Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (27) « First ... « 20 21 [22] 23 24 » ... Last »
Aug 1, 2014 9:43 AM

Aug 2009
Rikudo95 said:
Gotcha! One last thing...if he would choose to save his family that means he had to give up his wish about world peace and people would die again...thats what you mean about the annihilation of everyone else if im getting it right? Thx by the way
Yeah.
Even his family surviving is doubtful.
Aug 6, 2014 1:47 AM

Jul 2007
Rikudo95 said:
Gotcha! One last thing...if he would choose to save his family that means he had to give up his wish about world peace and people would die again...thats what you mean about the annihilation of everyone else if im getting it right? Thx by the way

Basically if he were to accept Avenger's/Grail's wish-granting offer, The Grail would "keep the world peace" by killing few to save many....over and over again till the "Many" was pretty much just Kerry's family in empty world of corpses.

To deny that wish, meant to lose his family. SO Kerry chose to deny Grail's offer in order to prevent that from happening, sacrificing "the few" - his family(in the dream) - in order to preserve "the many" (The world that his wish would destroy)

Hilariously it also showcased of just how pointless his ideal is in the long term. And in the end his choice to destroy the grail took even more lives, which, together with the damage that the grail did to his soul, pretty much broke him completely.
Aug 15, 2014 4:53 PM

Oct 2012
My first 10 and probably one of the few I'll ever give. If I had to rate the series as a whole, it would be lower, but since season 2 was packed with awesomeness and was amazing start to finish, I feel this is more than deserved.
Aug 17, 2014 10:03 AM
Mar 2013
I enjoyed. Score:- 7/10
Now what should I watch? Should I watch the OVA's and the special which aired first?
Aug 17, 2014 10:07 AM

Sep 2013
Deadcooler said:
I enjoyed. Score:- 7/10
Now what should I watch? Should I watch the OVA's and the special which aired first?

OVA? Special? The Einzbern Consultation Room is the only blu-ray bonus for Fate/Zero. If you ever decide to watch Fate/stay night, you should skip the movie. The anime series is okay, the upcoming anime in October will be better.
Aug 19, 2014 4:12 PM

Nov 2012
Farewell Fate/ series. You were truly an entertaining series.
Aug 19, 2014 4:17 PM

Jun 2009
SanaeSnake said:

Well, it's coming back in November so....
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 19, 2014 4:30 PM

Nov 2013
insan3soldiern said:
SanaeSnake said:

Not only that but it's like the Gundam of TM so expect more milking titles in the future.
Aug 20, 2014 12:16 AM

Aug 2009
Botato said:
insan3soldiern said:

Not only that but it's like the Gundam of TM so expect more milking titles in the future.

Except that it makes more sense than most of Gundam's storylines.
Obligatory Amuro pic:spoilers
http://ramennochibi.tumblr.com/image/81647955352
ssjokgAug 20, 2014 12:37 AM
Aug 20, 2014 12:34 AM

Mar 2013
Aug 24, 2014 4:54 PM

Oct 2009
What a ride! Truly one of the best series out in a while.Not disappointed at all, as a fan of the FSN VN the way they ended it coupled with nostalgia, it was perfect! Loved it!
Poor Rin with shitty parents, maybe it was a good thing Tokiomi died and her mother lost it. She got to grow up normally.
But I will read the LN since a few stuff were cut out.

10/10!

Now to wait for FSN remake :D
AozureAug 24, 2014 4:57 PM
Aug 24, 2014 11:04 PM

Apr 2014
Nooooo!!! I'm so damn sad :'(. Before i watched this title someone called it "the Game of Thrones of anime", i didn't understand because I've never seen GoT before so i watched GoT and then watched Fate/Zero. I now completely understand and agree entirely, there are no happy endings :(. Great anime, great ending even if it wasn't the nice happy one i was hoping for. God why did all they're lives have to be so fucked T-T, i wanted the messed up eye dude to save the girl and kill that old man, i wanted Kiritsugu to live happy with his wife and daughter and i wanted the boy and rider to travel around the world exploring. This show is to cruel T-T 10/10.
jimbobyooAug 24, 2014 11:10 PM
Aug 25, 2014 12:55 AM

Jul 2007
jimbobyoo said:
Nooooo!!! I'm so damn sad :'(. Before i watched this title someone called it "the Game of Thrones of anime", i didn't understand because I've never seen GoT before so i watched GoT and then watched Fate/Zero. I now completely understand and agree entirely, there are no happy endings :(. Great anime, great ending even if it wasn't the nice happy one i was hoping for. God why did all they're lives have to be so fucked T-T, i wanted the messed up eye dude to save the girl and kill that old man, i wanted Kiritsugu to live happy with his wife and daughter and i wanted the boy and rider to travel around the world exploring. This show is to cruel T-T 10/10.

Because its a prequel. You are not supposed to expect anything happy in this. All of them were pre-destined to fail, the only question was HOW. The main story begins in October, this year.

Also, I am not sure anyone would want Rider to be alive,as he would try, you know, conquer the world
Aug 25, 2014 1:13 AM

Mar 2013
Fai said:
Also, I am not sure anyone would want Rider to be alive,as he would try, you know, conquer the world

It's ok, anime Bill Clinton will prevent that from happening.
Aug 25, 2014 4:05 AM

Aug 2009
fst said:
Fai said:

It's ok, anime Bill Clinton will prevent that from happening.
Suddenly am hearing his laugh.
Aug 26, 2014 8:41 AM

Nov 2012
That was an amazing anime... I'm perfectly happy with the "ending" of fate zero, because I read Fate Stay Night and I know that F/Z is a prequel work.

I would say that Unlimited Blade Works was by in far my favorite route of Fate Stay Night (gave UBW 9/10, won't go into a review of it here, one on my profile) , but I dare to say that Fate Zero 2nd Season has beaten it in my opinion, I gave it 10/10 overall. I just really enjoyed all of the characters, how the drama was executed, the visuals/action sequences were amazing, the plot twists/unexpected events, the clashing philosophies/ideals, the epic moments, and the mature vibe/feel of the series. I loved the fact that Kiritsugu gets fleshed out a good bit in this anime, being that he is referred to so many times in Fate Stay Night and has a lot to do with Shirou's beliefs.

My favorite servant by far and away was Rider, his relationship with Waver I felt was explored really well. It was a great conclusion that Rider made waver change so much that Waver is inspired to accept himself, travel the world, and do what Iskandar when most want him to do, enjoy his life the the absolute fullest. I even feel like just people watching this show can even be inspired by Rider, as I think his ultimate message is to live life fully and always treasure your friends.

I actually liked Saber in FSN quite a bit more, she feels more human there especially in the fate route. Although I still enjoy saber in Fate Zero in the sense that she's a cool, confident, powerful female character who has to come to terms with her ideals I suppose and it was nice to see her struggling to save her kingdom and to see her actually struggle with acknowledging flaws in her beliefs after them being pointed out by Gilgamesh and Alexander. I thought it was very nice when Lancelot said he and everyone else with Saber in her timeline actually believed in her and thought she was the best king, especially when Saber always puts herself down so much with thinking she failed everyone..

Well at least in fate stay night 2014 we will actually get to see
. With Ufotable taking the reins for UBW, it could be one hell of a ride, just like Fate Zero was.
Sep 3, 2014 11:20 PM

Jan 2008
That was terrible. At least the animation is nice.
Sep 4, 2014 3:20 AM

Aug 2009
aero said:
Too many bad ends?
Sep 4, 2014 3:21 AM

Nov 2013
ssjokg said:
aero said:
Too many bad ends?
Tiger Dojo ain't terrible tho.
Sep 5, 2014 3:40 AM

Jan 2014
And so "people die when they are killed" boy is rescued, and so begins another adventure.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Sep 12, 2014 4:06 PM

Aug 2014
This amazing anime left me crying.... 10/10 for this masterpiece of story!
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Sep 15, 2014 11:40 AM
Jul 2014
I just remembered this, but didn't a sphere appear in one of the episodes? And then a police guy touched it, freaked out and then told his men to move it? What was that if I'm remembering correctly?

I mean this:
I'M GONE NOW
Sep 15, 2014 12:01 PM

Aug 2014
AnarchicSloth said:
I just remembered this, but didn't a sphere appear in one of the episodes? And then a police guy touched it, freaked out and then told his men to move it? What was that if I'm remembering correctly?

I mean this:

IIRC, something of Casters?
Or actually, Iri had one of those too, didn't she?
In either case I dunno how it'd get there. Though I don't think Iri would just leave it like that so probably Caster.
Sep 15, 2014 12:54 PM

Feb 2014
AnarchicSloth said:

I mean this:

That was Kayneth's Volumen Hydrargyrum.

He and Sola survived the explosion thanks to that.
Sep 15, 2014 1:15 PM
Jul 2014
HeisenDurden said:
AnarchicSloth said:

I mean this:

Oh... was that even explained in the show? I don't remember it...
I'M GONE NOW
Sep 15, 2014 2:23 PM

Nov 2013
AnarchicSloth said:
HeisenDurden said:

Wasn't it obvious? <_<

It was in the same area the hotel was demolished. It looks exactly like Kayneth's mercury pet that he brought along on his Einzbern castle attack. I'm sure you would be able to make the connection easily.
Sep 15, 2014 2:28 PM
Jul 2014
Botato said:
AnarchicSloth said:
Wasn't it obvious? <_<

It was in the same area the hotel was demolished. It looks exactly like Kayneth's mercury pet that he brought along on his Einzbern castle attack. I'm sure you would be able to make the connection easily.
No, I could have sworn the sphere was discovered a few episodes after the hotel was demolished. Kayneth sure took his time getting out of there....
When I saw the sphere, I just wondered what it would be used for instead of what it looked like...
I'M GONE NOW
Sep 15, 2014 2:31 PM

Nov 2013
It was discovered in the episode right after iirc.

Meh whatever, it was Kayneth.
Sep 15, 2014 9:37 PM

Aug 2009
AnarchicSloth said:
Botato said:
Wasn't it obvious? <_<

No, I could have sworn the sphere was discovered a few episodes after the hotel was demolished. Kayneth sure took his time getting out of there....
When I saw the sphere, I just wondered what it would be used for instead of what it looked like...
MAybe if you werent such a heretic you wouldnt derp so hard.
ssjokgSep 15, 2014 10:46 PM
Sep 15, 2014 10:37 PM
Jul 2014
ssjokg said:
AnarchicSloth said:
MAybe if you were such a heretic you wouldnt derp so hard.
I'M GONE NOW
Sep 16, 2014 4:44 PM

Oct 2012
And it's over.

Well, I certainly didn't like how fast they deal with destruction of Saber and the Grail in first few seconds. And dat Kotomine funeral engrish, egh. Was it even needed?

The rest of episode was good I guess. Some things were simplified. I like Kirei x Archer talk and it was nice to see how they tried to close all the storylines.

Well, overall, this certainly wasn't such huge deal as many people are suggesting but it wasn't bad either. I would say first cour was executed better though.

7/10
Oct 10, 2014 1:36 AM

Jun 2013
Oct 11, 2014 9:45 AM

Apr 2010
Amazing production and Execution for the entire Series. But i didnt really dig the plot. 7/10.
Oct 13, 2014 8:49 AM

Dec 2012
When I dropped this almost a year ago, never would have I thought that I will end up loving it.

This second season in particular was really great. I'm not satisfied by the conclusion of Kerie and Gilgimash plot lines, but I guess I will wait and see what F/SN has in store for them.

I had some problems with this series, one of them being the lack of foreshadowing and the conveniently inconclusive servant battles, but w/e I knew I was starting to love it, after I kept watching the ED after each episode ;_:. Being emotionally invested and really feeling for what's presented in front you, and emotional reactions of many kind is one of the most important aspects I personally care for in anime, and Fate/Zero succeeded in that and I felt the second season made the build up and boring parts in the first season worth it, so 9/10.

More than excited for F/SN. It's prologue is what made me give this a shot in the first place.
Oct 13, 2014 9:35 AM

Aug 2014
TMW you did it wrong. >.>
Zero is meant to be watched after SN.
Oct 13, 2014 9:39 AM

Dec 2012
I know, but I don't really agree with it, so far. I liked Kerry's final scenes here more, because I know what they mean later, or rather seeing them before on F/SN, enhanced the scenes here for me.
Oct 13, 2014 10:02 AM

Nov 2013
Considering you already watched 4 episodes of F/Z long before UBW, it doesn't really matter since most of the harm is in the first episode anyway.

I'd recommend giving F/Z a re watch after HF movie(s) end, whenever that may be.
Oct 13, 2014 10:15 AM

Aug 2009
tsudecimo said:
I know, but I don't really agree with it, so far. I liked Kerry's final scenes here more, because I know what they mean later, or rather seeing them before on F/SN, enhanced the scenes here for me.

Well this
tsudecimo said:

I had some problems with this series, one of them being the lack of foreshadowing.

would not be a problem if you had wathced it with the intended order.
Oct 13, 2014 10:24 AM

Nov 2013
Which is why watching Zero again is recommended after knowing stuff from F/SN.
Oct 13, 2014 10:25 AM

Dec 2012
BotatoPriest said:
Considering you already watched 4 episodes of F/Z long before UBW, it doesn't really matter since most of the harm is in the first episode anyway.

First episode of F/Z?

I didn't watch that after I picked it up, only re-watched 2, 3 and 4. The first episode was one of the main reasons, where I thought the series was the definition of boredom, and the following episodes didn't exactly help, so I thought I would have a better chance liking it, if I don't re-watch the first episode, which I forgot about, so whatever spoilers it has on F/SN, I don't really remember them.
Oct 13, 2014 10:46 AM

Nov 2013
Well the spoilers carry on to the rest of the episodes of course, but what I meant is that just watching the first episode is enough to spoil most of what can be spoiled about F/SN.
Oct 13, 2014 10:58 AM

Dec 2012
I didn't find any issue watching F/Z first, then playing the F/SN VN.
Oct 13, 2014 12:32 PM

Jun 2009
I honestly don't think it matters too much either. Yeah, it's the preferred order to go with F/SN then F/Z but I think Ufotable is doing a good job of making the new series work both as a stand alone and as a "direct" sequel.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Nov 6, 2014 5:36 PM

Nov 2009
damn, glad i finally got around to finishing this. thanks to some of the writers above who helped clear some things up. i watched f/sn a really long time ago and have never read any of the ln/vn so there were some unexplained parts regarding kiritsugu and kirei that had me confused. in conclusion, i think fate/zero was a show that encouraged rooting for the bad guys. seriously, gil and kirei owned this entire series. and in the end, kiritsugu kind of left me with a sour taste...in a suzaku-ish kind of way. im glad his character turned out the way he did. it made the story a lot more genuine and mature (if that makes sense). basically, its refreshing to see a story where its not all rainbows and butterflies for the "good guys" at the end.
and i completely understand the internet's obsession with gilgamesh after this last episode. ohmaigah that was amazing..coupled with seki tomokazu's voice was just...perfect.. there arent words for it
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 9, 2014 3:21 PM

Jun 2014
Thank god Kirei has the fate he has in the FS/N anime.
That last scene where he gives Rin the sword that he killed her dad with. You sonofab***.
Dec 10, 2014 5:29 AM

Jul 2007
aelove said:
damn, glad i finally got around to finishing this. thanks to some of the writers above who helped clear some things up. i watched f/sn a really long time ago and have never read any of the ln/vn so there were some unexplained parts regarding kiritsugu and kirei that had me confused. in conclusion, i think fate/zero was a show that encouraged rooting for the bad guys. seriously, gil and kirei owned this entire series. and in the end, kiritsugu kind of left me with a sour taste...in a suzaku-ish kind of way. im glad his character turned out the way he did. it made the story a lot more genuine and mature (if that makes sense). basically, its refreshing to see a story where its not all rainbows and butterflies for the "good guys" at the end.
and i completely understand the internet's obsession with gilgamesh after this last episode. ohmaigah that was amazing..coupled with seki tomokazu's voice was just...perfect.. there arent words for it

THat's mainly because 2006 FSN has absolutely nothing to do with this show or this continuity. WHat you did end up spoiling for yourself is currently airing remakes(and the upcoming movies)
Dec 10, 2014 7:10 PM
Aug 2009
Can someone please tell me what the grail calls him? That name for bearer of darkness for the greater good or whatever?
Dec 10, 2014 7:16 PM

Jul 2013
DarkTreeofDoom said:
Can someone please tell me what the grail calls him? That name for bearer of darkness for the greater good or whatever?

no

watch fate/stay night instead
And I mean that in the most sexually painful way possible.
Dec 11, 2014 2:44 AM

Aug 2009
DarkTreeofDoom said:

What?I think you mean what Iri said to him but it wasnt a name for Kiritsugu.
Dec 11, 2014 10:03 AM

Jul 2007
DarkTreeofDoom said:

That has nothing to do with Kiritsugu himself and she wa not calling HIM that.

Your own fault for watching prequel first when it assumes you already know wtf is going on.
Pages (27) « First ... « 20 21 [22] 23 24 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - May 12, 2012

589 by frieren2024 »»
Yesterday, 4:02 AM

» What's next?

infinite_Shadows - Apr 10

13 by Ain2Zwei »»
Apr 15, 4:48 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 16, 2012

655 by Joel77 »»
Mar 25, 11:03 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 9, 2012

728 by damnit_tomioka »»
Mar 18, 2:06 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

belatkuro - Apr 28, 2012

585 by goodwake »»
Mar 9, 11:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.