Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 27, 2016 2:16 PM

Jun 2011
There is an audio drama of Evangelion about the cast after the end of the series that most people haven't heard of and it is TERRIBLE. I mean, on Youtube, I was surprised that I was the only one who pressed the dislike button for all the parts and it's got a lot of views. Asuka is a lot more annoying than she is in the series and the characters seem one-dimensional.

I was so glad when Rei beat her up.
Angry_Anime_NerdDec 27, 2016 2:19 PM
Numbuh 3, you've got to get off the couch, you cannot sit in that tree house, girl you like Rainbow Monkeys so grab your little shit and then swing!

Hand tracks be tracking me to different doorways. In a maze, and I don't know what to do. Guaranteed though, Ima find the emeralds.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 27, 2016 2:20 PM

Oct 2012
Lots of things done after NGE/EoE is shit.

Most importantly, NGE/EoE was shit to begin with, but it's my kind of shit.

Always amused by your signature, and that avatar is an improvement, LOL

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Dec 27, 2016 2:23 PM

Feb 2013
yeh there's a surprising amount of eva side-material; the whole "first ancestral race" thing is from the psp game :V
assuming you mean the one with just 1 dislike, then 25,323 isn't a lot of views lol
Dec 27, 2016 2:23 PM

Jul 2015
I love your signature 😂
video game about beating asuka up , omg I will play it for sure
Dec 27, 2016 2:24 PM

Apr 2016
"Asuka is a lot more annoying than she is in the series"

Simply can't...
Dec 27, 2016 2:26 PM

Jun 2011
Swagernator said:

Simply can't...

Tsundere fan.

I hate everything about NGE. Yet some of the games are mediocre. The characters are stereotypical and almost everyone are selfish in there.
Numbuh 3, you've got to get off the couch, you cannot sit in that tree house, girl you like Rainbow Monkeys so grab your little shit and then swing!

Hand tracks be tracking me to different doorways. In a maze, and I don't know what to do. Guaranteed though, Ima find the emeralds.
Dec 27, 2016 2:27 PM

Oct 2012
Swagernator said:

To be fair to OP though, even I was really, really irritated by Asuka pre-episode 22/EoE. Appears OP may had dropped it before further exploration of her character, so I don't exactly blame that mindset.

pinkarray said:
I hate everything

Asuka hates everything too to a degree as well. Hello, Asuka.

Dec 27, 2016 2:29 PM

Apr 2016
pinkarray said:
Swagernator said:

Simply can't...

Tsundere fan.

I hate everything about NGE. Yet some of the games are mediocre. The characters are stereotypical and almost everyone are selfish in there.

I will quote myself from another NGE rant thread:

"What on earth did NGE to you ? did Shinji jerk off on you while you been in coma ?"
Dec 27, 2016 2:29 PM

Jun 2011
Shoryu said:
Swagernator said:

To be fair to OP though, even I was really, really irritated by Asuka pre-episode 22/EoE. Appears OP may had dropped it before further exploration of her character, so I don't exactly blame that mindset.

I saw the series from episodes 8-26.

Dec 27, 2016 2:32 PM

Jun 2011
Swagernator said:
pinkarray said:

Tsundere fan.

"What on earth did NGE to you ? did Shinji jerk off on you while you been in coma ?"

I'm sorry I just can't like the series. lol. But disgusting, man. I have autism, I'm hypersensitive, and I can't handle negative things/some things like other people can. I just don't see what other people see in Evangelion. I know that these characters are traumatized by what happened to them when they were little, but still being ignorant after 10-14 years doesn't make them that likeable. It's a very confusing series to me and I don't know if these characters are nice or mean.

Dec 27, 2016 2:32 PM

Oct 2012
pinkarray said:
Shoryu said:

Misjudgement since I saw it in your "Dropped List"
But color me amused by your comment on 2.22. Shouldn't that moment in that film been extremely satisfying to you? Yeah, you're definitely confusing like Asuka; I'm calling you Asuka from now on.

Dec 27, 2016 2:35 PM

Jun 2011
Shoryu said:
pinkarray said:

But color me amused by your comment on 2.22. Shouldn't that moment in that film been extremely satisfying to you? Yeah, you're definitely confusing like Asuka; I'm calling you Asuka from now on.

I don't like seeing children die even if I hate them. Asuka, I think needs a beating but not to the point of getting what she got in EOE, that was really sad.:(

Dec 27, 2016 2:36 PM

Oct 2012
pinkarray said:
I don't like seeing children die even if I hate them. Asuka, I think needs a beating but not to the point of getting what she got in EOE, that was really sad.:(

She got a beating, but never died, I assure you.

Dec 27, 2016 2:37 PM

Aug 2014
pinkarray said:
Swagernator said:

I'm sorry I just can't like the series. lol. But disgusting, man. I have autism, I'm hypersensitive, and I can't handle negative things/some things like other people can. I just don't see what other people see in Evangelion. I know that these characters are traumatized by what happened to them when they were little, but still being ignorant after 10-14 years doesn't make them that likeable. It's a very confusing series to me and I don't know if these characters are nice or mean.

The characters are supposed to be selfish, they're not supposed to likeable. Well-written, sympathetic, and in some ways relate able yes but likeable, hell no!
Dec 27, 2016 2:38 PM

Jun 2011
Shoryu said:
pinkarray said:

She got a beating, but never died, I assure you.

It doesn't matter. She still had an eye bleed, skewered, and got her arm cut off.

Dec 27, 2016 2:39 PM
Jul 2018
pinkarray said:
Shoryu said:

Are you implying she died? because she didn't.
Dec 27, 2016 2:41 PM

Apr 2016
@fatboyftw i was waiting for you to show up xD
Dec 27, 2016 2:42 PM

Oct 2012
pinkarray said:
It doesn't matter. She still had an eye bleed and got her arm cut off.

Hm.
Just sounds like you're salty that EoE beat up Asuka first before you had a chance to make some kind of video game where you... feed her to crabs...?

Dec 27, 2016 2:43 PM

Jun 2011
Darek said:
pinkarray said:

No I didn't say that she died, I said that she was hurt really bad.

Dec 27, 2016 2:43 PM

Aug 2014
Swagernator said:

I can't resist an Evangelion discussion!

But um...have we met? I know that sounds rude but I don't want to lead you on like I remember you when I don't.
Dec 27, 2016 2:45 PM

Jun 2011
Shoryu said:
pinkarray said:

Hm.
Just sounds like you're salty that EoE beat up Asuka first before you had a chance to make some kind of video game where you... feed her to crabs...?

I'm not a video game writer, I'm a movie/tv writer. I'm not salty that EOE beat up Asuka first. I'm upset at how much pain was caused to her in it. So, I meant to say I hate seeing children die and injured like that.

Jul 2018
pinkarray said:
Darek said:

Oh I see, I was actually glad, not a fan of her at all

fatboyftw said:
Swagernator said:

But um...have we met? I know that sounds rude but I don't want to lead you on like I remember you when I don't.

Get Rekt XD

Aug 2014
Shoryu said:
pinkarray said:

Hm.

Oh wow, I thought you were only smartass to me and Gracey but you're like that to everyone.

I'm not being mean though, because that's what I like about you.
Dec 27, 2016 2:47 PM

Oct 2012
pinkarray said:
I'm not a video game writer, I'm a movie/tv writer. I'm not salty that EOE beat up Asuka first. I'm upset at how much pain was caused to her in it. So, I meant to say I hate seeing children die and injured like that.

>"I hope that there is an Evngelion video game where you can beat Asuka up!"

Cause like, let's add even more pain? Right?

Aug 2014
Darek said:
pinkarray said:

fatboyftw said:

Get Rekt XD

I'm not trying to "Rekt" anyone, stop being an instigator Darek!

Apr 2016
fatboyftw said:
Swagernator said:

No we not,( man you kill me inside) i just remember your avatar from other random EVA threads xD
Dec 27, 2016 2:49 PM

Aug 2014
Swagernator said:
fatboyftw said:

No we not,( man you kill me inside) i just remember your avatar from other random EVA threads xD

Ah, makes sense. I'm starting to wonder how many other Eva threads I've commented in though. Because I don't really remember any. Time to stalk my own comments to find out!

You seem like a cool guy though, we really should talk.
Dec 27, 2016 2:51 PM
Jul 2018
fatboyftw said:
Darek said:

Get Rekt XD

I'm not trying to "instigate" anyone, stop being an implayer fatboyftw!
Dec 27, 2016 2:54 PM

Aug 2014
Darek said:
fatboyftw said:

The word is "Implier", quite misspelling things Darek!

Edit: Wait, seems like Implier isn't a word either according to spellcheck.
Dec 27, 2016 2:56 PM

Apr 2016
Oh my, this thread is starting losing its direction really quickly...
Dec 27, 2016 2:57 PM

Oct 2014
@ OP

If it's any consolation, Asuka is sure to die horribly alongside everyone else in 3.0+1.0.
RainyRai said:

>not appreciating how much of a cunt Asuka is
How disgusting tbh
Jul 2018
fatboyftw said:
Darek said:

The word is "Implier", quite misspelling things Darek!

Edit: Wait, seems like Implier isn't a word either according to spellcheck.

That spellcheck does not accept the superior British Spellings either so it is objectively rubbish.

Also, ALL HAIL THE GRAMMAREICH

Jun 2011
Let's not the derail the thread otherwise it could get locked. If you want to have a conversation with somebody that's off-topic, talk to them in their profile or send messages to them.

Dec 27, 2016 2:59 PM

Jun 2011
Toa_of_Gallifrey said:
@ OP

If it's any consolation, Asuka is sure to die horribly alongside everyone else in 3.0+1.0.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!O_O

Dec 27, 2016 3:00 PM

Aug 2014
Sorry, sorry. Won't happen again.

Maybe @Shoryu's right, maybe I really am a thread De-railer.
Dec 27, 2016 3:00 PM

Oct 2014
fatboyftw said:

We're all thread derailers at heart.
RainyRai said:

How disgusting tbh
Dec 27, 2016 3:04 PM

Oct 2014
Shoryu said:

Would you say the rebuilds are shit?
I certainly ended up disapointed with 2.0 and 3.0 although it can be saved by 4.0 and it has some good moments i still fail to see the need for a reboot
Dec 27, 2016 3:08 PM

Oct 2012
gabrielrroiz said:

I certainly ended up disapointed with 2.0 and 3.0 although it can be saved by 4.0 and it has some good moments i still fail to see the need for a reboot

You bet! 6/10 are simply pity ratings to bless Anno. I support the existence of the Rebuilds purely because it keeps Eva topical.

Also, if you want any rhyme or reason for After the End's existence, @pinkarray, it was most likely to ride on the popularity NGE gained and therefore bring in the cash to fund his studio, Gainax at the time, and ideally pay towards making Death & Rebirth/End of Evangelion. Crafty fellow whom knew how to merchandise like a powerhouse.

Dec 27, 2016 3:11 PM

Jun 2011
Shoryu said:
pinkarray said:

>"I hope that there is an Evngelion video game where you can beat Asuka up!"

Cause like, let's add even more pain? Right?

?? Like I wouldn't want to hurt her more but just hurt her again?

Dec 27, 2016 3:12 PM

Dec 2012
Watch this hilarious gem then, it's so much better.

"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Dec 27, 2016 3:12 PM

Aug 2014
gabrielrroiz said:
Shoryu said:

I'm not Shoryu but personally I really liked 2.0

Sure it does have quite a bit of problems but a lot of those stem from your expectations and comparisons to the original series. As a movie itself it's pretty damn good. Likeable characters, a good story, great action, and a FANTASTIC Ending that sets up for a sequel perfectly.

I'm not gonna talk about 3.0 because I haven't watched it since it first came out on streaming sites way back in 2014. I got the English release for Christmas and I'll rewatch it eventually, but until then I don't wanna say anything bad about it.
Dec 27, 2016 3:15 PM

Oct 2012
pinkarray said:
?? Like I wouldn't want to hurt her more but just hurt her again?

Rather than be understanding of Asuka's pain and suffering, you just wanna be another source of Asuka's turmoil. That's a very negative way to approach this, coming from someone that supposedly hates negative things...?

Dec 27, 2016 3:19 PM

Oct 2014
Is this OP's psychoanalysis ala episodes 25 and 26?
RainyRai said:

How disgusting tbh
Dec 27, 2016 3:25 PM

Oct 2014
fatboyftw said:
gabrielrroiz said:

Sure it does have quite a bit of problems but a lot of those stem from your expectations and comparisons to the original series. As a movie itself it's pretty damn good. Likeable characters, a good story, great action, and a FANTASTIC Ending that sets up for a sequel perfectly.

I'm not gonna talk about 3.0 because I haven't watched it since it first came out on streaming sites way back in 2014. I got the English release for Christmas and I'll rewatch it eventually, but until then I don't wanna say anything bad about it.

I undertand if you want to see mecha action there are few movies that did it better
But i surely do not watch a evangelion movie for that so i deemed it a complete disapointement
Besides that i though most of the changes were really contrived(that vatican treat was a laughble way to put asuka in unit 03) i also take issue with how fast paced the movie is it seems to just be worried about big action set pieces to the point it ruins some character interaction mostly the one between shinji and asuka
The character are overall just shallow representations of their old series counterparts and the amount of self indugence got unbearable(i know that helps to set the message this movies are trying to make)
Overall the only issue that really bothers me with this movie is it being part of the evangelion franchise otherwise i would be completely fine with it
Also(i have no idea how i forgot this) fuck mari makinami such a pointless addition to the series
Dec 27, 2016 3:28 PM

Jun 2011
fatboyftw said:

That's okay, thread derailing happens.

Dec 27, 2016 3:35 PM

Jul 2015
I would only recommend the Evangelion TV series and End of Evangelion. The other movies aren't bad, but they just don't give you the same feeling. Never heard of the audio drama though lol
Dec 27, 2016 3:40 PM

Aug 2014
gabrielrroiz said:
fatboyftw said:

I undertand if you want to see mecha action there are few movies that did it better
But i surely do not watch a evangelion movie for that so i deemed it a complete disapointement
Besides that i though most of the changes were really contrived(that vatican treat was a laughble way to put asuka in unit 03) i also take issue with how fast paced the movie is it seems to just be worried about big action set pieces to the point it ruins some character interaction mostly the one between shinji and asuka
The character are overall just shallow representations of their old series counterparts and the amount of self indugence got unbearable(i know that helps to set the message this movies are trying to make)
Overall the only issue that really bothers me with this movie is it being part of the evangelion franchise otherwise i would be completely fine with it
Also(i have no idea how i forgot this) fuck mari makinami such a pointless addition to the series

You're not wrong. Like I said the movie does have quite a few problems, the two main ones being that Asuka gets the shaft and as you said Mari is completely useless (Though to be fair it doesn't really bother me too much here since it was the first time her character is introduced, now her being completely useless in 3.33 is what makes my blood boil).

But some of the changes I honestly didn't mind, such as Asuka being in Unit-03 (Makes the stakes a bit higher than when it was Toji) and basically Rei's entire character arc throughout the movie.

But the main thing I love about 2.22 and the reason why I can forgive the flaws and put it on my favorite anime list is the ending. I will never not love that ending. Something about Shinji finally manning up (if only for a few minutes) just gets me hyped and any problems I had with the movie before that point get washed out of my memory as I watch that powerful scene.

Personally though I think the manga is the best version of the story. I could start a full on analysis comparing it to the original series and explaining why I think it's the better of the two but I think that would count as de-railing.

Hmm, maybe I should start a poll. Anime vs. Manga vs. Rebuilds.
Dec 27, 2016 4:02 PM

May 2015
All I can do is shake my head at you OP.
every single one of my forum posts is dumb and invalid except for 1, I don't claim them it was a different person it was all fake
Dec 27, 2016 4:06 PM

Jun 2011
RainyRai said:

But Asuka is such an arrogant, sexual, argumentative, evil girl like what is wrong with her? Even I don't write my teenage characters like her.

Dec 27, 2016 4:14 PM

May 2015
pinkarray said:
RainyRai said:

But Asuka is such an arrogant, sexual, argumentative, evil girl like what is wrong with her? Even I don't write my teenage characters like her.

How disgusting tbh
every single one of my forum posts is dumb and invalid except for 1, I don't claim them it was a different person it was all fake
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do you think Shinji is irredeemable?

TASM18 - Apr 15

21 by fizzydrinkk »»
Apr 24, 9:32 PM

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion - The End of Evangelion Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Zerachroma - Jun 13, 2008

533 by rengoku09_ »»
Apr 1, 5:57 AM

» should i watch this movie instead of 25-26 or should i watch 25-26 or should i watch 25-26 and the movie

CRG - Aug 21, 2023

44 by Invisible_King »»
Mar 20, 1:27 PM

» There's nothing romantic about Asuka and Shinji

Sanjay63773 - Oct 26, 2022

37 by LoveLikeBlood »»
Mar 17, 1:01 PM

» how to watch?

misasdeathnote0 - Dec 19, 2023

18 by KitsuFrost »»
Dec 28, 2023 4:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.