aiko's talk with Yamato wasn't cut out~ x3

kottna said:
With that being said, Mei bothers me a bit. She never says anything and Yamato is not a mindreader. He looked as troubled as she did.

Yup, that bothered me, too.
Nov 17, 2012 1:08 PM

Sep 2007
Arg... I hated these last two eps...
I'm like THIS close to going "MEI! SLAP HIM! or.. KICK HIM! SOMETHING!"

Cuz at least that would be cause some twists/drama and not all this one sided "Mei is a useless victim" act that's annoying me..... though they sure know how to leave you hanging with that bold "kiss attack" she did at the end. (Why did he seem like he barely had a reaction though? <_< )

Is that new guy a rival for Mei? that would definitely save this spiral that the series seems to be falling into right now.
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Nov 17, 2012 1:20 PM

May 2011
Damn, that kiss was EPIC!!
Nov 17, 2012 1:24 PM

May 2011
Mei is like the only good character in this show
Nov 17, 2012 1:28 PM

Nov 2007
Payback kissu was amazing! OMG! I loved it so much. Watched it like over and over and over and over again and still loving it!

Overall, a really sad and at the same time cute episode. I cannot complain about this anime. It has been splendid in most of its episodes so far.

I wonder who the new guy is. Hopefully they won't just keep popping up out of nowhere to mess with Mei x Yamato >,<

I want a Mei for myself! <3 5/5
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Nov 17, 2012 1:43 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Mei: Before I new it, I was kissing him!
Marshmallow: It's till only lukewarm. If you don't tell him your feelings, he'll never know, meow.
Mei: What am I supposed to do now?
Marshmallow: Listen to your cat, meow!
Nov 17, 2012 1:46 PM

Apr 2010
What. Dat ending.
Nov 17, 2012 1:54 PM

May 2011
Think the main problem with both Yamato and Mei is that they're both passive aggresive and lack communication since they're so completely new to being in a relationship.

Yamato would notice there is something wrong with Mei and he'll ask what's wrong, and when Mei says nothing he'll dismiss it and not read between the lines..they lack that help me, help you aspect of a relationship.

Still, it should be common sense to a guy to know that it's completely stupid to go to a girl's homer, alone, when you got a girlfriend...especially a girl who first tried to hit on you to begin with.
<center></center>
Nov 17, 2012 1:56 PM

Sep 2011
Aiko is annoying
Come visit my town // I apologize in advance for my second-rate English

Join my fan club // Improve the transport network
Nov 17, 2012 2:00 PM
Nov 2012
To everyone talking about the rival at the end. It's Kai. <3 Shit getting real now!
Oi, Haru desu.
Nov 17, 2012 2:15 PM

Nov 2010
Mei sure is aggressive despite her appearance. O///O
..and omg at Yamato.. I can't believe he never tell those things to his girlfriend. What a let down on his part.
HollowDollNov 23, 2012 11:30 AM
Nov 17, 2012 2:26 PM

Mar 2012
for Kai to have that hair color
I'd never imagine that
that color looks crappy
Nov 17, 2012 2:27 PM

Dec 2009
Great kiss.

Getting tired of every two episodes introducing a new character to get in the way (assuming this new guy gets in the way as well).
Ara ara.
Nov 17, 2012 2:54 PM

Aug 2012
Good episode overall but Yamato fails as a boyfriend. How can he go to a girl's house, a girl who told him right after she met him that she fell in love with him at first sight and want(s)ed to be his girlfriend on top of that, without even telling Mei? More importantly, why did he even go at all? I keep running the scenario in my head over and over but I still don't understand why as I would never do something like that if I had a girlfriend or someone I liked. Oh well.

Asami finally redeemed herself in my eyes, now I know she actually did care and did notice that Mei was acting strangely. I think Aiko was a bit too harsh at first though, she knows all too well what it's like in a situation like that but it's a first for Mei.

Dat kiss made the episode for me. I think the kiss said a lot more than if she had scolded him, slapped him or whatever...but maybe it's just me.

I haven't read the manga but this "Kai" guy at the end of the episode has love rival written all over himself. Yamato better get his game together.
Nov 17, 2012 3:00 PM

Feb 2011
My heart was pumping so hard at the end when she kissed Yamato . Lovely <3
Nov 17, 2012 3:13 PM
Sep 2012
FInally Mei showed her true feelings. That ending, brilliant.
That face Aiko made when she was slapped, LOL.
Nov 17, 2012 3:26 PM
Jan 2011
i felt like doing a german suplex on Yamato for acting like a douchebag in this episode. lets hope Kai does something to piss off Yamato and take his girl away from him.
Nov 17, 2012 4:05 PM

Nov 2011
clubparadisee said:
the ending kiss was spectacular!

Barion-Zara said:

where i didnt see a rival?

I guess you dont watch what happens after the end credits

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Nov 17, 2012 4:40 PM

Sep 2009
kottna said:
Exactly what I wanted to start my post with. He is bound to be oblivious and he won't change his character or acts until unless someone points out that he is wrong or acting inappropriate.

And that kiss *gasp*; pulling a guy by his collar has always been sexy. It makes me want to read the manga now.

Could anyone tell me at which chapter this episode was based on? And I apologize if this been asked before in the forums but does the anime follow the manga religiously? Because I would read it from the chapter the anime stops but do want to make sure to not miss anything.
ValentilnNov 18, 2012 5:01 PM
Nov 17, 2012 5:18 PM

Jun 2008
I want more T w T
Who is that guy?
Will Mei tell her Yamato about her feelings?
I WANT TO KNOW
Nov 17, 2012 5:31 PM

Jun 2012
Megumi trying to act all innocent.. why oh why can't Yamato see what he's doing le sigh :P

What Asami was saying about girls being insecure is true, I've heard some of the oddest things of girls being insecure about and they were girls who have a lot of good qualities( looks, personality etc) so I can only imagine that what Mei going through is amplified to the extreme. I liked that Asami told Mei that she knew something was wrong... you could see the subtle facial expressions throughout the episode. This whole thing probably gets resolved next week.

Wonder who that guy was at the end? Old friend perhaps?
Nov 17, 2012 5:43 PM

Jul 2009
Well, Yamato could've at least told Mei what he was doing- then perhaps they could all eat together, no?
Nov 17, 2012 5:58 PM
Jun 2008
so mei still bit hmm cause of yamato & megumi on magazine pics then til megumi tell her management want more of yamato on pics shooting.

indeed mei still getting more bit sad give at yamato sneak in alone lunch time with mei & after pic shooting megumi take yamato to her home with dinner.

more pics shooting mei looking more sad til asami & aiko check on mei & talk about it with mei got back up grab yamato's tie for the kiss.

& now a guy that know yamato is coming in.
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Nov 17, 2012 6:01 PM
Nov 2012
Primdoos said:
I want to watch, but I can't find a site where I can watch :c

lovemyanime.net
Fruits Basket, Ouran High School Host Club, Kaichou Wa Maid Sama, Kimi Ni Todoke, and Sukite Ii Na Yo!!!! <3
Nov 17, 2012 6:21 PM

Jun 2008
I was laughing more at how Aiko got slapped than felt sad that Mei was crying.
Nov 17, 2012 6:26 PM

Jan 2011
Valentiln said:
kottna said:
Exactly what I wanted to start my post with. He is bound to be oblivious and he won't change his character or acts until unless someone points out that is wrong or acting inappropriate.

And that kiss *gasp*; pulling a guy by his collar has always been sexy. It makes me want to read the manga now.

Could anyone tell me at which chapter this episode was based on? And I apologize if this been asked before in the forums but does the anime follow the manga religiously? Because I would read it from the chapter the anime stops but do want to make sure to not miss anything.

It follows it fairly closely, but they've left some character development out (I think Aiko and her boyfriend have been the most shortchanged in this regard). If I were you I'd read it from the start until you catch up. It actually helps to see just what Mei and Yamato's full characters are as you would be a little less likely to characterize them negatively if you got a few more of their thoughts.

As to this episode--strokes to Aiko for shaking Mei out of her lethargy. A-chan is actually my favourite supporting character in the manga and provides a bit of a harder edge to the cast.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Nov 17, 2012 6:43 PM

Jan 2009
YESSSSS, get it Mei!
IG: @ChrisCrossCrash
"There isn't a single guy who doesn't want to spoil his girl."
--Amagami SS
Nov 17, 2012 7:52 PM

Feb 2012
Guys, chill. There's drama but its ultimately supposedly to be a shoujo type anime, meaning it usually ends with a good note.

Speaking of which, I'm falling in love with the genre. I had my first time with Kimi no Todoke but this shoujo anime adsorbs me even more.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sukitte Ii na yo. Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2012

215 by mo_lave »»
Mar 2, 10:10 PM

Poll: » Sukitte Ii na yo. Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 27, 2012

127 by Peixefaca »»
Feb 15, 9:25 AM

Poll: » Sukitte Ii na yo. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

bippo - Dec 22, 2012

96 by belldandy2012 »»
Feb 14, 1:40 PM

» Season 2

kisaragi_eki - Feb 7

7 by requiemofred_ »»
Feb 7, 11:49 AM

Poll: » Sukitte Ii na yo. Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 20, 2012

162 by NotBonBon »»
Oct 31, 2023 8:27 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.