Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: First Season
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »
Nov 3, 2012 8:01 PM

Feb 2009
Bit late here, but I just wanted to post my utter amusement at the ridiculous conversation about the Shinobu fanservice.

And I wanted to say this:

If you have dirty thoughts upon seeing a naked child, the problem is YOU.

Moving on...

For once, it's really nice to see a faux-loli who actually acts her real age. Her laughing ("ka-ka!") is particularly amusing, as it's something I've never heard before. Very nicely done.

As always, this series does dialogue very well. One to take notes from!
Nov 13, 2012 9:49 AM

Apr 2012
Digglett said:
Yumekichi11 said:
MisterDonut said:
Yumekichi11 seriously just, if you're not going to accept that this series will have fan-service just like it always has done then why not just drop it? Fair enough if you don't want fan-service but nothiing much that can be done.
I will drop it due to some vampire loli slut like Shinobu to show of her body. I was clear with this franchise. No Mayoi and Shinobu fan service. You do it and you piss me off. Simple as that.

Being naked = slut. Sure, some great logic there. Why does the human body make people so uncomfortable? Pretty dumb IMO.

I completely agree.

I actually really liked this episode, and the bath scene. Not because of the fanservice, but because of the dialogue and music. Her character was great, and I loved their relationship.
Dec 3, 2012 11:48 AM

Jun 2009
Shinobu seems pretty awesome, I especially love her voice and way of talking. It really gives you a feeling of her being the ancient being she is supposed to be.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Dec 9, 2012 6:08 PM

Nov 2011
Never seen Shinobu talk so much ever! Pretty awesome personality! XD

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Dec 23, 2012 5:18 PM

Dec 2009
Wow, Shinobu can talk. Great episode :)
Dec 31, 2012 12:35 PM

Oct 2012
Wow. Hanekawa can be E-E-E-Vil when she wants to be. Of course, Araragi would just choose Senjougahara over her if thats what it came down to.
Let this be our little secret, no needs to know we're feeling HIGHER AND HIGHER AND HIGHER!
Mar 10, 2013 7:44 PM

Aug 2012
shinobu reminded me of holo from spice in wolf this episode.
Mar 22, 2013 1:22 PM

Sep 2011
Shinobu is great, just as I expected when I saw her being a main here. She is one of the reasons I started Nise even though I didn't like Bake that much.
Her seiyuu (Sakamoto Maaya) is also great. I love how she says "Waga aruji-sama" (My master), and no, not because of it's naughty nature, but simply sounding great. I also like her "Ka Ka", reminds me of Kobato from Boku wa tomodachi. Though Hanazawa Kana's "Ku Ku Ku" sounds better imo :)
I'm still not a fan of too much fanservice though. And also, Araragi seems to be a bit too close with her (embracing her naked body and such), which wouldn't be a problem if he didn't have a girlfriend. Though I like their uncommon relationship.

I'm interested in Karen's story, I hope the pace picks up a bit. That mysterious man should die for cursing her.

I wasn't as happy to see Hanekawa as Shinobu. She is still annoying, but at least know she looks somewhat better. I don't like how she is involved in this. This really should have been only about Karen and Tsukihi.
RazielZeroMar 22, 2013 1:30 PM
Mar 29, 2013 6:34 PM
Jan 2012
Shinobu talks too much...

Tsukihi with the knife was wonderful xD
Apr 14, 2013 7:11 PM

Feb 2013
insan3soldiern said:
Shinobu seems pretty awesome, I especially love her voice and way of talking. It really gives you a feeling of her being the ancient being she is supposed to be.

Very much this. The voice of Shinobu was absolute perfection. It really encapsulated her intelligence as well as her condescension very well. She is easily my favorite character.
Apr 21, 2013 9:14 PM
Jul 2018
I like shinobu's haughty attitude.
Apr 22, 2013 10:45 PM
Apr 2013
Holy crap Shinobu reminds me of CC from Code Geass. Both have lived hundreds of years and have similar personalities.
May 7, 2013 7:32 AM
Aug 2011
Ka-ka!
May 16, 2013 11:02 PM

Dec 2012
WAIT JUST A MINUTE WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO HANEKAWA'S BEAUTIFUL HAIR
PolyphemusMay 17, 2013 12:17 AM
I am important. I have a girlfriend. Check out my podcast
May 17, 2013 12:18 AM

Dec 2012
HER GLASSES TOO FUCK MY LIFE
I am important. I have a girlfriend. Check out my podcast
Jun 6, 2013 9:20 AM

Nov 2012
I just satisfied by seeing shinobu talk in this episode.. seriously :D
Jun 24, 2013 12:55 PM

May 2011
Oh my god, Shinobu! She was so damn awesome when she talked, way better than I thought she would be! <3 Nisemonogatari is one amazing episode after another. At first, I thought of this just as a weird spin-off based on the plot summary, but so far, the increase in humor and fan-service actually seems to fit it very well. The art and animation also looks better, and I can’t help it but like it more than Bakemonogatari so far. Funny, considering what I thought at first!

Also, damn, Hanekawa looks so much better with this hairstyle! O:
Jun 30, 2013 11:40 PM

Apr 2013
Was surprised at Tsubusa's hair
Jul 7, 2013 4:03 AM

Jun 2011
Lol.. the look on Koyomi's face when Karen's like 'you have no idea how sharp my teeth are'
hahahaha
Jul 8, 2013 10:01 PM

Oct 2012
Finally I get to hear Shinobu talk.
Jul 17, 2013 7:20 AM

Apr 2013
Damn this episode was good. Shinobu is back and she talks :D
Jul 17, 2013 1:48 PM

Jan 2013
Love this episode.
Great conversation.
Sep 5, 2013 5:15 PM

Dec 2008
Shinobu is an adorable yet feisty little something. Didn't expect that from her.
Sep 21, 2013 9:50 AM

Aug 2009
Man, that's what Shinobu's really like? Talk about scary and threatening. I wouldn't want my own shadow killing me in my sleep. Her and Araragi's relation is so mysterious, it's awesome.

And again, the way Araragi handles himself in serious conversations just keeps making him cooler and cooler.
Oct 1, 2013 9:53 PM

Sep 2013
can any of the manga reader please explain why is shinobu-chan living in araragi's shadow? why did she turned him into a vampire? why are they saying that they will not forgive each other? and in season 1, why did meme left?
There's no magical spell to save someone's life.
Dec 5, 2013 3:17 AM
Nov 2013
Not much to move the plot forward in this episode, but some interesting development of Shinobu's (previously non-existent) character. Some interesting speculation on Araragi's vampirism as well.

gamer2710 said:
Holy shit.

I wish my bathroom looked like that.

That too.
SatanicBeaverDec 25, 2013 3:46 AM
Dec 24, 2013 11:25 PM

Aug 2012
Holy shit.

I wish my bathroom looked like that.
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Jan 15, 2014 10:54 PM

Apr 2012
zansabarshadow said:
stevewiess01 said:
Lol. It looks like Hirano Aya got cut from the Shinobu's role without speaking a word in Bakemonogatari series. XD

Anyway, I did quite enjoy Sakamoto Maya's VA with Shinobu in this episode and I look forward listening to her in also Kizumonogatari. :)

Aya Hirano < Maaya Sakamoto

Glad she got cuz I've had enough of Aya Hirano.

To be frank, it would have been bizarre hearing Aya Hirano voice Shinobu.
Jan 24, 2014 3:58 AM

Oct 2013
shinoby daisuki!
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Jan 25, 2014 6:14 PM

Aug 2013
I don't know what to think about Hanekawa knew look. I mean, it's really cute and I like it, but why she doesn't wear glasses? Was it only for the look?

God, that scene with Shinobu was so erotic, I had difficulty to concentrate on the dialogue xD
It was really great though, a lot of devellopement on Shinobu side.

When Tsukihi came back with a knife, it was so hilarious xD
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Feb 11, 2014 12:58 AM

Jul 2008
Hanekawa kitty with short hair....not digging it, but still loving her, and Shinobu speaks! Oh my does she add a new wrinkle to the harem.
Mar 25, 2014 4:36 PM

Nov 2012
How big is Araragi's house? His bathroom is fucking bigger than my living room I bet.
Apr 21, 2014 6:48 AM

Dec 2009
Why did they cut Hanakawa's hair and removed her glasses? Is there some sort of logic behind this? I'm not digging the look at all, though, and it also left me really confused.
Jun 1, 2014 6:27 PM

Mar 2014
Tsubasa is so kawaii!!!
That's some strong words for the sisters koyomi!!
Tsubasa got some good moves !!
Shinobu Talks!! (and naked..)
Dang shinobu !! you're an amazing talker like the others too!!
Imouto got some knife in her hand!! ... woah.. shit some scary little sisters..
Shinobu is right about "Time will tear them apart" .. True fact about immortality ...
Reconciliation at the end!!
Good ending!!!
Good episode as always!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 10, 2014 5:42 PM

Oct 2011
Best episode so far, felt so long too. Hanekawa with short hair is a major win, and Koyomi's little sister coming to the bath with a knife lol.
Jul 7, 2014 7:09 PM
May 2014
finaly get to hear shinobu talk, hope it won't be the last time
Jul 26, 2014 10:29 PM

Jul 2011
As usual, just another discussion where people argue about the fan service, just one of the many things people will always complain about and use it as an excuse to justify themselves to rate it down. Honestly, I will never understand the hate people have towards all the little things, and constantly have to bring it up, no matter what it may be. If you don't like something, that's fine, but no need to bash the episode and the entire series as a whole, this happens way to often with almost every single anime out there. If you do enjoy it, great, I just wish these discussions would have more love rather than certain people repeatedly saying things that are just asking to start a war.

Anyways, about the episode, I thought the dialogue was pretty interesting and the scene where his sister came into the bath was fun, overall this has been just another great season so far!
Aug 7, 2014 11:20 PM

Dec 2013
I wouldn't mind hearing Shinobu talk for hours...and with clothes! the fan-service didn't bothered me at all, actually it raises a question;Araragi always gets aroused/anxious when he sees a girl naked, but he was just fine with Shinobu, they even shared the tube at the same time! makes me wonder just how deep is their connection...

Hanekawa's new style is awesome , and Tsukihi's reaction to the bath scene was priceless.

A memorable episode 5/5
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Sep 4, 2014 12:23 PM

Aug 2013
Awesome episode!
Naked Shinobu, I didn't expect that :D
I don't mint that type of fanservice, it is mixed with good plot, so I like it even more.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jan 18, 2015 12:53 PM

Aug 2014
The part where Araragi's little sister saw them was great.
Feb 8, 2015 2:04 PM

Nov 2014
Lolicon fanservice can't help a boring ass scene be more interesting. Only 3 or 4 lines were relevant in moving the story and characters forward. The only reason I'm still watching this show at this point is because I want to see if the Second Season is as good as people say it is, and I have to dig through this shit to get there... Nice bathroom, though.
Feb 8, 2015 3:02 PM

Nov 2014
Lancehot said:
aikaflip said:
Lolicon fanservice can't help a boring ass scene be more interesting. Only 3 or 4 lines were relevant in moving the story and characters forward. The only reason I'm still watching this show at this point is because I want to see if the Second Season is as good as people say it is, and I have to dig through this shit to get there... Nice bathroom, though.

2nd Season has recap episodes, one of which covers the important parts of Nisemonogarati, so you could get away with skipping straight on to nekomonogatari if you want. I think the only thing that would leave you without is some elaboration on the relationship between Araragi & Shinobu, although most of the important stuff in that regard happens in 2nd season anyway.

The 5th episode, thanks to Kaiki, peeked my interest. I should be able to finish it .Just 6 more episodes. >_<
Feb 9, 2015 4:02 PM

Nov 2011
I also felt story progression was rather weak here, and my usual problem of not liking the seiyuu of a character who i've been seeing but never talks surfaces again.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Feb 19, 2015 10:50 PM

May 2014
Hmm, I didn't like Hanekawa this episode.

Holy fuck, Shinobu, though. Nice. Very nice.
Mar 24, 2015 4:50 PM

Jan 2014
Mashta said:
As usual, just another discussion where people argue about the fan service, just one of the many things people will always complain about and use it as an excuse to justify themselves to rate it down.

The point is that Bakemonogatari had a lot less fan service, or at least a lot more classy fanservice than Nise. If Nise was just another anime on it's own then fine, we should shut up, because we could ignore it. But as part of an existing series of better quality, it doesn't quite work that way.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
May 3, 2015 8:20 PM

Aug 2014
I love Shinobu's laugh.
May 12, 2015 6:51 PM

Mar 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
I cringed loads on each side with sheer furor at the fact that appearance physically that of a 8 year old.

For somebody who claims to have a problem with the fanservice, you spent an awful lot of time examining the screenshots...in detail. Protest all you want, but actions speak louder than words. ;-)

MaxVdub said:
"man i hate all this ecchi of a girl who physically looks like an 8 year old so naturally im going to take and post a billion screenshots of it and write a detailed analysis of how much sexier this is going to be when it comes out on bluray"
May 31, 2015 10:30 PM
Jan 2015
This episode was awesome on BD. Can you say 'dat ass'? LOL!
Jun 16, 2015 9:25 PM

Oct 2014
That bathroom is massive. how rich is araragi? jesus.
Jul 17, 2015 8:03 AM

Jul 2014
Somehow, this season seems less boring than season 1. However, because of the pedophile fanservice, I am giving this episode a 1/5. Also, SMH at some of the posts on this thread.

tsundereharasser said:
What can i say, brocon imouto at her best, go Tsukihi go :3

Shinobu part was great, that feel when you got your personal loli, what a pedodream, I can just imagine. Pedos would offer her a freaking giant pile of donuts to keep her mouth shut for sure XDDDD
I liked her haha, her 8 yrs old ass in his face and their conversation about his age. Death do us part, not as Gahara would expect. Hah, I imagine that, when she's over 30 and he's still 18, well they would break up much earlier.

What.
D-ohnutsSep 7, 2015 12:02 PM
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nisemonogatari Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 18, 2012

324 by Matheus050 »»
Apr 28, 9:18 AM

Poll: » Nisemonogatari Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 25, 2012

755 by decco6226 »»
Apr 22, 3:13 PM

Poll: » Nisemonogatari Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Akiyama - Jan 21, 2012

261 by decco6226 »»
Apr 21, 5:32 PM

Poll: » Nisemonogatari Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ariamachi - Jan 14, 2012

348 by Ken_9 »»
Mar 15, 5:11 PM

Poll: » Nisemonogatari Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - Mar 17, 2012

414 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 10, 1:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.