Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Another (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Feb 29, 2012 10:57 AM

Oct 2011
dashiawia said:
Interesting beach episode.

I had a strong feeling someone would die in the end. It just felt all too peaceful. I suspect the dead one to be either Kouichi or Reiko, more likely Kouichi. Only reason I say this is because the deaths started escalating when he first transferred to the school. And does anyone else get the feeling that Akazawa and Kouichi are childhood friends? I mean, she is the only person to call him by his first name outside of his family.

If my theory is right, Akazawa knew Sakakibara when he visited the town 1 and a half years ago, probably for Reiko's funeral. But says he never set foot on the town before and Akazawa only remembers glimpses of it because of the memory alterations. The deaths started escalating because Kouichi didn't follow the rule to ignore the "person who does not exist" which is Mei. Mei also confirmed that Sakakibara is not the another one. I think she saw it with that green eye of hers which she says that can see things which are not meant to be seen.
“I’m glad you stopped me. I was really worried that you really wish that you never met me. I’m glad that I met you. I had a wonderful life. No matter what may await me, please don’t regret meeting me.” - Nagisa Furukawa

Feb 29, 2012 11:01 AM

Feb 2012
Sorry nathanr, I misread you.
Feb 29, 2012 11:01 AM

May 2008
BRB I'M GONNA THROW UP NOW K BYE...............

Feb 29, 2012 11:57 AM

Feb 2012
Hakuromatsu said:
Sorry nathanr, I misread you.

np

It's been happening for basically 26 years. If it wasn't supernatural and it was just some murderer, what could he/they possibly gain by killing people from ONE class for 26 years?

It's the person who had been there for 26 years(like the librarian).. or, there are multiple culprits. Either way, I can see why they may be trying to cover up their actions with magic and curses.

It also doesn't explain how records and memories are altered; thus it's supernatural.

The memories are not altered-they are erased. That's called amnesia. Notice how amnesia seems to be widespread and it doesn't delete only the info connected to the "curse".
Also, if it was the curse deleting the memories, there is no way they would be able to partially or fully recover them after thinking a little bit.

and last but not least....

sorry, had to
Feb 29, 2012 12:18 PM

Dec 2010
witchhuntress said:

I don't think the phenomenon has a "fixed rule" that only students in the class become resurrected. It just seems to happen that it's a student who's the resurrected dead person most (or all?) of the time: at least, if you refer to Chibiki-san's records, it has always been like that.

I think the major thing was that anyone connected to the class will die, so it is also plausible that anyone "centrally" (or a major part) included in the class is a dead person. Relatives and others seem too far-fetched to be dead persons, BUT if the relative BELONGS to the third class, that is another matter.

Anyway, assistant teachers are very rare, and I wonder...if just like in my former school, they have a chair for assistant teachers in the back? Or do assistant teachers really assist the general form teachers within a lesson, or they do separate lessons?

If assistant teachers also sit in the back in Yomi North, then I stand with my theory that short "chairs" don't only refer to students' chairs. It may also refer to the teachers'.

THAT is something to think about, don't you think?

That is such a good point. I never thought about the assistant teacher's chairs counting. Great observation!
Deliveries go here pls <3
Candy Kingdom
(∩^o^)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
Feb 29, 2012 12:53 PM

Oct 2010
Hinaaa said:
witchhuntress said:

I don't think the phenomenon has a "fixed rule" that only students in the class become resurrected. It just seems to happen that it's a student who's the resurrected dead person most (or all?) of the time: at least, if you refer to Chibiki-san's records, it has always been like that.

I think the major thing was that anyone connected to the class will die, so it is also plausible that anyone "centrally" (or a major part) included in the class is a dead person. Relatives and others seem too far-fetched to be dead persons, BUT if the relative BELONGS to the third class, that is another matter.

Anyway, assistant teachers are very rare, and I wonder...if just like in my former school, they have a chair for assistant teachers in the back? Or do assistant teachers really assist the general form teachers within a lesson, or they do separate lessons?

If assistant teachers also sit in the back in Yomi North, then I stand with my theory that short "chairs" don't only refer to students' chairs. It may also refer to the teachers'.

That is such a good point. I never thought about the assistant teacher's chairs counting. Great observation!
This peeked my interest I don't understand the Chair count exactly. Does the thing mind if there is increase of the chairs even if it's not students chairs?

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Feb 29, 2012 3:41 PM

Nov 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
Hinaaa said:
witchhuntress said:

This peeked my interest I don't understand the Chair count exactly. Does the thing mind if there is increase of the chairs even if it's not students chairs?

It probably does mind because although it has no fixed rule as to who the dead person in class should return, it seems to have a "fixed number of class members," and death happens when this limit of class members is not followed...

Also...I think the chair count might refer to overall chairs in the classroom, including the form teacher and assistant teachers'. So "being short one chair" might mean "being short one student's or teacher's chair."

"Belief is the death of intelligence." ~Robert Anton Wilson~
Feb 29, 2012 3:42 PM

Jun 2011
Why is it that the girl's showed off so much cleavage in their swimsuits? I mean, it isn't impossible for them to wear something a little less revealing. Or maybe I'm just too picky.

Next episode is certainly something I'll be looking forward to, looks real interesting.
Feb 29, 2012 4:01 PM

Feb 2012
Sanguis said:
Why is it that the girl's showed off so much cleavage in their swimsuits? I mean, it isn't impossible for them to wear something a little less revealing. Or maybe I'm just too picky.

Next episode is certainly something I'll be looking forward to, looks real interesting.
Never been to the beach? Cleavage everywhere ;p
Feb 29, 2012 4:04 PM

Feb 2012
Yvese said:
Sanguis said:

Never been to the beach? Cleavage everywhere ;p

nudist beach
oh the horror
Feb 29, 2012 4:23 PM

Oct 2010
julielopezzz said:
Yumekichi11 said:
The scene and only one that I jumped from my chair,

now that is fucking creepy as shit smells.
O_O is that Yukari in the 2nd gif? The thought kinda scared me.

YES! She coming back from the dead next episode.

Feb 29, 2012 4:25 PM

Nov 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
julielopezzz said:
Yumekichi11 said:

I love that gif. It's creepily cool? ^^

"Belief is the death of intelligence." ~Robert Anton Wilson~
Feb 29, 2012 4:26 PM

Oct 2010
witchhuntress said:
Yumekichi11 said:
julielopezzz said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Only part that made me jump. Although I do admit I CRINGED at the death scene as I slow framed it was the body of that guy:The guy’s death was gross in the spoiler
you can see his body's cuts and mutilation by the blades of the ship’s propellers.
Hence why I got grossed out of the details.

Feb 29, 2012 5:16 PM

Feb 2012
Yumekichi11 said:
witchhuntress said:
Yumekichi11 said:
julielopezzz said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Only part that made me jump. Although I do admit I CRINGED at the death scene as I slow framed it was the body of that guy:The guy’s death was gross in the spoiler
you can see his body's cuts and mutilation by the blades of the ship’s propellers.
Hence why I got grossed out of the details.
Heh it went by so fast I didn't even get to see that.

Gross indeed. I still think the most disturbing death is the nurses. Atleast with the other deaths their corpses can still be identified. For the nurse.. her body was pretty much crushed like a pancake >_<

Shame too since she was cute :(
Feb 29, 2012 5:21 PM
Nov 2010
Right now I'm mostly watching this show for Izumi and Mei.

Yumekichi11 said:
julielopezzz said:
Yumekichi11 said:

seriously? she returns?
Maybe now the anime will begin to actually show some genuine horror.
Feb 29, 2012 6:49 PM

Nov 2007
not surprised carsick guy died. I couldn't remember his name or him doing anything relevant. why the hell did he go that far out? forget the freaking ball. I figured he'd drown or a shark or something but .... a boat? okay....

I guess when you start asking questions it can even happen outside the city.

I like Akazawa way more than Misaki. definitely looked better in the bikini too.

I can't see "the dead one" being someone we haven't seen yet or some random side character.... Teshigawara seems possible, or Akazawa herself. Mochizuki seems more likely to die. still don't trust Misaki either, she has to have more to do with this somehow.
Feb 29, 2012 7:06 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Sanguis said:

I think it's a legal requirement -- something like a certain percentage of shows each season have to have a beach episode, and a certain amount of cleavage has to be shown. Probably they figure most of the audience is male (like me), and they feel they have to do something to keep our attention so we don't wander off and watch a football game, sort of like waving a bone in front of a hungry dog.
(I'm joking, mostly)
Feb 29, 2012 7:09 PM

Nov 2009
that nakao guy or whatever was totally just created so that they could kill someone...and thats deffff yukari in the preview

ohhh snap
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 29, 2012 9:25 PM

May 2011
well it seems like the curse can follow them outside the town and we find that out with a character no one knows but still this episode had a nice relaxed feel to it right before the ending

cant wait to see what happens next...i just hope they don't focus entirely on the next 4 episodes looking for "treasure" to save them all
Feb 29, 2012 11:34 PM

Sep 2010
that was fucking awesome !!
cant wait for the next *^*
Mar 1, 2012 1:57 AM

Oct 2010
Z-flame said:

Yumekichi11 said:
julielopezzz said:
Yumekichi11 said:

seriously? she returns?
Yes, it cannot be anyone other than her considering she is holding the object that killed her and it looks fresh in her blood still.

Mar 1, 2012 6:24 AM

Feb 2012
Yes, it cannot be anyone other than her considering she is holding the object that killed her and it looks fresh in her blood still.

No, that makes no sense
I CALL DREAM ON THAT GIF

Gross indeed. I still think the most disturbing death is the nurses. Atleast with the other deaths their corpses can still be identified. For the nurse.. her body was pretty much crushed like a pancake >_<

Shame too since she was cute :(

Agreed she was also my favorite ch..
ch...
wait..
.... her body couldn't be identified?

oh boy, that theory that buildsup in my mind!
Mar 1, 2012 6:31 AM
Jun 2011
Z-flame said:

Yumekichi11 said:
julielopezzz said:
Yumekichi11 said:

seriously? she returns?

Or it's Kouichi tripping on acid again. Like with his other dream? You know, returning remorse and all that.
It's your fault oowooowoooo~~
Hi.
Mar 1, 2012 9:03 AM
Nov 2010
Ekutah said:
Z-flame said:

Yumekichi11 said:
julielopezzz said:
Yumekichi11 said:
[img]http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb480/Yumekichi11/picture16/3a3a2e78.gif[/ig]

seriously? she returns?

Or it's Kouichi tripping on acid again. Like with his other dream? You know, returning remorse and all that.

I didn't think of that. It could be just a dream like last time.

*sigh* Why is it that so far the scariest moments in this show are simply just dreams?
Mar 1, 2012 9:11 AM

Sep 2009
Impulse66 said:
well it seems like the curse can follow them outside the town and we find that out with a character no one knows but still this episode had a nice relaxed feel to it right before the ending

cant wait to see what happens next...i just hope they don't focus entirely on the next 4 episodes looking for "treasure" to save them all

I have a feeling that's exactly what they're going to do u.u
Mar 1, 2012 11:32 AM

Oct 2011
I was so nervous throughout the episode while they are having fun because maybe suddenly there will be a blood scene. I like where this anime is going
Mar 1, 2012 11:36 AM
Jun 2011
Z-flame said:
Ekutah said:
Z-flame said:

Yumekichi11 said:
julielopezzz said:
Yumekichi11 said:
[img]http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb480/Yumekichi11/picture16/3a3a2e78.gif[/ig]

seriously? she returns?

I didn't think of that. It could be just a dream like last time.

*sigh* Why is it that so far the scariest moments in this show are simply just dreams?

Or the cutest moments....
Why couldn't the dance be real, god damn it
Hi.
Mar 1, 2012 11:43 AM
Dec 2007
mystik said:
not surprised carsick guy died. I couldn't remember his name or him doing anything relevant. why the hell did he go that far out? forget the freaking ball. I figured he'd drown or a shark or something but .... a boat? okay....

I guess when you start asking questions it can even happen outside the city.

I like Akazawa way more than Misaki. definitely looked better in the bikini too.

I can't see "the dead one" being someone we haven't seen yet or some random side character.... Teshigawara seems possible, or Akazawa herself. Mochizuki seems more likely to die. still don't trust Misaki either, she has to have more to do with this somehow.
Random is unlikely. In fact, if you look at it in a rational way, perhaps they got the "they have to be close to the town and as farther you get the less you are under the curse's effect" rule to be a little besides the mark. Rather than the town, wouldn't the requirement be to be close to the "Another", since that extra person is the one cursing the class. That of course gives even more credibility to the "it's one of them" theory, because they left the town yet they could not escape the curse, because the curse "traveled" with them. Ironically, that would also mean those in the town that day were safe from the curse.

Mar 1, 2012 3:50 PM

Jul 2009
So, a character I personally don't remember, who didn't receive any time-of-day died - yet again.
Seriously, let us get to know a few characters a little, then their deaths will mean something.
Plus, beach balls cost next to nothing.
Overall, good ep though.

Mar 1, 2012 3:57 PM

Feb 2012
Leon-Gun said:
Ironically, that would also mean those in the town that day were safe from the curse.

We don't know that. Actually, we don't know for a fact that last episode's death occurred because the Another was with them. Really, not a whole lot about the mechanics of the phenomenon is clear at this point.
Mar 1, 2012 5:43 PM
Dec 2007
Hakuromatsu said:
Leon-Gun said:
Ironically, that would also mean those in the town that day were safe from the curse.

We don't know that. Actually, we don't know for a fact that last episode's death occurred because the Another was with them. Really, not a whole lot about the mechanics of the phenomenon is clear at this point.
You do realize that statement is only applied if the Another is the focus of the curse itself and not the town or class. I'm not stating a fact, just a theory.

Mar 1, 2012 10:03 PM

Dec 2010
Cratex said:

I think it's a legal requirement -- something like a certain percentage of shows each season have to have a beach episode, and a certain amount of cleavage has to be shown. Probably they figure most of the audience is male (like me), and they feel they have to do something to keep our attention so we don't wander off and watch a football game, sort of like waving a bone in front of a hungry dog.
(I'm joking, mostly)

THIS. ^^^^^^^
Candy Kingdom
(∩^o^)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
Mar 2, 2012 4:29 PM

Oct 2010
There's always a beach episode. I'm glad this didn't disappoint~.
[insert awesome signature here]
Mar 3, 2012 10:29 AM

May 2010
It maybe gruesome but . . .

DAT PREVIEW!!
Mar 3, 2012 11:16 AM

Dec 2010
StormViruz said:

DAT PREVIEW!!
Candy Kingdom
(∩^o^)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
Mar 3, 2012 1:00 PM

Dec 2006
Mandatory beach episode was smoothly well done :o, Mei was so cute when that octopus grabbed her hand xD
& omg omg o-o Did I just see Sakuragi in that preview? >.<
Mar 4, 2012 12:39 PM

Jun 2010
As soon as I saw the beach ball fly away I was like, "ohh fuck.."
Mar 4, 2012 5:48 PM
Mar 2012
Looking forward to episode 9! ;u; As much as everyone here loved the gore, I wasn't into it from the beginning. This minimal, happy episode was really nice I liked it c:
Mar 4, 2012 5:53 PM

Sep 2011
im glad we got at least one episo-
errrrr-
im glad that we got at least 9/10th of a episode where we could just let out guard down and relax

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 4, 2012 5:56 PM

May 2010
It was a good feeling episode. A time where the kids will have their fun time and not worry about their class' curse. That is until the end.......

Really that was shocking! Never would I expect someone dead, especially in an episode like this. But hell this is a Horror anime after all so I should expect more of these.

So did she come back from the dead (in the next episode)? The umbrella, the blood on it, and her as well. So this curse can raise people from the dead too? I think I would see her without an eye....wouldn't that be scary? OMG really can't wait for the next episode!!!!

Mar 4, 2012 10:19 PM

May 2011
Ok, I know I wasn't the only one who saw that beach ball go flying, that kid run out (I'll get it!^^), and think "Oh, shit, it's Jaws!!"

Then the boat came, and I was a tad disappointed, but I thought, "Oh, shit, it's School Days!!"

Btw, that beginning didn't fool anyone. Nice try, Another.
Forest-kunMar 4, 2012 10:24 PM
Mar 4, 2012 10:37 PM

Apr 2010
garbage episode...really
and im not saying the whole show is garbage
this episode is just pure garbage
dont even bother checking my list, im not generalizing the show, that gives you no right to comment about my opinion on other animes
the plot in this episode is close to none
this anime is supposed to be taken seriously, especially when it only has 12 episodes, they dont have time for this
and that death? YES IT WAS VERY PREDICTABLE
if you didnt think that death was predictable then i really dont know what to say

and that challenge....WHAT WAS THE WHOLE POINT OF IT IF THEY'RE JUST GONNA TIE IT
OzakiMar 4, 2012 10:46 PM

Mar 5, 2012 3:41 AM

Aug 2010
I'm glad that the obligatory beach episode did not only deliver fanservice, but showed the kids in a relaxed environment. The change of atmosphere was well done and it wasn't a wasted episode. Mei is really growing on me 4/5.

Maybe the guy referred to the desk? That was the first thing that popped into my mind when he mentioned the classroom.

Nice boat though.
Mar 5, 2012 6:24 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Ozaki said:
garbage episode...really
dont even bother checking my list, im not generalizing the show, that gives you no right to comment about my opinion on other animes
this anime is supposed to be taken seriously, especially when it only has 12 episodes, they dont have time for this
if you didnt think that death was predictable then i really dont know what to say

You're fine - I see nothing wrong with your complaint. It was an odd episode. I kinda liked it, but I had mixed feelings about it. It seems out of place, but if I squint it works for me.
Mar 5, 2012 7:18 AM
Sep 2011
nateb39007 said:

So did she come back from the dead (in the next episode)? The umbrella, the blood on it, and her as well. So this curse can raise people from the dead too? I think I would see her without an eye....wouldn't that be scary? OMG really can't wait for the next episode!!!!

Or Kouichi's tripping up again in his dreams. :c
Also the umbrella pierced her in the neck... what do you mean missing an eye?
Mar 5, 2012 3:15 PM
Dec 2007
Ozaki said:
garbage episode...really

and that challenge....WHAT WAS THE WHOLE POINT OF IT IF THEY'RE JUST GONNA TIE IT
You are really defensive, and not just in this discussion.

Mar 5, 2012 4:56 PM

Nov 2011
Have to say the fanservice was nice, but I was bored to tears this episode. Even the end didn't really phase me, because I saw it coming (well I didn't see WHO would die, I just knew someone would.). The preview looks like 9 will be amazing though!
Mar 5, 2012 7:33 PM

May 2010
Those guys were pretty hot :P
Real Hell is inside a person-Ai Enma (Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae)
Do you know where hell is? Inside your head-Chrona (Soul Eater)

Mar 5, 2012 10:44 PM

Aug 2009
Why.... jsut why? What was the point of this episode literally nothing important happened until the last 3 minutes. If I remember correctly this is a HORROR anime... its supposed to be scary or atleast creepy and suspenseful. What is creepy about Misaki in a schoogirl swimsuit?

Like Im just saying if I wanted to watch some slice of life or comedy then thats what I would do. I want to watch a horror anime not this fucking BS

Not to mention they killed the one good thing this anime had... they killed the mysterious/horror atmosphere in favour of a playful slice of life atmosphere. Aside from the atmosphere this anime doesn't really have that much going for it.

Sorry if I seem really negative I was just very very dissapointed with this ep I was expecting horror/thriller and I get slice of life =/ theres enough fucking slice of life in the world.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Mar 6, 2012 2:22 AM

Sep 2008
That was brutal...as always. Here I was thinking they'll actually be safe for an episode.

So rare for a beach episode to actually be good.
Pages (10) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Another Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

jenanime - Jan 9, 2012

476 by Tucefull »»
Apr 15, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sir_Lexa - Jan 30, 2012

537 by Jaakusameyumi »»
Apr 11, 7:21 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2012

1042 by Fanerogame »»
Mar 28, 9:05 AM

» Well, this ending was a bit ass. Very mixed opinions.

TrhlaSlecna - Jan 10

25 by TrhlaSlecna »»
Feb 21, 2:38 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2012

341 by JoJo_Enjoyerr »»
Feb 19, 12:09 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.