Forum Settings
Forums

What do you think the next big three anime are?

New
Aug 30, 2012 6:40 AM

Sep 2011
Like Naruto, One Piece, and Bleach are the big three right now, what do you think will be the next generation

i think it will be Fairy Tail, Toriko, and I think One Piece will stay
Follow me on twitter @jaywhy620 if you like wrestling (WWE, TNA, ROH) also I talk about anime occasionally and Follow me on Vine @ Awesome Wrestling
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 30, 2012 6:44 AM

Dec 2011
Naruto, One Piece and Bleach are/were the big three of WSJ manga. Not of anime.

And who says there has to be a "big 3" anyway?
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Aug 30, 2012 6:57 AM

Mar 2012
kuuderes_shadow said:
Naruto, One Piece and Bleach are/were the big three of WSJ manga. Not of anime.

And who says there has to be a "big 3" anyway?

Well the three best known shounen manga you could say
Aug 30, 2012 7:17 AM

Aug 2011
K-ON!, K-ON!! and K-ON! The Movie.
Aug 30, 2012 8:13 AM

Nov 2011
I believe those are big 3 of shonen jump weekly, not of anime.

OT :
Yuru yuri, Saki and strike witches. In my dreams that is.
rederoinJul 21, 2013 12:55 PM

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Aug 30, 2012 8:17 AM

Aug 2011
rederoin said:

OT :
Yuru yuri, Kodomo no jikan and strike witches. In my dreams that is, although in my dreams its a "big 4" and it includes Gunslinger girl(polar opposite of yuru yuri and strike witches, but whatever)

Kodomo no Jikan needs another season first.
Aug 30, 2012 8:19 AM

Nov 2011
mitch3315 said:
rederoin said:

OT :
Yuru yuri, Kodomo no jikan and strike witches. In my dreams that is, although in my dreams its a "big 4" and it includes Gunslinger girl(polar opposite of yuru yuri and strike witches, but whatever)

Kodomo no Jikan needs another season first.

So does gunslinger girl(last season was in 2008).

But I can always dream.... right? ;_;

Aug 30, 2012 8:52 AM

May 2010
rederoin said:

dreaming too

of seeing Petrushka animated.
Aug 30, 2012 8:58 AM

Nov 2011
petalshreds said:
rederoin said:

dreaming too

of seeing Petrushka animated.

And volume 9, 13, 14 and 15.

Aug 30, 2012 9:11 AM
Jun 2012
fairy tail
Aug 30, 2012 9:24 AM

Dec 2011
One Piece still has like 10 years to go before it's actually finished so yeah...

Anyways I'd fuckin' love to see Jojo's Bizarre Adventure animated in full. That series looks a whole lot more fun than lame Naruto and Bleach and it seems to go on forever.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 30, 2012 10:27 AM
Mar 2012
LayedBack said:
One Piece still has like 10 years to go before it's actually finished so yeah...

Anyways I'd fuckin' love to see Jojo's Bizarre Adventure animated in full. That series looks a whole lot more fun than lame Naruto and Bleach and it seems to go on forever.

Cue the flame war...

Anyway One Piece won't stop for another decade and FT will be considered an important anime after Bleach ends, but the "big three" only is a name and has no other significance.
Aug 30, 2012 12:02 PM

Mar 2011
Fairy Tail and Toriko will take the place of Naruto and Bleach, One Piece stays.
Aug 30, 2012 12:09 PM
Jul 2018
Sazae-san
Aug 30, 2012 12:33 PM

Dec 2011
Karpman said:
Cue the flame war...

Anyway One Piece won't stop for another decade and FT will be considered an important anime after Bleach ends, but the "big three" only is a name and has no other significance.

Yeah the name itself doesn't have much signifance however I think the OP is just wondering what we think the next insanely popular long running shonen will be.

And your right Fairy Tail pretty much already has secured a spot. Though personally I'm not even sure why I watched so much of that damn anime, perhaps I'm just bored but FT is the least creative and entertaining long running shonen I've ever seen. The first 2-3 arcs were okay but once the novelty ran out I noticed instead of harnessing that pretty nice amount of potential the writer simply elected to use the same beaten up tired old formula again and again and again and again.

Hell the one person who was supposed to have died in the FT guild was even brought back to life. What the fuck is up with that?! Didn't have enough useless characters at your exposal?!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 30, 2012 2:17 PM

Oct 2011
Big 3 is a WSJ title, for anime, you can look up the ratings, Sazai san, Maruko and some other anime are the top 3.

But for me, I'm currently only interested in Hunter x Hunter, Hopefully Magi and Jojo's Bizarre adventure will complete my big 3?
Aug 30, 2012 2:24 PM

Mar 2011
Beelzebub / KHR
Fairy Tail
One Piece
[Input amazing signature]
Jelly?
Aug 30, 2012 2:33 PM

Sep 2011
by the time bleach ends one piece will be close to the end, if it took 11 years to get to the half way point then in the 10 years it will take for bleaches final arc to end it will be almost over, Fairy tail will replace naruto but form what i hear fairy tail is coming close to its final arc.

I mean i can dream that one piece gintama and toriko will be the big 3 but that aint happening

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Aug 30, 2012 6:12 PM

Jul 2007
I doubt we have even seen what the new Big 3 will be. Maybe Toriko. Maybe.
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Aug 30, 2012 6:15 PM

Mar 2011
Tite Kubo should make another series.
What do you think you're piloting? Great Mazinger? Dangaioh? For Pete's sake, this isn't some robot cartoon whose main character is an autistic kid or some punk. - Kiichi Goto, Mobile Police Patlabor
Aug 30, 2012 6:44 PM

Jul 2012
mitch3315 said:
K-ON!, K-ON!! and K-ON! The Movie.

Beautiful.
Aug 30, 2012 6:51 PM

Jan 2012
1. School Days
2. School Days Second Season
3. School Days the Movie
---
Aug 30, 2012 7:43 PM

Aug 2011
I doubt they'll be anything different than what's already there, or something everyone already knows about. Just because they're not in, "The Big 3," doesn't mean they're not watched. In the end it's all the same stuff.

Aug 30, 2012 7:48 PM

Oct 2011
Is there even a big 3 of anime now?The only anime I can think of being the current Big 3 of anime is:Haruhi Suzumiya,Lucky Star & K-on!
I don't even know what the next big 3 of anime could be.

BUT....
I know what my Big 3 of anime is.And that's all I need to know.
My Devianart

Oh & Space Brothers is still the best anime ever,in my opinion.Even when competing with Attack on Titan.
Aug 30, 2012 7:55 PM

Aug 2011
NK_500 said:
1. School Days
3. School Days the Movie

School Days
Summer Days (everyone will love Makoto so much when he gets with Kotonoha's imouto)
Then either Shiny Days or Cross Days
Aug 30, 2012 9:15 PM

Mar 2009
Fairy Tail, maybe Gintama and.. something.
Aug 30, 2012 9:43 PM

Feb 2010
I actually don't know enough about how things suddenly become popular to tell you. Trying to predict the reception of anything that isn't a sequel or some sort is pointless tbh.
Aug 30, 2012 11:39 PM
Feb 2012
i wish it could be hunter x hunter 2011, sket dance, bakuman so there'd be some variety in the genres. If all three have to be shonen focused on action, then I don't care what the next big three are.
Aug 31, 2012 2:02 AM

Aug 2012
In terms of popularity only anime show that comes to mind that could have been one of the big 3 is Toaru Majutsu No Index. Only problem is that there isn't enough material to push it out like Naruto, Bleach and OP and it's not even a manga to begin with.
Aug 31, 2012 2:26 AM

Aug 2012
lol it doesn't matter what "big 3" rly means, we all got what the user was trying to ask us.

And yeah, I would put my money on FT and OP staying definitely. As to the third, haven't watched/read enough, but Toriko does seem like a nice shot.

Although these 3 could actually be considered the big three of the transition phase (if the old generation is Bleach Naruto and OP), so the new generation big 3 might be completely different.

Then again, who cares.
This world is mine. I think this world may even just be a long, long dream I'm watching. You guys may just be illusions, and it can't be proven whether or not you really exist either. In other words, this world was created with me at the center. So what will happen if I die? I don't know. My imagination isn't very creative; I just can't imagine myself dying. In other words, there is no way this world can completely disappear. But if I die, then everyone will disappear. I am the only one in this world who won't disappear. The rest are just people I see as if in a dream.

-Claire Stanfield, Baccano!
Aug 31, 2012 2:37 AM

Feb 2012
TWGOK!!!!
Aug 31, 2012 2:50 AM

Mar 2012
One Piece is not ending soon. As for the other two, Fairy Tail & Gintama are pretty popular.
Aug 31, 2012 3:10 AM

Aug 2009
Otoko-juku,
School Days
E.Y.E.S of Mars

what they're all shonen >_>

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Aug 31, 2012 5:42 AM

Jan 2012
mitch3315 said:
NK_500 said:
1. School Days
3. School Days the Movie

School Days
Summer Days (everyone will love Makoto so much when he gets with Kotonoha's imouto)
Then either Shiny Days or Cross Days

My first post was obviously a joke but I'm really surprised how big School Days universe is. Thanks for letting me know about it and I'm not being sarcastic.

For serious one, based on popularity alone:

1. Toriko
2. Katekyou Hitman Reborn
3. Fairy Tail

Since all of them are from Jump and I think it is much easier to market than any non-Jump mangas.
---
Aug 31, 2012 6:51 AM
Mar 2012
NK_500 said:

My first post was obviously a joke but I'm really surprised how big School Days universe is. Thanks for letting me know about it and I'm not being sarcastic.

For serious one, based on popularity alone:

1. Toriko
2. Katekyou Hitman Reborn
3. Fairy Tail

Since all of them are from Jump and I think it is much easier to market than any non-Jump mangas.

KHR is closer to its ending than Naruto or Bleach, so you can write that one off. And Toriko is too gimmicky for it too become popular, character designs might put a lot of people off too, FT is secure to say though.
Aug 31, 2012 7:04 AM
Mar 2012
I don't know why people think bleach is still one of the big three, and it's not even going to end soon, seeing how much development kubo puts in his chapters it may end after one piece. The only one that will end soon is naruto, which manga will take its place? reborn is in its final arc, toriko while being extremely popular in japan ( you could say it took bleach's spot and is already one of the big three) it's really not popular enough outside of it, fairy tail doesn't look like it will be long and gintama doesn't fit since it's primarily comedy. HxH would have a chance if it wasn't always on hiatus. So I don't really know
and @nk_500 fairy tail is from magazine not jump
Aug 31, 2012 7:41 AM

Sep 2011
Well The anime ended, so when the fans that only watch anime and dont read manga finish the anime, theyre done, whereas you can still watch one piece episodes

and to be considered part of the big 3 in my opinion, you need to be english dubbed, which appeals to another audience that only watches subs

and people, stop saying the big 3 is pointless, this is purely for speculation, if youre not interested, dont post
Follow me on twitter @jaywhy620 if you like wrestling (WWE, TNA, ROH) also I talk about anime occasionally and Follow me on Vine @ Awesome Wrestling
Aug 31, 2012 11:06 AM
Mar 2012
Shaduge said:
I don't know why people think bleach is still one of the big three, and it's not even going to end soon, seeing how much development kubo puts in his chapters it may end after one piece. The only one that will end soon is naruto, which manga will take its place? reborn is in its final arc, toriko while being extremely popular in japan ( you could say it took bleach's spot and is already one of the big three) it's really not popular enough outside of it, fairy tail doesn't look like it will be long and gintama doesn't fit since it's primarily comedy. HxH would have a chance if it wasn't always on hiatus. So I don't really know
and @nk_500 fairy tail is from magazine not jump

Because it has been and will till it ends. It is not going to end soon? Yeah, keep on dreaming, Kubo said this was the last arc, it will be a long one, so I see it publishing for another 4 months. Nothing of the current publishing stuff will and after OP, that has the set-up for another 5-6 years, Naruto won't last a year neither. As for Toriko, I already explained why that won't become part of this group, if there is such a group after these end.
Aug 31, 2012 3:28 PM

Jul 2012
Naruto, One Piece, and Bleach is the "legengdary 3 shounen" anime/manga's, and they will stay like that.

One who could compete against them would be fairytail i guess, but i have no intention on watching it.
O'Hai :D
Aug 31, 2012 3:32 PM

Jan 2012
One piece,Hunter x Hunter 2011,Toriko
Fairy Tail is garbage
Aug 31, 2012 3:42 PM

Feb 2012
The World God Only Knows~ maybe
Aug 31, 2012 3:46 PM

Jan 2008
Hunter x Hunter is the only anime that comes close imo, assuming it gets enough episodes.

I'm not sure if the term "The Big 3" (for anime) was made online or in Japan or whatever, but if it was online term, then Toriko probably wouldn't work as, *takes deep breath* it's not that popular worldwide compared to in Japan. *braces self and puts up shield*
Aug 31, 2012 4:08 PM

Feb 2012
Lol no way in Ft is going to top the ig, just getting a movie after 200+chapters, bg let down like air gear.
HXH and KHR but OP forever.
Aug 31, 2012 7:17 PM

Sep 2011
i would love if Hunter x hunter got dubbed fully, i only watch the first like 50 episodes, the ones that were dubbed
Aug 31, 2012 7:19 PM
Jun 2012
1.Op
2.Fairy tail
3 rd can be Khr ,Beezelbup or The world god only knows
Jul 21, 2013 10:21 AM

May 2010
1.Hunter x Hunter
2. Toriko. watch anime for fun and read manga for the epicness (just look at the fights of the current arc..)

also Fairy Tail is garbage manga/anime.
Jul 21, 2013 10:21 AM
Feb 2012
There will not be another Big 3.
Jul 21, 2013 10:37 AM

Apr 2012
If I have to give a guess:

Ao No Exorcist
Magi
Toriko

The reason I'm not saying Fairy Tail is because I feel it's about to end.
Also, I have a feeling One Piece's popularity will fade once whatever substitutes the Big Three comes around.
"The more inexperienced you are, the more you want to show off."
- Oreki, Hyouka
Jul 21, 2013 11:53 AM

Jun 2013
Well,I don't think FT will continue much longer,maybe 2-3 big arcs are left,I picked it up in manga somewhere,dunno where...But,closest followers are History's strongest disciple Kenichi,since it is coming every Friday,and others,dunno...But it sure will be interesting to see,especially now when Naruto and Bleach are in their final battles...
Ad Astra Per Aspera
Jul 21, 2013 12:00 PM

Sep 2012
- Boku no Pico
- Pico to Chico
- Pico x CoCo x Chico
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» What if Your Favourite Anime had the Flaws of Your Least Favourite Anime?

APolygons2 - 11 minutes ago

1 by tchitchouan »»
1 minute ago

Poll: » how often do you self insert or empathize with anime characters? and do you experience how good or bad the characters situation or experience is too

deg - 47 minutes ago

11 by deg »»
2 minutes ago

» Visual Novels — General Thread

Shizuna - 2 minutes ago

0 by Shizuna »»
2 minutes ago

» What is your opinion on anime becoming mainstream? ( 1 2 )

BroDa2545 - Apr 16

54 by IKKIsama »»
6 minutes ago

» So is Shin-Chan actually G rated and the Funimation Dub was like Ghost Stories or is it Adult in nature like Oruchuban Ebichu

vasipi4946 - 2 hours ago

4 by Zarutaku »»
8 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.