Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 27, 2012 3:27 AM

Dec 2011
Mogtaki said:
It's legal to stream anime for others that you've already bought, apparently. There's no loopholes in the system that says otherwise.

Problem with Hulu and what not is Hulu isn't available outside the US and Canada, same goes for the youtube anime that's on official channels. It's quite unfair for us overseas when the industry is suffering as badly as it is.

I already said there is some kind of software that allows you to watch videos that are made unavailable in your country...

One of the sites:

http://www.surfagain.com/

And this one

https://aniscartujo.com/webproxy/

Just copy the video link...

OR use Hotspot Shield by AnchorFree

I just watched this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msWbNfEOFlk&list=PLBD700C7DAD3D0AF0&feature=plcp
akutasame94Jun 27, 2012 3:42 AM
Jun 27, 2012 3:47 AM

May 2012
akutasame94 said:
Mogtaki said:
It's legal to stream anime for others that you've already bought, apparently. There's no loopholes in the system that says otherwise.

Problem with Hulu and what not is Hulu isn't available outside the US and Canada, same goes for the youtube anime that's on official channels. It's quite unfair for us overseas when the industry is suffering as badly as it is.

I already said there is some kind of software that allows you to watch videos that are made unavailable in your country...

One of the sites:

And this one

I'll check it out, thx :)
Feel free to recommend me good romance (BL is fine!) or slices-of-life anime I haven't seen yet!
Jun 27, 2012 3:48 AM

Dec 2011
Haezejongk said:
akutasame94 said:
Mogtaki said:

One of the sites:

And this one

I'll check it out, thx :)

Ok, websites, proxy sites actually, are for YT, I don't know if anything else works, program works with everything...
Jun 27, 2012 9:45 AM

Aug 2007
Mogtaki said:

Problem with Hulu and what not is Hulu isn't available outside the US and Canada, same goes for the youtube anime that's on official channels. <b>It's quite unfair for us overseas when the industry is suffering as badly as it is.</b>

Did you get that "information" from an anti-piracy website?
Jun 27, 2012 11:09 AM

Oct 2009
^The suffering part made me giggle.
Jun 27, 2012 5:21 PM
Sep 2010
Animecrazy have said they license their anime that is why not every anime seasonal show is on their site, but they license the streaming rights some how, think of it like a free crunchyroll but better.
Jun 27, 2012 5:44 PM

Jun 2012
pika2000 said:
Woebegone said:

If you stream, you sometimes have to wait for the site owner to post the stream for that ep. The episode(s) are most likely always available first on torrent sites like Nyaa and bakabt.

Also, streams do go dead or are removed because of copyright violation. Animes are always available for download. ;)

By streaming, I'm referring to the legal ones. Eg. Hulu: Hulu has Accel World the same date as the air date, AND subbed. Clearly the less than legal streaming sites will be "late" as they have to wait for people to upload the RAW/fansub.
whaaaaaat?? they should have said something! *stormcloud face
Jun 27, 2012 8:55 PM

Aug 2007
360justin said:
Animecrazy have said they license their anime that is why not every anime seasonal show is on their site, but they license the streaming rights some how, think of it like a free crunchyroll but better.

I call bullshit on that. Only Crunchyroll and Hulu and the licensing companies own streaming services are legal.
Jun 27, 2012 11:34 PM
Sep 2010
Drunk_Samurai said:
360justin said:

I call bullshit on that. Only Crunchyroll and Hulu and the licensing companies own streaming services are legal.
Crackle and animecrazy are legal you can confirm that by going to the actual website sony own crackle and animecrazy license their material before it gets even uploaded onto the site the process is long of obtaining series thats why they don't have every single show for example like goodanime.net which is an illegal site clearly.
Jun 27, 2012 11:43 PM

Jun 2012
More satellite dish sub's come with online log in capabilities to channels they provide. i.e. cartoon network and such.

Never the less, hulu, funimation, animenewsnetwork, along with video game consoles host a variety of options.
Jun 28, 2012 10:19 AM

Feb 2012
Just to clarify, GOING to a random not legit website and streaming some anime is not illegal right? It's the owners of the site/the people that upload to said site that could potentially get in trouble. Not the random user that uses their site to watch.

And if it is illegal, you can't get in trouble for it cause it isn't closely monitored.

I stream because you can't get in trouble for it. ...And cause hubby is an idiot that supports PIPA and all that other copyright crap. If he found out I downloaded... it would not be a pleasant evening here. lol
Jun 28, 2012 10:27 AM

Aug 2007
360justin said:
Drunk_Samurai said:
360justin said:

Crackle and animecrazy are legal you can confirm that by going to the actual website sony own crackle and animecrazy license their material before it gets even uploaded onto the site the process is long of obtaining series thats why they don't have every single show for example like goodanime.net which is an illegal site clearly.

I forgot about Crackle but I do not believe at all that animecrazy licenses anything.

sisgood said:
Just to clarify, GOING to a random not legit website and streaming some anime is not illegal right? It's the owners of the site/the people that upload to said site that could potentially get in trouble. Not the random user that uses their site to watch.

And if it is illegal, you can't get in trouble for it cause it isn't closely monitored.

I stream because you can't get in trouble for it. ...And cause hubby is an idiot that supports PIPA and all that other copyright crap. If he found out I downloaded... it would not be a pleasant evening here. lol

Its still illegal but I doubt you would get sued or anything for streaming. They go after people who use torrents mostly. Why the hell would he support shit like PIPA?

Jun 28, 2012 10:55 AM
Sep 2010
Animecrazy has it on there site that they license, they get the streaming rights to their seasonal anime shows, whas so hard to understand about that exactly?
Jun 28, 2012 11:16 AM

Feb 2012
Drunk_Samurai said:
360justin said:
Drunk_Samurai said:
360justin said:

I forgot about Crackle but I do not believe at all that animecrazy licenses anything.

sisgood said:

Its still illegal but I doubt you would get sued or anything for streaming. They go after people who use torrents mostly. Why the hell would he support shit like PIPA?

Mostly cause in college someone stole a coding for one of his projects and took the credit. He didn't have a copyright on it or anything but he was still REALLY pissed off and butt hurt doesn't cover it.
Essentially, he is sick of copyrighted software automagically becoming freeware. I can see his point there. But Hollywood and the Music industry has gone too far.
Jun 29, 2012 2:26 AM

Oct 2011
o
Jun 29, 2012 3:05 AM

Jul 2011
360justin said:
Animecrazy has it on there site that they license, they get the streaming rights to their seasonal anime shows, whas so hard to understand about that exactly?

They "try" to license according to their site. From their site "We are an one of a kind anime site due to the fact that we are starting to license most of the anime on our site. User's also can help add old anime, which when it get's popular, we try to license. In other word's users have the power to choose which show's get picked and which show's don't."

Simply checking their forums under "request anime" shows that a show does not need to be licensed to get added, but instead they track it down online and then upload it to their site....the same as other illegal streaming sites.

****@OP****
Anime on demand is for the UK audience specifically, although it is very limited. Other than that, like others have said there is software to watch regardless of country, although licensing is regional, so if you do so, it's not much different than streaming illegally to begin with =P

Jun 29, 2012 4:32 AM
Sep 2010
The site is way more legal than that goodanime sites crap.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.