Forum Settings
Forums

Worldwide Release of Madoka Magica Movie Announced

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Sep 13, 2012 2:28 PM
Sep 2011
Yvese said:
Isn't this just a recap?

A recap of a show that just aired last year. But it was so amazing the world needs to see it again in theaters, and we need manga, lots of manga, spinoffs, adaptations, and an entire cafe dedicated to it, it's own specialized magazine, and a PSP game and an online game and figmas of the entire cast, and hugging pillows drawn by Ume-sama herself, and a swimming pool with the characters pictures on the bottoms.
Sep 13, 2012 2:31 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh niceeeeeeeeeeeee!!! Jumped for Joy when i saw worldwide release, in US ANDDDDD HONG KONG too YESSSSSS!. I live in both places. This means I can watch and buy wherever I go!!! <333
張大です for 張大勇督察
Sep 13, 2012 2:33 PM
Nov 2011
Ovindel said:
Onyxthegreat said:
+ Every other country not included in the premiere. Done.

This.
But fuck, San Marino of all countries? Have they actually measured the amount of anime fans there? (and yes I'm counting the surrounding population in Italy as well, which I doubt has much anime fans. is there someone who wants to prove me otherwise?)

And lol @ that pic of the cast with the Statue of Liberty.

In Italy Anime is pretty huge if I had to guess. They have the record airing the most Anime outside of Japan, and get alot of stuff before anyone else. Also they had Madoka airing on TV just a year after Japan.
Sep 13, 2012 2:34 PM

Feb 2012
Why couldn't this air in Austin instead? It's airing in Houston in the same theater i go to see all my other movies here. It would be a great excuse to go back there. Their food is AMAZING.

Dammit.
Sep 13, 2012 2:44 PM

Jul 2011
Vyudali said:
Why couldn't this air in Austin instead? It's airing in Houston in the same theater i go to see all my other movies here. It would be a great excuse to go back there. Their food is AMAZING.

Dammit.

I could get there in 15 min in Houston, but I don't really like madoka so eh w/e
Sep 13, 2012 2:52 PM

Feb 2012
RLinksoul said:
Yvese said:
Isn't this just a recap?

A recap of a show that just aired last year. But it was so amazing the world needs to see it again in theaters, and we need manga, lots of manga, spinoffs, adaptations, and an entire cafe dedicated to it, it's own specialized magazine, and a PSP game and an online game and figmas of the entire cast, and hugging pillows drawn by Ume-sama herself, and a swimming pool with the characters pictures on the bottoms.
Lol.

I can understand being a fan of the show, but everyone jumping for joy over a recap really makes my head spin.

Call me when the 3rd movie airs :P
Sep 13, 2012 2:56 PM

Jul 2012
Yvese said:
RLinksoul said:
Yvese said:
Isn't this just a recap?

Lol.

I can understand being a fan of the show, but everyone jumping for joy over a recap really makes my headspin.

It's more Madoka, that's why.
Sep 13, 2012 3:12 PM

Jul 2011
I should make some time to start watching this series soon....

Sep 13, 2012 3:13 PM

Jun 2008
Yvese said:
RLinksoul said:
Yvese said:
Isn't this just a recap?

Lol.

I can understand being a fan of the show, but everyone jumping for joy over a recap really makes my head spin.

From what I understand, it's more of a re-imagining than a recap. For some those are basically the same, but it's good enough for me. It's not even about just seeing the movies, but seeing them in a movie theater.

And for those who aren't aware, these are all double features. Buying a ticket gets you into both movies.
Sep 13, 2012 3:13 PM

Jun 2009
I am in New York so can't wait.
Sep 13, 2012 3:16 PM

Jul 2011
Italy YEAH :D
Sep 13, 2012 3:19 PM

Mar 2012
The trailer makes the series look really boring.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Sep 13, 2012 3:20 PM

Jun 2008
Post-Josh said:

That's how it's supposed to be and always has been.
Sep 13, 2012 3:22 PM

Mar 2012
Redfoxoffire said:
Post-Josh said:

I think this is sarcasm, but I'm honestly not positive, lol.
LoneWolf said:
Sep 13, 2012 3:27 PM

Jan 2008
Post-Josh said:
Redfoxoffire said:
Post-Josh said:

I think this is sarcasm, but I'm honestly not positive, lol.

Nope, that's not sarcasm.

The series was always advertised as being a generic and cutesy show. That's what caused it to have such an immediate impact once everything went to shit.

Of course, the information about Gen Urobuchi being the scriptwriter caused a lot of people to consider the possibility of it being not quite as happy and fluffy as the trailer makes it out to be.
Sep 13, 2012 3:38 PM

Mar 2012
Seasonreaper said:
The series was always advertised as being a generic and cutesy show. That's what caused it to have such an immediate impact once everything went to shit.

Of course, the information about Gen Urobuchi being the scriptwriter caused a lot of people to consider the possibility of it being not quite as happy and fluffy as the trailer makes it out to be.

It is generic and cutesy? Also, not sure why anyone would want to lose money. I didn't mind the show, but this trailer is awful.
LoneWolf said:
Sep 13, 2012 3:40 PM

Sep 2011
expect massive sales lol
Sep 13, 2012 3:41 PM

Jul 2011
Dude. Why only America? Why not Canada or the UK? D:
Sep 13, 2012 3:49 PM

Aug 2010
Kinda cool that it'll be airing in other countries, but I probably wont see it unless it's in San Fransisco and even if it does I still probably wont end up seeing it.

Also no offense but I've never heard of San Marino so I wonder why they chose to have it air there?
Sep 13, 2012 3:58 PM
Oct 2011
some people should update the news already

Aniplex of America announced on Thursday that it is collaborating with Eleven Arts to screen the first two Puella Magi Madoka Magica films in five cities in the United States:

Los Angeles' Downtown Independent (October 19-25)
New York's Big Cinema Manhattan (October 20)
Chicago's Music Box (October 20)
Houston's Alamo Drafthouse (October 20)
San Francisco's New People (October 20)
Sep 13, 2012 3:59 PM

Aug 2011
itsvero said:
HomuraIsMyWaifu said:
Living in Canada is suffering.

I understand your pain, fellow Canadian citizen. =.='''''
Sep 13, 2012 4:03 PM

Oct 2009
Lately said:
Vyudali said:

Dammit.

I could get there in 15 min in Houston, but I don't really like madoka so eh w/e

Same here
I have poorly English grammar, so for give me. I still learning.
-....Loading.....
Sep 13, 2012 4:09 PM
Oct 2011
PointmanW said:
some people should update the news already

Aniplex of America announced on Thursday that it is collaborating with Eleven Arts to screen the first two Puella Magi Madoka Magica films in five cities in the United States:

Los Angeles' Downtown Independent (October 19-25)
New York's Big Cinema Manhattan (October 20)
Chicago's Music Box (October 20)
Houston's Alamo Drafthouse (October 20)
San Francisco's New People (October 20)

quote in case anyone miss this
Sep 13, 2012 4:35 PM

Jul 2012
Post-Josh said:
Seasonreaper said:

It is generic and cutesy? Also, not sure why anyone would want to lose money. I didn't mind the show, but this trailer is awful.

Eh, correction: the series is advertised to follow the typical mahou shoujo formula that most people see as "young girl meets fluffy creature, contracts, fights evil for friendship and justice for all every week" and what not deal.

I agree though that the trailer is awful, and I'd much rather they advertise the series as a dark mahou shoujo to draw viewers into seeing it rather then putting them off with such a misleading trailer. The show can easily stand on its own without trying so hard to disguise itself as another typical magical girl show.
Sep 13, 2012 4:52 PM

Mar 2012
I think it's still pretty generic and cutesy though. Just a slightly different take than normal, perhaps (It's the only magical girl I've watched other than Sailor Moon).
LoneWolf said:
Sep 13, 2012 4:53 PM

Oct 2010
wait. does that mean it's gonna be shown in theaters in the US?
Sep 13, 2012 4:55 PM

Mar 2010
xjakku said:
Well, not surprised in the slightest it won't air here! (Sweden)

I know how you feel, dude, and I share your pain.
Sep 13, 2012 4:58 PM

Mar 2009
HomuraIsMyWaifu said:
GodComplexed said:

American Cities are: Houston, San Fransisco, NY, Chicago, LA....

With exclusive merchandise in L.A. ;_; I'm jealous.

Not surprised. Aniplex of America is based in L.A. so of course they're going to get extra stuff.
Sep 13, 2012 5:21 PM

Jul 2012
Post-Josh said:
I think it's still pretty generic and cutesy though. Just a slightly different take than normal, perhaps (It's the only magical girl I've watched other than Sailor Moon).

Eh, opinions.
Sep 13, 2012 5:21 PM

Aug 2008
HomuraIsMyWaifu said:
Living in Canada is suffering.

but not as if I'm going to theater to watch a remake anyway...
Sep 13, 2012 5:29 PM
Oct 2010
houston. FUCK YEAH
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Sep 13, 2012 5:37 PM
Oct 2011
ihateeveryone said:
HatenaZubon said:
ihateeveryone said:
Redfoxoffire said:
I never thought I'd feel like the only American in a thread on this site.

I know that feeling now.

IN OTHER NEWS, FUCKING YES. JUST PREMIERE IN CLEVELAND AND TAKE MY MONEY

Haha good luck. I live in an even bigger city [Chicago] and we never get anything. It's going to either be L.A., San Fran, NYC, or Boston. I guarantee it.

On the other hand I might just have enough miles built up to take a trip and visit friends in any of those 4 cities, so COME AT ME QB.

I live right by NYC, so if I beg my parents and do some work perhaps they could take me. I also live right by Chicago and have family who live there so by the off chance that it does premiere there I have an excuse to go.

Also, if it's coming out in America are they going to have subtitles or have it dubbed or just in plain Japanese?

Hoooold up. How can you live right by NYC and right by Chicago at the same time? That's uh kinda weird.

Post-Josh said:

Seriously?
Have you tried watching Magical Lyrical Girl Nanoha? Best series ever. I've watched it about 3 times, all 3 seasons :D
It's got badass fighting and an awesome storyline :)
lanceypercySep 13, 2012 5:45 PM
<!--link--><a href="http://myanimelist.net/animelist/darkdoll25&sclick=1">
Sep 13, 2012 5:55 PM

Jun 2008
Post-Josh said:

Only aesthetically. There's a reason episode 3 was such a turning point for so many.
Sep 13, 2012 6:12 PM

Jul 2012
darkdoll25 said:
ihateeveryone said:
HatenaZubon said:
ihateeveryone said:
Redfoxoffire said:
I never thought I'd feel like the only American in a thread on this site.

I know that feeling now.

IN OTHER NEWS, FUCKING YES. JUST PREMIERE IN CLEVELAND AND TAKE MY MONEY

Haha good luck. I live in an even bigger city [Chicago] and we never get anything. It's going to either be L.A., San Fran, NYC, or Boston. I guarantee it.

On the other hand I might just have enough miles built up to take a trip and visit friends in any of those 4 cities, so COME AT ME QB.

I live right by NYC, so if I beg my parents and do some work perhaps they could take me. I also live right by Chicago and have family who live there so by the off chance that it does premiere there I have an excuse to go.

Also, if it's coming out in America are they going to have subtitles or have it dubbed or just in plain Japanese?

Hoooold up. How can you live right by NYC and right by Chicago at the same time? That's uh kinda weird.

Post-Josh said:

Seriously?
Have you tried watching Magical Lyrical Girl Nanoha? Best series ever. I've watched it about 3 times, all 3 seasons :D
It's got badass fighting and an awesome storyline :)

By right by I mean state wise. I live in Ohio.
Sep 13, 2012 6:15 PM

Jun 2010
Can't wait to see it online lol. Hope it will be as great as the anime.
Sep 13, 2012 6:43 PM

Nov 2011
There's going to be a showing in Chicago?! I'm freaking out right now!!! I'm going to see if I can convince my non-otaku friends to watch it me; I hope they'll love anime like me after<3

And I hope there's at least subs...
Sep 13, 2012 7:33 PM
Mar 2009
Wow, that's craaaaazy.

Time to mindfuck the world.
Sep 13, 2012 7:37 PM

Jan 2010
no Malaysia, as expected.
oh well, still can go to Singapore
Sep 13, 2012 7:58 PM

Aug 2011
Interesting. I will go and watch. As long as it's still airing after olevel is over.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Sep 13, 2012 8:15 PM
Jul 2012
1 Benefit of living in Singapore! This will be the first anime movie to be screened here, if I'm not mistaken.
Sep 13, 2012 8:21 PM

Nov 2010
Icer48 said:
1 Benefit of living in Singapore! This will be the first anime movie to be screened here, if I'm not mistaken.

Are you serious? This is your neighbor (Indonesian lol), and I guess I've seen EVA 2.0 (and Doraemon Movies) in theater :p

Isn't Singapore should be more advanced in this kind of thing?
Sep 13, 2012 8:26 PM

Feb 2011
San Marino?! Seriously?

The question is "How do they manage to get this?"
"To some, online is more important than seeing friends, eating and even breathing."

<!--link--><a href="http://myanimelist.net/animelist/kuruta_tribe&sclick=1">

Sep 13, 2012 8:42 PM
Oct 2010
NZ is the worst just so u know >.< Its the furthest country in the world >.<
Sep 13, 2012 9:30 PM

Nov 2009
Looks like I'm taking a train down to NYC soon then. (It will show in NYC no matter what everything does...)
Sep 13, 2012 10:55 PM

Jan 2012
Not a big fan of puella magi but glad to see animes being screened here in Singapore :)
Sep 13, 2012 11:21 PM

Nov 2009
I love life.
Sep 14, 2012 12:16 AM

Mar 2012
I knew there was a reason why I was born in New York!

Also:
TravSavageSep 14, 2012 12:23 AM
Sep 14, 2012 3:00 AM

May 2011
Aww, no Australia?
Sep 14, 2012 3:12 AM

Mar 2012
Lolicons everywhere. . ..
Sep 14, 2012 3:31 AM

Sep 2012
CordellXXX said:
Lolicons everywhere. . ..

Perhaps, though Madoka is not considered a loli anime.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» 'Fumetsu no Anata e' Gets Third Anime Season

Vindstot - Mar 12, 2023

20 by Klazzama »»
4 minutes ago

» 'Mononoke: Karakasa' Reveals Supporting Cast, Theme Song, Trailer

DatRandomDude - 2 hours ago

0 by DatRandomDude »»
2 hours ago

» New '5-toubun no Hanayome' Anime in Production

Vindstot - Apr 28

38 by Playcool »»
3 hours ago

» 'Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi' Gets Second Season in Fall 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

15 by malvarez1 »»
4 hours ago

» New 'Keroro Gunsou' Anime Project Announced

DatRandomDude - Mar 31

12 by Foirelle »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.