Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Feb 3, 2014 5:56 PM

Dec 2013
I hated the dog scene. It was really cruel; needless to say those mean boys deserved what they got. Things in this anime keep getting more emotional with every episode.
Feb 16, 2014 1:21 AM

Apr 2011
Watching this episode a second time helps me realize that those boys did not deserve to die like that, they were still so young and didn't understood the concept of right from wrong. Bad parenting I say!

Don't get me wrong! What they did to the puppy was wrong, but especially forcing Lucy to watch it all unravel.
Mar 12, 2014 1:39 PM

Jan 2014
Mighty thinking-booster, this anime.
Gets even more interesting. Superb.
The orphan girl deserved death as
well as those 3 boys because that
kind of monstrosity those kids have
shown was inevitably unforgivable.
Wonder what happened to Khota's
memory and about his relationship
with Lucy back in the time of their
early childhood. Can't wait to watch
the next episode. ^___________^
Apr 13, 2014 12:05 AM

Aug 2013
OMG WHEN THE BOYS WERE BULLYING THE DOGS WHICH ENDED UP KILLING THE DOG. OMFG
ㅠ.ㅠ
ㅠ.ㅠ
ㅠ.ㅠ
☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆

"There is something in this world that no one has ever seen before. It is gentle and sweet. Maybe if it could be seen, everyone would fight over it. That is why the world hid it, so that no one could get their hands on it so easily. However, someday, someone will find it. The person who deserves it the most will definitely find it. "
— Aisaka Taiga and Takasu Ryuuji
Apr 14, 2014 6:40 AM

Oct 2013
If this series doesn't take a turn to better, I'll rate it 5/10
Jul 20, 2014 2:13 AM
Dec 2013
SHIT JUST GOT REAL!!!!
Aug 6, 2014 7:07 AM
Jun 2013
This anime makes me sick ._. It's one thing to be edgy in a good way but it feels like they're just trying to do all the possible gross things. I wouldn't mind it if they were necessary in terms of the story but it feels like they're doing it just to shock people and be edgy. I guess this anime is pretty special in that sense.
Aug 18, 2014 12:58 AM

Sep 2013
Those bullies deserved to die. *evil laugh*

But did the girl really told those bullies about the puppy on purpose? I dont get it. That didnt make sense.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Sep 30, 2014 4:31 PM

Oct 2013
WHEEEWWWW

One of the main reasons I decided to watch this dubbed is because I wanted to see how the dub handled this scene, and DAMN it did not disappoint. Easily one of the only scenes so far that was well dubbed, especially on Lucy's part. This episode reminded me why Lucy is one of my favorite characters.

I must be sick or something, because it's these kinds of scenes that make the anime what it is for me. But man, how come the anime is okay showing poor little Nana being dismembered, but it can only depict animal abuse off screen? smh

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Oct 3, 2014 5:08 AM

Jan 2013
Got to thank the creator who decided to kill those annoying pricks. First time I am glad that some useless kid die.

Poor dog.
Dec 26, 2014 4:11 PM

Mar 2014
Jesus christ, that was intense. The first time this anime actually hit me right in da feels

Went up from a six to a seven.
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jan 8, 2015 8:53 PM

Feb 2011
OMG :( I wasn't aware that there's a scene like this, but i already knew it will happen when i saw those crazy assholes picked up the puppy.

Those crazy brats are so fucking cruel to the puppy! Sorry..but kicking and using a flower vase to beat the innocent puppy to death doesn't looks like bullying to me, it's just plain murder!! But at least i'm glad that Lucy has done the right thing by killing those crazy brats :)

I understand Lucy's feelings :( she has to endured all those psychological pain that she has encountered when she was young. No wonder she has develop another personality inside of her and always being sad, lonely, depressed and angry.
srwgfanJan 8, 2015 8:59 PM
Feb 26, 2015 3:14 PM

Feb 2015
Not the dog!!!

I'm glad Nana was able to tell everything to Mayu. Hopefully she will explain everything to Yuka and Kouta.

I can see now that Lucy had a pretty tough childhood and it's obvious that it gets even worse for her cause ended up in that lab. But it doesn't still justify all her actions. She kills innocent people without hesitation. I feel sorry for the child she was but now she has become the monster too.
"Oh, I wasn't trying to be funny.. I would've put a 'Haha' at the end of it."

Apr 30, 2015 1:09 PM

Sep 2014
This series gets even more interesting... also so affective.. those emotions..

I'm very sensitive when it comes to animals.. :(
Those stupid kids deserved that. And that so-called friend...
May 17, 2015 4:34 PM

Nov 2014
I can handle abuse, sexual harassment, bullying and everything. But the animal abuse wen't to far. I just walked away and kept saying I've had it with this anime. I already wasn't such a big fan of it in the first place, but my boyfriend wanted to continue watching. I'm not going to continue it now. I can't handle anime abuse.
I don't want to grow up.
Jun 9, 2015 5:44 AM

May 2014
Poor Lucy ;_; Could it be that Kurama lied about killing his daughter and Lucy is his true daughter?

Those kids!! I'm glad they paid for what they've done... in the most gruesome appropriate way! Even though I know it's not fine being glad about it...
Jun 21, 2015 2:23 AM

Jan 2015
Klad said:
Got to thank the creator who decided to kill those annoying pricks. First time I am glad that some useless kid die.

Poor dog.

I agree. IDGAF if murder is wrong. Lucy did the right thing in my books.
Jun 23, 2015 9:32 AM

Apr 2013
Poor dog ;_;
But nice going Lucy killing these... these... I don't even have words for such beings.
Jul 7, 2015 4:32 AM

May 2015
This was just rachet. Even though the massacre scene was relieving, I felt like they went over the line with the scene before.

One thing is certain: this anime doesn't fuck around.
Jul 14, 2015 1:33 PM

Oct 2014
Is it bad that I was genuinely happy when all the kids died?
RainyRai said:

>not appreciating how much of a cunt Asuka is
How disgusting tbh
Jul 16, 2015 6:29 PM
Feb 2015
God the moment she killed them all I felt so relieved

Poor dog, this made me sick, it was just a cute puppy ;_;
Oct 3, 2015 7:05 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
I cried so much with dogs death .... gosh .... T____T

Nov 12, 2015 8:37 AM

Jun 2015
Fck, and here for the first time I got emotional because of puppy. :v Smash people around but leave poor dog alone.
Jan 11, 2016 12:44 PM

Feb 2014
NO!! NO!! NOT THE PUPPY!!! F*** THOSE KIDS!!!! LUCY GAVE THEM WHAT THEY DESERVED!!!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 4, 2016 7:58 PM

Jul 2014
Those bullies were so cartoonishly evil that they were impossible to take seriously.

2/5
Feb 28, 2016 12:36 PM
Oct 2015
FUCK THIS! NOPE JUST NOPE! AS SOON AS THE THAT DOG GOT MURDERED I WAS DONE! I CLICKED OFF OF THE EPISODE AND SLAMMED MY LAPTOP SHUT! ABSOLUTELY NOT IMPRESSED!
Mar 5, 2016 3:21 AM
Oct 2012
Until now this series was hard to take seriously when it dealt with serious topics, but now it really done it right.
It's not the violence that's the problem but how it's dealt with it, and for the first time Elfen Lied dealt with in a way that actually carries emotional weight and actually served a point.Quite a change from what we've seen till now.
10/10 deserved.

Those bullys were too cartoonish?I admit allot of the character acting are cartoonish in the series, but some children can be quite ruthless so I really don't see them acting unrealistic.I guess it must be blissfull to be so "innocent" about human-nature, but when it comes to violence in real life, both children and adults have acted even worse. Children, specially boys that age are quite easy to fell to peer presure or following someone they feel is stronger, so a charismatic boy lacking in empathy can make others follow him.

That scene was quite believable imo.
HiImAnAlienMar 5, 2016 3:26 AM
Apr 25, 2016 5:55 PM
Jul 2018
slackerpaul said:
how do I put this... yes I too wanted those kids to die when they killed the dog, however they seem to be around 9-10 years old. i'm not sure that they deserve to die for their horrible actions. maybe i'm being to realistic for an anime series. in real life i would want them to go to ridiculous amounts of therapy and definitely 'juvi', but in they fictional anime world they needed to die. shit.

In all honesty. People who have no regards for innocent life don't even deserve to live.
The world would be better off without scum like that.

brinan said:
Manifest said:
Man the dog part got me angry. By looking into Lucy's past no one can just call her a cold hearted killer anymore. Humans like those little boys have made her into what she is in her future self, so I think its pretty natural for her to seek revenge.

Kinda what i'm thinking now.

That dog scene was a bit shocking, almost seems far-fetched/unreal, some average freaking kids like that getting that kind of crazy look in their eye and beating a puppy to death with a vase? wtf mang lol. Actually, thinking about it alot in this anime seems too unreal, even for anime o.O After this i'm kinda put off from the show, finishing it anyway as i just want to get it over with at this point.

Bullies who would go that far do exist. It may not be too common, but it's still more common than one would think.
Some people think nothing of a life that isn't human. Some people don't even care if one is human, but just don't want to face the penalties of harming another person. It's all for their own selfish reason.
This world can be fucked up. That's why everyone needs optimism and compassion, and little by little make the world a better place, or at least making someone's day better, human or not. And yet, there will be those with pessimism who read this comment and laugh it off as being 'corny'. It's just how society is.

I've seen the dog scene on YouTube years ago, and I told myself I would never watch this anime. I sort of forgot about it until I started to watch the series again.
Anyways... I knew it was coming. I just couldn't remember when, or whose dog it was. I was afraid Wanta was gonna be the one, but even if he wasn't, it's still so terrible...
I have a soft spot for innocent animals. Maybe it's because puppies like that look at the world in such a cheerful way. They are optimistic and trusting...
Until they learn the hard way that humans are cruel, and the dog would get the life beaten out of them.
The saddest thing? Even if the puppy survived, it would have still been innocent about the world. Scared, maybe, but it would continue to live its life, eventually trusting others once more, until it could potentially get stabbed in the back all over again.
removed-userApr 25, 2016 6:12 PM
May 13, 2016 2:36 PM

Apr 2014
I felt so unsatisfying when those bullies died, they deserved a painful torture not a fast death. Ugh, oh well.
Jun 2, 2016 1:18 PM

Jun 2015
Is it me, or does the quality of this show slightly declines somewhere around 6th-7th episode? IDK, it looked more interesting at the beginning than in the middle.

The moment I saw the scene with the dog, I knew I'll see a lots of comments concerning that on this thread. And no, I can't say I feel sorry for the little bastards. Bullying someone is one thing, but killing an innocent animal is even worse. Needless to say, I strongly disapprove of both, but again - I don't feel sorry for them.

I respect your opinion as long as you respect mine.
Jul 27, 2016 7:43 AM

Mar 2016
Why did they kill the dog? goddammit.

Also,the scene where the scientist was dying was funny af:
>is dying
>feels sad because shes a virgin
Aug 1, 2016 7:58 PM
Mar 2016
noo the poor pupper :( glad those kids died. i wasnt actually sure if they were actually going to kill the dog,but this show just went right with it lol. i understand lucy's pain, i will forever root for her. this scene is actually very realistic. there are some f***ed up children out there. 10/10 wouldnt watch again
Oct 3, 2016 2:06 PM

Apr 2013
Bullying okay that happens but killing that dog, damn these kids were fucked up in the head alot. I feel bad for Lucy having to deal with these rotten peaces of shit.
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Nov 17, 2016 7:27 PM

Dec 2015
I was shouting when the dog died, like that shit is fucked up in many ways, those fucking kids need to be in a mental asylum
hi
Dec 12, 2016 1:07 PM

Jun 2016
Poor Lucy, she had to go through all that. No wonder why she hates humanity.
Dec 15, 2016 10:51 PM

May 2014
These kids are messed up...and honestly to a unrealistic way imo. How can 4 kids in the same school be okay with animal cruelty that bad. seems too many. i mean, i love how the anime is not afraid of going too far, but this time around, it just felt unrealistic.
Jan 1, 2017 12:33 PM
Jun 2016
Man that episode was almost too much for me. O_o
Jan 26, 2017 11:46 AM

Jan 2017
This episode was amazing the way the story was portrayed. Many people resort to violence when bullied, also some people flip or become enraged when animals are hurt (or the people they love). Also the fact that she was an ''alien'' and different and got bullied for that also gives a nice touch to the story and plus it's very real. So it's a 10/10 for this episode.

What was bad about it was the children killing scene, could have been done better art wise, could have included a torture or something so that they realized what they did was wrong. Plus the exploding body thing was not that convincing. 6/10 for the killing scene.
Feb 4, 2017 9:14 AM
Jun 2016
Poor dog, those kids deserved what they had coming

What a bunch of monsters, traumatizing her at such a young age
Feb 4, 2017 9:16 AM

Dec 2014
some times killing is not justifiable ... I guess it explains better in this show
Mar 3, 2018 12:14 AM
Dec 2017
This ep sawing us that humanity are bad guys! Are really bad that much ?? I don't think so ! There are try to make it painful.. But this is nothing just stupidity@

Well lets see what will be next!
May 26, 2018 6:19 PM
May 2018
Omg the puppy scene shook me in another level, I'm speechless
What the fuck is wrong with those kids. Literally I don't get the level of cruelty on them

Well as the other post mentioned, this series is getting more emocional and in my opinion more interesting
Aug 14, 2018 8:05 AM

Jul 2013
This show is too much!! It’s so cruel to watch a puppy get beaten to death!!
Dec 30, 2018 10:32 PM

Dec 2013
Yep, just your average psychotic kindergarten bullies beating a puppy do death.
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Jan 26, 2019 5:46 PM

May 2018
Damn, this anime is affecting me very emotionally... this episode made me cry a lot.
"No matter where you go, everyone's connected." Iwakura, Lain.

Feb 27, 2019 4:55 PM
Apr 2016
Poor Lucy getting bullied like that...indeed those guys are the ones not human, they very well deserved death, Lucy did nothing wrong.
May 23, 2019 12:18 AM

Jul 2016
Yeah... of course even kids have to be fucking psychopaths in this series. Not impressed tho, they needed an excuse to "break" Lucy's character but that said, the sequence to that breaking point was made in a very poor and unrealistic way.

Nothing much to add besides that, just another mediocre episode filled with lazy writing to justify Lucy's hatred towards humans.
SouthRzVaMay 23, 2019 12:21 AM
Jul 14, 2019 2:42 PM

May 2015
My main thoughts were that those young boys need therapy.

And the scene that shows what they did to the dog honestly felt like shock value styled gore it kind of made me uncomfortable.
Jul 21, 2019 9:47 PM

Jun 2019
Randomcardcaptor said:
My main thoughts were that those young boys need therapy.

And the scene that shows what they did to the dog honestly felt like shock value styled gore it kind of made me uncomfortable.

The only form of therapy they needed was the sort Kaede/Lucy/Nyu dispensed to them.

Those who would go out of their way to revel in being so vicious to innocents aren't worth saving. I can sooner see rehabilitation for a career criminal, a war criminal, or a terrorist than scum like that. Their acts had no grand motive, not out of belief in the righteousness of a cause nor of even any monetary or any tangible personal gain. None other than reveling and taking pleasure in dispensing pain. Beasts like that are more rotten on the inside at 12 years-old than an 80 year-old crime syndicate leader.
Aug 12, 2019 2:14 PM

Sep 2016
this show has continued to baffle me with how ridiculous and over-the-top it gets. once you think it has hit peak bullshit, it keeps swimming deeper and deeper into the marina's web. i wouldn't even call this show bad because of how entertaining it is; it's one of those anime you must see before you die.

i have to watch the ninth episode.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Elfen Lied Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Sandgolem - Aug 26, 2007

139 by ssangy »»
Apr 3, 12:36 PM

Poll: » Elfen Lied Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Chelle - Aug 21, 2007

199 by vikivill »»
Apr 1, 1:49 PM

Poll: » Elfen Lied Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

then - Nov 30, 2007

105 by GarlicDead »»
Mar 31, 5:08 PM

Poll: » Elfen Lied Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

then - Dec 4, 2007

429 by DigitalCoin »»
Mar 11, 3:41 PM

Poll: » Elfen Lied Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

then - Dec 4, 2007

111 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 11, 11:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.